Basic Fruit, Stone, Dung Walking Guide

Status
Mob free

Hey guys,
I`m new to the game started 3 days ago. I was collecting sweat so I could earn some peds then came across this walking guide. Gave it a shot and found a couple of stones fruits. I was walking on the Island where the Amethera HQ is.
It`s a nice island with very few to no mobs that can easily be passed (i guess low aggro radius).
So i`m interested are there any other areas that have no mobs or have only a few mobs that is noob walking friendly :)

Treasure Island Castle S and E side (3 areas) - I only know about these.

Thanks for the info but the problem is i cant get past cape rusla the two legged blobs keep killing me :)

Thanks for the info but the problem is i cant get past cape rusla the two legged blobs keep killing me :)

Use this map. http://www.entropiawiki.com/Location.aspx
Die often. It raises your defense skills.
The server boundaries which are the yellow lines on the map have the fewest amount of mobs.
The shores and lake areas are useful for drowning mobs before they kill you.
Be aware of the areas with populations of Atrox, Hoglo, and Argo. They kill and sometimes leave you in revive areas that are heavily mobbed.

great post. I normally find it while hunting and walking backwards when shooting a mob. Kinda a hidden mindark bonus for me :D

mants

thanks for the guide, i didnt even know about this way of making money xD

I have a question, how do you tell you are in walk mode when underwater?.

Also, where are some good spots on Arkadia? (if known).

i spent 2 hours walking the other night dident find a single stone or piece of shite anywhere lmao!

woohoo!, found rutol. Always looking for the hard to find rutol when it just jumped out at me when I was landing my vtol at a tp. strange thing is i saw It as I was landing and was still in my ship. put my ship away and picked up 21 rutol. p.s. It was solfais crater t.p.:yay:

I haven't had any luck with the walking :(. Are there areas where you shouldn't look for stuff on the ground?

I haven't had any luck with the walking :(. Are there areas where you shouldn't look for stuff on the ground?

I have found that outside of city/outpost zones, stones/fruit can be an many places. It can be just a question of walking about and one of them shows. From Port Atlantis I have seen Fruit/Stones within 100 of the purple zone on the map. Stones may be harder to see in the vegetation than fruit, but they do show up. I normally go wandering about, and there do not have to be mobs in attendance for the stones/fruit to be found. It appears that it is easier to find if walking for sure than running.

Treassure Island is a nice place to look for Fruits and Stones. Switching graphics to low helped me personally a lot. I know other players search with Graphic setting High and also find them.

Two nice finds from yesterday...

kaldon541crop.jpg

brukite385crop.jpg

The Kaldon find is my first single find of 500+ units, and the Brukite find is my biggest single Brukite find so far... :yay: :yay: :yay:

This valks is pain in ass.
It usually ends vith 3+ hours and zero founds.
Even sveating feels like king after zis stupidity.
Fruits and shits anyvay havent any value.
Im never found rutol - its like it is mith.
Other stones - only some finds in vhole my game time.
Of course i didnt mentioned, my luck left me vhole time ago so im novhere getting good finds, claims, loots im left vith hardcore skill.

only by walking can you find fruits stones and dung. they disabled finding fruits and stones while they fixed a bug that allowed you to find naturals while driving valks. walking takes ALOT of patients for it to be rewarding. sometimes you'll find piles of 100+ brukite and other stones, other times 10 or less. don't become frustrated and quit, just press on. another thing you might do if you are just starting out, is buy 100 rookie bombs and some finders. just drop them while you walk. it really makes it less boring.:cool:

Steve Vai--constant walker

Last edited:
Did anyone notice a significant increase of findings lately, mainly fruits? I don't pay much attention usually, never walk and find stuff only when it pops up next to me while I'm staying still shooting a mob, so I rarely find anything more often than once in a month. But in the last 2 weeks I stumble upon fruits almost every 15 minutes. Sometimes it pops up before me while I didn't even move for 10+ minutes being busy chatting :). Some of my socmates have the same experience.

Perhaps the taming is really around the corner and MA wants to get us prepared with food for the pets.

i haven' noticed much change. although my finds the last 2 days have been mostly fruit. i would think that after taming has been gone so long there should be huge amounts of nutrio bars. but hey, you never know.:cool:

Last edited:
i haven' noticed much change. although my finds the last 2 days have been mostly fruit. i would think that after taming has been gone so long there should be huge amounts of nutrio bars. but hey, you never know.:cool:

I have noticed a significant decrease in these finds recently. Have been doing much walking, mining and hunting with nothing in the past few weeks. Usually at least get 1 find per log on or per day.

I think there is an abundance of unused fruits sitting in storages across EU and the system is waiting on the consumption to reintroduce more fruits for balance. I may be wrong but that is my hypothesis.

how much for 1k fruit ?

I did some walking yesterday and the finds were sparse, but did not see it as different from the past. Tho, it feelt like that I had to be closer to fruits to see them. Perhaps I mocked up some settings or similar and did not have time to do some testing about it.

Anyone else noticed this or is my nub brain playing me a trick? :tongue2:

I did some walking yesterday and the finds were sparse, but did not see it as different from the past. Tho, it feelt like that I had to be closer to fruits to see them. Perhaps I mocked up some settings or similar and did not have time to do some testing about it.

Anyone else noticed this or is my nub brain playing me a trick? :tongue2:

You Derid are a curious individual. Normally one graduates from your activities to becoming a regular player. I am not opining on this point, since everyone does their thing online or IRL.

However, I am tempted to give you 2 000 ped or so. What would you do then?

I think there is an abundance of unused fruits sitting in storages across EU and the system is waiting on the consumption to reintroduce more fruits for balance. I may be wrong but that is my hypothesis.

You sir, are correct - and I am guilty of such.

Tho, it feelt like that I had to be closer to fruits to see them.

Doesn´t look so to me, when max zooming out into 3 person view, I did find some fruits nearly at border of screen, so good step away from me.

Stack sizes also look the same from low less than 20 up to 250 all is possible.

Alright... Since I've been doing this for awhile n ow, I thought I'd share what I know and what I think is true.

1. There is no "good area" in the sense of fruit/stones/poo pop up more than other places. They're everywhere. A good area is lots of room to walk, not too many obstacles and no mobs. Flat areas are nice.

2. Five meters. That's the area around you stuff will appear. I've tested it. It's 5 meters. Some folks claim it's been at the edge of their screen, maybe screen resolution has something to do with it, maybe not. Mine is 1920 x 1080. Possibly standing still might give you a bit more range, but it's five meters.

3. You probably miss a third of what's there due to loot lag.

4. The system does a check of your inventory to see what you need the most prior to popping up what you need the least. /tinfoil hat

5. Don't blink. Use trained monkeys to apply eye drops. Humans complain too much and press charges when you collar them and chain them to your desk. Both are prone to flinging poo when angry, but monkeys don't understand litigation.

6. You can still see fruit/stones/poo from inside your vehicle, you just can't be moving. Found 82 Bombardo when I rolled up to where I was going to start my walk... YESTERDAY.

7. Speed kills. Walk, don't run. Not sure if the speed boost from the Robocop (harrier) armor affects this, but anything faster than walking and stuff is a no show.

8. I've had oil pop up underwater on Arkadia. True story, I was teleporting across water with one lay over in the water, when I appeared in the water, oil popped up.

9. It's not impossible, but good God is it difficult to walk in a straight line 0, 90, 180 or 270 heading.

10. Don't give the stuff away, if you know a trader that gives you good prices, good for you, but please don't sell to the jackasses offering 4 PED per K.

Still seems to be the best guide for this, so I'm posting some pics of the new fruit here.

newfruit.jpg

Along with the new fruit graphics seems to have come a ninja nerf to the amount of fruit, rocks or feces you find. It appears that instead of 250 max, it is now 25 max per find.

Status
Back