Developer-Notes--3

There are some valuable pieces of information missing from the post:
* effect and eco impact of adding amps (although this is very obvious)
* effect and eco impact of adding enhancers
* effect and eco impact of adding scopes
* effect and eco impact of adding sights

Exspecially the last three need to be cleared up!!!

Paul

It's really nice to see all the things I've been telling people for years validated :)

... As noted in a thread just a few days back, Entropedia, just like any other end user forum, database, etc. can be corrupted with bad info...

If you have any doubt about the authenticity of the information on Entropedia for an item, the first step is to check the History tab for that item. This will show who changed it, and what the former information was.

If you have reason to believe the update was false or needs verification, clik on the 'Mark' button, which will bring it to Witte's attention. If needed, he can undo all actions by any malicious user.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Notes.

These are important regardless to how some people react to these posts.

They are clearing things up for us, ok yes most of the info if not all on the OP is already known, but it is good they have said it out right, I look forward to seeing the mining and really looking forward to teh crafting one!

We have been bitching and moaning about more communication between us and MA and we are getting it now! So try to stop the moaning, they are not going to give us the way to make millions of ped!

I think this is a great first step from MA and it fills me with a little more hope for the future.

Now all we need is a overhaul of the loot system <3 :))

Oh also my tower is overdue.....

Edit: could we try to postivitily give them advice for future posts, not just tell them how crap they are. Thanks :)

<.;.;.>

Excellent Dev Notes!! :yay:

Good to see that I have been on the correct path for some time.. Now if I could get rewarded for following this path with say... and ATH??!! ;)

Isn't this just a verbose way to say "99% of the weapons in EU are useless"??
(especially all oldschool weapons w/o SIB)

:scratch2:

And what kind of magic is it that i can still lose money hunting puny mobs with a maxed opalo (no armour/fap, ofc)...?

:scratch2:

Did anyone ever tell the devs that you miss much with a 10/10 weapon as with a 3.5/10 weapon?

I was thinking the same; you'd expect there will be less demand for the likes of an as147, mk5 etc.

Now this is a good note release, showing more detailed info in the info section to better show its eco would be great.

Well that is stating the obvious unlike previous dev notes. However following that road kinda leads only to the tt return improvement. What I consider far more important to do well is the MU. Ofc they can't tell hunt this for good MU since the MU would be gone in a day. However mentioning UL items as a good way to avoid MU expenses would've been nice. he he

Although the drop rate does tend to determine the MU it is finally down the players to set it and MA (well Marco at the time I believe) said they do not take MU into account for loot.

Unfortunately they do tend to drop large amounts of the same resource in globals and hofs, but that gets back to the better average tt return that people have been asking for for a long time. Sadly with the way things are and the massive tt values attributed to some L items (by MA, why does a big dps gun have to have a equally massive tt value?) I can't see them dropping the big globals / hofs / aths with increasing the MU on some items.

It may just be me but I've always found that reducing my fire rate increases the chances of hitting, possibly just as a result of the server having more time to register me firing and it being above the minimum time allowed by the system but then I've been tt melee since vu10....

And for all the years that L sib didn't exist and we were forced to use UL weapons with low HA (as all UL weapons max at the same skill level no matter what the dps) were MA raking in the cash due to us missing a lot? ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

DMG/PEC as factor is fine and should be in everyones mind who wants to attend to hunting ofc.

I still would have worded that more towards effective damage of a gun as they decided to let hunters "miss" a creature even if standing direct in front of it...

for instance:

a creature with 10 HP

omegaton m2100 (eff damage 2,78 on average , 1,020 pec per shot)

10HP / 2,78 eff damge = 3,597 shots to kill on average = 3,669 pec to kill on average

emik S30 UL (eff damage =3,48 on average , 1,235 pec per shot)

10HP/ 3,48 eff damage = 2,873 shots to kill on average = 3,548 pec to kill on average

see the emik S30 needs less pec to kill the creature cause it has a higher dmg/pec and its eff damage get more close to the HP of the mob when finish. you dont lose as much pec by last shot.

therefore what they wrote with the update of the weapons info is nice but nothing astonishing they improve anyones situation with ^^.

nice try though to win reputation by making the players feel they gain something from em...

astonishing would be if they would make the exact HP regeneration of a creature into the creatures infobox.

that would improve possibility to calc the eff to kill.

Greets,

Solo

Reactions: Cly
So why where these 10/10 SIB Efficient weapons not avalible before? like before 2007. i guess the system was changed and the customers never told, and probally has happened many times again

[h=3]Developer Notes #3[/h]
Hunting Efficiency Examined

The importance of this cannot be stressed strongly enough.

It is a good idea to avoid excessive armor decay and healing costs when trying to hunt as efficiently as possible.

Originally Posted Here

So why did your nerf the amps? and why have mobs got ridulous health regen now also

Doesnt matter all this shit, if we all become Efficient, they will just change the system to f%$k us all over again

So why did your nerf the amps? and why have mobs got ridulous health regen now also

Doesnt matter all this shit, if we all become Efficient, they will just change the system to f%$k us all over again

I seem to remember quite a lot of the players went :yay: for the regen mobs when they were introduced and shouted down the people who didn't like it as MA were promising more loot and fewer no loots from them.

Agreed I always felt that L was better than that old school stuff. Buying ML or mod merc for 100 ped (for future use at level 100+ hee,hee).

I would like to know if unlimited amps say A104, eamp14, beast or dante etc have a negative effect becasue they are unlimited? I watch hits and sure the amp doesn't add to damage on many hits.

So basically if you're 10/10 hit, fully skilled to use the gun, don't hunt mobs with excessive heals/armour decay...then all you have to worry about is the cycle...which can be arrgghh. So been hunting 10/10 for 6-7 years, have I missed something? argghh the dam/pec equation.

Damage per pec thing is the most interesting though, so dump a beast and get an evil amp? I found that moving up to more damage amps very expensive in the past. Even enhancers I heard using long term can be a bad idea.

TY MA nothing in this one to scare the life out of people (apart from using mega uber gear when not level 100).

Rick

Reactions: das
Would it not have been great if you would have covered mining/crafting as well or is efficiency applicable to hunting alone?

Hunting is the only real important profession as far as MA is concerned evidently... :grumble:

Damage per pec thing is the most interesting though, so dump a beast and get an evil amp? I found that moving up to more damage amps very expensive in the past...

Why on earth would you do that ?

A Beast amp has damage/pec of 4.352, Evil has 4.022. ie Beast is way more eco than Evil.

Reactions: das
So why where these 10/10 SIB Efficient weapons not avalible before? like before 2007. i guess the system was changed and the customers never told, and probally has happened many times again

There were at least in times evident (large) changes in mining. It is MA job to balance the game.

:wtg:

That is all.

Hmm I wonder why, since 2010, my efficiency went down hill ? :scratch2:
Oh well...

Last edited:
If I give back all the loots i got with unmaxxed tools/weps, will I get reimbursed for my losses while using maxxed ones?

Also note that their post doesn't mention profit. Imho, playing eco doesn't mean you'll win, it means you'll lose slower.

Last edited:
SO why my TT return is under 70% with : 0% to 3% defensive cost and 2,981 dmg/pec ? fake fake and fake.

SO why my TT return is under 70% with : 0% to 3% defensive cost and 2,981 dmg/pec ? fake fake and fake.

Either back it up with legit logs or I'll have to say the same about your claims.

SO why my TT return is under 70% with : 0% to 3% defensive cost and 2,981 dmg/pec ?

Ummmm, because you're bad at math?

@ Developer notes, yes no surprises here. It is encouraging to know that the general community consensus was correct.

The way I understand from the Dev Notes 3 when it comes to hunting the factors that contribute to efficiency are as fallows:

Hit ability > dmg/pec > maxed damage > low armor/fap decay

Sticky Developer Notes

Hi,

would someone please sticky the developer notes threads?

Cheers,

Perry

Hunting is the only real important profession as far as MA is concerned evidently... :grumble:

Again, the OP says that mining and crafting efficency notes will come later :wise:

Post level and outfit and what you hunted and I tell you why (although I already suspect someone forgot to to enter his skills on Entropedia and thought he was eco)

Some of the old school weapons need SIB on them tbqh, the fact you need 10/10HA to use A&P Series Brave is utterly ludicrous....

Shoot mobs to kill them :wise: . Awesome Dev note , thx MA.

Back