Reasons to play more than 2 hours a week?

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
So after the recent enigma bullshit has shown again that midnark is just not capable of making a fair loot system.
i mean most of the big drops and high value stuff dropped in the first few hours after a server restart / patch.

is there any reason at all to play more than the first 2 hours after each server restart/patch?
i mean the ubers always say that you need markup to profit longterm but when the big markup items have a 0% dropchance 99% of the time, why even play outside of this 1% window?

the loot system with its hard caps and non chance based fucked up wave loot is just a highly unfair system that needs to be changed.

im also finding it hard to play without sinking in $100 usd minimum per week

hello... are you still in depression mode or what?

If yes, get over it quick, & prepare for the worst.

You only suffering now. There people like me, has been chopped over 40%-70% rate of return since before loot 2.0.
So what is the difference compare to now?

edit post..
So after the recent enigma bullshit has shown again that midnark is just not capable of making a fair loot system.
i mean most of the big drops and high value stuff dropped in the first few hours after a server restart / patch.

is there any reason at all to play more than the first 2 hours after each server restart/patch?
i mean the ubers always say that you need markup to profit longterm but when the big markup items have a 0% dropchance 99% of the time, why even play outside of this 1% window?

the loot system with its hard caps and non chance based fucked up wave loot is just a highly unfair system that needs to be changed.

I mainly see you here on the forum complaining, Do you actually play? :confused:

"Reasons to play more than 2 hours a week?"

Cuz you don't have a real life and you're bored?
Or you're to addicted not to play?
Or, maybe unbelievable to you, but maybe some just actually like to play?

More Reasons to play more than 2 hrs / week

- you provide a service that gives you skill for free or even makes you a profit
- you try to cover your latest losses from hunting/mining/crafting by active trading
- you know some ways to do some free skilling. which always is good
- you are sozial person, just want to be up to date whats going on in EU, without even active playing
- you have a disciple that needs your support (wisdom), what can be offered without active playing yourself

There is surely some more reasons :)

To be honest I never understood those who determined whether they enjoyed the game or not based on TT return. It just sounds like they dont enjoy the game itself so much and are hung up on the PED. No matter how unlucky you are, you'll still get at least 70-80% return in the medium term playing - and if you keep that number in mind you can adjust. Only want to spend 10-20$ a month on the game? Then dont cycle more than 1000 ped a month. Sure we'll all eventually reach "the magic 95%" but that number is so engrained in everyones mind that half the player base is upset if they aren't near it after just a few runs.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something :scratch2:

My personal opinion - the inability to find a reason to play more that 2 hours a week represents a massive failure of imagination on your part - or else you just don't like it, so stop complaining and quit already - if you still play at all. (You Really Never, do you?).

EU is a still giant sandbox at heart - all the other stuff is extra - and some of us don't have any trouble playing and enjoying EU, doing what we like and pursuing our own ends, with all the time we can muster.

Sure the Enigma event was f*cked up, but it's based on stupid book and movie where winning involves not just knowing pointless trivia, but a creepy level of intimate knowledge of the game-master. Seems like the prize dropping shortly after a restart/update falls neatly into that pattern - that's how this game-master plays. It still could have been any number of players in that situation, with or without that knowledge, who won the prize. The outrage was the most predictable aspect of the whole thing. No one had to participate.

Peace, Miles

i think most of you just read the title and not the post. this is about the loot system being faulty and unfair due to server resets / MA changing caps on things to let them drop with them having normally a zero % chance to drop.
its not about the game itself not beign fun (although id argue that shooting punies all day long is less fun than shooting aurli all day long)

maybe read the post and not the title. thanks

i think most of you just read the title and not the post. this is about the loot system being faulty and unfair due to server resets / MA changing caps on things to let them drop with them having normally a zero % chance to drop.
its not about the game itself not beign fun (although id argue that shooting punies all day long is less fun than shooting aurli all day long)

I think most did read your post and already gave an answer.

But your post implies that the only reason people play is the TT return. Which for most is not the reason they play.

What you said here, is the same reason why I whined on loots months ago.
Same reason same thing. Something is very wrong when people like you keep getting average 90%+ above, where I keep getting, evade, evade, evade and no loot.

Well, the furthest they could go in my opinion is restrict some mob spawn to daytime ingame.
Example:
- only spawns at night
- only spawns at dawn
- only spawns at day
- only spawns at dusk
- only spawns from 9-12 MA time

Something like the RT plumatergus had, drops a maximum of 15 diluted mineral extractors per hour or something like that, where you just end up going there, killing for 5 minutes and then wait 55 minutes untill reset, was certainly pretty bad and lame...

When the mob is up it should have all the items up for droping 100% of the time.

When the mob is up it should have all the items up for droping 100% of the time.

Edit: Totally agree!

But that is not the case, and its exactly what OP is pointing to.

Loot come in waves, and when a specific item/resource starts dropping, you will have only a few minutes to grab as much as possible, and then its gone untill next loot wave starts.

There is a lot complaints exactly about that, this thread is just one more.

There is wave riders taking advantage of it, and others that don´t care and some more that don´t know about or don´t understand it if you tell them.

Last edited:
This is interesting reply. Can you elaborate more?

I'd like to see you spreadsheets to elaborate on your returns being that low. I can only imagine that there are less than 500 looting events in it tracked, which is not a viable sample or should even be calculated at all. I have had a very terrible 2018 and my return TT is still 93%. Still -15k peds TT for 2018. Though 40-70%? That would be -300,000-150,000 peds. That just isn't happening, for anyone who has taken a serious sample size.

Sorry for OT, OP.

To get back on topic, I think it's worth grinding, but for average MU you can depend on. If you really do feel that reset is the best time to obtain the items added to the pool, or loot being available, go for it. Though I don't necessarily think it will always work out and you can be a bit more assured about avg MU on stackables and such.

Nope. No reason. What u can do is start playing compets after your 2 hours so when the promised compet integration happens you won't be a n00b in there...

To give an example: during an event (i think its migration) there is an hour where MA changes the cap on an UL mf chip (i think its a VII one but cant remember which one) where it drops several times over. and only in this hour. like nearly ever. its so fucking obious... when you check migration times and rare loot in entropedia you can see it. each time when migration is it happens. it then drops in this one hour 5 to 7 times. this is what pisses me off the most. because it means that the chance to loot an item like that is 0% as long as MA doesnt change the cap. and then u got an hour ot two and then its back to 0%.

To give an example: during an event (i think its migration) there is an hour where MA changes the cap on an UL mf chip (i think its a VII one but cant remember which one) where it drops several times over. and only in this hour. like nearly ever. its so fucking obious... when you check migration times and rare loot in entropedia you can see it. each time when migration is it happens. it then drops in this one hour 5 to 7 times. this is what pisses me off the most. because it means that the chance to loot an item like that is 0% as long as MA doesnt change the cap. and then u got an hour ot two and then its back to 0%.

I think that's the real issue that you're trying to get it, how item drops work in EU. I don't think it's tied to resets necessarily, but it is tied to availability. Whether it's MA increasing availability, items re-gaining availability from closed accounts or what.

I'd like to see you spreadsheets to elaborate on your returns being that low. I can only imagine that there are less than 500 looting events in it tracked, which is not a viable sample or should even be calculated at all. I have had a very terrible 2018 and my return TT is still 93%. Still -15k peds TT for 2018. Though 40-70%? That would be -300,000-150,000 peds. That just isn't happening, for anyone who has taken a serious sample size.

Sorry for OT, OP.

To get back on topic, I think it's worth grinding, but for average MU you can depend on. If you really do feel that reset is the best time to obtain the items added to the pool, or loot being available, go for it. Though I don't necessarily think it will always work out and you can be a bit more assured about avg MU on stackables and such.

I am soooo envy of you.
No worries. Not going to be rude to you. But just this, I would said :-
Ooooooooh now I understand where you coming from. A mathematician, a theorist with bankroll management.

Sorry, I won't/don't need to show my spreadsheet to you. If you think I don't have, then you are being over-confident. :silly2:

why didnt you give the thread a correct title?

"Please MA fix the wave loot."

That would have made your point a lot easier to catch ;)

why didnt you give the thread a correct title?

"Please MA fix the wave loot."

That would have made your point a lot easier to catch ;)

Your advice is taken & accepted. :silly2:

I am soooo envy of you.
No worries. Not going to be rude to you. But just this, I would said :-
Ooooooooh now I understand where you coming from. A mathematician, a theorist with bankroll management.

Sorry, I won't/don't need to show my spreadsheet to you. If you think I don't have, then you are being over-confident. :silly2:

No the 93% and -15k for this year is not a theory, that is actual hunting returns for 2018. I think you should ticket in regarding your returns being 40-70% and MA can clarify for you.

No the 93% and -15k for this year is not a theory, that is actual hunting returns for 2018. I think you should ticket in regarding your returns being 40-70% and MA can clarify for you.

And that's your final advice. Are you serious? submitting a ticket? :laugh:

P/S: Are you waiting for my ticket? :silly2:

Last edited:
Back