MA gave us a new "feature"?

H

Hoffy

Anyone else found that they can no longer click on the mining rod (or drag the little action window off the mining rod) anymore to start mining - it just says "this claim is owned by"

This is a pain in the backside, when you hunt you can still click on the mob to shoot it so why have they broke this ???! I checked the options to see if something had changed but nothing had...

Say w000t! i always use the little rod window!!

for me it is much more important to be able to see who's claim is than be able to loot it through click.

ffs, what difference makes in extracting? :eek:

Dannei said:
Say w000t! i always use the little rod window!!

Now confirmed by MA:

Mindark Support said:
Hi,
With the introduction of the new items info system, the setting of the interaction menu has been updated. When you target an item, you will get "items info" as default first choice in the interaction menu. We do understand that this might cause some initial confusion for some participants, but this feature facilitates the general interaction with items. To avoid problems while excavating, we advise you to either use the quickbar or the interaction menu, which you reach by clicking the right mouse button.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Strangely this new undocumented feature doesnt affect hunting if you click on the little window it shoots (if that is whats equipped obviously lol). Its a serious pain to line up your avatar now with the mining claim rod now. :mad:

I do love their suggestion to use the right mouse window - say to mine a considerable lyst or so? lol - do MA even PLAY their own game?

Hoffy said:
Its a serious pain to line up your avatar now with the mining claim rod now. :mad:

heh? equip ore extractor, look to claim, press extract. lol

(you DO know that the game can be played in first-person view too, right?)

Kerham said:
heh? equip ore extractor, look to claim, press extract. lol

Sorry, I wasnt very clear - I normally mine looking down at my avatar. Before this VU - you could drag the little window off the claim rod, select your extractor from the quick "bug" bar and then click on the window. Regardless of which direction your avatar was facing it would turn to and walk towards your claim rod and start extracting. Now, you have to align yourself up with the claim rod manually to begin extracting. To me, this is cumbersome, if you had to do the same to hunt a mob it would drive you nuts! :)

EDIT: Yep, but I prefer the 3rd person perspective :)

actually, is up to anyone to build his style.

mining, i run 3rd person and extract 1st person view.

hunting i do both 3rd person and 1st person view.

is rly easy, when u want to extract, just press Z and u go first person ffs

Kerham said:
actually, is up to anyone to build his style.

mining, i run 3rd person and extract 1st person view.

hunting i do both 3rd person and 1st person view.

is rly easy, when u want to extract, just press Z and u go first person ffs

Now, just because YOU play that way, doesnt mean EVERYONE wants to play that way. The change was UNDOCUMENTED,and in my opinion, not required or helpful.

Does it really bother you to the point of saying FFS in both your replies?

same rationament with "YOU and EVRYONE" can be applied to ursel ;)

actually, it does bother me, because i don't want to loose this "this claim is owned by.."

Kerham said:
same rationament with "YOU and EVRYONE" can be applied to ursel ;)

actually, it does bother me, because i don't want to loose this "this claim is owned by.."

You always had the ability to see who owned the claim - right click on the claim and it was under (If memory serves correctly) interaction - item info.

Again, in your same thread a different way of finding out the same info, but why would you need to know who owns the claim if you just found it?

:>

i needed only once or twice, but when i meet a drill tower i am very interested to see who's is, therefore to see what ore and what time it was token

Hoffy, I agree with you! I also mine looking down on myself and it is a pain in the butt for me too. Yes it is good to see who owns which resource but there are plenty of other ways to find this info out. Lets hope it gets changed to the way it was soon!

I do everything in 3rd person, except hunting. I always use my quick bar to help me extract / claim / heal /equip various weapons etc.

Might not be everyones preference but is easier than clicking to use a tool, especially cos I use a laptop.

The claim owners name showing up is an old feature that was temporarily gone. Perhaps you didnt play back when you werent able to select and right click to do actions? :dunce:

I love the PE community.

Person 1 whines about "MA not fixing any bugs ffs" (add any kind of smiley) and
Person 2 whines about MA fixing bugs because the fix isnt in Person 2's flavour.

The rod owner msg on right click have been a feature for as long as I can remember. About a year or so ago it got bugged and have been frustrating me ever since. Thankfully its fixed. Big :thumbup: @ MA.

I agree its a pain for us 3rd person miners.

Worse - if you have a bunch of claims marked you cant click on them and go to the bathroom as you walk across the screen and get your first pull on it..

I noticed it as well but there is just needed a small adjustment from our side when mining. Just click it as usal so u run to the claim and when there and U have recived the message, right click and continue clicking the left button :p confusing? No

I kinda like to see my name in the all chat so nice I say :)

dalewj said:
I agree its a pain for us 3rd person miners.

Worse - if you have a bunch of claims marked you cant click on them and go to the bathroom as you walk across the screen and get your first pull on it..

It works like that for me but I have it set up differently.

1. Click the claim rod so the box is green.
2. I press the F-key that my extractor is set for. (twice if its on a different tool currently).
3. I automatically walk to the claim rod and extract once.

Hope this helps. You just have to use a different key rather than double-clicking the claim.

To me, it looks like a bug they just don't want to fix.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, either right or a left click just tells you who owns the resource. You cant (or at least I couldnt) bring up even the context menu anymore when you right click on a claim rod.

It was easier before when you could right click, get your menu and select "info" if you wanted to see who the claim rod belonged to and left clicking actioned whatever tool you had equipped at the time - exactly like hunting.

I mine, hunt, etc. in 3rd person. It was initially confusing to double-click on the claim rod and see that it was owned by me.

I figured out that I can still extract third person.

Equip the correct extractor
Right-click the claim rod and select use tool
Press the number that cooresponds to the extractor on your 'B' bar till the claim is extracted.

I got an Ample oil yesterday and this process worked great...

DarkMatter

unionova said:
I love the PE community.

Person 1 whines about "MA not fixing any bugs ffs" (add any kind of smiley) and
Person 2 whines about MA fixing bugs because the fix isnt in Person 2's flavour.

The rod owner msg on right click have been a feature for as long as I can remember. About a year or so ago it got bugged and have been frustrating me ever since. Thankfully its fixed. Big :thumbup: @ MA.

Im glad Im not the only one who posted that sort of reply :D

Really, its not a bug/new feature, nor is it hard to mine in 3rd person without right clicking ;) Hit "N" to bring up crosshairs and aim at the rod and use the left mouse button to extract :)

i guess nooone else realises this fix....

you can't just right click on an item to pick it up anymore. i've tested this. you have to right click and select from menu to pick up, other wise it give you a items info screen.

now if you at the rig, or during a lang grab, autoclickers wont be any good.

What I think is the obvious reason for this change is that you will no longer accidentally send out another bomb or probe because you haven't actually selected the extractor yet.
Defaulting the action to be "use tool" instead of "item info" prevents accidents that cost you money.
I'll get used to the change and save me the money of my foolish mistakes.

Thanks.

I think this is a change in the interaction system, they have change the default action on right-click to info.

Before when you clicked the right mouse button the default operation was operate for useable items and pickup for the rest.

About the reasons to this change... Well i think it was because of the art gallery, to make it easy to access the information on the paintings.

Before, if you clicked them with the right mouse button you would get the "You are not the owner of this item" message.

But i think that most of the things you could do with the right mouse button can be done with the left, at least picking up.

Anybody think as I do that MA did this to keep people from using AC's to mine out large finds? That way you have to actually sit at the console to get your money? This way maybe people will be less likely to deplete extremely large finds.

Maybe as a suggestion, they should allow an option in the program - this would cater for everyone. Also, to the "whinge" comments - why is any constructive comment immediately thought of a whinge?

1000,2000,3000 - takes deep breath...

I understand that some of you don't like this change, but I personally do. Since my opinion matters and yours doesn't, end of discussion. Just kidding :laugh: couldn't resist. Really though, I like this change, I run around and bomb/probe in 3rd but go to 1st to extract or hunt. I know that is just me but something to give a try. The real reason I am happy with this change. Instead of having to hold my mouse to see item info about any item be it a claim, something in someones apt, etc. I can just click said item to see what I want to know.

Back