Reputation system explained

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
To give reputation to another member click the icon located in the lower right corner of the members post inside a thread.

reputation.gif

When clicking you have two options, either "Agree" with his/her post to give good reputation, or "Disagree" to give bad reputation.

The amount of reputation given depends on several factors, the longer you have been a member of these forums, the amount of posts you have, give you more reputation "power".

There are other "secret" factors involved too, it's possible to receive bad reputation without any other members even "Disagree"'ing with one of your posts.

Last edited:
Yes.......

Do we get reputation or EFD for posting useful images in non off-topic galleries, like creatures, and buildings, and nature?

maniac said:
Do we get reputation or EFD for posting useful images in non off-topic galleries, like creatures, and buildings, and nature?

Not at the moment, im looking into upgrading the gallery with new features, like getting postcount that might reward EFD too. No reputation though, as that is a user input, not something an automated system should handle.

Also other nifty features in the gallery upgrade. Expect the upgrade on upcoming monday.

Last edited:
me thinks not enough reputation being spread around :wise:

DD
:evilking:

Members just have to get used to using it.

Remember, the longer you have been a member, the more posts you got and the more reputation you have yourself, the more reputation points you give with one click. Also how many times a day you are allowed to give reputation will be adjusted as we get more posting members.

It will become faster and faster to gain reputation, the forums are still young.

MindBuster said:
Members just have to get used to using it.

Remember, the longer you have been a member, the more posts you got and the more reputation you have yourself, the more reputation points you give with one click. Also how many times a day you are allowed to give reputation will be adjusted as we get more posting members.

It will become faster and faster to gain reputation, the forums are still young.

Well thought of MB! Very nice

Like I sad before GREAT JOB MB :) I have never liked forums but this one got me hooked up big time :D

Well, for the gallery, MB, you can totally count on me to supply you with various images of creatures, etc.

Whenever I'm not hunting, and not preaching of the artificial diety, I am photographing. Just running around, and taking pictures of everything interesting I encounter. Fanatically, all the time, non-stop.

Is there any way you can see who gave you good or bad reputation ?

Mr Claude said:
Is there any way you can see who gave you good or bad reputation ?

You can see the latest 5 reputations you recieved in your UserCP.

MindBuster said:
You can see the latest 5 reputations you recieved in your UserCP.

Found it , thx :D

MindBuster said:
Also how many times a day you are allowed to give reputation will be adjusted as we get more posting members.

First adjustment made, you can now give reputation 20 times daily instead of 10 times.

MindBuster said:
First adjustment made, you can now give reputation 20 times daily instead of 10 times.

Nice! :)
One question MB.... is the amount of rep you can give out relevant to the amount of rep you have?

Svetlana said:
Nice! :)
One question MB.... is the amount of rep you can give out relevant to the amount of rep you have?

As i mentioned earlier in this thread...

Remember, the longer you have been a member, the more posts you got and the more reputation you have yourself, the more reputation points you give with one click.

The amount of times is equal for everyone, but not the amount of points you give with one click, there the above rules apply.

MindBuster said:
As i mentioned earlier in this thread...

The amount of times is equal for everyone, but not the amount of points you give with one click, there the above rules apply.

Aaaaah! I get it know, finally :dunce:
Cheers

could you post what each level gives you what rank MB?

RexDameon said:
could you post what each level gives you what rank MB?

No, but it's kinda obvious isnt it ;)

MindBuster said:

Yes I think it is....
160-259 Green ;)

Faustian said:
Yes I think it is....
160-259 Green ;)

Off topic..I love your Siggy Faustan...who did it?

I usually have a few when I play sometimes.....lol

MindBuster said:
I thought it was just needed you to confirm hehe

When viewing my Rep. What is a Grey rep, not Green or Red, but Grey...

DD

Darkscorp said:
Off topic..I love your Siggy Faustan...who did it?

I usually have a few when I play sometimes.....lol
Dirk

And I'm pretty sure MB made the rep system from the skill prof standing list :wise:

Devil Doll said:
When viewing my Rep. What is a Grey rep, not Green or Red, but Grey...

DD

I think this is when some1 who does not have much rep themselves (ie from being a newb on the forum) gives you rep :)

Svetlana said:
I think this is when some1 who does not have much rep themselves (ie from being a newb on the forum) gives you rep :)

Yeah, but Neg or Positive? I need to know if I need to lay down the hammer on this n00b or not ;)

DD

Devil Doll said:
Yeah, but Neg or Positive? I need to know if I need to lay down the hammer on this n00b or not ;)

DD

ah- that I do not know.... MB will have to answer :girl:

Umm am I drunk or did I just post to this thread? it's not there now :confused:

Faustian said:
Umm am I drunk or did I just post to this thread? it's not there now :confused:

Yer drunk. You have to scroll up. Things move quickly around here Faust, lol

:D

DD

Back