Do you think accounts are created to exploit the loot system?

Do you think accounts are created to "exploit" the loot system?

• Yes.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • No.

Votes: 70 42.7%
  • Maybe, but I do hope MA/FPC do anything to track down real multiplers.

Votes: 45 27.4%

• Total voters
I`m afraid the thread starter might be right and there`s a big noob luck bonus involved. I could give many examples. Noob avi kills a mob, first global is big hof. Statistically the chances for some noob players to hit such big hofs are close to zero vs hardcore players with hundreds of globals but not even 1 k hof. In the last 2 years, I `ve never managed to get hof in 2 -3years over 1k in solo hunting, and we months where I hunted really hardcore with lots of globals. I was among top 10 few months back even when camping on formiaciada. Overall went very bad. Ofc you start to wonder when you see a 2weeks noob soc mate that hits 10k argo hof on his first round of breer m1 hunting on argos.
However beside the noob thing, i`ve noticed an inactivity luck bonus. Players that take few months break, start getting wild for 1-2days and bang fat ass hof 25k. Happened like that in our soc, 2 big atrox hof for this inactivity scenario.
Other people like Pham noticed same pattern. He actually was saying that no matter what he does, he can`t get a hof anymore. He said after he started playing with noob avi, loot started to be way better.
Ofc I think old players can ath and hof, just it`s way harder for them as luck modifiers are applied to others. Business wise would make sense to have such a system in place. Would help the new players get addicted and the inactive ones to get back to the game. Few of you who played RPGs like Diablo2, probably remember that certain items gave luck bonuses, chance to find more rare items `n stuff like that. In other words, a system meant to work with luck modifiers such as these would be very easy to set up.

P.S: Poll needs another option. I don`t care if people make accounts to get luck modifier. If such modifiers exist we should know about them at least or MA have them removed.

Fail :)
I knew i recognized your name. 1 year and 10 months ago you hit a 25k? thorifoid elder hof. And that one felt since i had been camping the temple for months. And i had been playing for nearly 4 years at that time too. Reckon you were fairly new then? So that hof burned a hole in me lol.

Fail :)
I knew i recognized your name. 1 year and 10 months ago you hit a 25k? thorifoid elder hof. And that one felt since i had been camping the temple for months. And i had been playing for nearly 4 years at that time too. Reckon you were fairly new then? So that hof burned a hole in me lol.

I wasn`t fairly new at all when that happend. Was in 2 top 50 socs actually before I got that hof. Was hunting with jungle+evil at the time. Sorry to let you down.:)

I wasn`t fairly new at all when that happend. Was in 2 top 50 socs actually before I got that hof. Was hunting with jungle+evil at the time. Sorry to let you down.:)

So that you, one of the members of a soc in the top 50 in skills, get a Huge loot when a "noob" didnt, dont seem to disprove the theory?

So that you, one of the members of a soc in the top 50 in skills, get a Huge loot when a "noob" didnt, dont seem to disprove the theory?
Check my previous post. I didn`t say getting a big loot was impossible, would hardly call 25k huge, maybe 50k or 200k. I`ve said noobs could way easier get one than a normal player, due to a an increased luck modifier.

P.S: This is based ofc on some observations. It`s mostly empirical data gathered by some players. I`m not 100% convinced it is so but there`s a good chance it might be.

Last edited:

Beeing in a top 50 soc doesn't say much really. You could still be a newcomer. But i'm not questioning that anyway.. :cool:

Check my previous post. I didn`t say getting a big loot was impossible, would hardly call 25k huge, maybe 50k or 200k. I`ve said noobs could way easier get one than a normal player, due to a an increased luck modifier.

P.S: This is based ofc on some observations. It`s mostly empirical data gathered by some players. I`m not 100% convinced it is so but there`s a good chance it might be.

I call 25K huge.
Says the man who never got a hof above 800 ped in 7 years and is a Safaraian..
And ive been noob too.. didnt get the good loot then either
so yes, 25K is huge and you are a lucky son of a bitch :D

Could you define 'many' ... presumably, to make it of any relevance whatsoever, you must mean 'many' in relation to every loot ever received by all players throughout the history of PE/EU so I am guessing you are talking literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of examples you have. I'm impressed.

If however you actually mean a handful of examples you happened upon occasionally throughout your PE/EU career that stuck in your mind for the very fact that they were unusual then surely by definition they actually serve to disprove, not prove, your point!

Slappy

Good point Slappy.

Also, interestingly I thought there may be some glimmer of truth in what Mikass and the thread starter were saying so I started googling and noticed today that Tim and Bob are the luckiest names to have if you enter the Iowa State Lottery. Mind you a company spokesman insists in the interview that they don't apply a luck modifier based on names ... what a liar, this is clearly a conspiracy after all 33 winners since 1985 were called Bob and two of the top prizes were won by guys called Tim. Irrefutable evidence of a cover-up and a clear system of awarding prizes based on the name of entrants. Seriously, these people must think we can't spot their little tricks. Good work on uncovering another such cover-up.

:laugh:

Last edited:
Beeing in a top 50 soc doesn't say much really. You could still be a newcomer. But i'm not questioning that anyway.. :cool:

Ok. I had Combat sense and stuff unlocked at that time and I`m playing since VU 6.7(VU when "no loots" were introduced?).

i got better luck when i started than when i do now.

two of my friends got better luck when they started than later.

my brother got better luck when he started than he does now.

i think i should make a new account. :scratch2:

Oh my mistake, it's definitely true then. ;)

Check the words I've put in bold and then count how much uncertainty that must add up to.

Well I might be right because some observations by some players and its mostly correct I think so its a good chance it might be right maybe.

And 25k is 20 times what I've ever got and I've played since -03 (not too actively maybe).

Yup proven beyond doubt :yay:

And 25k is 20 times what I've ever got and I've played since -03 (not too actively maybe).

Did you happen to lose 2k ped in 1 round of hunting? Or did you happen to burn 300 104 amps on cnd in 1 month? I did that. I`ve got thousands of globals, during 6year or more. I did get that 25k hof. It`s all about the turnover ofc. Problem is some avatars are extremely lucky judging by the turnover. How many years you`ve played or how much skills you have is not that relevant. Most people could tell you that. 1 player could make up in 1 month of hardcore hunting with good gun 3 years of casual gameplay with medium gun, in terms of turnover. You have exactly zero proof to contradict me. I`d say it`s a tie in terms of evidence. I have way 2 many posts in this thread. I `ll let others join in if they feel like it. Over `n out.

Did you happen to lose 2k ped in 1 round of hunting? Or did you happen to burn 300 104 amps on cnd in 1 month? I did that. I`ve got thousands of globals, during 6year or more. I did get that 25k hof. It`s all about the turnover ofc. Problem is some avatars are extremely lucky judging by the turnover. How many years you`ve played or how much skills you have is not that relevant. Most people could tell you that. 1 player could make up in 1 month of hardcore hunting with good gun 3 years of casual gameplay with medium gun, in terms of turnover. You have exactly zero proof to contradict me. I`d say it`s a tie in terms of evidence. I have way 2 many posts in this thread. I `ll let others join in if they feel like it. Over `n out.

You started by saying there was possibly/probably/in your experience a luck modifier based on age of avatar or inactivity and now you are saying:
How many years you`ve played or how much skills you have is not that relevant.
I'm confused.

I think its also a generally held rule of thumb that you really can't come up with a theory, outline it, provide zero substantive evidence to back it up, contradict it yourself and then put the burden of proof on others to disprove it. :laugh:

Last edited:
I was one of the noobs that got an HOF early on in the game. Not that big but was 659 PED. My buddy got a gbl of about 70 ped. We were hunting together but not as a team. We didn't even know what a gbl was and he didn't have sound at the time and so he didn't even hear the horns.

After that HOF of mine and his gbl it was like 3 or 4 months before either of use got anything more like that. Then I had a real good 3 0r 4 months of gbls and small HOFs.

Another the good 3 months then 3 months of nothing. It was so bad that I mostly sweat/killed and didn't depo of 3 months. I figured why should I as I am not getting anything anyway. BTW when I was having the good run I depoed more than ever to get bigger guns and chip up to get to bigger mobs.

I started to get "Lucky" again during the triple skills and it has been ok since then. Nothing great but a little now and then.

My point, and reason for the long post, is I just think is all a matter of luck and it comes in cycles. I don't however dismiss the theory that a lot of noobs may have a luck factor to get the hook set. That would make good business sense but after a short time I think you are on your own.

You can't come up with a theory, outline it, provide zero substantive evidence to back it up and then put the burden of proof on others to disprove it. :laugh:

My point exactly:wtg: +rep

Ok. I had Combat sense and stuff unlocked at that time and I`m playing since VU 6.7(VU when "no loots" were introduced?).

Borderline new. :cool:

Lies!! :)
You started VU 6.7 you said. That would be december 04 or January 05? :scratch2:
So make that 4 years. :cool:

I'll go away now. :silly2:

Yes there is great liers :) very funny. I voted first option of course.

You started by saying there was possibly/probably/in your experience a luck modifier based on age of avatar or inactivity and now you are saying:

I'm confused.

I think its also a generally held rule of thumb that you really can't come up with a theory, outline it, provide zero substantive evidence to back it up, contradict it yourself and then put the burden of proof on others to disprove it. :laugh:

There`s no contradiction there. My point was one hardcore hunter could compensate in one month 3 years of casual game play. Problem is a noob is hardly a hardcore hunter, having the uber guns and skills to use them, thus would be hard for a normal noob to generate the turnover necessary to get hofs THAT fast .

Last edited:
would be hard for a normal noob to generate the turnover necessary to get hofs THAT fast .

Exactly.
And you know what? It is even much harder.
I have mentored many many noob players over the years, disciples and good friends without discipleship, and none of them ever ubered. Some profited a little by having nice globals but nothing fancy.
some did well some did not so good..

And indeed some of them deposited way over their head to buy bigger gear, chip in a litlle and in a few weeks hunted hardcore mobs 8 hours a day..:eek:
And even they with big turnovers as noobs didnt manage to uberhof..
So from my own limited observations I say "nay, its not an MA policy to give noobs the edge".

Methinks

Yes, but No

To OP's original question:

Yes, I'm sure some people are superstitious/confused/misinformed/stupid enough to create new avatars in an attempt to hit it big.

No, this is not a scam because it doesn't work. Of the thousands of new avatars, of course a few hit big, but the vast majority of big hits go to a much smaller number of players. Active player with skills and gear, players who cycle peds and log long hours.

So, yes, but no. (unless you have thousands of screenies to prove otherwise)

:beerchug:

Miles

i'm still confused ? is it just me ?

I knew I shouldnt have started on crack, its so mourish

I'm with you man. I can't even get past the first page of this thread. I'm sure we'd all like to be the one to figure out a predictable outcome of our actions and rake in the PEDs, but I have no idea how creating multiple accounts could benefit anyoen but MA.

And by the way I'm convinced the developer's have done a fine job at ensuring the dynamics of EU and now spend my time enjoying myself rather than concocting useless theories.

People in the game have expressed a "believe" to me, after I graduated a comment was made "well Tbone no more Globals for you", because I Global-ed first night out teamed up with my mentor. Also that you don't do as well mining after you develop some skills, the implication being the game is tilted to let noobs fun some fun before they get hooked. I personally think it's all a virtual urban legion, the only real use for an extra player that I can see, other than getting some mentor points and a 0% mentor gift:confused: is to shill bid action items...TB

There are mad clowns everywhere :D

mad_clown.jpg

Probably for a futile attempt at such as you have mentioned in the OP with 0 success, even if they believe they have :D

I can just see MA laughing their arse off at such loot exploit claims.
(They take peoples' intentions to exploit very seriously, though it is funny when people believe new avatars are lucky and/or have advantages over any other avatars)

I bet they have a dropdown list for account closure for such occurances along the lines of : Blind sheep looking for greener pastures.

And for many other reasons, such as fraud attempts, money washing attempts etc. MindArk is very quick to identify and lock any such accounts with the monitoring and financial security tools at hand.

Last edited:
i say for big hof you have to be at the right place at the right time

there is a mob running around whit a 20 k loot ho the one that going to find it

if a noob is strong anouf to kill it he deserve it

im a noob on a way im only 9 month old got a 18k loot but i did depo alot

i have 120 k in skills

dont hunt less change of getting a good hof than one that there hunting alot

but it also alot of luck to hit the big one

could some explain dynamic system for me what they mean by that

Also many players will help the Noobs, by buying their Sweat more often then others, or trading looted guns and armor for around TT value for it. The difference would be so trivial I don't believe anyone would go though all that trouble, it's called "begging" I believe but personally, I say if their that hard up for a few Peds have at it. I say anyone who as invested to much into one avatar, would not risk getting their account locked for such a stupid reason, unless it already happened and that's the only way they can play...TB:scratch2:

I'm with you man. I can't even get past the first page of this thread. I'm sure we'd all like to be the one to figure out a predictable outcome of our actions and rake in the PEDs, but I have no idea how creating multiple accounts could benefit anyoen but MA.

And by the way I'm convinced the developer's have done a fine job at ensuring the dynamics of EU and now spend my time enjoying myself rather than concocting useless theories.

I'm with you....:scratch2:

My avatar is broken, I still receive the noob bonus :yay: or... maybe I am just still a noob :mad:

i say for big hof you have to be at the right place at the right time

there is a mob running around whit a 20 k loot ho the one that going to find it

if a noob is strong anouf to kill it he deserve it

im a noob on a way im only 9 month old got a 18k loot but i did depo alot

i have 120 k in skills

dont hunt less change of getting a good hof than one that there hunting alot

but it also alot of luck to hit the big one

could some explain dynamic system for me what they mean by that

Grats to the 18Ker!

I wouldn't say that anyone who have aquired 120K in total skills is a noob though.
At least not by the definition of this poll that new "noob" accounts get more loot then others.
For such an account to be counted as a noob one I dont think they can have aquired much skill at all.

Yes it's allot of luck in finding a large loot. Allot of luck any finding loot at all.

Dynamic in the sense of EU means that MA will always get the better of us and that almost everything is based on pure chance. Noone has a better chance of finding a certain item since the dynamic part of the game makes it impossible to tell where and when that certain item (or loot) will be. Remember that MA states that any mob can drop ANY item. :wise:

Back