FYI: Excessive Whining & Negativity

Status
When I ran a business I had a rule for staff, "Its OK to complain , but one condition , since things cannot always be perfect and we do the best we can...you must provide a practical solution to the issue you describe else keep it shut !!! "

When I ran a business I had a rule for staff, "Its OK to complain , but one condition , since things cannot always be perfect and we do the best we can...you must provide a practical solution to the issue you describe else keep it shut !!! "

Sorry mate .. I didn't find the relevance in your statement to this. Telling your staff to follow business rules and finding a solution for their issues is entirely different to handling complains from paid customers ... Unless your staff pay you to work in your business ... Must be an awesome business :laugh:

If one of your paid customers on the other hand came and complained about your product/service , would you then ask the customer to provide a practical solution or would you do it. People here complaining are gamers not game developers... They wouldn't have a clue how to solve issues... They complain so that the "provider" of the service/entertainment we so call EU can fix them.

Let me put it in simpler terms for some people here ... If I bought and LED tv from say Harvey N ... Then I take it back home and it didn't have the features that was advertised and it was playing up. Now, as an ardent 'couch potato' I love everything TV has to offer but don't have a clue or don't really care what goes on inside to give me the entertainment I want while I sit with a bowl of chips on my belly ( thanks to my numerous hours of entertainment from my favorite tv show) .... Now when I take it back to the shop , I don't expect the guy in the back of the counter to go " no point complaining!!! Tell us how to fix it!"

... At this point I would have a very good mind of breaking the TV on his head and shoving the remote up his clacker...
But I don't do so because I am not an aggressive person ... I get online and go WAAaAAaA!!!!

So to answer a few people ... Not everyone knows what's going on ...but they do know whether they are being entertained for the money they paid.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Agree 100%

Its easy to bitch and moan. Its hard to say something worthwhile. Folks seem very willing to confuse complaining with constructive criticism, as if they are the same thing. They are not.

+ rep

well i guess "ran" explain all :rolleyes: ;)

A legend in your own mind:lolup:

FYI..Delusional is not a good skill to be maxed on brother:wise:

Whatever dude. Im on the Directors Board of a multi-million dollar company and my project, which I lead and work on with a team of 3 people, was dropped on CNN by Obama's Health Czar as an example of what other companies in the health care industry should do. And I'm only 34 years old. If that's being a legend in my own mind, I'll take it.

What are you again?

Agree 100%

Its easy to bitch and moan. Its hard to say something worthwhile. Folks seem very willing to confuse complaining with constructive criticism, as if they are the same thing. They are not.

+ rep

Ok, I have so much material ... But dunno where to start. A director of a multimillion dollar company who moonlights as a project leader of 3 people agrees with an ex-business owner 100% ... Not sure what the 100% is because one says it's OK to complain provided its a practical solution from the staff members and one says people confuse complaining with constructive criticism (it's not clear if he is talking about the staff of the multi million dollar business or their clients .... Oh oh... It could be the 3 staff members from the project ...aha)...

I guess I will have to nodd my head in agreement :yup: as who am I to question these credible tycoons. :rolleyes:

suggestion , Whining and excessive complaining section . Not visible to public , only signed up members. et voilla freedom of speech AND censorship form the innocent public . Its the only logical solution . we have to remain logical . we got to. GOT to.L O G ic alllll.

Are we frozen in time?

or does the company runnin this business have only one programator?

Constructively, we running in a half done random generated enviroment for some years, any ideas when we get the enviroment at leats to pre VU10 level?

suggestion , Whining and excessive complaining section . Not visible to public , only signed up members. et voilla freedom of speech AND censorship form the innocent public . Its the only logical solution . we have to remain logical . we got to. GOT to.L O G ic alllll.

Can't do that. It'd shrink the size of the forum to about 1/4th of what it is as far as search engines, etc. go because that's 3/4 of the threads would end up having to be moved in there...

Ok, I have so much material ... But dunno where to start. A director of a multimillion dollar company who moonlights as a project leader of 3 people agrees with an ex-business owner 100% ... Not sure what the 100% is because one says it's OK to complain provided its a practical solution from the staff members and one says people confuse complaining with constructive criticism (it's not clear if he is talking about the staff of the multi million dollar business or their clients .... Oh oh... It could be the 3 staff members from the project ...aha)...

I guess I will have to nodd my head in agreement :yup: as who am I to question these credible tycoons. :rolleyes:

You're misreading. I'm not moonlighting. That's my job. My IT/Development team consists of 4 people, including myself. 3 of us, including myself, have developed a game changing piece of software that has US Government recognition within the first 4 years of its existence.

I know your point of view is valuable to you, but this interpretation is borderline inventing material to go with. An ex business owner may in fact have retired off his or her proceeds, and now simply works as a consultant, if they work at all. I plan to be in the same position at 40 years old, if not sooner. 5 years and counting... so far so good. Complaints are not always constructive, just like a computer is not always a Macintosh.

Ultimately you sound rather closed-minded.

You're misreading. I'm not moonlighting. That's my job. My IT/Development team consists of 4 people, including myself. 3 of us, including myself, have developed a game changing piece of software that has US Government recognition within the first 4 years of its existence.

I know your point of view is valuable to you, but this interpretation is borderline inventing material to go with. An ex business owner may in fact have retired off his or her proceeds, and now simply works as a consultant, if they work at all. I plan to be in the same position at 40 years old, if not sooner. 5 years and counting... so far so good. Complaints are not always constructive, just like a computer is not always a Macintosh.

Ultimately you sound rather closed-minded.

I have so much to say but I will refrain myself as I do not want to deviate from the topic and get into an argument about who has got a bigger one.

Good for you!

Thanks for the -rep ... It's very mature of you lol

That's his favorite thing to do...

Tell people how great he is, insult others, then -neg rep them. :duh:

Equalizing the playing field is definitely my favorite thing to do. If others can insinuate shitty things about me, imply or outright state that I am lying, and/or attack me, I am more than happy to return the favor. As for how great I am, look -- if you compare yourself to others achievements and find yourself coming up short, trying to knock them down isnt the answer. Doing more to bring yourself up is.

Most folks on this board dont encounter problems from me. Many receive +rep and support. If someone is part of the select few that receive a -rep from me, perhaps thats a sign that they ought to review their approach/attitude.

Would have given you -rep, btw. But I couldnt. Apparently there arent enough discussions on this board at the moment for me to have spread rep around to others. It seems folks incessant complaining has successfully squelched positive discussions, for the moment. Enjoy the results of your labors, your reprieve, and have a nice day.

Last edited:
Whatever dude. Im on the Directors Board of a multi-million dollar company and my project, which I lead and work on with a team of 3 people, was dropped on CNN by Obama's Health Czar as an example of what other companies in the health care industry should do. And I'm only 34 years old.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/02/cnn-ratings-april-cable-news-top-30_n_1471363.html

I quoted a left-wing site so not to be accused I'm taken my data from sane sites. Being given as example by commies like the Obama's Health Czar on the Communist News Network is not something to brag about. Is that nice company of yours receiving public $$$ like Solyndra did before it bite the dust?

BTW, I'm Romanian, don't care about magyar republic or empire if you have any connection with that, never took a cent of public money, and lived half of my life in a communist country who killed millions of innocent people (under the soviet bright guidance / tanks). Good luck implementing that in US.

We still have public health care here and if you cannot afford to go abroad if sick you're dead meat.

If someone is part of the select few that receive a -rep from me, perhaps thats a sign that they ought to review their approach/attitude.

ROFL, who the heck are you to say what attitude others should have? Your not a mod, you dont work for MA, you ain't no boss hog, in fact u ain't shit.

please take your -rep and stick it...never mind I think I might be starting to get negative so ill just log out and go play some d3 :cool:

As for how great I am, look -- if you compare yourself to others achievements and find yourself coming up short, trying to knock them down isnt the answer.

Would have given you -rep, btw. But I couldnt.

First of all, I hardly compare myself to you, as I really have no reason to concern myself with who's "better". You enjoy talking (bragging?) about your age, place of employment, personal business achievements, ect. in the middle of threads...

... on an internet gaming forum. :laugh:

I tend to be significantly more private, but hey... do what makes you feel good, slick.

As for wanting to give me -neg AGAIN, I'm not surprised in the least, and you've basically done exactly what I described about your behavior.

You wanna make the world a better place?

It would be fun to know what kind of software that is lol.

The most famous software in medical area I know about, lately, is a kind'a game that makes people find malaria infected cells.

In Sweden, what kind of software that probably need to be developed is good software for medical records - prefeably (imho) open source so all counties can afford it (no steep license fees that cause some counties to go for another solution).

What usually gets in the papers here about medical technology is pretty much midication research, and some years ago a laser controlled knife (from a company called "Sectra" if I remember right). Unfortunately it's been going downhill for the former big swedish medicin companies (Astra(/Zeneca), Pharmacia (p'n'u)), to a degree it's because swedish government has started to press prices by only buying cheapest medecin on the market, so companies who are actually developing new medication (but whose producs were slightly more expensive) gets less money.

I guess though tere are other areas where software is involved aswell. Maybe automatic interpretation of x-ray pictures, firmware for pacemakers, and embedded software in EKG equipment.

It's not always competition, controlled by strict beaurocratics, leeds to better service. In a few communties, the local taxi company (providing public taxi service) survived by the rides that was paid by the community (typically disabled and elderly getting subsidised fee to be able to get to the grocery store and to the hospitals and such, and school children getting ride to school). But as the public services started to go ask for the cheapest possible service, specialized companies took over who only do rides ordered by the community agency, the local taxi companies went out of business (if they used to have business say 08:00-16:00 by tax paid rides and 19-21 from private persons wanting a ride, they can't survive from the orders they get 19-21 alone). You can say that "in that case g good that taxi service was shut down", but if you think a step further, working taxi service makes it easier for people who do get drunk to get home without sitting behind their own wheel, and young drunk people doesn't get lost and freeze to death in the middle of the winter, and small local companies can get customers who doesn't have to drive all the way, let's say the customer lives on the other side of the country and has flewn 90% of the way).

(Some degree of buearaucratics is needed to curb things like bribes and a community rep doing business with someone he knows from his "golfclub" without asking aroudn for a lower price - but unfortunately that happens anyway, with or without rules. Only thing that can curb *that* is active media (press, radio, TV)...)

Last edited:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/02/cnn-ratings-april-cable-news-top-30_n_1471363.html

I quoted a left-wing site so not to be accused I'm taken my data from sane sites. Being given as example by commies like the Obama's Health Czar on the Communist News Network is not something to brag about. Is that nice company of yours receiving public $$$ like Solyndra did before it bite the dust?

You assume too much. We are not paid to develop things on behalf of the government nor do we receive any federal funding.

Really some users on this board disgust me. Your propensity to read negativity into things is what the problem is with this forum and community in the first place. You are a bunch of paranoid lunatics.

In Sweden, what kind of software that probably need to be developed is good software for medical records - prefeably (imho) open source so all counties can afford it

Mine is too.

It would be fun to know what kind of software that is lol.
yep, would be interesting to know. Working in the healthcare field in a hospital as I do, it's interesting to know what new tech is out there so that I can make suggestions to department heads in charge of purchasing. (It's also interesting to know what software I need to tell the IT department to stay as far away from as possible in case they get caught up in the hype some of the little companies out there throw around that overinflate themselves because they think they are on to something huge when all they are doing in trying to reinvent the wheel like a certain database company we were dealing with about 2 years ago that indicated that they could solve all our problems, when all they were doing was basically putting together a badly formated database that caused more problems than it solved)

yep, would be interesting to know.

It would be. However I'm sure you'll be aware of it. You already know my name, etc from all of your outside-of-EU bookmarking and general wierdness. You've liked how many of my facebook pages now?

Anyway, no matter. I'm sure you will try to avoid it when I'm in the New York Times. It's one of my goals to be in the paper there for this project within the next 16 months, not that anyone in this community will acknowledge it when (not if) it happens.

Anyhow the point of this thread is excessive negativity. Not when will Magyar Republic release his software. Folks here probably wont be any more aware of that than they are aware of Citrix, Insyst, Echo Group, or Clinicians Gateway. All of whom are my direct competitors. Check the topic.

Y'all have issues.

yadayada,

Y'all have issues.

Says the biggest troll on PCF...:lolup:

You spend day and night trolling this thread trying to bait people and everyone else has issues????:laugh::laugh:

Seriously, look at yourself dude. You're trolling a thread about negativity trying your best to make people negative...and you're complaining others have issues???? :rolleyes:

Don't you have a nest of fortune 500 companies to be running or something maggie??? How the hell can someone as important to the international business community as you are have time to sit on pcf trying to stir shit all day and night...arn't you afraid the world economy will collapse in your absence?:rolleyes:

I think some of the negativity on pcf could be cured if you'd just stfu and stop causing shit....:rolleyes:

Haha!
Even this thread became a troll/whining thread.

Mods: BAN BAN BAN what are you waiting for?

Reactions: das
You assume too much. We are not paid to develop things on behalf of the government nor do we receive any federal funding.

Really some users on this board disgust me. Your propensity to read negativity into things is what the problem is with this forum and community in the first place. You are a bunch of paranoid lunatics.

Awwww.. thank you, I did not know you cared. Can your amazing piece of software cure us? I reacted only because you mentioned one of those demented freaks Czars, and their crazy ideas one of it being euthanasia as a solution so solve insurance crisis. You know, "equalizing the field" for the "community good".

And there are a bunch of qualified people around here some working for multi-billion private companies, some even freelancers which those companies cannot afford anymore, or having their own business. At 34 years old you were supposed to have a lot less of the infatuation associated with the teenage years.

ok,ok i have the solution now. . .

Sarcasm

yes folks, if you have been charged too much for your ration of "fun" , be sarcastic about it , VERY sarcastic .
You wont get banned because everything you say will be positive, but we will know what u mean .:yup:

This thread has been allowed to go on long enough. So here we go:

446746_700b.jpg

~Danimal

...and you're complaining others have issues???? :rolleyes:

Not complaining. It's a fact. Some users on this board are mentally deranged.

We have one fellow who has a mentally retarded sibling and belittles folks who help people in that situation. Another group of people who likely have Aspergers syndrome, given the their absolute fixation on a subject and inability to even process an opposing point of view, and then a third, which you fall into, who have turned this thread into a place to let out their own personal vendettas.

You're the problem with Entropia and PCF. Not the loots. Not MindArk being unable to code. You. And to be perfectly honest I dont think this forum is going to get any better anytime soon, because the staff here is either unwilling or unable to deal with this problem. That moderation staff is blowing up at users is not a good sign. Something is obviously wrong here, and their hands seem to be tied somewhere...

This thread should have been locked from the start, as all announcements from Forum Staff regarding the forum should be.

I'm going to take advice I recieved many times from other players and moderators and execise my ignore list. Problem solved. :)

Bye! :wave:

OK, everyone's had the chance to have their say. Thread is getting rather catty so time for a lock. Please take heed of the opening post.

:locked:

Status
Back