3.50 ped per week does not give 27-30% ROI

possibilities that it wasn't even the result for a full week, but only since the vu (mentioned above somewhere,

It was for a full week:
The Calypso Land Deed payment was for revenue generated during the 7 day period of November 28 - December 4.

The latest version update added the end-user interface for receiving and tracking payments (PED Flow Center). However, the internal systems which track activity and revenue on the various planets within Entropia have been in place for quite a while, so the tracking of activity and revenue related to Land Deeds was not affected by the version update made last week.

Still, as you point out, a single week is hardly a good indication of how it will be for the coming 2-3 year(s) :)

I am not suggesting that 18% return is bad.
What I am saying is that MindArk made a mistake by raising expectations too high. They should have published the numbers for the last 3 or 6 months for us to look at BEFORE buying deeds.

I am not suggesting that 18% return is bad.
What I am saying is that MindArk made a mistake by raising expectations too high. They should have published the numbers for the last 3 or 6 months for us to look at BEFORE buying deeds.

You cant really say that until the year is over. You're basing the ROI for the year off of one week. MA clearly said 1 year, not 1 week. They also used the word estimated.

You cant really say that until the year is over. You're basing the ROI for the year off of one week. MA clearly said 1 year, not 1 week. They also used the word estimated.

Right. Similar idea than spending 4 PED killing an Atrox, getting 1 PED loot and saying the game is a scam because return is 25%.

BTW, 3.50 PED * 60K shares * 4 = 840K PED of Gross Revenue.
Assuming a global average return from activities of 90%, it means we cycled 8.4M PED last week. Not bad at all. :)

at 18% PER YEAR return in a bit 0ver 4 year you got back what you invested in

if i could put more money in i would

will see what i can do to buy more

Alot of crying about these deeds - Alot of accusing MA/FPC/whatever of this and that.

1. Ppl are broke atm, buying deeds x-max etc. = Low activity
2. As stated by others, some weeks will be low others will be high.

MA made something that allows ppl to gains peds from basicly nothing - So either put up or shut up. Sell the deeds if you are not happy with the return, you can sell for 998peds and still have profit.

I agree on this, many needs money to buy Cristmas gifts and other stuff right now and many use their EU peds to buy land deeds. Wait 2 month at least to see and avarage return.

18% annual return paid on a weekly bases is nothing to be upset over(find me another money market, or mutual fund that has these performance, and all investments have risk, this one is no different). if these payments can hold up on a weekly bases i am in for at least another 20 deeds.

now the question is will other planet partners follow suit to raise capitol and what ipo prices can we expect from those planets???

I agree, it is decent. The problem is one: MA can change anything they want anytime, where a bank is at least backed by organizations (for whatever that is worth heheh)
second: MA charge fee for deposit and fee for W/D. Add this up and it cuts into your 18% a good bit.

I have to say thought 3.5 is way more than i expected to see. The only thing that would really help it go up is if they really do take the investment and advertise and more people come.

All those chanting about how "18% is better than expected", keep in mind MA is going to read this - and say... "80% punters are raving happy with 18%.. why bother giving them the overall 30% we promised?"

All those chanting about how "18% is better than expected", keep in mind MA is going to read this - and say... "80% punters are raving happy with 18%.. why bother giving them the overall 30% we promised?"

and after all cries "land deed suck" MA will give 40% ROI :eyecrazy:

They never promised 30%. They promised "50% of the planet partner Gross Revenue generated by Planet Calypso", meaning they promised 25% of the total revenue of Planet Calypso.

50% Mindark
25% Planet Calypso
25% Deedholders

The 27-30% is just the estimated return based on earlier numbers.

They never did, they said "up to" 27-30% but they promised a fix percentage of Gross Turnover-which we cant proove

Yes we can, since they will publish numbers twice a year which would be illegal to tamper with and therefore not be something they would risk faking.

If you wanna blame anyone for the "poor" return of 18%, then blame the playerbase,
it's afterall that one that creates the revenue... ;)
Maybe EU has too many investors and too few players, in a percentage p.o.v? ;)

Land Area Deeds; The Truth(?)

The community is being robbed!
At least, that part of the community which is thrusting MA and is buying the recently added Calypso Land Deeds!

Calypso Land Deeds (CLD)?!
Well, if I right-click a real Land Area/Mansion/Appartment/Etc, I have the option to "Show on map". With the newly added CLDs, I DON'T!
If this sale of land is a longterm project like any other ingame, then it will probably take xxx years to finish. So how about those 3x3 CLDs to join together and build a house on? Will it take as long as it took my mansion, which I had for 7 years, to develop, only to still not be able to build a shed next to it? Or put some wallpaper on the walls of it?
LAND deed, my ass. Fictual deed, for a longterm with maybe some positive development in the end? Maybe!

ROI(?!)
Return on investment.
Calypso always has been full of investment opportunities, but what has been the ROI, except for some very smart traders. Zip, Nada, Nothing. Ever heard of the term "pyramid scheme"?!
During my 8,5 years in Project Entropia/Entropia Universe/Planet Calypso I never ever dared to use the term "pyramid scheme". I did not want to damage my beloved game. But....
MindArk sells "Calypso Land Deeds" which not even represent actual ingame land. They tell us in the initial newsflash that these deeds generate up till 30% ROI a year (which of course is ridiculous), but deliver only ~17% the very first payment.

No what do YOU think?
Will it be more the next time, or less.
When it is less, do you really believe that it is because of people cycling less because they spend more ped on CLDs?\
Or is it because MA just balances income vs cost and decided that 17% was enough for this month.
Do you actually believe that the payment of last week already has been don over 60.000 CLDs and MA took all that was due to the not-yet-sold CLD?

Do you actullay believe that MA paid the dues from a week of income?
or was it (partially) paid from the revenues of the CLD sales?=pyramid scheme

I think that MA pulled out an amount of money which they could miss because they got lots from the community buying CLDs.
Where is the advertising? Where is the marketing?
I mean, common, not that hard and expensive to have the adverts and commercial movie-flicks ready before the money comes in, only to pay for public display on TV/Radioa/Internet/Game Magazines/Etc right away....

Guys, you are getting screwed. 17% the 1st week, maybe some 15-25% in the weeks after (lot of playtime during the holdidays) and after a while back to very well below 5%.

My thoughts at least, flame me...

mate..do you read anything on forum before you write what you have on your mind? maybe are more threads like this.

mate..do you read anything on forum before you write what you have on your mind? maybe are more threads like this.

Tell me, what should I have read or misunderstood?

Right. Similar idea than spending 4 PED killing an Atrox, getting 1 PED loot and saying the game is a scam because return is 25%.
QFT

Everyone bashes newbies whining about 20% return from 10 ped snable hunts. But as soon as you replace "mob" with "week" people become completely ignorant to the phrase "statistical average".

Protip: When having no faith in MA whatsoever, don't buy items with fat markup.

Anyone who feels they were robbed and wants to offload deeds to get some of their money back please pm me or place them on auction at an appropriate price. I am sure you will have no trouble selling as long as it is less than 1k.

Pretty silly to judge the ROI based on one week but I am happy with around 20% if thats as good as it gets.

That 18% pa return this week represents around 81k usd player generated revenue. I think it can easily get better than that.

Tell me, what should I have read or misunderstood?

first of all...ROI mean return of your investment for an entire year and all the weeks are not egual in profit or in loss. Please wait at least few more weeks before talking about a problem you cant understand. For your information there is no better return at any known bank or country bonds on this planet ..better then 18.2%. Secondly this week was maybe the worst week in entropia history, full of bugs, auction problems, space problems..etc etc..and deff the next weeks will be alot better then this week. So have a litle patience mate.

I see...

I think that you are just an old time player that had to many badloot streaks, thus lost faith in the game.
30% is not redicoulus, im sure you will see this after 1 year.

You have no faith!

i got lots of deeds, and im not feeling ripped of, because i have faith in Mindark and the Entropia platform.

Well, if I right-click a real Land Area/Mansion/Appartment/Etc, I have the option to "Show on map". With the newly added CLDs, I DON'T!

Because the system to claim land has not been added to the game yet. The first release tells you when they expect to have it ready.

MindArk sells "Calypso Land Deeds" which not even represent actual ingame land. They tell us in the initial newsflash that these deeds generate up till 30% ROI a year (which of course is ridiculous), but deliver only ~17% the very first payment.

Notice the keywords here:
Estimated
up to 27-30%

Or is it because MA just balances income vs cost and decided that 17% was enough for this month.

They never said they would pay back 30% they said they will pay back 50% of the planet partner gross revenue, which is 25% of the total revenue of Planet Calypso. If 25% of the total revenue this week only equals 21000USD (3.5PED/deed) they can not exactly pay more or less.

They have promised to publish reports twice a year so you can see it is correctly paid out. Giving false info in these would be illegal and therefore they would risk losing everything if they cheated there, why would they risk that?

Where is the advertising? Where is the marketing?
I mean, common, not that hard and expensive to have the adverts and commercial movie-flicks ready before the money comes in, only to pay for public display on TV/Radioa/Internet/Game Magazines/Etc right away....

I would assume that the first marketing comes sometime after the screenie competition they are holding to get good screenies for advertisement.

Guys, you are getting screwed. 17% the 1st week, maybe some 15-25% in the weeks after (lot of playtime during the holdidays) and after a while back to very well below 5%.

1) Less money spent in game due to Christmas coming soon.
2) Auction has been crippled by several severe bugs.
3) People have been stuck in space.
4) There has been a lot of people do the Sand King events rather than their regular activities which in many cases would bring in more revenue.
5) People have been saving money to buy deeds instead of spending them on generating revenue.
6) You can not base the ROI for an entire year on a single week.

Last edited:
A 26 week retrospecive based on 3.50 Ped

I know there are others saying we need to wait until an actual number of weeks or even a year have paid out and this is fact but there are other ways to glimpse what is going on. Taking the 3.50 Ped paid this week and using to Entropia Tracker we can proportionally tie this value to the total global amount recorded in a week. While there are significant variances in this method it is a good GENERAL indicator of what the CLD payout would have been over the last 25 weeks. To keep it simple I have only used hunting globals from all planet partners.

If this retrospective projection is anywhere close to the actual trend then the average weekly payout over the last 26 weeks would have been an ROI of 23.5%. This data runs from the beginning of June 2011.

retro_cldpro_allhunt.jpg

Disclaimer:
I don't own any CLD.
Please add this thread to you favourites and review after a year from now.

The "18% is better than expected" are more or less all followed by the phrase "For this period" or something similar. It's downtime in Entropia, why do you think they introduced merry mayhem to start with ? To get ppl to play more in December.

bye then, hope you enjoyed it upto now.

i mean, you cant want to stay around, right?

I am far from a Calipso supporter but I need to defend these deeds

<This is coming soon>

ROI(?!)
Return on investment.
So you got a slightly lower ROI on the 1st payment bearing in mine that people with the big wallets have probably spent aload of cash on deeds and probably cut down on this weeks hunting/mining.

This is an estimated ROI "ESTIMATED" after you have the deed for a full year inc all the events then work out what you get back and then if you feel the need to complain feel free to.

This is the 1st payment!

No what do YOU think?
"Now what do you think"

I think you are a 14 YO who has no clue how investments work. OK you get back 3-4 ped per week (Maybe more maybe less) forever and you can still resell it after.

I don't play on calipso and I don't intend to buy deeds but this is a very good offer indeed and if it is launched on other planets I will most certainly invest!

Think and investigate before you speak to save you looking like an idiot.

I know there are others saying we need to wait until an actual number of weeks or even a year have paid out and this is fact but there are other ways to glimpse what is going on. Taking the 3.50 Ped paid this week and using to Entropia Tracker we can proportionally tie this value to the total global amount recorded in a week. While there are significant variances in this method it is a good GENERAL indicator of what the CLD payout would have been over the last 25 weeks. To keep it simple I have only used hunting globals from all planet partners.

If this retrospective projection is anywhere close to the actual trend then the average weekly payout over the last 26 weeks would have been an ROI of 23.5%. This data runs from the beginning of June 2011.

retro_cldpro_allhunt.jpg

Finally some nice work.
Also that peak there that lasted 1-2 weeks... isn't that the Arkadia launch ? so... yea, let's say that instead of that we have our MM or migration events; we thus get a pretty accurate 1/2 year reading.

I'll resume doing my part when they fix oil distribution.

The "Become a Citizen of Planet Calypso" announcement claimed a "potential ROI of 27% - 30%".
3.50 PED per week is only 182 PED per year, which is only 18.2% -- that's substantially less than what was predicted (5.19 to 5.77).
[/I]

So you get 18% revenu of your investment, in a slow week, and you're not happy?
goodluck getting more irl :)

Naomi

P.S. Do you also complain when a most advertised washing powder doesn't get your clothes whiter then white?

It's 1 week, wait until we have a years data to conclude anything imo.

I have to admit that i expected a little more, but 18% in current real world situation isn't to bad at all.

Back