Entropedia v2

This is great news!

Thank you krogfan and 711!

:thumbup:

Awesome job, TYVM!

DRM

weve added the possibility to include enhancers in your calculation and allso the new modern buffs from rings and pills or whatever youre using at the moment.

//Linz

Nice, thanks for this.

I'm still hitting the old site. Any way to flush my cache?

Open cmd.exe, (may need to run as admin) then:
ipconfig /flushdns

Usually that is all that's needed, but if still having trouble do it again, then the following in this order:
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Now try again, should be all good.

ipconfig /flushdns

Usually that is all that's needed, but if still having trouble do it again, then the following in this order:
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

JohnCapital will then have full access to your bank account details....

(just kidding :silly2: )

thx for doing this guys. but please remove the background pic; it was much better with a nice clean background.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Thanks,butbvg

Thanks but I asked this after Googling. Needless to say, the first commands didn't help. Going directly to the IP did, though.

I just realized the menu text is hard to read. I think it should be white due to the background. Anyone agree?

thx for doing this guys. but please remove the background pic; it was much better with a nice clean background.

You can choose from many different backgrounds or just the plain one old pedia had.

Cheers
/Soko

You can choose from many different backgrounds or just the plain one old pedia had.

Cheers
/Soko

But that means I have to login every time i go to the site, which is a pain. The auto login doesn't work (never has). Please set the default background to white.

yeah background is so irritating :eyecrazy:

But that means I have to login every time i go to the site, which is a pain. The auto login doesn't work (never has). Please set the default background to white.

Seems I will have to try and fix the autologin too ;)

Perhaps i am missing something, but what exactly is the issue with the current background? I can see the menus just fine and am colorblind to green (maybe that is why I can see it lol?)

Perhaps i am missing something, but what exactly is the issue with the current background? I can see the menus just fine and am colorblind to green (maybe that is why I can see it lol?)

The issue is that the background is kindda affecting the ability to read the menu and the words that it contains.

(Green and black words over a dark, green, leafy background doesn't quite go well with each other.)

However, I think a simple tweak of the opacity would ought to do the job. Just up it a bit such that the background doesn't interfere too much.

:laugh:

The issue is that the background is kindda affecting the ability to read the menu and the words that it contains.

(Green and black words over a dark, green, leafy background doesn't quite go well with each other.)

However, I think a simple tweak of the opacity would ought to do the job. Just up it a bit such that the background doesn't interfere too much.

Hrmm, must be my color blindness then since i can see it clear as day. Oh well, tweak it as you must.

My issue is the damned login, registered again yesterday when you sent met he link Joda and it refuses to accept my login info now and causes an error if i ask for a password reset (just like with the old page)

i see this :)

2016-11-26
Old Entropedia style added , you can choose it by going to Accounts , and choosing "Old Entropedia" in Styles

2016-11-26
Autologin problems fixed.

Thank you very much for your efforts and your time.

It's fun again to just browse Entropedia :)

I agree about the background, plain without graphics as default would be preferred. But is not the most important thing at this stage.

I'd like to ask about the password handling. It seems https protocol is not activated, and it would be cool to know how the password is stored internally (plain or hashed).

Started adding mission info mainly for Arkadia and Next Island, Cyrene a few patches and will continue on and off a bit where nobody beats me to it.

2016-11-26
Autologin problems fixed.

No, still broken :(

I only stay logged in the current browser. Once I close browser i'm not logged in anymore.

I agree about the background, plain without graphics as default would be preferred. But is not the most important thing at this stage.

I'd like to ask about the password handling. It seems https protocol is not activated, and it would be cool to know how the password is stored internally (plain or hashed).

Started adding mission info mainly for Arkadia and Next Island, Cyrene a few patches and will continue on and off a bit where nobody beats me to it.

all passwords is is stored using one way encryption type. Https protocol is not used but our programmers will implement it in near future.

old entropedia style is working bychoosing it in styles where accounts.

//mg

Reactions: San
Well done to everyone who worked on this and many thanks for giving Entropedia CPR :)

Dirk

Updated basemap for rocktropia.

Found out that every location marker (tp, revival point) is missing in every map.

2016-11-26
Added New (non SIB) Weapons Hit/Crit calculation in Weapon Compare 2 and Weapon Compare
Please test

Great thing you guys are doing here.

The lack of a properly functioning and updated wiki has pushed many new players away from EU I'm sure.

Thank you Joda and Linzy I am sure taking on this task has not been easy, but i am so glad that such dedicated players has taken on this project. Love or hate them they certainly are two players who have spent a awful lot of time and money in this game and therefore Have more knowledge of this game than most. Also they understand the importance on entropedia has for the community.

Autologin works for me (using Chrome). I didn't even have to log into the current site, the old cookie worked just fine.

I might even start updating again. (Stopped a few months ago when the number of 'community organizers' telling others how they're doing "far too little" exceeded the number of people actually updating Entropedia.)

Could you please remove the timeout on login, or at least extend it.

damn, really lame that it got rolled back like ten days though, do you guys by any chance have a snapshot of the db from the day before it was moved to the new host?

feeling a bit bummed about having lost a week or more's worth of edits here and there but great work anyways, i'm sure the whole community will be happy to have a quicker and more stable entropedia :)

Back