Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

I'm trying to adapt to the new controls; it is very challenging.

1. I use to be able to exit my vehicle and pick it up with two quick key presses (exit, pickup). Now I have to use the mouse and do a long press of the right mouse button to bring up context menu. Those long presses add up and cost a lot of time in the long run. Please make right mouse button quick click bring up context menus.

2. Long press of 'use tool' to 'auto tool' is another example of long press causing me grief; makes starting shooting feel tedious. Oddly enough, 'Interact', while holding a weapon will immediately start auto shooting, (but another press won't stop it). Please find a way to not require long presses for anything.

3. Using the mouse wheel to go from zoomed out 3rd person view->zoom in->1st person view->zoom in with scope without having to press a key was so great. Needing an 'action' to switch from 3rd person to 1st person is much less fluid.

4. In aim mode a slight move of the mouse makes my target unlock. This makes me not want to use aim mode. Also it would be nice if dead mob stayed as a locked target so it can be looted without selecting it again.

5. I loved how you could customize just about everything in the old interface. Now I seem to have some icons on my screen that I wouldn't use often but cannot be removed.

6. It is annoying that 'lock target' stops me from running, especially when firing weapon at out of range target doesn't move you closer to the target but simply says out of range. I really use to love being able to 'move to interact with target', or not, depending on the situation.

Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Ty for reading!

Increasing max zoom is a good start!
Add back "Look Up/Down" commands
Add back "Click to Move" as option
Tweak tab targeting functionality
Tweak camera alignment while attacking a creature
Help out our healers with their issues

Please and thank you!

Do the above, and you got a winner in my book.

Premature flaming thread

I get that people are not too happy about the changes done to to controls & camera, but also - chill out!

With a big change like this, bugs and unforseen consequences are as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the fires of hell are burning.

Do you think MA/dev team will go to work full of energy with all this flaming? Nah, they'll all get depressed and give up.

Give them at least ONE chance to make an update that will change the obvious errors (camera too close, looting action not working properly etc.).

Some minor issues that I haven't seen mentioned (a lot) here. I didn't read all the post, just the last few pages.
I configure my keys the way I want it. F is to open the HOF for me.

1. When you stand close to something you can interact with (NPC, dead mob, ...) you see "PRESS X to loot". I know my hotkeys, thank you very much, no need to remind me after the 1000th mob killed. Also, I want my loot key to be different then the interact key.
2. Buttons on my screen that I can't remove and didn't ask for. I never use them and had to place them under the Mission Tracker.
3. I used ILG to open Inventory, hotkey configuration and keyboard map. The last one can't be found in the Action Libary, but it's still there. F11 by default. When I press ILG now it won't stay at the F1 setup that I'm using, it changes to * for some dumb reason that one overlaps with F1.
4. Next target can be far away while getting attacked by another mob from behind.
5. When you run to a TP and press X at the right time, you'll continue running. You used to stand still.
6. When you run up to something to scan (vehicle, other player, mob), you'll stand still. You used to continue running.
7. Opening Storage adjust the camera height. The windows of Storage and Inventory are almost overlapping, I like to have some space between. You can drag them apart, but the next time they're kissing again.
8. Having to hold down the "Use Tool" key to auto use it. I joined when we didn't had auto use, feels like the game has been set back years in that respect.

That's all I can think of atm.
One, just one, thing I like currently about this VU. When you hover over an item (hotkey) it will display information like dmg/sec, TT value and more.

I get that people are not too happy about the changes done to to controls & camera, but also - chill out!

With a big change like this, bugs and unforseen consequences are as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the fires of hell are burning.

Do you think MA/dev team will go to work full of energy with all this flaming? Nah, they'll all get depressed and give up.

Give them at least ONE chance to make an update that will change the obvious errors (camera too close, looting action not working properly etc.).

So just be quiet , so nothing will be done to the bugs and faults?

A lot of Changes in 7 years

I've been away from the game for about 7 years, and came back yesterday to this update. I like the interface and control changes, as they line up with many other control systems from other games now.

So many other changes that I have to catch up on now too!

tinfoil hat on:

maybe MA realised that EU will soon be banned in europe and US due to stricter gambling laws and is now trying to annoy people as much as possible so they are going to simply stop playing and "wait" for a change in the system without selling out so that MA doesnt have to pay for withdrawals and can just keep the money.

So your only two options are silence or petulant rage? What about constructive feedback?

There are some pissed off people but there is also a lot of constructive feedback. This is not just about having to get used to something new, rearranging key assignments, learning the options, etc. There a fundamental changes that many feel need adjusting.

We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Direction about you are talking is change EU from "more than a game" to "only another game"??

Really i would like to know an explanation with little apples, please. Because nobody here understand why this expensive change..

Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

This level of communication is amazing, absolute credit to the management team.

Yes, there are some bugs in the latest version update, and yes people (including myself) don't tend to like change, but with communication and response to feedback like this the future can only be bright. :yay:

Obviously we will have to give MA feedback - and many do give decent feedback - but there are too many "fuck you" and "this is sh1t" - and the latter isn't helping anyone. I'm not happy about all the changes, but I'm pretty sure the things that are not working after VU 16 can be communicated to MA with 80 % less trash talk.

Hi,

Great to hear, now if you read this post.

I think it would be ideal if the next target from the past got re-added, if it's not possible in current system. Then my other suggestion is:
Basically the F key should always pick the target closest to you (even if behind you or you can't see it) unless you press it twice.
I know you guys said you don't want us to be able to target something we can't see. Now I can't comprehend why this is, since I see 0 advantage gameplay wise. If it's because of bots, then it's not fair that bots would hurt the game so much, it's super easy for someone to just spend 2 min configuring some macro to automove and then press F, with autoloot pill, so if it's because of bots then it's invalid argument.

Ideally bring back the next target completely (you should be able to target anything that is in your radar, even if your range is not enough, and also next target / previous target, this allowed for more control and prevented majority of accidental killsteals since if you targeted a target which got targeted at the same time, you'd then be able to switch to the one instantly.
In the past we could just use next target and then press auto usetool, our avatars would then automatically run towards target (weapon's range) and then start attacking it. When the mob died we still had the mob "locked" and we could just press our LOOT key (from action library, why remove something that works flawlessly?) and loot it.

Add an option in client to never break auto-usetool unless you press the key again (like it worked before).
Ideally bring back the old auto-use tool command (from action library) so players don't have to hold use tool for 0.5s in order to trigger it - Also an option needs to be made that auto-usetool won't stop if mob dies (like before)...
Rightclick with cursor mode should always bring context menu!
Doubleclicking anywhere on map = move to that point.
Doubleclick on items = open item information. (Like it worked before) you guys can still add as an option to keep it like this for those that like it...

I really liked a lot with this new VU, but it needs some more fine-tuning and old options needs to get added. You guys removed unnecessary and useful options for no reason at all.

There are some pissed off people but there is also a lot of constructive feedback. This is not just about having to get used to something new, rearranging key assignments, learning the options, etc. There a fundamental changes that many feel need adjusting.

I 100 % agree with you. But like I said, this can be communicated clearly and precisely without going balls to the walls ape shit crazy...

my beloved Lord Satan what happened

I have questions:

How can I switch between mouse cursor mode and non cursor mode (previously switchable using Space bar)
Why is 3d visibility so limited?
How can I in this system do quick autoshoot, quick heal and then autoshoot,

But most important, give me back some possibility to use mouse when iteracting with things.

Use "Alt" key

I'm trying to adapt to the new controls; it is very challenging.

1. I use to be able to exit my vehicle and pick it up with two quick key presses (exit, pickup). Now I have to use the mouse and do a long press of the right mouse button to bring up context menu. Those long presses add up and cost a lot of time in the long run. Please make right mouse button quick click bring up context menus.

2. Long press of 'use tool' to 'auto tool' is another example of long press causing me grief; makes starting shooting feel tedious. Oddly enough, 'Interact', while holding a weapon will immediately start auto shooting, (but another press won't stop it). Please find a way to not require long presses for anything.

3. Using the mouse wheel to go from zoomed out 3rd person view->zoom in->1st person view->zoom in with scope without having to press a key was so great. Needing an 'action' to switch from 3rd person to 1st person is much less fluid.

4. In aim mode a slight move of the mouse makes my target unlock. This makes me not want to use aim mode. Also it would be nice if dead mob stayed as a locked target so it can be looted without selecting it again.

5. I loved how you could customize just about everything in the old interface. Now I seem to have some icons on my screen that I wouldn't use often but cannot be removed.

6. It is annoying that 'lock target' stops me from running, especially when firing weapon at out of range target doesn't move you closer to the target but simply says out of range. I really use to love being able to 'move to interact with target', or not, depending on the situation.

Yes, and Dennis, while you're at it, please remove explosive projectiles BPs.

I 100 % agree with you. But like I said, this can be communicated clearly and precisely without going balls to the walls ape shit crazy...

You mean like it was communicated from MAs side what kind of change it will bring ?
New system as an ADDITION would have been good.
And EU is not a "game" it costs real money and the higher you get up the more it costs. To get to a high level you must have invested a shitload of money and time (or have an unlimited credit card).
There are long time players with disabilities, that can not play like this. A lot of people get motion sickness and it simply does not look,play or feel "way better" to justify the change.

It is not simply a small change one can get used to, I do not find it exiting to hold the mouse all the time to keep focus on a target, I want something to be halfway exciting without having to pay attention all the time, something to do to relax after work without having an ava turning around all the time.
It was nice to have a look at your sourroundings while killing a mob, just having to focus on the health bar .

And if you really do not understand, that halfway AFK playing is helping the economy...
With this system I am simply not able to go through an AR-60 a day and cycle 10k PEDS.
Hurts the loot pool and the economy

If anyone works out how to get the Auto Tool to work on a mouse can they please let me know. I've assigned Use Tool and that's fine, one click, fine, hold to kick into Auto doesn't work so I've had to assign it to a key to work which is really annoying.

Hate the new limitations on the camera in 3rd person, it just doesn't go out far enough and what is with my avatar turning around in 3rd person when I try and walk backwards?!

I also hate how my avatar moves to the crafting machine, auction etc. can this be turned off does anyone know? It's making me really motion sick :(

if not answered yet

Right Mouse click with any item equipped, activates auto use

Hi,

Now this is the kind of MA that was lacking but isn't any more... Much appreciated keep up the good work.

Regards
Tees

Now we know why they were so excited by the new camera system, because now we have the ability to zoom into...

:yay::laugh::silly2::ahh::wtg::lolup::girl::tongue2::yup:

Hi,

Well ya know what they say "you cant make a omelette without breaking a few eggs"

this is especially true with not just the game, but the players also, if nothing is done to try n change the game people moan about that, and when any changes are made people again moan, simple fact u cant please everyone no matter how much u try, and like the eggs some things might get broken along the way lol

as for direction of the game it seems and feels to me that the direction they may be trying to go for is more optimized game play and possibly cross platform in the long term? would be fun and strange testing this on a console or mobile :D perhaps controller support could also be added?

also some suggestions like perhaps a poll or voting system could be implemented for any future proposed changes or updates?, and perhaps something like a check box could be put on the launcher called beta?, this would take players to a testing server where they could interact with a npc for example and given a few tasks as well as equipment, weapons or ammo needed which would then be handed back in for some reward or xp skills or something,

these things i think would help make the community feel more involved with helping shape the future of
Entropia Universe and be a good way to test for any potential problems in a more controlled manner at no cost to the players b4 a beta becomes a version update

I for 1 will continue to play and enjoy the game whatever happens:D

have fun guys JJ :D

if not answered yet

Right Mouse click with any item equipped, activates auto use

Just tried it out hunting, thank you :D

Now if I could just reassign it back to the button I had it on....

Hi,

+rep

Thank you for listening and taking time out of your day to read the short book we are writing you guys.

You've got a very passionate user base!

Glad to know fixes are on their way.

Hi,

Appreciate the level of commitment being shown by the team. Thank you.

Allowing us some flexibility in customizing a few parameters would be very helpful.

Appreciate the level of commitment being shown by the team. Thank you.

Allowing us some flexibility in customizing a few parameters would be very helpful.

as the old saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions...
commitment is nothing if the results doesn`t show it

I`m not appreciating (to say the least) the level of unprofessionalism when implementing changes without any care and testing...
why on earth is inventory opening in such a wrong spot when accessing auction.. and even more, even if I drag it to a better place, it will still open in the wrong spot over and over again... if I want to place 10-15 items in auction, I have to drag the inventory to a better spot again and again, otherwise I can`t even place the item in its little auction box...
was this a critical update?? did anyone asked to release it NOW?? if not, why not testing carefully before releasing it??

and this is only one small example of implementing changes without any care and any testing...

Last edited:
and this is only one small example of implementing changes without any care and any testing...

...and it is compounded by having to reopen storage and auction so much instead of just having both open. Whilst I am happy about positive changes (and there are several this vu)... stupid sh** that I cannot change (apparently) is clocking up dissatisfaction.
Yes, I'm trying to teach my brain and muscle memory to readjust, but some stuff is just crazy.

As an aside, DO watch Alaina's video about the MS view. It is hilarious that you have to do a wiggle dance one way or the other to get the view aligned again how you want it.
"If possible - Please have a look at what the camera system does in space -
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...51#post3694651 "
Thanks Alaina for that!! :yay: :laugh:
(That is, however, something so far beyond what 'pre-release testing' appears to be that that particular effect could be almost forgiven as long as MA takes note and fixes it in a timely manner..)

Hi,

you only need to support the majority of the play styles and genres, not every of them
but by the reactions in this thread, you didn`t manage to accomplish it this time
let me explain to you why this is important:
the majority of the people spending money here are people in their middle age or older, with a job or a business, and money to spend
if they come home after 10-12 hours at the job, they will spend some money hunting, mining, crafting, gambling, etc, to relax and have fun.. they don`t want to spend hours, trying to learn and adapt to incredibly unfriendly software changes which no ones asked for...
I usually hunt or mine 2-3 hours each evening but last evening I didn`t spend a single ped, I didn`t even log in, because I didn`t want that shit at the end of busy day.. and I have many other friends which did the same

but then again, if you are really reading every single post, you`ll know what the majority of your paying clients think about these changes... and hopefully you`ll understand the decrease of the activity ingame

you only need to support the majority of the play styles and genres, not every of them
but by the reactions in this thread, you didn`t manage to accomplish it this time
let me explain to you why this is important:
the majority of the people spending money here are people in their middle age or older, with a job or a business, and money to spend

Well if you read through all the reactions, it's pretty clear that the majority of the players are handicapped in some way and suffer from extreme motion sickness, and lack the ability to read simple instructions...

Unless.....

The obnoxious whiners on PCF don't represent the majority of the player base? Nahh... can't be right...

So yesterday everyone in my soc was complaining about the new VU (me included).

Today most of them are out hunting (me included). A few things are still to work out but overall business as usual. Update will be fixed of bugs eventually...

Does everyone that plays this game have one hand, one eye, suffers from extreme motion sickness, playing with their tongue holding a stylus on their cell phone through remote access software to their PC which has a LEGO Mindstorm programmed to press the appropriate keys in response while using text to speech output that gets translated into morse code and then send to a machine that translates it to Braille which is then hammered into their face by a little typewritter rigged to their wheel chair?

No? Just me?

I believe there are more physically handicapped people playing MMos than playing professional sports.
So not just you :p

Back