Be Careful Dealing With Avatar

crazyqpp

Alpha
Society
Noodles
ali tayyab crazy
Hello Good People.

Many of you know i rent gear on events and sometimes for "Dim Dimod Simon" to complete his Iron Missions.

Even though many times gear is used by him i make the trades as he is not online as much and the owner has access to his gear whenever he/she wants it back.

I rented Predator M83 Tier 10 from "Avatar" on 23 Nov 2017. I was clear on deal that in no condition i will be purchasing the weapon and it is for only rental purposes. We agreed on a collatoral and i paid the first months rent in advance and rented the gun for 30 days only.

A week later i saw that avatar selling skills in BULK. As in whole avatar chip out. I was concerned and asked if he was leaving the game. On which he confirmed he was not and will be offline for a couple weeks.

I asked for a contact number to reach him when i had to return the item or rent it for another month.

He gave me a number and later on it was disconnected.

I tried to reach him in game. Left him several messages. Tried the given contact several times but could not reach him.

Without mentioning his name i talked to a friend about the issue and he said i should try to reach him here on PCF. As many ppl who are on break still like to read forums to stay updated with stuff.

It took me a while to find him here as i still dont know how to search people here with their in game avatar name.

After a couple hour i did find his thread and left him a message that i have been trying to reach him.

I did not get any response here either.

Than we decided to market the weapon and cut our loss. I did mention that to him and told him i will be posting a sales thread in coming weeks if he wont respond to me.

Still no reply. After couple weeks i listed the item here on forums. We did not get the price we were looking for and decided to delay the sale and keep it instead of selling so low.

Yesterday i saw him global on eomons. I tried to reach him in game but he was ignoring me. I than asked a few friends to send him message to reply to me. After which he replied. I asked him where he was and why he did not reply to me and why his contact number doesnt work anymore.

He denied giving me any contact number.

After that i asked him where can we meet to trade.

He said he is not intrested.

No more replys after. Probably on ignore again. He also unfriended the people who asked him to reply to me.

I have screenshot of Trade. With chat clearly stating the weapon is for 30 days for rental purpose only. collatoral and everything. Also messages i left him and of chat when he gave me the number to contact him.

I need to know if i can public his name here.

You can ask me in pm in game.

P.s : How do i make an advertisement in Game ? On those screens in outposts and towns ?

Ad Screen terminal, found in a few places, Twins balcony comes to mind.

No, that type of thing is not allowed to keep the forums civil.
2.6 - Private Communication
2.13 - Scamming Accusation

I would recommend contacting support, if such an agreement was clear in the chat logs between you and the avatar in question they may be willing to help resolve the case, they have assisted in some similar situations in the past.

Hopefully a resolution can be reached, good luck.

Hello Ali,

Sry to hear about this..yes trust has always been a big number here in Eu....

edited bec misreading

You said it yourself...."he isnt interested in a trade anymore" ....and since a rental system isnt here in eu...and this is/was built on trust only....

edited bec misreading

sry to say all those things....you can try to make a support case...but dont get high believes on this..since all trades are final...

Good luck,
Eddie

Last edited:
I don't know why people keep using the forums for this kind of things, what do you expect the community to do? and you can't even publish his name. We have no power here, and most of the time a thread like this is used by the other guy as an excuse to not reach an agreement.

That said, here is what I think you should do:
  1. Contact support immediately, supply them with any screenshot where the agreement is made explicit by both parties.
  2. Remember to supply them with as accurate a time (ingame time, MA time) as you can, this will help them A LOT to find the trade in the game logs.
  3. Be polite and be patient, investigations take a while for a very good reason.
  4. Some times both accounts are locked during the investigation, not always though. This is to avoid the affected items be traded back and forth, or sold, or destroyed, or the PED withdrawn, etc...

I think that, if anything, this falls under EULA Section 8, Paragraph 7:

8. Rules of Conduct for the Entropia Universe
7. You may not use the Entropia Universe to engage in any misleading or deceptive activity.

But, as always, the EULA is not divine law so it is NOT absolute and can be interpreted. Other terms might apply, I do not have enough time right now...

Anyway, I honestly think they will be able to help and get this sorted out for you judging by the huge amount of PED involved. Do not engage with said person again unless it is to exchange the item for your collateral (and/or whatever other agreement you reached)

You should have done this months ago, imho.

PS: Sorry for typos, in a hurry

Hello Ali,

Sry to hear about this..yes trust has always been a big number here in Eu....

but as i read this....terminator worth 400k ped? ....and since loot 2.0 many things changed....this weapon isnt as useful as it was in past....so price is dropping....

and sadly for some ppl 40 k Dollar or the thinking of losing 20k of it may change their minds...in this high class not impossible..

You said it yourself...."he isnt interested in a trade anymore" ....and since a rental system isnt here in eu...and this is/was built on trust only....

And you dont know either if he has still the money on his card.....he might pressed the payout button asap....

sry to say all those things....you can try to make a support case...but dont get high believes on this..since all trades are final...

Good luck,
Eddie

What are you talking about? You drunk or high?

What has Terminator do with this thread? What has Terminator to do with loot 2.0?

Why do you post complete nonsense while it's obvious you don''t even understand? You should be banned solely on this troll post.

ye my bad...i mischanged it with terminator...saw the predator...

but the rest still applies....price was way higher in past then it is now...he wanted to have his full peds

+Edit..THANK you for -REP NPV... you seem a perfect person...not that you also do a misreading ever ...

one thing i can say , sorry to hear that also he cant aim at all :laugh:

I don't know why people keep using the forums for this kind of things, what do you expect the community to do?

really ? I dont expect you to do anything other than BE FKING CAREFUL in future if you bum into that guy. The whole idea of making such threads is to save others from being scammed by a single person.

I did contact support. I did tell them i have complete chat log even trade time narrowed down to 30 sec window to help them investigate if they wish to do that. But they said they wont do anything and i should file a online theft case and provided me with some link.

i also recorded video but i have misplaced the file and didnt bother to look for it when support didnt agree to consider helping us out.

I know it was a trust deal and risk was all mine. I do not blame anyone for not helping us out. But i will tell the avatar name to anyone that wishes to know.

P.s : I tried to make add on terminal at nymphtown and got error only estate owner could do it. I thought all players could make adds ?

one thing i can say , sorry to hear that also he cant aim at all :laugh:

Yes i know. I watched the video. He did hit you once in 15 min. Side effects of using next target and mod medic at back.

I did contact support. I did tell them i have complete chat log even trade time narrowed down to 30 sec window to help them investigate if they wish to do that. But they said they wont do anything and i should file a online theft case and provided me with some link.

This is the correct way, and unfortunately this is not understood by many because whenever this type of thing is hitting the forums, the expectation is implied that MindArk play police, judge and executioner just because they technically could. It doesn't help that there have been precedents, but it really puts them in a very uncomfortable position where something which seems morally right is not actually proper. You really need to file the case with police, and then MA will cooperate with the investigation and comply with the ruling of a judge. Follow the directions they gave you to initiate the process. It is totally understandable that this is inconvenient, much more so across borders, and success not guaranteed. You'll have any amount of support if you ask for help with achieving that, but pressuring for the wrong way will get you a mixed bag of reactions at best.

really ? I dont expect you to do anything other than BE FKING CAREFUL in future if you bum into that guy. The whole idea of making such threads is to save others from being scammed by a single person.

Careful with whom? you can't even publish the name. And if you use this thread to PM the name to everyone it will be locked too. I stand by what I said, these things are better kept between you, the other idiot and MindArk.

I gave honest advice from my point of view, sorry you took it so hard.

Good luck.

nvm im a sleeepyhead

Last edited:
Do pm the name of the person. However not sure if it will make any sense since he is already chipped out and probably withdrawn the amount and will leave the game soon.

This is the correct way, and unfortunately this is not understood by many because whenever this type of thing is hitting the forums, the expectation is implied that MindArk play police, judge and executioner just because they technically could. It doesn't help that there have been precedents, but it really puts them in a very uncomfortable position where something which seems morally right is not actually proper. You really need to file the case with police, and then MA will cooperate with the investigation and comply with the ruling of a judge. Follow the directions they gave you to initiate the process. It is totally understandable that this is inconvenient, much more so across borders, and success not guaranteed. You'll have any amount of support if you ask for help with achieving that, but pressuring for the wrong way will get you a mixed bag of reactions at best.

I never pressured anyone. I did thank support for providing me with the link. I am not mad nor blame MA for not playing police. I never expected them to do that either but i wanted to make sure i made them aware of what had happened in-case same case appears in future. As i said i rent gear alot "always with collatoral" i just wanted to put it out their before that douche trys to spin the story around or trys to do same with someone else.

Do pm the name of the person. However not sure if it will make any sense since he is already chipped out and probably withdrawn the amount and will leave the game soon.

I hope he does.. EU will be a better place without him for sure :)

Careful with whom? you can't even publish the name. And if you use this thread to PM the name to everyone it will be locked too. I stand by what I said, these things are better kept between you, the other idiot and MindArk.

I gave honest advice from my point of view, sorry you took it so hard.

Good luck.

Most of my Friends Know. Most of their friends know by now. Many people i don't know asked and they know as well. I cant publish here. It takes a bit of time to reply to all messages but i don't mind.

Due Dilligence - sold avatars - poison in the game!

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Do your homework on an avatar before you agree a deal and always be careful when handing over peds in advance of a trade.

Where does trust start .... usually with the reputation that has been built up by a player playing a certain avatar.

Where does trust stop..... when the person playing the avatar is not the person who has built up its reputation.

Sold avatars are poison in the game..... and the accounts should be locked by MA!

I see a post on the selling forum atm by a well know avatar selling a top mayhem prize..... this avatar is not the original owner..... draw from that as you wish!!!

Agreed, MA needs to drop ESI an order of magnitude more to make chipping out easier and then announce they'll start banning any avatars bring played by anyone other than the original owner.

thing is avatars started selling in 2004-2005 so they are only to blame

Over the years everyone got a problem :) but the real problem of the game are BOTS

Do your homework on an avatar before you agree a deal and always be careful when handing over peds in advance of a trade.

Where does trust start .... usually with the reputation that has been built up by a player playing a certain avatar.

Where does trust stop..... when the person playing the avatar is not the person who has built up its reputation.

Sold avatars are poison in the game..... and the accounts should be locked by MA!

I see a post on the selling forum atm by a well know avatar selling a top mayhem prize..... this avatar is not the original owner..... draw from that as you wish!!!
All good but how do you do that exactly. When you've been around for years you scoop up names over time, but when you're fairly new you have almost zero evidence, both to the positive or negative. Which means you shouldn't do any trades of significant value before, say, 10 years in game. This isn't congruent with its RCE aspect being touted. It's true that too many people are careless but very little is available in terms of effective tools to avoid it. It's like asking the pope for advice what to do about the risk of STD's, and when you don't like his obvious answer you go "f*ck it"...

Well...

If someone is "not online much" anymore (a.k.a. in process of selling out), it's only obvious that they wouldn't attach much importance to "reputation" and hence entering any sort of a complex deal with them carries substantial (and probably unacceptable) risk.

It sucks but it's a fact of life.

hi

I never pressured anyone. I did thank support for providing me with the link. I am not mad nor blame MA for not playing police. I never expected them to do that either but i wanted to make sure i made them aware of what had happened in-case same case appears in future. As i said i rent gear alot "always with collatoral" i just wanted to put it out their before that douche trys to spin the story around or trys to do same with someone else.

ola., ma DO play police https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290326-Please-Help-120k-peds-Mistake!

you need to make new support caesy saying you was very drunk (you was) and ask them to lock the guys account. gove them the link above . rules for all huh:dunce::lolup::scratch2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe the owner of the avatar sold the avatar and the person you are trying to contact now is a completely different person who dont want any contact?

a good way for the guy that got more than it was worth bad for the one that got stuck whit the gun

in my mind paying the price of the gun what ever you trade for the loan think of it this one its maybe the final trade

you trade more than it wort goes both way not much you can do after

Ad Screen terminal, found in a few places, Twins balcony comes to mind.

No, that type of thing is not allowed to keep the forums civil.

I've seen "looking for" threads being left in Place, mainly for auctions gone wrong, so I guess if the text is civil and just contains the bare info (no bad Words), it's probably ok. But Before doing so, try to find person ingame (ask old socmates, if possible, etc).

On the other hand, if the original deal was back in 2017 it's probably too late to claim to reverse it.

Edit: Sorry, saw now you were a moderator.

To post on ad screens you can use ad terminals in places like Twin Peaks; however to use one you need to be carrying an estate deed (eg apartment deed). (If you have deed in a container or in storage, you need to move it to visible part of your carried inventory Before you try to activate the ad terminal.)

Is a player allowed to make an Ad Screen message that accuses someone of scamming or cheating or something to that effect?

Well...

If someone is "not online much" anymore (a.k.a. in process of selling out), it's only obvious that they wouldn't attach much importance to "reputation" and hence entering any sort of a complex deal with them carries substantial (and probably unacceptable) risk.

It sucks but it's a fact of life.

Ready my first post again :)

I noticed he was selling out big amount of skills a week after we had done the trade.

he made rental for the equipment upfront whit cost of the item but he was selling instead

Back