Information notice regarding the Summer Mayhem event

The spawn rate of the Mulmun Ascended was corrected in the recent update. This is an intended change.

Wasn't the error which was reported , a timer issue ?

Why make changes to the spawn rates instead of just fixing the timer issue ?

Why change the drop rates of boxes ?

Why change the drop rate of outputs ?

I was enjoying the Mayhem practice , but now its a bust , back to sweating.

The spawn rate of the Mulmun Ascended was corrected in the recent update. This is an intended change.

If no one asked, you (MA) wouldn't even inform players about that change, right? So, so, shady...

Thank you for clarifying. :tiphat:

You were about to restart Summer Mayhem and did not announce any changes. Ppl will come forward to prevent another mess if something seems wrong.

Now. Did a complete practice instance, all 5 hours of it. Inbetween running around to single mobs out and not getting swarmed (which tends to be unhealthy), repairing, and taking a leak I managed about 65-70 kills per hour. Boss mob spawned once about halfway in, so probably 150 kills now needed for that. However, did not get a second Ascended Mulmun before the 5 hours were over. Looted one box from Ascended, got another one after 4 hours 55 mins. So, two boxes in 5 hours. Also looted five OA comps and a couple of tokens.

Not been frustrated before, definitely being frustrated now. Great changes, and not even announced. Whoa, wtg! :eyecrazy:

And what a brilliant way to persuade ppl to play EU during the upcoming weeks of World Cup football. :yay:

As far as I can tell, boxes loot per amount of ped cycled. So maybe 1 in 100 peds cycled give or take.

If boxes were easy to get, they'd have no MU. Then people can have more things to complain about.

As far as I can tell, boxes loot per amount of ped cycled. So maybe 1 in 100 peds cycled give or take.

If boxes were easy to get, they'd have no MU. Then people can have more things to complain about.

The point was that non-shrap l00t has been severely cut with the update from yesterday.

:wise:

The point was that non-shrap l00t has been severely cut with the update from yesterday.

:wise:

Besides the boss spawning more rarely, I'm not seeing any change in my non-shrap loot. But then again, I'm not only farming the boss. If you were just farming the boss then yes I guess you can't do that anymore.

Besides the boss spawning more rarely, I'm not seeing any change in my non-shrap loot. But then again, I'm not only farming the boss. If you were just farming the boss then yes I guess you can't do that anymore.

Wtf are you talking about.

so you are saying that everyone who did the event before it got taken down again has a huge advantage because they could get a lot more ascended with safe 250 points than everyone else? well done.

guess they got to hold back the amount of boxes dropping since the event essentially just got extended in time, at least as far as the practice mode farming goes. Oh well, glad I got my 5 boxes opened. Nothing glorious in there... think I'll go back to regular boxes for a while.

I still think they should either put keys in the loot or alternatively make one key at a time be able to be purchased through webshop or in game vendor or trade terminal one at a time instead of 5 at a time only (perhaps use the lock pick npc on rocktropia since he got the povr boxes opened for us... smugglers on Arkadia would work too... perhaps the crazy npc guys on Calypso related to book of machine mission)

Last edited:

No boss farming going on. I actually thought I could do without them since there were plenty boxes & tokens dropping as it was.

Can you clarify please? Are you in the proper instances since yesterday? Were you one of those people who had scores rest & ped lost due to MAs clusterfuck approach to this event?

I kept doing practice mode. (mostly cat t7 but tried 5 as well)

My first thought when seeing that strongbox drop rate has been cut & tt returns went south was that may be it's MA confusing compensation & redistribution again.

Will give it another go after work. If returns n drop rates stay this shit then i'm done with this event.

I did not understand the boss every 30 mins. if everyone shoots for 20hrs and boss always spawns every 30 mins, everyone gets the same 9750 pts. (20hrs * 2mobs per hr * 250pts)there is no gain or loss for anyone. rendering this completely pointless except for inflating scores.

Well I think I do understand the reason behind it. It would make the event a bit more random. The Plan was that all would be able to get the same points from boss. (9750 pts. like you wrote) And that dps and luck (bigger factor) decide over the other points.
Now with spawn after kills Player A will get 5k pts. while Player B will get 10k+ pts from bosses alone. So even with luck Player A is mostly out of competition.

Yeah, now it makes sense :)

It totaly made sense for me for the time based spawn. More competition possible, without renting top gear that suites perfect for the category in need.
Sure they could also remove the bosses at all, but they might wanted to keap ppl away from jumping in for 5 min. in the cats during the non existing waves.

But it seems that they are unable at the current state to implement the time based spawn.

I haven't noticed any change in drop rate boxes, tokens or outputs, and I've cycled 100k. TT return has taken a dive though.

I spent the full 5 hrs in Cat 3 until it kicked me last night. Everyone seems to be missing the most important point...

The OFFICIAL RULES and EVENT DESCRIPTION @ https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/summer-mayhem-2018/ clearly state:

"A random number of points (1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, or 5000) is automatically awarded after defeating one of the event instance mutants."

The above description says we should expect a MINIMUM of 1 point per kill. Not zero points. 1 point per kill minimum.

I am NOT complaining about not getting points. I AM complaining that the event description is wrong. It is the official event page posted on the "World Wide Web" for the entire world to see, and FFS it is not correct!!! They cannot even get the event description right, no wonder they have so much trouble getting the event itself to even work at all.

My 2 cents... Over and out.

I spent the full 5 hrs in Cat 3 until it kicked me last night. Everyone seems to be missing the most important point...

The OFFICIAL RULES and EVENT DESCRIPTION @ https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/summer-mayhem-2018/ clearly state:

"A random number of points (1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, or 5000) is automatically awarded after defeating one of the event instance mutants."

The above description says we should expect a MINIMUM of 1 point per kill. Not zero points. 1 point per kill minimum.

I am NOT complaining about not getting points. I AM complaining that the event description is wrong. It is the official event page posted on the "World Wide Web" for the entire world to see, and FFS it is not correct!!! They cannot even get the event description right, no wonder they have so much trouble getting the event itself to even work at all.

My 2 cents... Over and out.

yes, many many 0 points. :(

Until when is the event running?

Ty for reply.

There is not stated that will be a minimum of points, only awarded and how much.

I know.

I just said I had many many 0's.
after 9 hours just a meager 1750 points.
That's quite useless and doesnt motivate me to do the other 11 hours.

Im done, I'll not attend any more events unless they test them out THOROUGHLY first...

I bet there will be another reset at next event, or glitch that players use to gain advantage...
So spending those expensive pills, and effort into something that wont result in anything, or borrowing items to participate is just another drain in the Entropia Universe...

I like being in events/contest, but they should be fair!

The only point of the event is to distribute summer strongboxes so they can sell keys from the webshop. So long as the boxes are being looted, MA couldn't care less about fairness of the event. The points are randomized by some unknown formula. It's not a skill contest, it's a "how much can you spend" contest. By the time I get my 20 hrs in, I'll have, at least, another 100 boxes that will have to wait to be opened because it takes more than PED to open them. (and no, i am not going to sell them)

Back