Skill Up Weekends!

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Finally the major upgrade to Entropia Platform has regained stability and are getting close to deliver the Game Experience we want to share with all participants inside the virtual Universe.

We want to show our deepest appreciation to your patience during this more than wobbly week. We will therefore significantly increase the strength and the chance of getting the automatically triggered Skill Bonus introduced in VU 14.3 during the following two weekends.

First Skill Up Weekend starts Thursday 3/10 10.00 UTC and ends Monday 7/10 10.00 UTC.

Second Skill Up Weekend starts Thursday 10/10 10.00 UTC and ends Monday 14/10 10.00 UTC.

The Skill Bonus Buff symbols will be visible in the Dashboard UI, by default in the lower right part of your screen. Hovering over the symbols will show the Type and Strength of the Skill Bonus you will get during the Buff period. The Buff symbols appearance differ by the kind of Skill Buff you have received.

Our latest client patch (14.3.0.2) includes:

Client stability has been improved for both 32 and 64 bit clients
Hit box logic has been greatly updated

Originally Posted Here

Thanks, MA. We've been wanting something like this for a long, long time! :thumbup:

Yeah Responses - keeping us informed and a little bonus - looks like MA is finally getting there

Thanks MA & Devs :)

BTW, does this include the Allo/Esto hitbox problems,
I am having a very hard time attacking allo and especially estos once they are close up to you.

Cheers,
Viper

I am having a very hard time attacking allo and especially estos once they are close up to you.

Cheers,
Viper

It has been greatly improved :)

Count me in! lol

Thanks for the skill up weekends.

May I make a suggestion please.

Can you make the buff last a worthwhile period of time like in other games +1Hour buff.

No need to have a buff for 5 mins that goes off every 30 mins for a person, better to have a buff that goes off once very few hours for an hour so that people skill hard for the hour or play till they get the buff then go nutz for an hour before they break away for rest :)

Plus side also, if they get a buff for an hour,
They maybe low on PED and decide to deposit another 50 bucks to go nutz for an hour!

Thanks,
Viper

Can you make the buff last a worthwhile period of time like in other games +1Hour buff.

No need to have a buff for 5 mins that goes off every 30 mins for a person, better to have a buff that goes off once very few hours for an hour so that people skill hard for the hour or play till they get the buff then go nutz for an hour before they break away for rest :)

Thanks,
Viper

Yes, please, or a different situation....maybe we don;t have mobs in those 5 minutes and thus we loose 2-3 minutes just searching for mobs

Definitely 5 minutes is to low

They maybe low on PED and decide to deposit another 50 bucks to go nutz for an hour!

Thanks,
Viper

Yeah, & then they take a 275 crit & lose it all.. no thx

Can you please share some information on how these skill bonusses get triggered ?

I am not looking for the exact details of how this is programmed, but I do think it wouldn't hurt to share following information with us :

Do we start from scratch each time we log out in building up our chance to get a skill bonus ? Or does the system take any peds spent or time spent or whatever "builds" up the chance to get a skill bonus, from precious log-in sessions into account ?

The reason I ask is the following : When I'm hunting and need to go on a short break (toilet, children calling, wife calling, ...) I usually log out. I could also press T or tp to the nearest tp or outpost and stay online, but then I would have to spend some ME to jump back to my hunting spot when I get back to my computer.
But if you could tell me that logging out, resets the chance to get a skill bonus, I will not log out in the future but just press T.

Any information is appreciated.

The coffers need to be filled up.

Thanks,
Viper

why do i have such a violent reaction to the word buff?
if i wanted to play magical dungeons and dragons MMO i would get a sub to.... oh look what that association does :p

Please consider extending crafting, perhaps mining buffs.

Got one yesterday for 5 mins on tools, frantically went thru to try and get mats to make clicks during the buff and ofc, I didnt get any skill anyhow by the time I got it together and the buff expired.

I wonder if it is considered that the machine, and mining for that matter has a certain rate of fire for skill gain. Hunting is far more effective to get these, as your rate of fire can be very fast with the right tools.

Great gesture though I for one at least appreciate it.

I would more like to see a loot buff.. more as 2k peds gone in 2 weeks. Thats a lot for the level I play.

Cheers,
Viper

Aim at their body and its ok...

what about the non hunters ? and what about the ppl that are not on at Weekends for usual ? ... just saying... not really a fair thingy here :-/

what about the non hunters ? and what about the ppl that are not on at Weekends for usual ? ... just saying... not really a fair thingy here :-/

Cmon mate, ever heard of the concept of sick leave?

It's amazing how low we think of MA over at the forum.
Noone here in their wildest imagination would think,
"Do you think MA will compensate us for this "wobbly" week?"

And if so

"How would they do it"

For 10 years they have continued to surprise us.
And now they did it again.

Win win probably as MA won't lose much offering skills in compensation but we are more than happy.

Now, at last, my amazing lyst areas will come to use.
Hope it will buff my mining skills a bit.

It's amazing how low we think of MA over at the forum.
It is? Ask anyone who's been around for more than a few months, then see how "amazing" it is the view of MA is low.

whoop de fkin do

Like I get why your doing it, its a nice idea but just flawed.

Seriously, I am away both weekends on these dates, I just feel its a bit unfair that I miss out on this and so will many more.

But hey was thinking about quitting anyway, might as well do it now.

Well, I know some people who have had a buff, but I've never actually got 1 yet.

Would also like to know what triggers it, is it ammo spent per minute/30 minutes/hour. Constant shooting in a high dense area? Time online?

Please answer how these are triggered, thanks :)

Nice that it will be easier to get one on those days, but knowing is the question :)

Well, I know some people who have had a buff, but I've never actually got 1 yet.

Would also like to know what triggers it, is it ammo spent per minute/30 minutes/hour. Constant shooting in a high dense area? Time online?

Nice that it will be easier to get one on those days, but knowing is the question :)

I received 8 so far since the update and took screen shots because I wasnt sure what it was.
It seems to be random triggered but every time it was related to the skill I was using at the time.
Normally lasting 5 minutes and skill increase bonus was average 23%

Nice to see, just sucks I'll be on the road both weekends...maybe I can sneak in a little game time on Thurs

seems to be total ped cycled, i get a buff 5-10 mins in length at about 30%-40~% in strength every 1.5-2k~ ped cycled in hunting,however i have not cycled as much as i normally do in the past 2 weeks, i hope to be more conclusive over the next month or so

seems to be total ped cycled, i get a buff 5-10 mins in length at about 30%-40~% in strength every 1.5-2k~ ped cycled in hunting,however i have not cycled as much as i normally do in the past 2 weeks, i hope to be more conclusive over the next month or so

I don't think so since I haven't had any and cycled close to 30k since the VU. Well I actually had one but it was for healing. Yesterday even got a stretch of about 8hrs session of hunting without a crash. Some of this was in team though.

Back