Event Bug (regarding Molisk Mayhem)

I was at this event as well, the true issue that got this all started was the fact that all of the molisks in the land area were completely wiped out in a matter of 2 or 3 minutes then they did not respawn for almost 45 minutes i think larry just got bored, however it was not right and ofc he should have returned the item. The organizer should also return the 100 ped entry fee to all other participants due to the fact the mobs werent spawning and then worry about getting his peds back from the land area owner if this was even sorted out before hand, if not then he should just bite the bullet and pay everyone back and let the rest work itself out with whatever if anything MA will decide to do. I would also recommend that in future events with prizes such as this to do as others have mentioned and hand out said prize after the event for the time being it is the only way to ensure this does not occur. As bad as i hate to say it.....MindArk will most likely do nothing about this as it is not larry's fault that they have not changed this problem in the coding, not that i agree with it...im just saying what mindark will most likely say about it. All i would ask of larry is to think about it, it is not all of the players in the game that have robbed your ped card for however long you have played it is mindark so why screw them we are all in the same boat same sinking ship that is called entropia universe this is just bad for getting newer players to stay and deposit and possibly get more ped into the circulation again as it has been pretty bad for quite sometime now and people such as yourself just add to the issue.

Yes i agree but the bade molisk respawn was for every one and i did not kill other mobs but if i hade killd that hogglo i hade give my fap a way to the right winner i cant cheet but i hope MA will do the right thing the time will show what am are doing about this

MindArk must do something to rectify BOTH of the following!

The only reason to why im not commenting anything or defend my self is beacause no matter what i write or say there is always people that twist and turn around words to make them sound like theyself want to.

i know it was the wrong mob too shoot in that event but since it was possible and it is no cheat or exploit it will be done with or without me and and has been done so many times and will be done again if possible, the only one that can prevent that is MA like so many other safety issues that can be a easy fix.

i have bitched and moaned to MA many times but they simply do not care about many things,

The more I read this, the more I feel sick at this sort of person.

I have decided on the following:

MindArk will pickup the ball on this and rectify the BOTH the bug in due time and will confiscate this T20 UnL from Larry and return it to the rightful winner.

Otherwise, if MindArk do nothing to rectify BOTH of these things, I will simply cancel the $ 1200 USD I am putting into the system to support the Viperstrike 2013 FREE Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative.

In my eyes and heart, MindArk must prove themselves worthy through doing the right thing by all of us.

This MA you can cut in stone as it is not a threat, it is a promise.

I will cancel my initiative to help out newcomers if you do not fix this issue and punish the exploiter.

Link to Newcomer Initiative Notice > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-for-Calypso&p=3059259&viewfull=1#post3059259

Cheers,
Viper

The more I read this, the more I feel sick at this sort of person.

I have decided on the following:

MindArk will pickup the ball on this and rectify the BOTH the bug in due time and will confiscate this T20 UnL from Larry and return it to the rightful winner.

Otherwise, if MindArk do nothing to rectify BOTH of these things, I will simply cancel the $ 1200 USD I am putting into the system to support the Viperstrike 2013 FREE Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative.

In my eyes and heart, MindArk must prove themselves worthy through doing the right thing by all of us.

This MA you can cut in stone as it is not a threat, it is a promise.

I will cancel my initiative to help out newcomers if you do not fix this issue and punish the exploiter.

Link to Newcomer Initiative Notice > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-for-Calypso&p=3059259&viewfull=1#post3059259

Cheers,
Viper

dont cancel ur initiative let karma do its course ur doing a good job on new players...:)

Of course driving in my car omw to work i receive an email with support case update. No goldcard on me so have to wait ~5 hours before i can read it!

Answer from support case..

Hi Bee,

Thank you for contacting us. I have forwarded your report and feedback about this to members of the responisble for further investigation and I will contact you as soon as I receive more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

I wonder who the members of the responsible are... :srcatch:

Answer from support case..

I wonder who the members of the responsible are... :srcatch:

That is good news to start with.

I would say with the vu-14 issues though that a proper resolution may take a few weeks.

Cheers,
Viper

I would say with the vu-14 issues though that a proper resolution may take a few weeks.

Cheers,
Viper

I hope MA will do some thing but i dont thinner they can take back the UL T 20 Larry hade the fap in auc but took it out. And sold it to his friend ermik ermik ermik and now ermik have the fap in auc.. I feel sorry for Vitus who lost the fap to à cheeter and Larry is à very skild ava and MA always stands on the big guy side :(

I hope MA will do some thing but i dont thinner they can take back the UL T 20 Larry hade the fap in auc but took it out. And sold it to his friend ermik ermik ermik and now ermik have the fap in auc.. I feel sorry for Vitus who lost the fap to à cheeter and Larry is à very skild ava and MA always stands on the big guy side :(

Don't lose hope, skilled or not, Larry may be asked to pay back the PEDs to buy a new one,

Loki has many for sale, Larry can just dish out and buy one from Loki and return to Vitus :)

Or MA can intervene ban larry for some time from game until he agrees to buy/return another fap or compensation in ped for a new item to Vitus.

But it is MA call, many options they can do, just don't lose hope. MA will fix in time :)

I think personally Larry deserves lifetime ban, but he does generate money for MA so maybe not wise, money talks in business :)

dont cancel ur initiative let karma do its course ur doing a good job on new players...:)

Yes this is true, but MA does not deserve to have new players made happy if they are unethical.
We will wait and see what MA comes up with, if they are ethical or not.

Cheers,
Viper

Yes this is true, but MA does not deserve to have new players made happy if they are unethical.
We will wait and see what MA comes up with, if they are ethical or not.

Cheers,
Viper

Wait, you are demanding MA seize property from another player and calling them unethical? Maybe MA should also seize back all the ped players paid for tickets as well. Maybe you need to take a deep breath and consider what you are demanding here, someone won a combibo event by hoffing on an Armax, should his winnings be confiscated as well and that player banned? I don't think we want MA to be taking items from players.

Wait, you are demanding MA seize property from another player and calling them unethical? Maybe MA should also seize back all the ped players paid for tickets as well. Maybe you need to take a deep breath and consider what you are demanding here, someone won a combibo event by hoffing on an Armax, should his winnings be confiscated as well and that player banned? I don't think we want MA to be taking items from players.

No you misunderstand, I am not calling MA unethical or ethical at this point in time.

Right now it stands at neutral.

However if they prove to be unethical in not rectifying the situation, then why should I go and help newcomers with free newcomer start packs each year to the tune of $ 1200 USD ?

That is the point I am making, if they are unethical, I will stop the initiative because I will not support an unethical company. If they do resolve the issue, however they go about doing it, then sure I am happy to give away $ 1200 USD (12k PED) each year to help out newcomers with free starter kits.

Taking an item from an exploiter and banning the exploiter for dragging mobs into the LA as some witnesses have confirmed Larry doing would be the most ethical approach in my eyes. But I will leave that to MA to judge.

^^ Point being this, the mobs were intentionally drawn to the molisk LA, not unintentionally.

Last edited:
I see what you are doing right now as unethical. You are essentially bribing MA to take an item away from another player. It would be completely unethical for them to do what you are asking. I understand you are upset about the way this all worked out but you're going too far now. 80? players paid 100 ped for tickets and as far as we know 78 of them played fairly, they are the ones that deserve to be paid back if anyone does, if the fap gets taken back through any means they should get their ticket price back too, how many quit trying after they saw the hogglo?

I was not in the event so I have no skin in the game, I'm just giving the perspective of an outsider.

I see what you are doing right now as unethical. You are essentially bribing MA to take an item away from another player. It would be completely unethical for them to do what you are asking. I understand you are upset about the way this all worked out but you're going too far now. 80? players paid 100 ped for tickets and as far as we know 78 of them played fairly, they are the ones that deserve to be paid back if anyone does, if the fap gets taken back through any means they should get their ticket price back too, how many quit trying after they saw the hogglo?

I was not in the event so I have no skin in the game, I'm just giving the perspective of an outsider.

No it would not as it is clear that Larry has exploited a flaw in the system.

I am not bribing MA to do anything. I am asking them to come clean and take responsibility of what is in the EULA about ruining the experience for other players through purposeful exploitation of the system that is not intended.

As far as Larry is concerned, to me he can rot in hell, he is an exploiter and a cheater. I have confirmed this through those who have witnessed him dragging mobs to the LA. So I do not make this statement without due diligence.

I have simply made the promise that I will purchase the rightful winner Vitus a new UnL T20 Vivo at the expense of closing down the newcomer initiative altogether.

I will not support MA if they do not both rectify the bug and punish Larry the exploiter as well. One of these is not good enough in my eyes, both must be concluded in the resolution.

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:

Cheers,
Viper
Yes it will take a while for MA to come up with a solution. Also redirected MA to this thread.

Don't lose hope, skilled or not, Larry may be asked to pay back the PEDs to buy a new one,

Loki has many for sale, Larry can just dish out and buy one from Loki and return to Vitus :)

Or MA can intervene ban larry for some time from game until he agrees to buy/return another fap or compensation in ped for a new item to Vitus.

But it is MA call, many options they can do, just don't lose hope. MA will fix in time :)

I think personally Larry deserves lifetime ban, but he does generate money for MA so maybe not wise, money talks in business :)

It's possible they give him a temporary ban, impossible to retrieve the item because it changed owner a few times. Like you said there are many things they can do :)

All we can do is wait and see what they come up with.

Like you said there are many things they can do :)

All we can do is wait and see what they come up with.

Agreed!

This is the notice I posted in the other thread, sad news but they are on notice.

Hi,

I have sad news that there is the "potential" that this initiative may be cancelled if MindArk do not rectify one of the Event bugs in the system and punish an exploiter ingame who has cheated many folk out of winning a valuable prize fairly.

So I hearby put this initiative on notice, that if MindArk does not rectify this issue, this initiative will be cancelled.

Link to exploiter > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...lisk-Mayhem)&p=3059248&viewfull=1#post3059248

~ Viper

It is pretty simple really, not an and/or statement, just a ethical or unethical approach. That is all.
I will not hand out 12,000 PED per year (as I intend to keep on doing this each and every year now that I am retired) to increase retention for a company that allows people to exploit and steal from others so easily.

I am also aware that this may take a little time to resolve, so i am happy to wait for a meaningful outcome and in the meantime will continue the initiative as planned.

Last edited:
As another outsider, from how this reads it appeared as though the guy dragged a high-hp mob into a scheduled and advertised Molisk Event, a mob which would not spawn inside the Land Area, did this 1-2? 10? times (no clue) until he had highest single loot within the land area.

That is not glitching or hacking the server or any other mechanic, it is exploiting an existing mechanic. That much is plain to see.

As for what should happen; no weight here - maybe MA should get the Land Area owners in for a chat via skype or something and discuss the options of ensuring that only an active mob in a land area counts towards a land area event. Put a policy in place saying that DNA cannot be changed during an event with more than 1 participant. Put a policy in place that has a YES/NO "You agree to the rules as listed" box. There are several ways to deal with this kind of situation. I guess the ingenuity of the actions leaves MA with community feedback........

MA will not do anything about this.

The only thing they can do is to prevent this to happend again.

MindArk already have a system in place to ensure that the loot from a mob is taxed based on the LA on which it spawned, regardless of where it is killed. (This ensures that players can't just tag mobs off an LA then kill them without the loot being taxed)

Surely they can find a way to ensure that when an event is created on an LA, only killing the mobs spawned on that LA (ie where tax goes to that LA's owner) will contribute to event points/prizes ?

As another outsider, from how this reads it appeared as though the guy dragged a high-hp mob into a scheduled and advertised Molisk Event, a mob which would not spawn inside the Land Area, did this 1-2? 10? times (no clue) until he had highest single loot within the land area.

That is not glitching or hacking the server or any other mechanic, it is exploiting an existing mechanic. That much is plain to see.

Yes, this is exploiting existing mechanics to cheat other event participants.

Trapping mobs is also exploiting existing mechanics, and people had been banned for that in past!

MindArk already have a system in place to ensure that the loot from a mob is taxed based on the LA on which it spawned, regardless of where it is killed. (This ensures that players can't just tag mobs off an LA then kill them without the loot being taxed)

Surely they can find a way to ensure that when an event is created on an LA, only killing the mobs spawned on that LA (ie where tax goes to that LA's owner) will contribute to event points/prizes ?

Let us hope, that is one of the resolutions, mechanics wise :)

MA will not do anything about this.

The only thing they can do is to prevent this to happend again.

Let us see first what they come back with, I hope they do something about this, and properly too.
I don't believe my faith is misplaced at this point in time :) Not yet anyway.

MindArk already have a system in place to ensure that the loot from a mob is taxed based on the LA on which it spawned, regardless of where it is killed.

Do we know this for sure, or is it just something MA insinuated to put people off doing it?

Seems to me a bit unfair on people who've unknowingly killed a mob or mobs that have wandered or been pulled out of an LA, without seeing any tax warning.

However if they prove to be unethical in not rectifying the situation, then why should I go and help newcomers with free newcomer start packs each year to the tune of $ 1200 USD?

I think your hope of MA forcing Larry to return the T20 or funds to the equivalent is unrealistic. A temp-ban (for exploiting) as a warning maybe more likely. I think the priority here is encouraging MA to fix the exploit.

I certainly would hope MA wouldn't make their decision based on a player threatening the withdrawal of a personal monetary initiative. As generous as your initiative may be, it's got nothing to do with this.

Last edited:
Do we know this for sure, or is it just something MA insinuated to put people off doing it?

Seems to me a bit unfair on people who've unknowingly killed a mob or mobs that have wandered or been pulled out of an LA, without seeing any tax warning.

I think your hope of MA forcing Larry to return the T20 or funds to the equivalent is unrealistic. A temp-ban (for exploiting) as a warning maybe more likely. I think the priority here is encouraging MA to fix the exploit.

I certainly would hope MA wouldn't make their decision based on a player threatening the withdrawal of a personal monetary initiative. As generous as your initiative may be, it's got nothing to do with this.

If they tempban it will be many people from that event banned for a while, they cant just ban the user with the higest loot, they will need to ban the other ppl hunting hogglo/proterons aswell. this is unrealistic, will not happend.

If they tempban it will be many people from that event banned for a while, they cant just ban the user with the higest loot, they will need to ban the other ppl hunting hogglo/proterons aswell. this is unrealistic, will not happend.

While many people were trapping mobs, only when somebody got ATh on trapped mob he got banned. Don't think other who were trapping mobs at the same time got ban also. So not very unrealistic as you can see.

Landowners are big investors in EU and I dont think they are too happy with people dragging mobs from other LA's into theirs, they dont recieve tax from it but they need to pay out prices to the person exploiting. Thats pretty serious I think.

While many people were trapping mobs, only when somebody got ATh on trapped mob he got banned. Don't think other who were trapping mobs at the same time got ban also. So not very unrealistic as you can see.

I don't think that guy was banned, at least not for long. I'm pretty sure I saw him in game later.

Install Fences.

In the Old West, Cattle ran free. When cattle got stolen (exploited) farmers started putting up fences.

Mindark should put a new option in Estate Terminal/event terminals for LAs that gives LA owner option to 'install fence.'

When fence is installed, the area around the LA will be surrounded by an extremely tall fence similar to the 'invisible walls' at server borders, etc. When fences are installed, mobs cannot cross the fences... (also participants cannot enter/exit without a flying vehicle or tp chip, use of teleporter on the LA, etc.).

Fences can be installed permanently by LA owners or just temporarily by event coordinators.

I have not participated in events lately, but a few years ago when I did, I remember that there was some option that if participants didn't have a ticket they would not revive on the LA that the event was on... I know that first hand because I remember countless Neas sweaters ending up at Omegaton during events on Neas because they didn't have the tickets. Perhaps something similar can be coded for mobs... except instead of forcing them off the Land area, force them to auto-die if they leave the Land Area they were spawned on... similar to drowning or something... Go a step or three further... make every Land Area have it's own dna mix and make it so that no two Land areas can have the same mob on them at any point in time... they cannot survive outside of the land area... then take all the mobs that are in the Land Areas and remove them from any non-Land areas like Eudoria, etc. Make it so that if that one type of mob wants to be hunted you have to go to it's Land area and it won't be anywhere else in game at all. All the mobs between Lands will be generic mobs, etc. Would take some massive rehaul of the entire system but might be worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Install Fences.

In the Old West, Cattle ran free. When cattle got stolen (exploited) farmers started putting up fences.

Mindark should put a new option in Estate Terminal/event terminals for LAs that gives LA owner option to 'install fence.'

When fence is installed, the area around the LA will be surrounded by an extremely tall fence similar to the 'invisible walls' at server borders, etc. When fences are installed, mobs cannot cross the fences... (also participants cannot enter/exit without a flying vehicle or tp chip, use of teleporter on the LA, etc.).

Fences can be installed permanently by LA owners or just temporarily by event coordinators.

There would still be many bugs i'm sure.. Best thing is make DNA available on land only count for an event. Or make event promotors pick what mob counts for it.

Back