State of the Universe Address 2015

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2015[/h]

Greetings Entropians,

First of all, everyone here at MindArk would like to extend thanks for your participation and support of Entropia Universe throughout the past year. Our plans for 2015, outlined below, have been designed to provide an increasingly exciting and rewarding real-cash economy gaming experience for you. But first I’d like to briefly review some of the improvements to Entropia Universe that were accomplished in 2014.

2014 Highlights
Social Interface Redesign
Early in the year the chat and messaging interfaces were completely redesigned to improve communication and encourage enhanced social interaction between participants. New features included offline messaging, custom chat channels, avatar profiles, and much more. Subsequent version updates refined the new interface and provided additional features.

Infrastructure & Performance
Ongoing improvements were made to the Entropia Universe platform infrastructure, including hardware and software upgrades and enhanced development tools. Starting late in 2014 and continuing early this year, our development team conducted several stress tests in order to profile performance and identify areas for improvement. Valuable data was gathered from those tests, which will help to improve client and server performance moving forward in 2015.

New Player Experience
Ongoing improvements to the New Player Experience were implemented with every Version Update and partner release during 2014. These efforts will continue to be a top priority during 2015 in order to maximize the marketing efforts of MindArk and the planet partners.

Webshop
MindArk implemented a web-based shop available on EntropiaUniverse.com where participants are able to purchase various items and consumables, including special Starter Packs ideally designed for new participants.

Creature Control System
A fun new feature allowing avatars to assume the form of various creatures was implemented in the form of Creature Control Capsules. This system is also available to planet partners to help enhance storyline events with controllable creatures and NPCs. Capsules for additional creatures will continue to be added in future Version Updates.

Taming
The long awaited return of the taming system was unveiled last fall, sporting new features along
with former functionality. Stable estates were also auctioned during 2014, and will soon provide services and enhancements for pets.

Support
With the closing of MindArk’s office in Mexico during 2014, support operations were relocated back to the Gothenburg headquarters. This change has resulted in a better overall support experience for our customers, with faster response times and much improved support ticket satisfaction ratings.

PVP Improvements
Several improvements to PVP interaction were implemented in 2014, including the disabling of auto-arget functionality in PVP areas. Additional tweaks and improvements are planned for mid-2015.

2015 Roadmap
Taming
The second stage of the Taming system will be implemented in the upcoming Version Update.
Pets will gain passive buffs that can be unlocked at various levels of experience. Stables will gain the ability to offer several new time-limited pet buffs as well. Additional functionality will be added to the Taming system in Version Updates throughout 2015, some of which will be coordinated with the ComPet application.

ComPet Application
Work is progressing well on the design phase of ComPet, which is currently planned for release in Q4 of 2015. The ComPet website will be launched within the next two weeks and will provide ongoing updates and info on the ComPet project.

Citizenship & Housing System
Development of these systems was unfortunately delayed in 2014 due to the critical infrastructure upgrades taking quite a bit more development time than anticipated, along with several other projects receiving higher priority in the second half of 2014 and early 2015. The housing system will be implemented incrementally, starting in mid-2015.

Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order. Along with that rebalancing, additional PVE space content is planned for Q3/Q4 2015.

New Player Experience
As we have done for the past couple of years, MindArk and the planet partners intend to continually improve the experience for new participants, in hopes of better engaging our customers and thereby improving conversion and retention rates and maximizing our marketing efforts.

EU Client
The effort to overhaul and modernize the various user interfaces of the Entropia Universe client will continue in 2015. This is an ongoing project with the goal of unifying and streamlining the many existing user interface elements to improve usability and aesthetics.

Affiliate System
Work is moving forward on the affiliate program mentioned in the State of the Universe Address 2014, though the expected release date has been revised to 2015 due to integration requirements with other planned projects.

Marketing
MindArk plans to continue to expand and refine its marketing efforts in 2015 in order to maximize the number of new participants joining Entropia Universe. As outlined above, our marketing efforts in 2014 were very promising and we plan to become even more aggressive in 2015.

Entropia Platform Third-Party Partners
Companies and organisations around the world now have the opportunity to leverage the Entropia Platform for marketing, promotion, production assistance and training

MindArk is already working closely with several parties that plan to launch services during 2015 that will harness the power and flexibility of the Entropia Universe platform. Details of one of those projects will be announced within the next couple of months. Stay tuned!

Planet Partners
Planet Toulan
MindArk was excited to bring its newest planet online early last year. Though still in its beta release, Planet Toulan promises to bring exposure of Entropia Universe to a previously untapped sector of the online gaming audience and add a unique Arabian theme to the existing planet partner roster. Full release of Planet Toulan is expected mid-2015.

Planet Cyrene
The long-awaited full launch of Planet Cyrene is planned for 2015.

Planet Arkadia
Planet Arkadia did a wonderful job with its content development, marketing, and event management efforts during 2014, and plans to carry that momentum forward into 2015.

Rocktropia
Rocktropia will continue its efforts of implementing popular brands into its content, building on its success with King Kong and other Universal Studios properties.

I hope that all of you are looking forward to the exciting releases coming up in 2015 and that our planned developments help you to enjoy Entropia Universe more than ever before. We at MindArk are committed to continually improving the content, quality and capacity of Entropia Universe in order to offer as enjoyable and exciting a Virtual Real Cash economy experience as possible.

Best regards,

Klas Moreau
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

Im very glad that space is again on the roadmap and look very much forward to june 2015, but lets not forget how long we have been waiting for Space to get some attention again after the following promises:
2012:
To accomodate the increasing number of planets within Entropia Universe and to encourage the growth of local planetary economies, one area that will receive special attention in the coming months is space travel and interplanetary trade. Resources and materials will be rebalanced among the planets in order to enable each planet to develop a thriving and healthy local economy, while at the same time creating opportunities for participants to engage in commerce across multiple planets.
Originally Posted Here
which sadly didnt happen :(

2013 Space was forgotten on the roadmap at first and then after an outkry of the community a promise for space was added:
Somehow the section about space development was inadvertently omitted from the State of the Universe Address. Apologies for any confusion or panic this ommission may have caused. Space is definitely part of our development roadmap for 2013, rest assured.

I have added the following section to the Entropia Universe Buzz article-

Space
In the State of the Universe Address 2012, we mentioned plans for expanding and improving space. Several other projects received higher priority in 2012, resulting in the plans for space development being pushed forward to mid-2013. The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.
which sadly didnt happen either :(

in 2014 then Space was entirely forgotten and noone cared to make any statement about it at all:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/02/25/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2014.xml

2015 now we have this and i want to put some attention on the 'bolded' words compared to previous statements of the past years:

Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order. Along with that rebalancing, additional PVE space content is planned for Q3/Q4 2015.
Originally Posted Here

So the galactic transport system for space is not scheduled for june it will 'likely' be in a version update which is 'planned' to come in june...
There are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships, it doesnt say there will be a refinement of the balancing its just plans and the sentence even end unfinished 'in order'...
PVE content is 'planned' for Q3/Q4 2015 no word of 'development' or 'implementation' which are usually the steps after 'planned balancing' and we know how long it took tamers to get from a 'planned' to a 'developed' to an 'implemented' stage.

I really do hope for the best and that space the contecting layer between all the planets of this universe finally gets the attention it deserves after spaceships have been sold with features and promises already 4 years ago which are still due to happen.
Maybe im overly critical but with mindarks core developers working on compets and calypso running on 'autopilot' with no offical avatars present during events to assure everything runs to 'plan' i really really hope that everything works out as 'officially' planned/scheduled by Mindark.

I would hate to see Space getting shifted to 2016 and again forgotten in that 'State of the Universe' with no 'Community Manager' there to comment about it.

Last edited:

2015 Roadmap
Taming
The second stage of the Taming system will be implemented in the upcoming Version Update.
Pets will gain passive buffs that can be unlocked at various levels of experience. Stables will gain the ability to offer several new time-limited pet buffs as well. Additional functionality will be added to the Taming system in Version Updates throughout 2015, some of which will be coordinated with the ComPet application.

ComPet Application
Work is progressing well on the design phase of ComPet, which is currently planned for release in Q4 of 2015. The ComPet website will be launched within the next two weeks and will provide ongoing updates and info on the ComPet project.

Development of these systems was unfortunately delayed in 2014 due to the critical infrastructure upgrades taking quite a bit more development time than anticipated, along with several other projects receiving higher priority in the second half of 2014 and early 2015. The housing system will be implemented incrementally, starting in mid-2015.

Space

New Player Experience
As we have done for the past couple of years, MindArk and the planet partners intend to continually improve the experience for new participants, in hopes of better engaging our customers and thereby improving conversion and retention rates and maximizing our marketing efforts.

EU Client
The effort to overhaul and modernize the various user interfaces of the Entropia Universe client will continue in 2015. This is an ongoing project with the goal of unifying and streamlining the many existing user interface elements to improve usability and aesthetics.

Affiliate System
Work is moving forward on the affiliate program mentioned in the State of the Universe Address 2014, though the expected release date has been revised to 2015 due to integration requirements with other planned projects.

Marketing
MindArk plans to continue to expand and refine its marketing efforts in 2015 in order to maximize the number of new participants joining Entropia Universe. As outlined above, our marketing efforts in 2014 were very promising and we plan to become even more aggressive in 2015.

Entropia Platform Third-Party Partners
Companies and organisations around the world now have the opportunity to leverage the Entropia Platform for marketing, promotion, production assistance and training

MindArk is already working closely with several parties that plan to launch services during 2015 that will harness the power and flexibility of the Entropia Universe platform. Details of one of those projects will be announced within the next couple of months. Stay tuned!

am i reading that right?
there is no new content for 2015, just expansion on existing stuff?

Did i miss something .. Klas Moreau CEO MindArk PE AB ?

Meh nothing new and exciting but solid and attainable plans are better than fanciful unobtainables.

ETA I'd like to see some developments in taming that reward those who started it back in 2006.

PS When do Stamina, Intelligence and Psych get perks? Got a nice little design for the stamina all put together since years ago...

Reserved I guess as this is still front seat!
Right now I'm still laughing at some things.... not finished yet

So, no immediate change for space in the next vu?
Some additional pet buffs, passive and active maybe.

Meanwhile the galactic transport pool will grow and grow, and people who have bought compet deeds will continue to see no returns for a while. Both of these seem like new examples of nothing new when it comes to MA.

I suppose I do at least support the general direction the road is heading, so thanks for the heads up, whoever you are....

Last edited:
Yay space stuff! :yay:
A lack of commitment on the dates and depths, but I guess that is to be expected, for now I am happy that it is at least on the road map, with expectation dates for the transport missions.

Particularity exciting is the the PVE. Would love to know more about what the plans are here.

I think they are putting most of their efforts into the compat app, Kim is working on it so can't be much happening in eu :D

am i reading that right?
there is no new content for 2015, just expansion on existing stuff?

Finally no more new stuff and focus on improving current stuff. That's the spirit. Get the core sorted out before starting to mess with a complex bugged system.

nice to see the updated SoUA. I do have to laugh though due to the post someone just made regarding the address for 2014 and how almost everything they stated didn't happen. Although they pretty much state that here in this address, it just leaves me with ZERO faith that any of the projected timelines now listed will be reached either.
In my experience here, when they say a timeline... add six months to one year.
But above poster is right, they didn't add a bunch of new crazy things - more like let's get these things from before done. That I believe is possible.
But compets? I don't think we will see in 2015, release of Toulan or Cyrene? nope not that either.

And while we are at it. Sure we did get creature control pills, but why so few???
We got some for halloween, and a couple looted Big Bulks... but that's it??? I expected to see hundreds of these for all kinds of mobs. Pretty disappointing.

Anyhow - here is to 2015 and long live EU!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Im not a space guy but this sounds fun and promising

[h=3]
Support
With the closing of MindArk’s office in Mexico during 2014, support operations were relocated back to the Gothenburg headquarters. This change has resulted in a better overall support experience for our customers, with faster response times and much improved support ticket satisfaction ratings.

Yeah it was super at the beginning, but it's terribly horrific right now:wise:

Next island is no longer a planet partner. Though I'd be curious how one could go about buying the defunct franchise...

So the space rewards are from my auction fees? Or just the auctions that involve planet to planet presumably?

And when they talk about "conversion" of new players? What's that all about? :scratch2:

Anyway, decent state of eu, worth waiting a year for sure :cool:

Reactions: das
Yeah it was super at the beginning, but it's terribly horrific right now:wise:

Honestly in my heart of hearts I beleive that's because we collectively take the piss. It's just not possible they could afford enough staff to answer are stuff in a satisfactory way. All the conspiracy theories and exploiting reports etc. Just my opinion as someone with software support experience

State of the Universe Address 2015

Seriously... We got your 6 million $, now piss off...
OFC not a word about the CRAPnel & expl bp...

GL in 2015 MA, you'll need it :laugh:

EDIT: btw, your timing sucks, was finally planning to play a few hours during the event hoping the ammo rewards would cover some of the lost mu.. say FU to me & I say FU 2

technical director is CEO?? :-D
how many employees left at mindark plz? ^^

Reactions: das
So the space rewards are from my auction fees? Or just the auctions that involve planet to planet presumably?

And when they talk about "conversion" of new players? What's that all about? :scratch2:

Anyway, decent state of eu, worth waiting a year for sure :cool:

Its the planet to planet transport fees that go into the pool. "conversion" means the number of people who click through from a web advert to the EU home page and then go on to create an account. Also known as the conversion rate. Its a measure of how successful a particular advert is.

Conversion of players is bringing them from a free to play to a paid basis. Retention is then keeping those paid players paying on a regular basis.

Common vernacular in the gaming industry these days.

Also they'll be talking about ARPU internally. Thats average revenue per user.

Usually a game company hires a Producer for the title. That producer's primary job is to interact with the community, and manage predetermined assets to drive an increase in ARPU on a month to month basis.

Seriously... We got your 6 million $, now piss off...
OFC not a word about the CRAPnel & expl bp...

Intended fuckups is not the part of State of the Universe, sorry.

No new content announced probably because they've run out of ideas.

Honestly I don't expect to see Compets until 2016, this announcement has put it back by 6-9months and we all know how well MA achieve release targets. The housing systems I'm not expecting until after Compets have launched. As for the pvp improvements my guess it will only be a way to loot offline avatars, we've given them plenty of ideas to improve space but they're still hung up on pvp.

There's alot of ideas they need to implement. Taking a year off of promising new stuff to actually finish some pending projects is probably a good move.

State of the Universe: 2014

PVP - Lots of improvements and enhancements to player vs. player (PVP) combat are planned for the second half of 2014. More information will be made available in a future Entropia Buzz developer notes article.

What happened to this, has it been shelved?

State of the Universe: 2014

What happened to this, has it been shelved?

I think you missed this. Its on the original post.

"PVP Improvements
Several improvements to PVP interaction were implemented in 2014, including the disabling of auto-arget functionality in PVP areas. Additional tweaks and improvements are planned for mid-2015."

I think you missed this. Its on the original post.

"PVP Improvements
Several improvements to PVP interaction were implemented in 2014, including the disabling of auto-arget functionality in PVP areas. Additional tweaks and improvements are planned for mid-2015."

I did :dunce:. I guess I expected "Lots of improvements and enhancements" to be something more substantial than a couple of tweaks or additional tweaks. Sigh.

I like the direction. Fix things first, then move on to new stuff.

Can I add to the fix things first list...... Enable directX 10 and multi GPU please! :beerchug: This will be after other things ofc. ;)

And if you could swing it, directX 11, but you will have add this one yourselves. ;)

Ty for the thread. :)

Well, the housing system is new content and lot of the other stuff too, just because they have talked about it before don't mean it's not a new content when it's launched. But I also think it would be cool to have some surprise new thing. I'm actually surprised they are planing to launch the first stage of the housing system in mid-2015, I thought it would take even longer time.

Back