Entropia Mardi Gras 2019: Crewe Of Lootius

happy_hipster

Guardian
Jack Hipster Kimble
http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/crewe-of-lootius-ball-entropia-mardi-gras-2019.14927/

Entropia Mardi Gras 2019
Crewe of Lootius: Arkadia​

Ever Been To Mardi Gras? Here is your chance to not only participate in The Universe's first ever Mardi Gras Parade, but to be crowned KING of the 2020 Entropia Mardi Gras!!!

Only 100 tickets will be sold to get your chance to lead the parade past the population centers, stables, and shops of Arkadia, throwing free stuff to participants.

Fun for both participants and spectators, Mardi Gras is a great time to have fun as a group and spur growth in our community.

So bring you masks, wear your costumes, fuel up your vehicles and take the party to the streets!

Mardi Gras is coming!

Please respond here with your comments, questions, suggested ticket prices and sponsorship offers to this event.

Full Post

Jack Hipster Kimble ingame​​

Last edited:
Will there be BOOBS ?

Free Ticket to Each Society

I am offering a free ticket to the Crewe of Lootius Ball to every society who asks for one before the event goes on the board. Please choose someone to attend the party that is dependable, honest and trustworthy enough to pass out throws during the parade. The Ball is not the parade. The Parade comes later.

Tickets Now Available

You can now register for the event in the Event Queue. Please refer to OP for details.

sounds extremely stupid. favouritism isn't an event :laugh:

Thanks For your input

sounds extremely stupid. favouritism isn't an event :laugh:

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Favoritism. I just want to bring the joy of Mardi Gras to EU. Im sorry you have a problem with it. Maybe someone will have fun. I guess that is stupid. The ball isn't about favoritism, its about finding interested, and maybe interesting people who can be trusted to not cut and run with the throws. There may be a better way to do it, but Im all on my own here. Sure, many people have given me stuff to use as throws, but then what? Really, stupid or not, it is all on me, and pass or fail, I feel I'm really handling it awesomely. And it has been very entertaining and educating for me into parts of the game I never played with.

Anyhow, even though you suck, thanks.

-hip

Hipster you are to be congratulated for all the work you are doing organising this event.

All players who put heaps of blood, sweat & tears into events, which are for the benefit & entertainment of all players,

are champions. Thank you :)

Crowning of the Mardi Gras King 2020

Subject to change, please refer to OP

Crowning of the Mardi Gras King 2020
Put your money where your mouth is!

March 2nd 2019
Aakas Island
Ticket Price 20p

Purchase of tickets will allow access to reserved throws
after the Parade at the Event Area.

Reserved throws include:
Mardi Gras Clothing
Chips
Weapons
Armor Parts
Tools

Event Prize:
10% of Ticket sales or a [Leoi Shock Dagger], whichever is the lesser

Event Prize Will be held by the previous year's King to be bestowed personally.
The value of the prize will not exceed 10% of ticket sales

All proceeds to pay for the costs of events, throws, and prizes​

Last edited:
Parade Route Announced

And tickets are on sale. Please check the OP on Ark Forum for details.

If you can't find anything to wear, come naked!

Response has been amazingly incredible! Mardi Gras colors are Nusul, Hornet, and Carabok, and I now have masks for sale. Please see the OP for all the details.

Discouraging Channel

If you have joined the #space_travel channel, please remove yourself.

They have made it clear that they do not want our traffic.

I do not want to bother them further.

Just type:

/leave #space_travel

or copy and paste into chat

/join #space_flight

This is the channel to get Warp or Taxi Services for this event.

Last edited:
If you have joined the #space_travel channel, please remove yourself.

Just type:

/leave #space_travel

or copy and paste into chat

I was hoping for a little support from those who have done well, but for some players it is everyone for themselves. While I understand, I really do not encourage greed over enjoyment. This is a game, after all, and is supposed to be fun.

If you are a member of #space_travel. They have enough business, and do not need yours.

Spamming in unrelated channels and being rude about it when politely asked to stop it is not gonna help you with the success of your event - nor does it if you try to use your event promotion for a personal vendetta.
Consider this a free bump.

#Space_travel is designed for those offering or requesting space travel services.

You were spamming your planet side event and were politely asked to refrain, incidentally by channel users and not the admin initially, until it escalated.

I am all for player community events, having organised and partaken in many myself, pity that so many will already be put off your event by the way you are acting across several boards. :(

One cannot burn bridges that were never built. You can extend your hand, but if it is slapped away, it is a relationship that would be toxic anyway. Thank you for your advice. This is on topic and for the event. My reputation remains impeccable. There is no drama. There are only supporters and detractors. #space_travel is in no way a supporter of Mardi Gras. I get it. I shared it. Its done. Please don't bring drama. Lets move on.

I posted an ad for an interplanetary event requiring warps. I expected support and encouragement, since it is a fun way for players that have done well to give back and encourage others. I got nothing of the sort. When I contacted the radio station, they were miffed I did not include them sooner.

on travel, they are miffed I included them at all. If space travel does not want to have any part of it, they have made it abundantly clear. You have money making businesses to run and have no interest in helping players trying to have fun.

I am sorry i tried, but I tried, and felt from the very first attempt that I was treated rudely. I felt that, there is no changing that.

I should not have tried again.

But everyone deserves second chances, you had yours, and lets move on.

I get the point. I have removed myself from your channel. It has a purpose. I understand that.

-hip

Thanks for the bump

Spamming in unrelated channels and being rude about it when politely asked to stop it is not gonna help you with the success of your event - nor does it if you try to use your event promotion for a personal vendetta.
Consider this a free bump.

And I am honored to have THE JOHN BLACK KNIGHT responding to any of my measley posts. OFC, I wish it were words of encouragement, but never would someone as poor and pitiful as myself ever expect such a thing.

This is more what I would expect.

Thank you, I am floored, and honored, really

-hip

My reputation remains impeccable.

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

For those not fluent in Scots roughly translates as -

“Oh what a gift to give us, to see ourselves as others see us."

Last edited:
And I am honored to have THE JOHN BLACK KNIGHT responding to any of my measley posts. OFC, I wish it were words of encouragement, but never would someone as poor and pitiful as myself ever expect such a thing.

This is more what I would expect.

Thank you, I am floored, and honored, really

-hip

And there was me thinking 'alright lets move on we addressed the issue and he wants to professionally continue with his event' :rolleyes:

We watched you advertise for around or over a week advertise your event in around a dozend channels repeatedly, so i doubt anyone missed it - after a week we politely informed you that the space travel channel was for space travel and not for event ads - so one could say people in the channel were very relaxed and gave you lots of leeway. Then you went all personally insulted that someone would give you feedback.
I get it that you seem to have personal beef for whatever reason but to go with your own idea:
Lets move on shall we ?

Once today?

I posted once today. A few times the first time I was asked not to include the channel. I did not get feedback. I was ordered both times. Its your channel, you have the right to give orders, it's understood. I messed up. I should not have tried twice. I should have taken the warning shot. Looks like your bump worked. Im seeing a buttload of names I recognize across the bottom. Thanks.

And Im getting people who have heard of this for the first time everyday. Every. Single. Day. Not because they looked for it, because they saw it. Because ads work. My ads on space_travel worked far better then I ever expected, now people who were never, ever going to do a thing to help or encourage this event, which could be as awesome as the Crewe Of Lootius Ball was, are looking. 100 views on ark in the last 30 min.

I mean, for those who would never lift a finger to help, they still won't. I mean, what is giving away free stuff to anyone going to do for THEM, right? Why stick their neck out. Watch it fail and laugh.

Thats the mindset. Make it fail and laugh.

It is already a raging success. You are here. Now.

-hip

Last edited:

Ode to a mouse - by Robert Burns

It is a good poem, there are lessons in it for everyone.

I hope your Mardi Gras is a success Hipster - for you and for everybody who sets out to organise events.

Who is interested in Mardi Gras?

I am happy to announce Mardi Gras has made FIRST PAGE and is climbing for number of views. No page since LAST OCTOBER has had more interest. Put it this way, no event has ever gotten as many views as fast on Arkadia Forum. None.

THAT IS HOW MUCH INTEREST THERE IS.

This event impacts all of Entroipa. Every planet has people wanting to come. Every Society has a place to gain new recruits with the exposure. Every LA, Every Shop, Every Trader everyone. It is a huge free party for all hosted by those who want to give back.

It is refreshing. Entropia is filled with busnessmen trying to make a buck off your back, and scammers just trying to steal it. This is an event designed to lose money, and put it in the hands of the little guy, at a party. At a Parade.

At Mardi Gras.

YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MARDI GRAS.

thats why you are here.

Can someone have Neverdie come bitch me out?

I can take it, really. If anyone knows Mr Neverdie, he is welcome to come and take me down a notch or two. That is the only way this gets better then JOHN BLACKNIGHT. Im still stunned. He typed to me. Im never washing my eyeballs. OMG. I hear John Blacknight MET Lootius! Anyhow. Neverdie. Bitching. At me. Pls.

-hip

You're "high in the ratings" because you feel so entitled that you are oblivious to the fact you're making a bigger fool of yourself than I would have thought possible. On this page alone, you've posted 14 times!

There is a thing in advertising called "over-selling". That's when the salesman keeps talking AFTER the possible buyer has already said he'd buy. At which point, the buyer realizes he's dealing with either a fool or a crook, and backs out.

In my time with the circus

A bad barker is one who stops talking. As I understand it, even bad press is good press. The only ones not buying are those who would never have bought in the first place. Everyone else is a potential "sale".

And by sale, I mean someone who wants to come to Arkadia, dance, and get free stuff. If they dont want to come get free stuff, then, hell, that is more free stuff for those who do, really.

Im giving away 500+ items, to START. If it is to 12 people, so be it!

The fool is the man that does not stand up to bullies. I can not oversell this, I can not be described as a salesman. And whatever I am selling, you are not buying anyway.

This is not a scam either. Ask anyone who came to the Crewe Of Lootius Ball. Anyone.

I am just a simple carnival barker, trying to get people to come see the show, to be in the parade, or to be part of the parade. The more chatter, the better. The more people talking about it, on discord, in PMs, texting each other, doing facetime, it is promotion.

I CAN NOT LOSE, since the goal is to give away ped.

THAT makes me a fool. It is foolish to just give away stuff.

Or is it. Check Card Zero In your tarot deck, Mister. It is the least of the trumps, and it beats them all.

-hip

Reactions: San
A bad barker is one who stops talking. As I understand it, even bad press is good press. The only ones not buying are those who would never have bought in the first place. Everyone else is a potential "sale".

lol oh I know where he learned this one

YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MARDI GRAS.

thats why you are here.

no actually I heard someone was self destructing their own event, but GL with it, should be entertaining to watch this thread even if I dont bother with the event.

:nutkick:

With you as a spokeman....

Glad you picked a side, Morgoth!

Morgoth is one of the five people that have made my ignore list in six years.

Aren't you a pirate? And that's how you are going to spin this? Self destructing? No, I am acting King of this event, and as a King, I will not be bullied by the powerful, by the rich, by the well connected, or by pirates. I am simply doing my job.

And well.

And it is working.

Call it what you want. The Howard Stern effect, shock advertising, I recently heard it called the striesand effect, but this is not self destructive. Like it or not, it is promotion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Plain and simple.

And here you are.

It is working.

-hip

Last edited:
Potential 2020 Kings: Present your Platform!

For those of you who may be concerned that this may hurt the reputation, interest, or attendance of this event, be assured, it is quite the contrary. The powers that be have finally recognized how much Mardi Gras can impact them personally and financially, and have made an attempt, at this early stage, to exert some control over the event. Poke the bear, and sometimes it notices. Although their involvement so far has purely been negative, that can turn around.

First they ignore you.
Then they mock you.
Then they fight you.

Then YOU WIN.

There are still two weeks until the parade. Big wigs or not, forum or not. EU support or not, the parade will go on. We have a Court, We have free stuff to give away. We have a plan and are sticking to it.

You have a King.

We will Crown a new one in 2020, and if someone thinks they can do better, maybe they should EARN IT.

THAT STARTS NOW!

Who thinks they can be a better King of Mardi Gras? Step up or shut up.

Anyone wishing to be the King of Mardi Gras 2020 should really start a discourse, or how will we know who to vote for?

Do you really want me to run this again next year?

Back