Entropia Universe Security: Buy a Gold Card

AkiranBlade

Slayer
Society
Shaolin
Akira AkiranBlade Kurusowa
We all know about 'the gold card' system, well, most of us do.

The Gold Card does protect your account, while it cannot be a guarenteed method of protection it does form a significant barrier against hack theft. A more thorough explaination of the system is on the following URL:
Gold Card

So why have I made this thread? There appear to be no sticky threads on the subject and I felt the following point needed to be made, to emphasise the fact I am going to write this in big clear lettering!

No matter what level of participant you are, it is sensible to purchase a Gold Card!

So now here for some Q & As about the previous statements which may relate to you:

I've only ever deposited 10 bucks/I've never deposited and now I don't tend/intend to deposit, why should I get one, my avatar is not worth much?

Just because you have not deposited a significant sum of money, this does not mean you have not skilled up and acrued 'Avatar Worth.' Avatar worth is basically the value of your avatar's skills. If you got hacked, any would-be hacker would probably look to strip your avatar of it's skills not just the items your avatar holds.

When you eventually get your avatar back you will feel low maybe even depressed about this, it's a common reaction to the theft of one's perceived belongings. This will probably make you quit your participation when the whole process could have been avoided by using a Gold Card.

Another reason, in this situation, to have a Gold Card is if you've deposited only a small amount of money but you have done this using a Credit Card, an attacker could action a large deposit on your card, thus gaining easy money from your avatar.

I've deposited a fair smack of PEDs, but I feel that I won't fall into the trap of being hacked, so why should I get one?

Hack attempts are not limited to interaction with another avatar. These hacks could be delivered almost silently, even by using some kind of exploit via context media (entropia images, videos, sound and the like.) While the risk of this is low, it is theoretically possible. To read more on that kind of exploit read this Wikipedia article: Buffer overflow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've seen the Gold Card System for sale, but I don't really understand what it is?

As most will know, the Gold Card is available from the Trade Terminals. Once you have purchased the Gold Card, you will receive an item in your inventory showing you that you purchased the Gold Card. This item will remain while your card has yet to be sent and registered. Once you have receieved the Gold card in the post, you will need to register the Gold Card using the Entropia Universe website. This is also explained on the link I gave previously, here it is again:
Gold Card. Once registered and using your Gold Card the item in your inventory will disappear as the process is now complete.

I'm not going to be participating much longer, I feel, so what's the point?

Even if you're not intending to stick around, perhaps you're just trialing Entropia Universe for a while, anyone you make friends with inside Entropia Universe is at risk because of your account security. If you get hacked, one of the things an Avatar Thief will try and do is quickly "Trust Scam" as many people as they can within a short time-frame. Get a hold of any items as 'loan' and then dump the items in a designated spot so they may be picked up by the true thief, or sold quickly to realise the value and launder the money through over-priced goods on the auctions set up by the thief's original avatar.

Besides, "they always come back" when they say they're leaving :D

The final word on this from me is:

It is ALWAYS worth buying the Gold Card, no matter how much you've deposited or how many items you have.

Last edited:
Great Thread +rep

i was about to start the same exact thread!!
just because i'm sorry of seeing many newcome players get hurt about their avatars getting stole...
+rep

i was about to start the same exact thread!!
just because i'm sorry of seeing many newcome players get hurt about their avatars getting stole...
+rep

Yeah, probably from that "my avatar was STOLLED" thread. Yet another non-Gold Card carrying participant gets shafted. Unfortunately, making this thread will not stop these things from happening, but hopefully it will convince more people to make use of the security feature.

"What is the Gold Card and how does it work?" would be excellent additions to the first post.

Also, a VERY good reason to enhance the security on your account is that once you've activated a card with EU, your REAL LIFE FUNDS can be accessed from YOUR AVATAR.

Surely it would be a rude awakening to learn that your EU account had been hacked, and that the hacker just hit your bank account/credit card for $3000.

"What is the Gold Card and how does it work?" would be excellent additions to the first post.

Also, a VERY good reason to enhance the security on your account is that once you've activated a card with EU, your REAL LIFE FUNDS can be accessed from YOUR AVATAR.

Surely it would be a rude awakening to learn that your EU account had been hacked, and that the hacker just hit your bank account/credit card for $3000.

I have already provided a link to the description of this item and it's purpose on the Entropia Universe site, here it is again: Gold Card

There seemed little point in reinventing the wheel on this.

hi i brought my GC few days ago, i realize i was at risk to loss alot thingf include i brought apt. that worth alot of money to buyone ingame
so i deposit more and brought GC for safety sercuity :)
but how long it will take to deliver?
i am not as great as everyone else but i read alot about gold card :) eveyttime look at GC
i wanted badly, but i was not able to get it before
i asked few my friend especially Ido he has been there a long time he said i could get it. i was feeling guilty not to buy it. so i did buy it right away from tt i wil feel better then i was when it come i am going to use it all the time

i wil never know i could be hack someday and loss everything. that i dont want to happen

Hello AkiranBlade

Really well said, this GC should be default to everyone :)

We in HU require every member to have one... actually GC is required when joining Hunters Unlimited :cool:

do u any one of u how long GC take to here?

if I was to own a business like PE there would definately be an ad running every 10 minutes to remind players about the importance of GC. moreover, I'd gladly take 200 ped from every account worth more than 500 ped and even send them a personal e-mail notification, maybe they would consider buying one =)

but hey, maybe MA earns too much already to think about that :laugh:

J.

if I was to own a business like PE there would definately be an ad running every 10 minutes to remind players about the importance of GC. moreover, I'd gladly take 200 ped from every account worth more than 500 ped and even send them a personal e-mail notification, maybe they would consider buying one =)

but hey, maybe MA earns too much already to think about that :laugh:

J.

If i recall right, you get a ingame message about goldcard when you ped balance exeeds 1000ped for the first time.

If i recall right, you get a ingame message about goldcard when you ped balance exeeds 1000ped for the first time.

strange, I haven't seen that one... and I'm quite sure I did not have GC when ped card first time exceeded 1k ped...

ok, that was long ago, maybe that message wasn't implemented yet?

anyhow, after seeing latest hackings I wrote a support case about GC which I'm going to post on forum after getting an answer (overall security reasons why not right now), I'm really looking forward for that one...

J.

Yes this is true :)

strange, I haven't seen that one... and I'm quite sure I did not have GC when ped card first time exceeded 1k ped...

ok, that was long ago, maybe that message wasn't implemented yet?

anyhow, after seeing latest hackings I wrote a support case about GC which I'm going to post on forum after getting an answer (overall security reasons why not right now), I'm really looking forward for that one...

J.

I concur, I don't remember this 2 years ago. I think this is a new(ish) feature.

do u any one of u how long GC take to here?

Further to AkiranBlade's reply, my first gold card (Christmas 05) came in 4 days despite the time of year. That was from Sweden to the UK. My reader wore out this past january, the replacement reader came in 5 days.

Last edited:
BUMP

Get a :censored: Gold Card people!

Got two questions here: is the shipping free of charge or something? How will it be shipped to your home?

excellent post! I would +rep but must spread some...

One thing you might consider adding under the bit about not having deposited much so why bother? How about the fact that not only your items are taken, but many scammers, once taken control of your account, will try to borrow stuff from your friends. We see it on the forum all the time!

By not getting a gold card, you are putting at risk your friends equipment too!

Got two questions here: is the shipping free of charge or something? How will it be shipped to your home?

Shipping is included in the price and they ship to the address you list under your account so if you have moved since your account creation you will need to update your address before buying a GC.

excellent post! I would +rep but must spread some...

One thing you might consider adding under the bit about not having deposited much so why bother? How about the fact that not only your items are taken, but many scammers, once taken control of your account, will try to borrow stuff from your friends. We see it on the forum all the time!

By not getting a gold card, you are putting at risk your friends equipment too!

This point was raised under, "I'm not sure if I'll stick around, why should I bother."

Shipping is included in the price and they ship to the address you list under your account so if you have moved since your account creation you will need to update your address before buying a GC.

Thank you, I was just wondering if there is any additional fee for that, anyway to everyone:

BUY A GOLD CARD

Listen to what these people say, and buy a GC at the first chance you get.

GC: 200 PED
Peace of mind: Priceless

yay GC is been sent i will get sioon
and yes get the

BUY THE GOLD CARD

And please remember to LEAVE the in-game Gold Card in your inventory! Lots of people put it in storage and wonder why they're waiting months for the thing!

MA will only ship your new GC if its in your inventory!

And please remember to LEAVE the in-game Gold Card in your inventory! Lots of people put it in storage and wonder why they're waiting months for the thing!

Yes good i left my in my inventory, and it disappaer after day after. i asked MA why it disappaer from my inventory
they say
13 Feb 2008 Entropia Support:
Hello,
This is because the real item has been shipped. It was sent on the ----------. Please confirm when you have received the parcel.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

Today I got an email about my gold card purchase is rejected without leaving acutal reason, I contacted support but still no reply yet. I'm sure my address is right. Any idea what caused it?

I had my GC in storage and didn´t have any problems.

Today I got an email about my gold card purchase is rejected without leaving acutal reason, I contacted support but still no reply yet. I'm sure my address is right. Any idea what caused it?

Only support can answer this question we'd all be just guessing, I'm guessing ;)

hi,

dsid u know where ur email from? double check it is in ur email on From:, normally they dont send u that unless it from thier own account@entropiauniverse.com
or support_info@mindark.com
sometime there is spam!!
check ur items it got ur GC in there 200PED on entropiauniverse.com
it will tell u about it in or not
i hope it help u

Last edited:
Back