EBN: Raiders of the stolen Egg

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Jermaine Johansson: “You’re watching Entropia Breaking News. I’m your host, Jermaine Johansson. Our regular program has been cancelled in order to bring you a statement from CDF Ground Forces Commander, Brigadier General Yevgeny de Souza. Commander?”

Yevgeny de Souza: “CDF intelligence ops have, together with Calypso’s top experts on robots, developed a plan to find the RX and the Egg.
The key lies in the spatial unit, a component of the robot brain.
The spatial unit stores locations, directions, as well as various protocols related to movement, such as patrol routes. We therefore believe that if the robots have a plan for where to take the Egg, we should be able to find clues in the spatial unit.”

Jermaine: “How can our viewers help?”

Yevgeny de Souza: “They can help by getting us the spatial units. Spatial units have been found on all known robot models, so destroy all the robots you can and loot their spatial units. Spatial units shall be handed in to CDF personnel. Any colonists who hands in a spatial unit will be rewarded with one pair of RX OpTac x1 Gloves.
A CDF soldier will be stationed at Fort Troy to accept both spatial units and incubator parts, and hand out rewards.”

Jermaine: “Thank you, commander. Anything you would like to add before you go?”

Yevgeny de Souza: “Yes. Some incubator parts are still missing. Incubator parts have been recovered when mining, hunting and crafting. There appears to be no pattern in how they were found. Hand in incubator parts to Private Cooper to receive a reward.”

Jermaine: “Commander, before you go: what can you tell us about the objects that are approaching Calypso? Are they like the others that hit Calypso last week?”

Yevgeny de Souza: “What objects?”

Jermaine: “Huge, spherical objects are approaching Calypso from space. They’re big, and they’re fast. We can actually see them with our naked eyes from here at Exodus Space Station. By my estimation they will reach Calypso tomorrow. Has the CDF not detected the objects?”

Yevgeny de Souza: “...
I’m needed elsewhere.
End transmission.”

Jermaine: “Commander? Huh. Interesting.
Well, folks, all I can say is that this reporter certainly envies you who are planetside, who get to fight for our homeworld - and have a chance to get your hands on some of that sweet-looking RX armor!
Happy hunting. Tell ‘em Jermaine sent ya!”

Encrypted Spatial Units Rewards
Encrypted Spatial Unit Alpha - RX OpTac x1 Gloves (M) or (F)
Encrypted Spatial Unit Beta - RX OpTac x1 Gloves (M) or (F)
Encrypted Spatial Unit Omega - RX OpTac x1 Gloves (M) or (F)

Hand in Encrypted Spatial Units and/or incubator parts to Private Cooper at Fort Troy (coordinates: 80534,68309) to receive your reward.

Originally Posted Here

Yevgeny de Souza: “...
I’m needed elsewhere.
End transmission.”
Jermaine: “Commander? Huh. Interesting.
Well, folks, all I can say is that this reporter certainly envies you who are planetside, who get to fight for our homeworld - and have a chance to get your hands on some of that sweet-looking RX armor!
Happy hunting. Tell ‘em Jermaine sent ya!”

:laugh: Love that end bit... nice touch of sarcasm ;)

If you want, me and my pals can kill these big objects before they get to caly.

Give me a shout if you want some real protection.

Jermaine: “Huge, spherical objects are approaching Calypso from space. They’re big, and they’re fast. We can actually see them with our naked eyes from here at Exodus Space Station.
Weed grows strong on Exodus Space station :)

If you want, me and my pals can kill these big objects before they get to caly.

Give me a shout if you want some real protection.

but then MA has no responce to bad loot!

I might actually log in if something happens tomorrow :O

Encrypted Spatial Units Rewards
Encrypted Spatial Unit Alpha - RX OpTac x1 Gloves (M) or (F)
Encrypted Spatial Unit Beta - RX OpTac x1 Gloves (M) or (F)
Encrypted Spatial Unit Omega - RX OpTac x1 Gloves (M) or (F)

Three items to loot... does that mean there are only three full sets of armour to be exchanged?

Three items to loot... does that mean there are only three full sets of armour to be exchanged?

It doesn't say anything about how many Alphas, Betas and Omegas will be dropped.
And I think even 3 sets is too much :)

While I think this is great, and many have a chance to get a bit of nice armor, I wish that the decision had been made to do the armor distribution simliar to previous bot wars (with the PoE).

Iirc, there were 10 sets of PoE handed out in previous years. So, potentially, there could be 10 of each of the incubator parts, and 10 total of the spatial units for a total of 10 sets of armor. (I am NOT affiliated with MA... just doing some guessing here).

Now, I haven't looted one of the parts, required, nor have a visited Private Cooper at Fort Troy. Unless Private Cooper has "been ordered" to only distribute # of the M armor bits and # of the F armor bits, there's potential for there to be incomplete sets.
Example: 8 male avatars get gloves, and 2 female avatars get gloves... but only 6 male avatars get the shins, while 4 female avatars get shins. Right there, 2 complete sets of armors have been eliminated. (based on the theory of 10 sets, with this combo, there will only be 6 full male sets, 2 full female sets) Add in any number of combinations for the other armor bits and you get a possibility, granted a small possibility, that there be ZERO complete sets of the RX armor in game, anywhere, in any combination. (i.e. - 10 male avatars have the incubator part for the helmet, all 10 turn in for the helmet... 10 female avatars have looted all the parts for the harness, and all turn in for harness)

So, if anyone has turned in for an armor bit, were you able to tell if the armor is pre-selected... did you get a choice for M of F armor bit, did it automatically populate the armor bit for your avatar gender, or did you happen to get a bit of armor NOT for your gender. Feedback on this would be lovely.

i am sure the RX units will be back
in some form or other...
at any rate this armor is SICK the stats are god like for pvp not sure i would want 10 sets out there rather only 2-3 complete

We need gunner seats reactivating on privateers and Motherships. Need a CDF repair crew stat, Calyso Dev team fix the gunner seats!!

i am sure the RX units will be back
in some form or other...
at any rate this armor is SICK the stats are god like for pvp not sure i would want 10 sets out there rather only 2-3 complete

OVER RATED! similar to eon imo, call it a nice bot armor :) we are still hanging in the same area of protection, no evolution with this set, it is sad

Stats on RX:

Durability - 4400
Penetration - 44
Impact - 47
Burn - 47
Cut - 11
Shrapnel - 21
Electric - 12

Stats on eon:

Stab - 28
Cut - 28
Impact - 22
Penetration - 52
Shrapnel - 25
Burn - 45
Cold - 5
Acid - 5
Electric - 5

Rx is better for blp attack though

Good job on the NPC for trading in event items MA, much easier for everyone than trying to meet up at set times with Planet Calypso staff.

It doesn't say anything about how many Alphas, Betas and Omegas will be dropped.
And I think even 3 sets is too much :)

Really, why?

I know there's concerns about too many drops causing item devaluation, but I've been trying to buy a fairly strong armour (mixed set, currently mainly angel/mayhem parts) from auction with CLD proceeds. I've not seen a single relevant Helmet or Gloves in auction this year yet. So it's not like there's a flood of uber armour sitting unsold in auction.

I've not seen a single relevant Helmet or Gloves in auction this year yet. So it's not like there's a flood of uber armour sitting unsold in auction.

It's not because of lack of those, but because everyone hold on to their stuff hesitating to sell this cheap, even if they don't need it. And introducing every additional UL item pushes prices one notch down, even for those at very bottom.

I prefer cheap stuff I can buy and use, compared to no stuff available at all. And even then 'cheap' isn't the word I'd use for a virtual armour toy that will cost over $2k once completed.

We need gunner seats reactivating on privateers and Motherships. Need a CDF repair crew stat, Calyso Dev team fix the gunner seats!!

Second that!

Been avoiding posting since I'm not around anymore, but I couldn't resist.

RX Units are robots now? And yes there are other humanoid robots, harbinger, stolen RX technology.

Guess ma conveniently forgot the whole forward development of the story fpc did?

I mean even in the original back story ma wrote the rx was never robots. They have always been biological humanoid android hybrids, built by us to help fight the great first war, then abandoned by CDF when the rx broke from our control for independence. The fpc addition to this was greater detail to the events that caused them to turn their backs and find their own way, and then more recently began to look for new ways to co exsist. This story still exsists ingame through the quests.

The story of this event seems to completely ignore this and seems to be from the pre fpc days, the same old Bs story reused by ma for 10 whole years, 10 whole years and the story still hasn't moved forward. They even got rid of the one guy who tried to fix that and clearly are ignoring his attempts.

Heck even seemed to conveniently forget that ahh the egg came from neverdie buying the egg, lots and lots of plot holes in this story.

That is all, my two pec.

Enjoy the endless robot war

Jon

Edit: ma here's the full history of calypso incase you forgot, both editions of the original back story plus all relavent ingame developments combined, luckily it wasn't lost in the sands of time: http://web.archive.org/web/20120310154426/http://stavepetty.com/historycalypso.html

Last edited:
Been avoiding posting since I'm not around anymore, but I couldn't resist.

RX Units are robots now? And yes there are other humanoid robots, harbinger, stolen RX technology.

Guess ma conveniently forgot the whole forward development of the story fpc did?

Yes. That is pretty much how it is.

Oh, and unlike us, they don't know about The Book of The Machine either.

Back