Armor Deterioration Changes

Thank you for the explanation and justification of the reason for the decay. The 1 pec fee for armor seems much more manageable and I can see what the point of it is.

Now if you can just resolve the foot guards issue things will be back to normal, but until then there is a giant glaring hole in EU that is only going to get worse before it gets better. Turn the foot guards and shins into one part, and just give everyone who already looted foot guards that single part, regardless of what it is. There will be some extra shins on the market, but it won't have much effect if it is fixed soon. That, or if you REALLY need to have a seventh part introduced, give the foot guards to anyone who has the shins.

As he said

As they said, and quickly, before more damage is done to this game.

marco, care to enlighten us about the thinking of footguards

I am still gathering info about the foot guards and before I know more I will refrain from comments. I hope to comment tomorrow. I hope you understand.

Btw you "forgot" to comment about foot guards. This change is somewhat similar to the amp nerf in October 2006: do you plan to give us an unpleasant surprise evey year in October? :scratch2:

Btw you "forgot" to comment about foot guards. This change is somewhat similar to the amp nerf in October 2006: do you plan to give us an unpleasant surprise evey year in October? :scratch2:

No he didnt? :confused:

If I put on the shins and thingguard i always drop my pants automaticly - after this i have to put on my pants angain and pay pec.

nice? :scratch2:

This is being discussed. Right now it is less than perfect, especially that there is no warning as to it. I'll talk more with the devs and hopefully have a comment by tomorrow.

"As the fee has now been reduced, an increased delay of 0.5 seconds is included when equipping armors."

Much better idea. *gives Marco a small hug* :hug:

I agree that it is a part of the social aspect. It is also a part of the business that exists in Entropia. And in order to facilitate and support the business in a balanced matter for future developments in the clothing system this is a necessity.

Also, the condition decay is when you put on clothes only, not when you take it off. Just to make that clear.

Taxation is a means to discourage consumption of a product. Consider for example taxes on tobacco products which are intended to disincent people from smoking by making cigarettes more expensive. Adding a tax to equip clothes will drive many people into keeping the same outfit instead of buying new ones. So instead of encouraging the tailoring profession it will have the opposite effect, as can already be seen by many people posting on this forum static they don't mind the tax since they plan on never changing their outfit to avoid it. The knock-on effects of a reduced tailoring throughput will have far reaching effects on the economy of EU as a whole, so we are not talking just about the tax, but its implications. 2 PEC isn't a big deal, but when it ultimately translates in reduced turnover of crafting materials it becomes a big problem.

The fog at nymph is this a bug or a hint at the coming of a weather system in the future? If it is a bug it is accutally a nice change so please don't fix it :).

And I am back from my vacation. I didn't think that it would be warmer here than in real life, but I am ready.

In the future MA will convey more information about changes and upgrades before hand and have discussions about it. I will also make sure that the MA mission statement/vision will be made available in the next couple of weeks, to present how and why MA do things and what we intend to create, long-term.

Can I please have a hug before I get flamed? ,-)

If its lag your worried about, then why dont you just increase the delay of changing armors. Theres no need for the fee, wouldt you agree to that our armors decay enough as it is from normal use???

Start with this, and before we know it theres a 5pec decay when equiping FAPs so you can reduse the lag fapping cases???

I dont think you can expect to get many hugs from anyone that plays EU atm, however I'm willing to give you one once the armor fee is removed :)

Marco, there is (understandably) a lot of talk about armor decay increasing with the addition of foot guards. Would you please clarify whether the guards will
1- take some of the hits that formerly went to e.g. the gloves
or
2- take hits in cases where a mob would have missed before

Also, has any consideration been given to splitting of gloves in people's inventory into foot guard+gloves (if the hits going to gloves will be split between gloves and foot guards)? This would resolve a lot of the angst.

Last edited:
I am still gathering info about the foot guards and before I know more I will refrain from comments. I hope to comment tomorrow. I hope you understand.

But then let me ask you a small additional question:

Wasn't the foot guard change extensively discussed with the Community Director before being included in the release? :eek:

No need to answer this one in fact, you already did.

Take care and good luck,
BBB

As somebody already stated, Marco, why not increase this new armor changing delay and remove the fee entirely?

More info will come as to the PoE armor in the near future.

So... what about the footguard situation for THE REST OF US? Never mind the four sets or whatever of specialty armor - there are 1Ks and 1Ks or incomplete everyday armours out there now because of this harebrained footguard thing.

Either supply a footguard to each holder of a shin, or make the shin and footguard ONE PIECE.

Why should everyone now have INCOMPLETE armor and have to pay resellers an outrageous sum for Footguards?

As somebody already stated, Marco, why not increase this new armor changing delay and remove the fee entirely?

Because then they wouldn't be making the thousands of extra dollars that they are making off the new tax.

:wtg:

Nice post this one!

+ rep to Community! The effort paid of a little atleast!
+ rep to Marco beeing active and collecting feedback, and for
some info in the first post that seems promissing.

Not at all perfect this, but atleast better.
Nice to see the effort of the community paid off. Even if MA would
have counted with the reaction this got, and counted in that they
could take "half the fee" back, I doubt they would have done it without
the strong reaction from the community . So good work to them who
did it right & constructive! Well done :)

Still more to fix, keep on nagging!

Thank you for at least letting us know that you realize there is a major problem with the foot guards issue...I think this will help a lot of people calm down and be patient, especially since the problem wouldn't affect us until the next VU anyway. We definitely understand that MA employees are only human, just like us, and won't get everything perfect on the first try. You just have to let us know you are listening, and we will be patient.

About the foot guards...There seem to be only two logical options from what many players have discussed:

1. Give them out to people
2. Change the shins and foot guards into one part

If the seventh part is absolutely necessary, option 1 must be followed in one way or another. If you consider trying to drop or craft foot guards for high end and rare armor sets, you will realize that there is no good way of doing this. Even if many foot guards are dropped, there is no guarantee that they will end up with their respective sets. PoE armor wasn't dropped, so you would either have to put these in loots (again, won't reach the sets) or give them out. If you give them out to PoE set holders, it won't be fair to people with other sets. Therefore, please follow through with one of the two options listed above. Thank you for reading this.

Nails in Coffins

Taxation is a means to discourage consumption of a product. Consider for example taxes on tobacco products which are intended to disincent people from smoking by making cigarettes more expensive. Adding a tax to equip clothes will drive many people into keeping the same outfit instead of buying new ones. So instead of encouraging the tailoring profession it will have the opposite effect, as can already be seen by many people posting on this forum static they don't mind the tax since they plan on never changing their outfit to avoid it. The knock-on effects of a reduced tailoring throughput will have far reaching effects on the economy of EU as a whole, so we are not talking just about the tax, but its implications. 2 PEC isn't a big deal, but when it ultimately translates in reduced turnover of crafting materials it becomes a big problem.

Hunters, will find it harder to sell there Tailoring related loots - there loots for tailoring items will fall - there % profit on Hunts will fall - and I just lost a job - now my expensive Tailoring skills are pointless... What a mess dam waste of time......

RCOFN.jpg

Nails in who's coffins
Moonfish :mad::mad::mad:

thx marco, welcome back to EU, we all need your help:yay:

Hmm. Are you confused by this item being introduced?

is everyone seriously happy about it being changed to only 1pec???

Im not. tax is tax,1 pec remains the same in my eyes - its wrong.

• Decay on clothes? Fine. Many of us were expecting it anyway.
  • New piece of armor? Fine. We'll deal with it.
  • Decay equipping armor? Unacceptable at any price.

Simple.

Vacation?

Welcome back from your vacation, Marco... hope you had lots of fun and came back fresh and relaxed, since you'll need some karma those few days...
Here's your hug :grouphug:, even if I'm not sure you deserve it! ;P

I'm sorry to think about the poor Frank left all alone looking at this mess the VU made... Heck, his last post was so nice and full of promises:
[...]
Everything is going alright though:)
:rofl: poor Frank! :rolleyes:

Now let's roll...

First of all:
Why can we not have a delay of 5 sec and NO decay? i for one welcome the hotkey addition, and can happily wait a considerable time between reloads for this feature. there is no need to charge us at all.
Can't add anymore to what aridash said.
Let me just elaborate a bit on it, since it would be great to be able to assign armor sets to hotkeys instead of the single parts, even with a longer delay.

Second:
If modifying the armor decay from 2 to 1 pec needed a delay increase of 0.5seconds, can you please add another 0.5seconds to the delay and reduce the decay of another 1 pec?
Thanks!

Third:
And will the issue with auto removing certain clothing (hats, sunglasses, Ninja Jackets) be address?
again aridash's suggestion. Let me add shoes, jeans, coats, etc... There's no sense in having those removed when you put your armor on...

Fourth:
What is the reason behind the footguards? Seems nobody's able to grasp WHY you did that, so maybe you could help us all understand. Ain't that your work afterall?
Please enlighten us!

And, last but not least:
Where did you went on vacation, again? ;)

Because then they wouldn't be making the thousands of extra dollars that they are making off the new tax.
Was curious about Marco's answer on that one. But yeah, I guess making money is the only reason, as he's not answering.

My only complaint so far has been the tax, but the foot guards is also a major issue. I play on a limited budget (Yes I do/did deposit) and my best set of Armour is Nemesis.

I worked hard to loot 3 pieces of my "set" and deposited in more $'s than I can really to spare to complete my set....It was a really happy and proud day..

Now I find my set is incomplete? How the **** is that right? I already spent peds to get this set of armour which offers protection of a certain level, now when the VU 9.1 comes my level of protection has gone down? Or to mantain the same protection I have to spend god knows how many extra peds to either loot or buy the foot guards!?

Talk about moving the goalposts! Marco, you'll get your hug the day MA play fair!

Im glad that not everyone in this community is totally dumb, and can see the manipulation from MA on this armor decay.

All this talk about changing armor and clothes causing lag but in the same update you add new text to combat tell us that an item is in use so we can not change to another weapon/fap. As if that wasnt bad enough alot of the time this message keeps coming up after the bar for the last item has cleared meaning we are getting hit more without been able to do anything. Apart from the fact that when we equip some items it auto removes other which in turn leads to even more stuff having to be equiped again.

And I am back from my vacation. I didn't think that it would be warmer here than in real life, but I am ready.

In the future MA will convey more information about changes and upgrades before hand and have discussions about it. I will also make sure that the MA mission statement/vision will be made available in the next couple of weeks, to present how and why MA do things and what we intend to create, long-term.

Can I please have a hug before I get flamed? ,-)

I still love you Marco, are you coming to LA?

Back