Gold Card Announcement

I couldn't get the app to download on my phone. It's a bit old, though. Am I doing something wrong?

old-phone.jpg

not recommended OS upgrade! Try the legendary "5" factor authentication instead :laugh:

telephone-operators-350-431.jpg

PS. *You need a basement for the installation

not recommended OS upgrade! Try the legendary "5" factor authentication instead :laugh:

telephone-operators-350-431.jpg

PS. *You need a basement for the installation

Is this a pic of the new team for the new security system in MA office?

Why are you insisting with this subject?

It is not worth it for the >0,1%. 0.1% is no one's target.

As a web developer I don't give a single fuck about Win phones on responsive. Wanna know why? Because facts and numbers:
jVfKAFa.png

I am sorry for owners of win phones, but, they made a bad decision, really, IF they want to have support for apps.
If you want to feel special and fabulous or something, go ahead, but IMO supporting Win phones is not worth a company's money even if it's 1hour job for a single person giving analytics figures like the ones above.
The batch above is very recent and it's not from a gaming site or a tech site. It's from one of the biggest cosmetics companies so the users are not tech-savy at all.

Happy now? - I'm jk, you will most likely insist with this shit for months. Logic misses you too, sometimes...

Android = 54.16% 1.3 billion (54%)
IOS = 12.37% 297 million (12.3%)
Window = 11.79% 283 million (11.7%)
others = 21.66% ~520 million (21.6%)

This is from wiki about worldwide using of the different OS.

So why get IOS supported, if there is near same users as on window?

I just don't want any android nor ios system in my home and also game studio and office, and i also let me not force trough a company to use one of those systems.

I will remove my GC system ,and then pay out every 1k ped i make plus. The only choice i have left. I also don't want use emulators on my window system.

If you all have android or ios, just fine for you all, but why you can't accept others opinion, why they don't want use ios or android or emulators to play eu.
So for me, this is forcing me to remove the GC without an other security system.

Less security will force me to withraw some peds, so im not to rich, if i may get hacked. So less ped in game too, at end.

So, now call this how you want, it is only my opinion about this BS.

I will remove my GC system ,and then pay out every 1k ped i make plus. The only choice i have left. I also don't want use emulators on my window system.

It's not the only choice you have.
It's the only decision you want to make.
BIG difference!

The more principals you have, the more limited your life will be.

I just don't want any android nor ios system in my home and also game studio and office, and i also let me not force trough a company to use one of those systems.

If you all have android or ios, just fine for you all, but why you can't accept others opinion, why they don't want use ios or android or emulators to play eu.
So for me, this is forcing me to remove the GC without an other security system.

Less security will force me to withraw some peds, so im not to rich, if i may get hacked. So less ped in game too, at end.

So, now call this how you want, it is only my opinion about this BS.

You know, it would probably be pretty easy to find a cheap or free used android device at a market or online or a friend has an old one they no longer use, and just use that offline to make log in codes. Alternatives are so easy and available I have trouble having sympathy for those who feel very put out by this.

I don´t WANT it too, but with shutdown of GC its the only option to have a 2FA security for my EU account.

So after complaining alot and reading all that 30+ pages in this thread, I finally did a little search and asked the right questions.

You can buy a brand new kids tablet android based, without I-Net access for 20 €, which is the same price than GC system. A used tablet from local second hand shop, maybe even cheaper.
The .apx file you need to install the app on a tool without I-Net, wi-fi is free to download.

Where is the problem?

The tablet that really can´t get hacked, as it is not connected to anything, is as safe as the GC+reader, and its the same cost.

You don´t need a smartphone.

Other options also mentioned in this thread, could do the job aswell.

i think to remember someone said EU also supports google and microsoft authenticator, but i wasn't able to find any options to enable this. would appreciate some more details, because for pretty sure i won't use mindark's app, simple as that.

they didn't even code it themselves, its neither open source nor well documented, their so called universe news are only calypso all the time, and to be honest, i don't really trust both their own and their partners coding skills and quality. they sometimes can't even code game warning messages correctly and also lack in maths skills too often, in my very humble opinion.

(support case about 90% monthly markup auction warning message is sent, was a good occasion. couldn't be bothered to care until right meow, why oh why i wonder? is it a coding mayhem ever since?)

:computer:

You make no sense and I knew you won't let this go.
The numbers you are showing there, are bullshit, because the windows market share, usage, includes desktop as well and that says a lot. MA has no reason to make the Pocket APP for windows. It's a POCKET app, meant to go on your smartphone, detached from your PC where you play EU.

I was referring to smartphones that use Windows, like Nokia for example, and their percentage among users. Which is below sea levels, as you can easily see on gs.statcounter.com
03CDkeo.png

lMLdbfu.png

It's really really simple. The app doesn't make money for the company so there is no reason to justify the cost for supporting 1%.

Well, it looks like they are going ahead with this.

Fine.

My account is protected till the end of September anyway, and after that I'll have a 300 character password.

For everyone moving to Entropia Pocket, I hope you dont get a visit from Selina.

'The manufacturer clearly explained is uncrackable...'

I can Crack it! Just give me an A-10 and I'll crack anything!

'The manufacturer clearly explained is uncrackable...'

Show me smothing that is Uncrackable and I'll show you something that will definitely shoot holes in that theory.. and here it comes now!

Now imagine a small device in that car with an android app onit.. it's toast now!

(That's what you get when you shoot 30 Millimeter milk bottle sized round of depleted uranium does to a car.. You can imagine what it will do to any phone!

So yeah it's untraceable alright.. about as Untraceable until you get a big enough nut cracker! But hey the manufacturer said it was untraceable right? Well with an A-10 Warthog, you can crack anything!

(Sgt.) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Marines,,
A.K.A. "The Blind Sniper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot"

Show me smothing that is Uncrackable and I'll show you something that will definitely shoot holes in that theory.. and here it comes now!

Now imagine a small device in that car with an android app onit.. it's toast now!

(That's what you get when you shoot 30 Millimeter milk bottle sized round of depleted uranium does to a car.. You can imagine what it will do to any phone!

"

he messed the car up alright, but he missed the phone :wise:

Gold card

Hi all

Having problem with my gold card.
Do not have a mobile phone and no plans on getting one.
I reported it 2 days ago and took 1.75 days to reply and then all they say is they need photo ID and a bunch of other stuff to verify who i am lol so i send in any photo as they never seen me before who do they know who the hell a photo is?

Guess they loose my custom till they decide to delete the gold card system September. Just in time for me to miss the migration :(

Fu ck MA Hope they all go to hell and burn baby burn.

You know, it would probably be pretty easy to find a cheap or free used android device at a market or online or a friend has an old one they no longer use, and just use that offline to make log in codes. Alternatives are so easy and available I have trouble having sympathy for those who feel very put out by this.

Cheese, is it that hard to understand, that i dont want Ios nor android. And, i dont want be forced by a company to buy any of those!

Hi all

I reported it 2 days ago and took 1.75 days to reply and then all they say is they need photo ID and a bunch of other stuff to verify who i am lol so i send in any photo as they never seen me before who do they know who the hell a photo is?

Guess they loose my custom till they decide to delete the gold card system September. Just in time for me to miss the migration :(

I think you're probably going to have to jump through some hoops to get your account unlocked.

They're asking people to migrate themselves it might be interesting if they would say what's going to happen to people that don't deactivate gold cards or activate pocket by that time.

Maybe they will though, it's MA.

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Have been using the GC for years without a hitch.

I'm one of those poor buggers with a Windows Phone.

Brilliant for work and photos, everything else.... doesn't really matter.

So, I've tried the emulation route - Memu, great bit of software, loads up Entropia Pocket quick-smart.

QR code to initialise.... :banghead:

Any suggestions?

Have been using the GC for years without a hitch.

I'm one of those poor buggers with a Windows Phone.

Brilliant for work and photos, everything else.... doesn't really matter.

So, I've tried the emulation route - Memu, great bit of software, loads up Entropia Pocket quick-smart.

QR code to initialise.... :banghead:

Any suggestions?

Do you load Memu onto the phone or onto the computer?

Do you load Memu onto the phone or onto the computer?

Emulator is on a laptop. Don't think it installs on a WinPhone.

This is new territory for me so open to suggestions.

Hi all

...and the whining goes on and on and on...

"Having problem with my gold card."

well, then get the freaking pocket app!
Many solutions given to solve this. Read the thread and stop whining.
For 20$ you will get a new "card reader".

And if you just to damn stubborn and dont want to adept, well, to bad, hate to see you leave, but dont blame others for your choice of being so damn stubborn!

Cheese, is it that hard to understand, that i dont want Ios nor android. And, i dont want be forced by a company to buy any of those!

Ok, lets turn it around.

Jeez, is it so hard to understand that MA doesnt want win phones?
And MA doesnt want to be forced by you to arrange that especially for you.

I personally find this attitude a bit arrogant.
As if the world revolves about you?

You want to play this game. You want to use MA's services.
Well, then accept their rules.

If you cant accept, to bad, hate to see a good player leave, but if you just refuse to take that 1 little step, well, then it's 100% your choice!

You all make it seem that MA makes it impossible for you to continue.

Get out of those freaking bubbbles you all live in!

Problem solved

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/

But perhaps you don't want to be "forced" to use an emulator as well

Guess what..

Don't use that service then.

It is up to you... I use a £30 phone with android support for shit at home, it ain't my main phone but it still works with entropia pocket... get yourself one of those if you value your account over £30 lol

Making this whole deal into a problem of "being forced", "i dont want to", "this is silly" is getting old... Move on with the times please.. or don't... Ciao bella

Problem solved

Guess what..

It is up to you... I use a £30 phone with android support for shit at home, it ain't my main phone but it still works with entropia pocket... get yourself one of those if you value your account over £30 lol

Making this whole deal into a problem of "being forced", "i dont want to", "this is silly" is getting old... Move on with the times please.. or don't... Ciao bella

Dunno if its only from my side....but my AVAST anti-virus programm stopped the loading of the website because its infected with a trojan...

...and the whining goes on and on and on...

"Having problem with my gold card."

well, then get the freaking pocket app!
Many solutions given to solve this. Read the thread and stop whining.
For 20$ you will get a new "card reader".

And if you just to damn stubborn and dont want to adept, well, to bad, hate to see you leave, but dont blame others for your choice of being so damn stubborn!

It takes two Me and MA both stubborn and unwilling to change.

No, you're just being stubborn.
MA is just being wise to not waste money on useless technology on window phones.

Big difference.

Let me tell you the outcome:
You will lose this fight.
Adept or die.
In your stubborn case, it's just to die.

Would hate to see anyone leave the game over such a non issue. But it will be your own decision.

Now, put your principals aside and go on!

You could also ask your bank to keep paper tan lists for online banking just for you and a few 100 people that don´t trust photo tan systems, which is actually the standard. (at least where I live)
I don´t think they will listen to you.

The difference: my bank provided the device (photo tan generator) for 10 € as I don´t want to use a smartphone app, which is available, too.

Problem solved

Guess what..

I've seen people suggesting emulators.... might also suggest a way of scanning the QR code to link the app with the game account, if they still insist on that silly solution :D

My account is protected till the end of September anyway, and after that I'll have a 300 character password.
With umlauts. Oops...

I liked my gold card and don't mind changing to the pocket authentication system.

With that said has MA ever come up with a system where you can recover your account without sending 150 certified documents to them to prove your existence, basically sending them every detail of info so they can basically hijack your life if they wanted?

I don't mind proving who I am but come on do they need front back of drivers license scan of everything in your passport, your entire job history, all your pet names from when you were a kid, your parents maiden names, thier parents etc back until humans never had maiden names, etc you get the point.

If one of these systems fail why can't they just remove your 2fa and verify you through your personal email with out all this sensitive information having to be sent to them? I always keep on hand the next 5 codes with gold card, just so I have rescue to not have to send personal info to them to get back into my account. Can there be something similar with the pocket authenticator? It sucks I have experienced complete lockouts of an account with Google Authenticator before, good thing the companies allowed me to validate through email to disable 2fa and could reset it up. I really don't like MA policy to send so many documents of proof of who you are, some info can be checked by them why do they need scans of my entire life history?

I don't mind proving who I am but come on do they need front back of drivers license scan of everything in your passport, your entire job history, all your pet names from when you were a kid, your parents maiden names, thier parents etc back until humans never had maiden names, etc you get the point.

???

Only thing they ever wanted from me was a copy of my passport or driver licence.

That doesn´t hold that much personal data, you claim they want to know.

That will not help if hacker successful sent you a unnoticed trojan, which captures and reports your login and password to the hacker.

Thats why I want to have 2FA security!

Back