Top 10 Miners

Windswept

Guardian
Society
SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
Windswept Winds Tundra
So i see forum posts on who is the top 100 avatars.. based on skills and such. Which is cool and all. Hunting is so much easier to measure a who is better and what not. Then there is Mining...

Who are the top 10 miners at this time. I can mention some myself that i think probably sit on a vast amount of experience (no pun intended).

So if you have a recommendation at least list the name here and a couple reasons why you think they are or should be in the top 10. (i dont want to hear things like he is ubah he has an ATH but no other recorded info from him or her).

Thanks for your help.

i'll have to go for one of the obvious ones...

Strakken

Wont you need the top 50, or are you starting with just 10?

top skillwise? Knowledgewise? Profitwise?

Posted via Mobile Device

oops double post

Well skil doesnt equate knowledge and profit doesnt equate skills. This is why i am asking i dont think there really is a way to determine who the best miner is except by something measurable. I have my streaks where i am active and when i am i do well enough. We cant base too much off of entropia tracker because it only shows the ends not the means. So a miner that has found 100k in minerals may not be so hot after all because it cost him 120k to find it.

Oh im not putting this list together to try and find the top 50 miniers to put my idea into play.. im actually looking for people that may be willing to sit down and chat a little in game or share their experiences.

Most of the people that are eing mentioned about being top miners also seem to be better crafters. Except for Strakken.

Since i dont think skill necesarily means your a top ten miner i will name a few. I will not mention any skillbased ones at all, only those i know have knowledge or some knowledge on the system and how it works.

Windswept, well great knowledge there.

Silver di avlo due to how much research he has done in the past.

Seamaster also has a vast knowledge although i rarely see him any more.

Teranoz, old old miner.

I wont mention myself as that would just make ppl disrupt this thread, although i got a pm recently saying i was probaly the person with the best understanding of the entire system :p:) ( i will be so bashed for that but hey it wasnt i who said it)
Most ppl i mentioned are from upc :)

Why no squall or strakkan or such? well i frankly has no idea how much knowledge they actually have of the system itself. To my knowledge they just mine a lot and know where to find stuff. They might know more but they sure never mentioned it :)

Edit again.. and winds check ur darn pm's :p

well you can chat to most ppl in relics, tgp, obissian order - in last one Kosmos and popfuzz definately got my votes.

Posted via Mobile Device

well you can chat to most ppl in relics, tgp, obissian order - in last one Kosmos and popfuzz definately got my votes.

Posted via Mobile Device

yeah Id have to second that. Adding them to recent growth to that level of play, experience, and production.

Ok so now i would love to see each of those miners come here and have an honest open discussion about returns, success, investmetns and such. See what i am trying to get at is what methods have proved to be the most stable for mining.

1. Sticking to the same area - minimize loss with exploring

2. Multiple detectors same location

3.time based

4. Throw ped at it.. deposit 10k dollars in game buy as many skills as posible get an expensive detector ad carpet bomb CND with OA105(UL) until they hit something big.. rinse and repeat

5. mine on a particular continent or planet on a given day (see time based)

6. target only extremely high markup ore spawns to make money.

7. mine based on orders only.

8. cheat off other miners lol..

My definition of "best miner", from my own perspective, is whoever has the best profit:time ratio. For me, mining is just to profit, there's not much fun in it (big loots are fun, but mostly because it means profit). I think most miners would stop if it wasn't profitable or profitability seemed attainable in the near future (or you can break even while waiting for a big one). Only gamblers would be left. I sometimes doubt MA understands this with their apparent efforts to nerf markups.

Ok so now i would love to see each of those miners come here and have an honest open discussion about returns, success, investmetns and such. See what i am trying to get at is what methods have proved to be the most stable for mining.

1. Sticking to the same area - minimize loss with exploring

2. Multiple detectors same location

3.time based

4. Throw ped at it.. deposit 10k dollars in game buy as many skills as posible get an expensive detector ad carpet bomb CND with OA105(UL) until they hit something big.. rinse and repeat

5. mine on a particular continent or planet on a given day (see time based)

6. target only extremely high markup ore spawns to make money.

7. mine based on orders only.

8. cheat off other miners lol..

For me it has been to use my timer app and be in the proper area see http://www.magnussoderberg.com/EU/timer however this has now changed again. As for multiple detectors (there is one part i dissagree with your so far winds) is that use the one with the most asd as proven by upc miners. Using a finder (in the same area) with a better asd gives a higher chance to get the rarer ores/enmatters in that area. Although the difference is kinda small i think.

Posted via Mobile Device

yeah Id have to second that. Adding them to recent growth to that level of play, experience, and production.

flattering to put my name up for grabs but anyone can go buy amps and do 1200 to 1500 drops in a day consistantly and spam globals and hofs. truely top end miners are the ones that understand the following:

1. how the loot system works

2. spawn times

3 spawn location

4. when and when to use what tools (finders/ amps)

5. profits?

6. knows when and when not to sell loot.

there are probably more criteria that is left out I wish I personally had more knowledge of areas and went into more aspects of mining, but one thing I do know if it works do it again, and again, and again.

oh and if i was going to throw some names out i would go towards squall, robin gripper planet, pretty much most of relics, and moonbitter.
kosmos

heh give me 10 miners skills form lvl 10 prospecting to 60 prospecting.. Ill choose the tools, locations , and times and we will take 1 week all use same amount of ped, track the data and see what we can come up with.. honestly it should be a month not a week but patience is limited. I get that together and i thik my modl for success can be proven... im not saying that any individual miner will get rich but i think as a whole we will see some interesting results.

oh here is another tidbit that i have seen for years. and its a dead giveaway that the loot is controled manually and automatically. The day before maybe even 2 before a VU the loot system starts to shut down. Then right after a VU its back on.. you can actually see that the system can be shut of and over time the amount of ped available slowly drifts to close to nothing. This has been a complaint for years. Then its all reset and ores that werent hitting for weeks start hitting again.. i mean cmon this last little VU update before that Niks didnt hit at all then bam! update and 30k of Niks drops in the first 24-36 hours.

Thats why they dont tell us when an update is coming exactly because people would stop putting ped in until the restart. However you know its coing when it dies down considerably..

food for thought

There's one avatar that is like chuck norris of miners.
He alone takes all 10 positions,
his name is strakkan;)

Ok so now i would love to see each of those miners come here and have an honest open discussion about returns, success, investmetns and such.

a bit over 1,5 year with this avatar, 150 euros deposit and have ~55-60k peds with skills atm. Though all profit isnt from mining, but most is.

1. xXSqUaLLXx
2. Maronele Thunder Analytic Analina
3. Queen Kerrigan of Blades

They sure know how to do it.

a bit over 1,5 year with this avatar, 150 euros deposit and have ~55-60k peds with skills atm. Though all profit isnt from mining, but most is.

I know a guy, I was in soc with him...I will not tell his name ...1 year ago... made 60k ped profit in 6 months maybe more... but came vu10 and mining turned bad for him... so for me thats the best miner... he got 2 towers.. 1 17kbelk and 1 10kblaus... as a non depo. he mainly used OF-105 with OA-103 on Calypso...

he still plays but not like before...

gl

For me it has been to use my timer app and be in the proper area see http://www.magnussoderberg.com/EU/timer however this has now changed again. As for multiple detectors (there is one part i dissagree with your so far winds) is that use the one with the most asd as proven by upc miners. Using a finder (in the same area) with a better asd gives a higher chance to get the rarer ores/enmatters in that area. Although the difference is kinda small i think.

I disagree. There are areas where you will only find stuff at certain depths and you need the right finder for it. The may mean a beginner finder. Yes, the stuff there probably won't be rare, but you aren't going to find a damn thing looking 800 meters down. Mining is three dimensional. (Unless you believe the time theories).

I'd consider my old MMI Soc leader Jack Scudd Samuels a great miner! Many towers, many good times. Hasn't played very much since VU10, and I am sad about that. :(

Squall for me personally would take the 1st place, KosmosZ for the knowledge he's aqcuired so fast, and becoming efficient on his mining/craft choices, Windswept, can't say much for others.

PS: Accepting any and all donations in form of mining formulas, locations, timing, timing between bombs, and so on, feel free to PM me :D

Anyone who has figured out the system and consistently averages more than 100% tt return has my vote.

My vote is for kubroz and viginti (before he got addicted to ma-109's)

both these players kept logs which are viewable in the mining section which are currently in the plus. They may not have the turnover that some of the other miners have but they definatley have knowledge and skill to turn the profits.

I vote for squall cause hes uber knowledge skill and return wise.
I vote Slither cause he negative deposits.
I vote Kosmosz cause he took all my lessons well and now mines more then I do and he nagative deposits lol

Really anyone who can withdrawal regularly, and play as hardcore as they can is a top miner to me.

If you looking for knowledge on mining just read my theory thread, really tells you the basis for all you need to know to mine well.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/183344-popfuzzs-mining-theorys.html

And as for worst 10 Miners I nominate Legion for chatting about how much he knows and his so awesome mining theory's then complaining about all the money he has lost.

i am vote for whoever is holding the unlimited amps and using em like an addict. :D

Strakkan due to ingame time, returns (check avarage global size on tracker) and awesomeness.

Travolta crazy mining dude.

Akraton is only third because he mines CND blaa... (even tho he properly has the largest amount of skills in mining)

Forum miners and wannabe's doesnt count in my world. 10 runs with 110% returns proves sht to me... Dedication is the key.

And Squall is the jack of all trades, he does good in what ever he does, but that does not make him count in my mining list as top miner just because he did that solely for 2 years, more people dropped as many bombs as him, but didnt do them with 105 amp on CND.

If more was to be mentioned, then in no specific order.
MysterLV
Una (even tho CND)
Queen Kerrigan (even tho CND)

Might add a few more later.

Oh and sold avatar's i dont count in either, becuase might have been 3 people mining with it through time, so -for stamina.

Back