Entropia Universe Security: Buy a Gold Card

I think you're overhyping this too much. For most people who invested less then a 50$ a GC is completly useless and overrated. Better use that 200 PED on Ammo.

One could think you work for MA and want them to make even more money by buying a GC ~~

I think you're overhyping this too much. For most people who invested less then a 50$ a GC is completly useless and overrated. Better use that 200 PED on Ammo.

One could think you work for MA and want them to make even more money by buying a GC ~~

Whatever you say ;)

my account is worth over 700ped so i have to have GC

Any man can take some risks. Each can decide what is ready to lose. For some 20 ped is a lot. For some 5k ped is not significant. If your value is more than what you can lose with no regrets, get one. Is a great security measure that can help against most kind of hacks.

For those of you who don't know, the security system + reader + postage +insurance costs a lot more than 200 PED for MA. Saying that it profits them as reason for not getting one is just pathetic.
Damn where are those business statements...

What if someone gets my email password and logs in and reactivates account? will the gold card stop that?

What if someone gets my email password and logs in and reactivates account? will the gold card stop that?

The Gold Card prevents anyone from modifying core account information such as personal details, email address on the website. Reactivating your account just resets your password as far as I know, therefore, the individual will still not be able to log into Entropia Universe.

I am unsure of MindArk's procedure when requesting that your account no longer be Gold Card Secured, thus, if an attacker changes your password and then logs a support case asking for the GC to be removed from the account I'm not sure what MindArk does in that event. I'm assuming they would require some kind of security response in order to action it, but I really don't know.

The Gold Card prevents anyone from modifying core account information such as personal details, email address on the website. Reactivating your account just resets your password as far as I know, therefore, the individual will still not be able to log into Entropia Universe.

I am unsure of MindArk's procedure when requesting that your account no longer be Gold Card Secured, thus, if an attacker changes your password and then logs a support case asking for the GC to be removed from the account I'm not sure what MindArk does in that event. I'm assuming they would require some kind of security response in order to action it, but I really don't know.

If I remember right, you need to send a copy of your ID if you want to deactivate the gold card ...

If I remember right, you need to send a copy of your ID if you want to deactivate the gold card ...

That would seem to make sense to me :D

Are there plans on enforcing users purchase the "Gold Card" ?

Are there any plans on enforcing users purchase the "Gold Card" ?

Are there any plans on enforcing users purchase the "Gold Card" ?

None that the community are aware of. I think MindArk should display a message about buying one everytime you make a deposit, if you haven't got one already.

Turnaround

Thumbs up to MA and Canada Post ;)

I ordered the Gold Card system and received it in Canada exactly one week later.

Does the Gold card work with windows vista 64 ultimate? Or will it have driver issues?

Thank you.

Gold card has a separete reader and only generate 6 digits that you should type in yourself. So it is not connected to any computer at all.

Regards Coach

Thank you for fast reply. How fast does Entropia Universe Support answer questions or fix account stuff. Like if you want to add your bank info to your account.

I suggest you get a gold-card, then you will be able to update almost all your information yourself, such as email and bank-info etc.

Support responds as soon as they can, which sometimes is in hours, sometimes it can take days or weeks, depending on what your case entails.

Gold Card

Perhaps the gold card should be alittle cheaper then so everyone can afford one. Also people should be sure to create a secure password for their account 8 chars long containg upper+lower case and numbers.......

Anyone any idea of the numbers of customers mindark lose to char hacking?

Cyber attack on RSA

Does Entropia's Gold Card system have any connection with RSA, a security company that makes such identification tokens?

The FT has: from http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/9d32f9fc-5183-11e0-888e-00144feab49a.html#axzz1HAi0yVtS :

RSA, a unit of US data storage company EMC, said hackers had launched an “extremely sophisticated” cyber attack on its SecurID two-factor authentication system. The system uses small devices to generate a unique number, which is then used in conjunction with another password to verify the identity of the person logging in remotely to a corporate IT network or accessing an online bank account.

RSA said in an online post to customers that the stolen information would not facilitate a direct attack on its ID devices. But it said that an investigation revealed the attack had resulted in certain pieces of information being extracted from its systems.

Pallas

Perhaps the gold card should be alittle cheaper then so everyone can afford one. ?

Free Gold Card Offer
What is the Gold Card Offer?
We care about the security of our participants. Therefore, to help you protect your Entropia Universe account, we have developed the Gold Card Security System. When you deposit over 5000 PED for the first time, and if you do not already own a Gold Card, you will be entitled to a one time only free Gold Card Kit offer that adds an extra security layer to your Entropia Universe account.

The free Gold Card Kit contains one Gold Card and one Gold Card Reader.

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/free-gold-card-offer/

The 5k ped is cumulative, it doesn't have to made all at one time. If you have deposited 5k PED during the life of your avatar you get 1 free Gold Card Security kit.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back