PVP3 & PVP4 Tutorial

Didn't see these mentioned, forgive me if they were and I missed them.

You can repair the shot. Same as any other item that decays and isn't (L).

A lot of folk posting here mine PvP for avas in the same way miners do ores...you are their loot. Don't go, if you can't stay away go with a m8 who you trust and can kill you (so you can't be looted by a PKer ..or at least take you way down in health and maybe confuse the guy on the way)...did I mention not going?

Topography is your best ally ...water, hills, even slight dips in the landscape will give you that chance to charge a TP chip and leave without long range sniping.
A guy on the crest of a ridge who steps the opposite side to the GD approaching is hard to hit unless close. Dive underwater and you're safe from shots fired from land...and can charge up even a minor TP chip most times.

No way to escape and no way to fight, then you're loot. What are you thinking of finding there that you don't mind being looted though? A tower in PvP 4 ? How bad would that be? :laugh:

Nice idea for a thread. ;)

t

Id like to add another important rule, namely:

If u happen to meet Buck in pvp3/4: ruuuuun as fast as u can :laugh:

PS: I like challenges very much if u dont want to run like a chicken ;)

Buck.

Id like to add another important rule, namely:

If u happen to meet Buck in pvp3/4: ruuuuun as fast as u can :laugh:

PS: I like challenges very much if u dont want to run like a chicken ;)

Buck.

Hmm, if there's one truth I have learnt from EU m8, it is this. The Real life achievements of a person are not reflected in game, and vice-versa, the in-game achievements of a person are not
reflective of the person they are in real life. What's the point of your post m8, to impress us?
Yep, in game u may be able to PK many, but your post here is arrogant, I've never chatted
to you in game, but ur post here hasn't impressed me at all, despite your pk skills and uber gear :( This post makes you sound like a right tosser tbh.

Hmm, if there's one truth I have learnt from EU m8, it is this. The Real life achievements of a person are not reflected in game, and vice-versa, the in-game achievements of a person are not
reflective of the person they are in real life. What's the point of your post m8, to impress us?
Yep, in game u may be able to PK many, but your post here is arrogant, I've never chatted
to you in game, but ur post here hasn't impressed me at all, despite your pk skills and uber gear :( This post makes you sound like a right tosser tbh.

It just means he hangs in pvp 4 and you better run if you dont wanna get looted, basta!

Good post + rep, this should be a sticky;)

Meaning that your offtopic about real life achievement and such wasnt really necesary, thats it, we are talking about pvp area nothing else :rolleyes:

I'm with Akon on this one.... after all this thread is for pvp nubs. (and very curious why the thread starter is arguing with on topic posts). It does'nt make anyone look arrogant. It's mkaes him look like top10 soc. Which he is. nubs see any gd, they should run. fast. (seriously...i have encountered teamed gd's on edge of my sreen while chasing another gd... thye could have tped out -the other gd was a whisker out of range- but they ran too close :sniper: 30ped for three shots.

the magic things is :

iF you switch very fast FAP to guns and fire, you hurt yourself...

and if you hurt yourself for more than half your life, a pk is not able to get your loot... you lost your shot but you keep your loot

the magic things is :

iF you switch very fast FAP to guns and fire, you hurt yourself...

and if you hurt yourself for more than half your life, a pk is not able to get your loot... you lost your shot but you keep your loot

Just a guess here .. but prrrooobbably not a good idea to advertise an exploit.

But anyway - I had a friend who did this on accident (Moogs, I think) in pvp 3 or 4 - shot himself - killed himself - revived - had no ores / enmatter.

Just a guess here .. but prrrooobbably not a good idea to advertise an exploit.

i dont use an exploit or so....i just explain this exploit...no time to mail it to MA ;)

well MA if you are reading this : correct this bug plz :D

But anyway - I had a friend who did this on accident (Moogs, I think) in pvp 3 or 4 - shot himself - killed himself - revived - had no ores / enmatter.

you need to be killed by someone else...

you need to be killed by someone else...

Yes - I'm aware how the system is supposed to work.
Doesn't explain where his ores went ;)

Anyway .. didn't mean to hijack your thread Alvar

I'm with Akon on this one.... after all this thread is for pvp nubs. (and very curious why the thread starter is arguing with on topic posts). It does'nt make anyone look arrogant. It's mkaes him look like top10 soc. Which he is. nubs see any gd, they should run. fast. (seriously...i have encountered teamed gd's on edge of my sreen while chasing another gd... thye could have tped out -the other gd was a whisker out of range- but they ran too close :sniper: 30ped for three shots.

Ok, point taken. I had a few glasses of wine when I made that post. Now clear headed. In context of a new player seeing Buck in there, yes good advice, run run run lol. In context of any player not a friend of his in there, run or die :laugh:

Very nice thread, +rep!

Moved to the Tutorials forum.

Also have a PVP4 tip for NON-pkers, miners.

First tp to Akmuul before you go into the zone. Look for people wearing, Infiltrator, eon, vigi and other burn/penetration armors. Click and dragg the avatar, a healthbar occurs. Dragg that bar close to your radar.
Once your in the pvp zone and you see a green dot, you know if that certain GD is one of those people, and when you dont stand a chance RUN and hug mobs!.

Also what i sometimes do when hunting mobs in PVP3-4, is keeping my HP real low, so when a green dot occurs, a mob close to you can kill you in one or two hits. Most of the time this works good.
You can also make shortkeys to low level armor which you carry with you, i always change my phantom to vigi when i hunt Mulmun or Muluk and see a green dot. Vigi protects you pretty ok against guns and riffles, BUT the cut, impact, stab protection is low, so when you meet a mob while running from the green dot, it can easily kill you...(which is a good thing in this context).

Anyways, it doesnt always work, got killed enough times in PvP4.
.......and by the way always lost my loots and shot!

How I wish you were right!

I recently saw a player from the top soc in there, no armour, health low, mob on him, he still shot at me so I outmanouvered the mob and him and PK'ed him. He lost his shot but I did not get his loot. Had a friendly chat with him back at the terminal and he confirmed that you don't lose your loot in that scenario. Don't know about if you go in there with low health, but if a mob takes your health down and a player kills you, you lose your shot not your loot.

No

LOL I do wish you were right. I have been looted and have looted players that were down in health and had mob on them. Actually, I once tried to fax one ava back to life so the mob wouldn't kill him. (So I could kill him.) LOL :laugh: He caught on. It became really funny. I was fapping him. He was frantically taking off armor and trying to run. :eek: The mob killed him before I could, but he teleported back in (after clearing out most of his loot) and I killed him quick. :yay: That is a case where I did not want to keep the loot. Salut to an ava with a rich sense of humor and if you read this, you will know who you are! :wtg:
The one thing new that I have heard about is when the mob that an ava is killing dies, the original ava gets the loot. I dont know how it works if you kill them and then kill their half dead mob.

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
Never believe it's not so
It's magic, you know
Never believe, it's not so!

In appreciation of an excellent & helpful thread + my experiences

First of all many thanks for such a helpful guide to PvP areas - you have received my rep.

MY EXPERIENCE TO DATE:
Been an entropian for a little over 1 yr - many times thought of visiting the oil rig but "PvP" put me off and scared the hell out of me - I was even thinking I may have to go NAKED (regulation underpants ONLY) just to minimise my losses.

2 months ago I DID finally pluck up courage to visit the oil rig - only to be met by a notorious "hogger and defender against all" Avator who shot me on sight - a 2nd attempt resulted in the same treatment but by rocket fire this time - an interesting "death" !!

My reaction ? - to skill up over the next few (many ?) years - for REVENGE !! - an assassin acting on behalf of the "lesser skilled / picked on Avators" being my goal.

Left it at that till about 10 days ago when I came across this thread.

Decided to try the PvP4 area in the north of Eudoria - and - combine this with mining runs which is a skill I have only recently embarked on.

I had some basic ideas on what I would do if attacked - most of which involved the "high end" rifle I had bought at (for me, a pensioner) great expense but which was motivated by my desire to seek revenge for my treatment at the oil rig (yes - that is correct - I now have blood BOILING in my veins - for REVENGE !!) and of course a few tries at powering up a TP chip in case I chickened out.

FINE for nearly a week - several green dots seen in that time but we all were wary of each other and defensive / attack / TP in FEAR protocols were not invoked.

BUT .... !!

TODAY - my luck ran out (coincidence that it is a weekend ? - I think not !!) saw the occasional and proven to be non offensive green dots - till my last green dot - THAT was my down fall.

Saw the dot right on the edge of the radar - kept an eye on it whilst finishing my ore extraction but got very concerned when the dot was heading my way FAST - VERY FAST - WHAM - well - ok - that is not the noise of a plasma rifle but HEY - it sure snapped me out of my complacency - decided to RUN to the nearest trees (13 attacks per minute gives me "some" time BUT not for energising a TP chip at about 7 per minute).

HORRORS of HORRORS - though I was running in the SAME direction, the attacking green dot was gaining on me FAST - INCREDIBLY fast (more about that later).

At this point I turned to see if I could use my Stalker to attack him - DAMN IT - I could not even see any movement let alone take aim - anyway, another - WHAM - put paid to that !! - dead I was

YET .... ?? !!!!

I TP'd (as part of the death & back to RT cycle) pretty fast - Could I have survived WITH my loot - SURELY - YES - would be the answer - after all - the last time I saw the green dot, it was on the 50 metre radar ring.

Needless to say - I had been ROBBED - all stackable loot GONE - not that I had lost THAT much - it is a simple ploy to ALWAYS dump your loot after each run - this run was not one of my best either.

so .... that is it ..... as far as experiences go.

BUT .... !!!

now for ....

MY THOUGHTS on PvP4 (yes specifically FOUR - or higher):
I accept that we are all warned well before we DELIBERATELY venture into such an area that NO RULES apply. Thank you MA for ensuring that such warnings (and compulsary vaccination) are not only there but impossible even for the likes of me, to ignore !!

Maybe BEFORE giving my thoughts - let me extract a few obvious "facts" from this experience.

- I am NOT a noob (though that is of course a relative term !!)
- I have been building up weapons, defense and healing skills since deciding that EU is for ME and is for me LONG TERM.
- Neither am I an ubber - I have broken the professional level of 30 (serendipity) but am still at that level (swordsman) whilst I concentrate on building up BLP to that level (and further) - motivated of course by - REVENGE !!
- I was NOT weighed down with loot etc and thus it was an IMMENSE surprise just how fast that attacking green dot gained on me.
- I was quite surpised at the power of the 2 shots, particularly the first - it knocked my hp quite badly - just 2 shots (the 2nd being from only around 50 metres away) was enough to (over !) kill me.

--- from the last 2 points - it is OBVIOUS that the green dot belongs to an ubber - someone who must be on very high skill levels - how high, I do not of course know BUT though my running speed is higher than noobs, the speed of the green dot gaining on me would imply very HIGH level skills.

MY REACTION / CONCLUSIONS:
Obviously I went into Pvp4 of my own volition and equiped myself such that I could do so (I have even vaccinated myself again !!) - so - in principle I "accepted" the potential and am thus fully to blame for going down (being killed AND ROBBED !!).

YET .... !!!!

I also feel VIOLATED !!

WHY ????

Maybe at my age I have been conditioned by society to be tolerent, let alone supportive of others weaker than myself.

Maybe (and contrary to my thoughts on myself) I am NOT a natural born KILLER - let alone a ROBBER.

Maybe I am too moralistic and cannot accept that the ONLY reason you need to do do somethng (bad ?) is "because I can" and possibly adding to that "you cannot stop me".

I have deliberately held back on posting here and held back until I had been ROBBED, so that I could better express my feelings ( ? !! ).

I can understand ppl having fun in a PvP area - where else can we experience "killing" each other in a mutually satisfying and relatively equal manner AND come back to life (at an RT) to experience it again and again ? - The Octagons make a lot of sense to me for that reason !!

It even makes sense that PvP land areas exist to further that ... um... "interest" !!

BUT .....

The concept of a "HIGH SKILLED" Avatar getting so far in the upper levels of skill levels - then DELIBERATELY setting himself (not intended to be sexist there - replace as you see fit !!) to TARGET (usually ?) far less skilled Avatars so as to KILL and STEAL (presumably for profit) is (to me) REPUGNANT.

No names - no pack drill BUT I now have TWO names on my list of those I will skill up for (against ? !) - JUST SO THAT I CAN ASSASSINATE them every time I met them in an appropriate PvP FOUR (or more) area - YES - I will ROB them, STEAL from them and have NO conscience for it.

What I will NOT do though - is to use my skills gained over the next few years (or ten) - merely to become a BULLY BOY who would use such skills to become a PROFESSIONAL KILLER & THIEF.

I will settle for "Professional Assassin" of those who DO use their ubber skills for such a PRECONCEIVED purpose.

(tail between his legs) Aussie DOG !!

A quick PS - added by editing:

In reading post No.1 it seems that the above relates to a PvP3 area ( not 4 ) - basicily - I am refering to Red PvP areas where you can be killed & LOOTED (my apologies if this has caused some confusion and apologies for an apparent mis-naming of the area !)

Last edited:
Ive never been caught with loot on me so far :) ive ran around and around in circles fapping when ive been empty to just watse his/her ammo thats always fun, they waste about 7-8ped trying to kill me and when they do they get nothing :D grats! :laugh:

GOOD one JasonJJ !!

LOVE it - AND you get the skill increases for Dodge and 1st aid (with othere for good measure )

Of course - if you have armour on, you suffer decay expenses.

I am STILL trying to work out why I did it and what motivates me.

I am not a masacist (can't be - I don't think I spelt that right !!)

--- ahh - MASOCHIST according to my dictionary - so - my "claim" may be valid - that I am not one ( ? !!).

I DO have a perverse nature - an assessment made by so many others throughout my RL - not by me (must be valid ?).

I suspect that even at my age, I cannot believe that there are those in in this world (replaces "society" as that did not seem valid !!) who will step over ANY imaginary line that is drawn in the sand. YET - my RL experiences are peppered with such situations.

Will I go there again ? - OF COURSE I WILL (but I cannot say why - I just do NOT know !!).

Do I believe that such areas should NOT exist ? OF COURSE NOT !!

Having said that - I do believe that MA did a really good job of defining such areas. They are well defined (mapping + warnings on approach) and protected from the casual / accidental / inexperienced / lack of skills of ALL Avatars (by significant protocols which otherwise prevent entry)- yet - are available to ALL Avatars bar none.

Maybe I am motivated to test myself out - can I avoid becoming something that I find repugnant ? - only time will tell !!

Maybe - just maybe - so many ppl in RL are correct in their assessment of me - that I have such a high opinion of myself that I actually believe I know it all, have all the right answers and can conquer all !! - Now I DO KNOW that that is INVALID (but many think otherwise including my best friend in RL).

THAT's LIFE !! :laugh:

(a fast recovering) Aussie DOG !!

Last edited:
Still missing the survival techniques.... Perhaps I should write a guide on that :silly2:

Newbie test run

As a newbie who wants to explore any PVP zone, I suggest you visit a storage bin in the mobile centres and drop off all lootable items. It's an easier way to test the waters in a PVP zone, then going in guns blazin and reviving with your loot gone...just a suggestion!

I tried it and realized I was not ready for the PVP at the time, luckiny I didn't lose my loot.

Ive never been caught with loot on me so far :) ive ran around and around in circles fapping when ive been empty to just watse his/her ammo thats always fun, they waste about 7-8ped trying to kill me and when they do they get nothing :D grats! :laugh:

Not intending to spoil your fun. Just want to clarify a few things:

Killing an empty avatar can be profitable since the killer gets loot from the loot pool (normally/always? peds).

Also remember that you loose your anti-toxic shot when killed. The value of the shot goes into the PVP3&4 loot pools I believe.

Killing an empty avatar can be profitable since the killer gets loot from the loot pool (normally/always? peds.

To me it makes sense that killing mobs involves a loot pool but SURELY, killing another Avatar would be ONLY what is carried by the Avatar who is killed ?

to me that is a "logical" fairness rule.

Can those experienced in this area verify what the situation is in PvP killing of Avatars:
OR
- Avatar carried loot AND loot pool
OR
- empty Avatar THEREFORE loot pool

To me - only the 1st one seems valid.

For those who say - take a friend and try the combinations - I say - too many variables IF the loot pool is involved - as - normal non PvP loots also have "no loot".

(been killed and looted) Aussie DOG !!

To me it makes sense that killing mobs involves a loot pool but SURELY, killing another Avatar would be ONLY what is carried by the Avatar who is killed ?

to me that is a "logical" fairness rule.

Can those experienced in this area verify what the situation is in PvP killing of Avatars:
OR
- Avatar carried loot AND loot pool
OR
- empty Avatar THEREFORE loot pool

To me - only the 1st one seems valid.

For those who say - take a friend and try the combinations - I say - too many variables IF the loot pool is involved - as - normal non PvP loots also have "no loot".

(been killed and looted) Aussie DOG !!

You don't have no-loots on pvp kills. If you successfully do the most damage, you will receive some ammo, and their loot. If you receive no-loot, it means 1) you didn't do the most damage 2) either you or they are bugged. Remember that toxic shots will add to the loot pool - this is where ammo looted off avatars comes from. ammo spent killing other avatars may too... but that is not easy to confirm

Borealis said:
Killing an empty avatar can be profitable since the killer gets loot from the loot pool (normally/always? peds).

uhmmmmmmm it's not profitable considering 90% of loots <5ped, and you are spending at least 1ped per avatar

Excellent guide. Now if only I had the skills to hunt the most elusive prey of all: wabbits.....I mean....man

You don't have no-loots on pvp kills. If you successfully do the most damage, you will receive some ammo, and their loot. ......................

OK - the receiving of AMMO after killing an Avatar would confirm that the loot pool IS included as the rules state that a killed Avatar does not lose ammo.

Thanks for the update Immortal.

Back