The Mechanics of taming: A how-to guide

This is a very good guide, I can see you have spent alot of time on it. Better yet you continue to post.

Any idea what happens if server goes down for more than 10 min when your pet is out?

Do you think my complaints about the 5/10 min are reasonible, and if so has anyone suggested changes to MA?

I tried to give some ideas/solutions along with my complaint, and I truly think that if some of the changes were made, pet sales would increase.

If they are just decoration like a piece of clothing why are they so expensive to maintain? Maybe if they would change some of the rules you might see a pet on auction, increasing reveune for MA.

IN situations such as this in the past, I actually found that my pet was auto stabled for me without loss of trust.

Infact due to some extremely wierd and rare bug when taming initially appeared if you ordered your pet to stable it wouldn't do it, so you had to leave it. Eventually once that server crashed(and every server does eventually crash) it did get stabled. However it went from having 0 trust(newly tamed) to full trust. I haven't been taming in a long time so I can't say this is the same if the server goes down now.

Well, if the server crashes now, your pet gets auto stabled.
Happened twice so far.

Sent in a support ticket and got the usual MA anwser.

Total waste of time and PED, basically to scared to take pet out of stable for fear of server crash.

10 min rule is total crap.

WELL TAMED MY FIRST and SECOND
snable female old then it auto stabled after a crash
skilled up a bit on it
went out and tamed a snable female dominant
that was on level 2 handler and tamer
most happy
all the hints and help in this guide were most helpful
many thanks

Had many ask me about taming since it came back, so I bumped up the old school way for the new players to see what it used to be like.:wise:

Had many ask me about taming since it came back, so I bumped up the old school way for the new players to see what it used to be like.:wise:

"Thread: The Mechanics of taming: A how-to guide" :scratch2:
I guess the old ways are no longer the new.

Maybe we need a new thread?

Things have changed. For instance, in old times, you needed nutrio bar to tame a mob (at the end of the taming process), and this is not the case today. Once tamed, the mob goes immediately in your inventory in the form of a pet deed.

You still need nutrio bar to level up your pet up though, as before.

Back