Suggestion: Getting MU up?

LeelooM

Prowler
Society
Spectra
Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
For me mining is fine like it is but it could even be better when MU went up for some resources so here is my suggestion :

Like hunters get shrapnel in their loot why cant miners not get probes with the claim?
That gives 101% after converting also :)

If this would be the case for "TT ores" as some call it, like belk, blaus, lyst etc ....

This needs to be balanced out very well cause most of these "TT ores" are used for amp crafting and yea ... I here some coming already .... this will prolly get the price of some amps up.

This way miners could also cycle more, while waiting for some resources to be sold and/or sell in smaller stacks to get a better netto % or keep miners with a lower budget going cause they cannot stock up high so sell to traders (and get a shitty %)

Who knows, it's worth the try I think, any suggestions or what you think about this?

Last edited:
lol, you're against changes which would bring more players to the game and would stop older players from leaving and then you whine about lacks of MU...

lol, you're against changes which would bring more players to the game and would stop older players from leaving and then you whine about lacks of MU...

Maybe (try to) understand what I wrote

I repeat .... For me mining is fine like it is but it could even be better when MU went up for some resources so here is my suggestion

I repeat .... For me mining is fine like it is but it could even be better when MU went up for some resources so here is my suggestion

crafting is broken, yet you want to increase the MU on ressources, so that crafters will lose even more money on all those shitty 25% & 50% near successes... that will just lead to less crafting...

the solution is to set those 25% & 50% near successes to 66% near successes, remove the overshooting on every success, set baseline return for 1k clicks to at least 90% return.. leaves us crafters with more money to pay higher MU to hunters/miners...

crafting is broken, yet you want to increase the MU on ressources, so that crafters will lose even more money on all those shitty 25% & 50% near successes... that will just lead to less crafting...

the solution is to set those 25% & 50% near successes to 66% near successes, remove the overshooting on every success, set baseline return for 1k clicks to at least 90%.. leaves crafters with more money to pay higher MU to hunters/miners...

Seems you never thought about it that YOU are doing things wrong and please stay to the subject

My stats for this year ...

TT return : 110,62%
TT return minus costs : 106,11%
TT return minus costs + MU : have a guess ...

after dropping for 500-1000 K peds / day

Seems you never thought about it that YOU are doing things wrong and please stay to the subject

I'm staying on the subject.. maybe you full time hunters/miners should just start listening to full time crafters, when it comes to MU for crafting materials and why we crafters don't pay more MU ffs...

constructive criticism is more worthy.

constructive criticism is more worthy.

easy explaination why all those 25% & 50% return near successes are bad (ingot & MU value are example):

with mostly 90% return near successes you may need 10 ingots to manufacture an item that has 5 PED MU, then you can pay 0,5 PED MU per ingot as a crafter.

when most near successes are 25% & 50% near success and you end up needing 20 ingots to manufacture an item that has 5 PED MU, then you can pay only 0,25 PED MU per ingot as crafter.

the idea is not to bad ... even more the MU should go up a bit when ppl just chose the fast way and turn em right away into probs
also for those who tt a lot would be a 101% still more than 100% :p

Unfortunately I would have to side with alukat on the issue. The reason those ores are not selling is that crafters have been getting the shaft, and are dropping out and not buying.

As it is, when you need stuff, there is hardly enough on auction. And then success rates make it so we need 2007 supply rates when we have nothing close to it today, all while miners still intend on getting markups that, while good for miners, does not work out for crafters in the end to maintain supply.

If crafters get more markup, miners will by default get more markup.

Mindark just loves to keep throwing more things into the system, more bps and more items that compete directly with crafters and the investments they made.

So we crafters get less over time, and you start noticing more ores lasting longer.....

Consider the investments involved....

mining 10k tops for the best gear.
crafting 100's of ks to have the full spectrum of mu and demand.

Crafting needs much more love, and miner love would follow. Until then its just breaking the system more.

It only took a couple of years for EXP to take its toll. there is hardly residue anymore,(I literally have to stop buying your ores now while waiting on res) those who went down the hole lost it all, those who did not, are stuck wondering where all those "crafters" went, and why thier ores wont sell so fast.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I would have to side with alukat on the issue. The reason those ores are not selling is that crafters have been getting the shaft, and are dropping out and not buying.

As it is, when you need stuff, there is hardly enough on auction. And then success rates make it so we need 2007 supply rates when we have nothing close to it today, all while miners still intend on getting markups that, while good for miners, does not work out for crafters in the end to maintain supply.

If crafters get more markup, miners will by default get more markup.

Mindark just loves to keep throwing more things into the system, more bps and more items that compete directly with crafters and the investments they made.

So we crafters get less over time, and you start noticing more ores lasting longer.....

Consider the investments involved....

mining 10k tops for the best gear.
crafting 100's of ks to have the full spectrum of mu and demand.

Crafting needs much more love, and miner love would follow. Until then its just breaking the system more.

It only took a couple of years for EXP to take its toll. there is hardly residue anymore,(I literally have to stop buying your ores now while waiting on res) those who went down the hole lost it all, those who did not, are stuck wondering where all those "crafters" went, and why thier ores wont sell so fast.

Sadly I need to agree with this and that's why I stopped crafting amps to sell in my shop, I'm only crafting amps now that I need for myself while mining even without residue.

I'm not gonna stop crafting, I invested in some high QR BP's so I need to get that back, but even when crafting amps with ores I get for 100% (cause my mining TT return is over 100%) I'm having a hard time to gain on that.
In overall I mostly loose on hunting (no decent gear) and on crafting.

On the other hand I see this as skilling and getting the QR's up.

For the moment I'm stocking up resources and just sell some on auction "at the correct timing" (read when almost none on auction. and the "TT ores" I burn for amp crafting.

The reason why I suggested this, is because you can stock until a certain amount ... same as hunters can stock up bigger stacks for MU.

For beginning miners that cannot stock ... it must be a disaster.

Last edited:
Fix crafting = fix MU for miners and hunters.

As long the top end gears come from hunting and is UL instead L there is no need for much crafting, MU stay low.

Give crafters the BPs to create top end L gear and crafting will be fixed, higher MU for the resources needed.

Balancing is the key, atm there is to much and to often powerful loots from hunting, beside the events which are always for hunters only!

Fix crafting = fix MU for miners and hunters.

As long the top end gears come from hunting and is UL instead L there is no need for much crafting, MU stay low.

Give crafters the BPs to create top end L gear and crafting will be fixed, higher MU for the resources needed.

Balancing is the key, atm there is to much and to often powerful loots from hunting, beside the events which are always for hunters only!

that's not even the main issue... with returns of 80% you just got to wait for material MUs being down to 101% , when crafting stuff that has MU of about 126% and you want to break even...

I just had another 1,2k click run with about 80% return, QR 100 BP... as much as i'd like to pay hunters/miners more MU, MA just denies it with all the bad return runs..

Example roadia-amp:
bought alternative ingot prior to loot 2.0 for 120% MU and it was fine
now buying it for 113% MU and that's appearently still too high with the current way crafting is

Last edited:
Back