Rocktropia = Eviltropia?

LeeLoo Faith

ColorManiac
Society
OldTimers
LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith
So why is there so many monsters?

Is it Horrortropia or Eviltropia instead of Rock?

Why is it full of Werewolfes, Vampire, Dragons, Zombies etc ? :confused:

Its the Land of Horror and Monsters not fun music and dance?

:D:eek::D

Short answer:

LEMMY

this whole rocktropia thing does not fit with what Project Entropia was once all about...

This is no Sci-Fi game anymore... it's a f***** circus...

miners are not so welcome there, quite lots and high hills combined with mobs..
and if you die in the middle of nowhere you prolly get to some revive near tp very far from a claim or where you died .. personally I didn`t like it... I`m not a rock metal and zombie,vampire fan ....well gl;)

Things like Dragons, Vampires, and other stuff you're seeing on the planets are generally association with Heavy Metal in some way. I believe the section that's opened now is mainly the heavy metal section, and there will be different sections related to different genres of music opening in the future.

this whole rocktropia thing does not fit with what Project Entropia was once all about...

agreed.

In my eyes the planets not tieing into the eu storyline should be completely separated from the rest. This completely screw up everything. but then again the eu storyline kinda sucks anyway so heh

I know this might seem a funny thing to say but yesterday when Rocktropia was introduced I thought it was nice and I was excited.

But then I saw those messages from it appearing in Calypso ... and I went like ... what ?? why ? and Suddenly I didn't feel like playing anymore ...

I admit Calypso doesn't have much of a storyline but it does have a "setting" and that is now completely ruined by the stupid drgon globals ...

Don't get me wrong I like phantasy settings and I like rock music and the idea of heavy metal atmosphere .. I just don't like them mixed ...

I know this might seem a funny thing to say but yesterday when Rocktropia was introduced I thought it was nice and I was excited.

But then I saw those messages from it appearing in Calypso ... and I went like ... what ?? why ? and Suddenly I didn't feel like playing anymore ...

I admit Calypso doesn't have much of a storyline but it does have a "setting" and that is now completely ruined by the stupid drgon globals ...

Don't get me wrong I like phantasy settings and I like rock music and the idea of heavy metal atmosphere .. I just don't like them mixed ...

An entire game is ruined for you by a single message (that you can ignore) about a dragon? That's just.... sad.

Reactions: Uni
It won't be long before a Soc will be formed, under the name "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob" :laugh:

It's :rofl:tropia!

Well, in some Sci-Fi books i read there is sometimes very strange planets, like "pleasure planets". See Rocktropia as the planet people travel to for a vacation or weekend to enjoy themself, and maybe you feel a bit better ;)

my words...

Well, in some Sci-Fi books i read there is sometimes very strange planets, like "pleasure planets". See Rocktropia as the planet people travel to for a vacation or weekend to enjoy themself, and maybe you feel a bit better ;)

Like "Risa" in Star Trek that is heavily modded to control weather and stuff to make sure that the "Pleasure Planet" is always nice when you are on a vacation there? ;) lol

Or "Zeltros" in Star Wars?

Things like Dragons, Vampires, and other stuff you're seeing on the planets are generally association with Heavy Metal in some way. I believe the section that's opened now is mainly the heavy metal section, and there will be different sections related to different genres of music opening in the future.
Really? I guess I been out of the loop for too long, but all I've ever associated to Heavy Metal was.. well, Heavy Metal bands or heavy metal band type people you see in the audience. I don't recall pink dragons or vampires at any of the concerts I went to or saw video of? Please share, I'm curious what I've been missing.

if it bites claws kills and bleeds it's metal:D

Really? I guess I been out of the loop for too long, but all I've ever associated to Heavy Metal was.. well, Heavy Metal bands or heavy metal band type people you see in the audience. I don't recall pink dragons or vampires at any of the concerts I went to or saw video of? Please share, I'm curious what I've been missing.

Dragonforce has fantasy themes? :D and they play Power Metal, so that is a type of heavy metal...

Many Power Metal bands have mythological and fantasy themes

Dragonforce has fantasy themes? :D and they play Power Metal, so that is a type of heavy metal...

Many Power Metal bands have mythological and fantasy themes

Ok thanks, I'll look them up, I have to say I never heard of them. When I saw pink dragons I just went wtf ? I had no idea that heavy metal people played with pink dragons. Its a non sequitur for me at this point.

I had no idea that heavy metal people played with pink dragons.

That depends on how much they have had to drink :D or... other

shhhhh or next will be Barnum and Bailey Planet :eek:

Ohhh wait, we do have clowns (masks) in EU now!! :laugh:

I think they missed the point with their own planet...

Mobs should have "normal" name... no need to call a dragon , pop dragon to make the planet sound rock...

I think they should work to change atmosphere of towns , and have place that play diferent kind of rock , probably set by period...like the king , jim morrison,beatles and so on in one town...
An other town with more hard things or metal...
And same with decor in the tons....Make tematic tons with rock style...

And then outside , make area with mobs that go somehow together...call pink dragon pink dragon , and put all the ugly monster like zombie in one place...

Seems that rocktropia is a big mess...
Like a normal rpg , where they did put "rock name"...

I don't recall pink dragons or vampires at any of the concerts I went to or saw video of? Please share, I'm curious what I've been missing.

I recall Merilin Manson (or how it is spelled). He doesnt look like pink dragon though :( but quite like a vampire or zombie and THATS COOL! ;)

Also I remeber some heavy metal text:

"Im drinking like a pink dragon, smelling like a zombie" or this one "Everybody dance like a dragon come on!"

So this is IMO good think, and defo a good thing and also I smell a dark cellar nearby.

Well butter my butt and call me biscuit.

Heavy Metal peeps are into pink dragons and low budget horror movie caricatures, awesome.

Thanks, I feel so informed now. :D

First of all, Planet partners develop other "games" with other themes, based on the EU platform that are encouraged to be different to Calypso. This is, has and will be the plan forever. This has been clear and evident for years.
Secondly, all the things on Rocktropia are blatently Heavy Metal themed (except maybe the mob names lol).

Not saying I like any of it, but I just thought I should clear up two things that I thought were obvious.

I personally was hoping Rocktropia would have "districts" for different so-called "genres" of music, eg: Pop Village, Rap City, Country... country? lol

they should have zombies of all the famous dead musicians and maybe some of the alive. I want to kill a zombie MJ. :wtg:

Reactions: Mac

i guess you have no understanding about Motorhead, rock, metal lifestyle, orientation then have you, if you did then you wouldnt of asked this question i guess, read into motorhead and get a bit more understanding ;)

lol

miners are not so welcome there, quite lots and high hills combined with mobs..
and if you die in the middle of nowhere you prolly get to some revive near tp very far from a claim or where you died .. personally I didn`t like it... I`m not a rock metal and zombie,vampire fan ....well gl;)

yea the revives suck on this planet:(

It won't be long before a Soc will be formed, under the name "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob" :laugh:

LMAO Statik

Hmmm

After taking two days for the server to free up to update I finally TP'd to Rocktropia. I gathered the TPs, then set about a bit of hunting and mining.
No ores that I found thus far. The mobs, well seems Rocktropia is aimed all levels. I was disappointed that I could only take a Pop Dragon Young. The spawns are massive.
Got a limited shotgun...from a Vampire chick...
Most mobs looting reasonably well, collected a train of Lone wolves when there were enough about 50 I had some fun, again looted fairly well. Saw Neverdie at city of Dreams doing some PR.
Accidently wondered into the Stadium PvP, got shot.. lost all my loot.... B*&^%$d :(
Saw an Uber called Nadie will an awesome axe, wonder where she got it. She was hanging out with another uber called Star.

Anyway
Will keep exploring :)

I think the main problem is that Rocktropia evolved out of something that first was a castle.

Musical artist news that doesn't involve Rock Band or Guitar Hero? Bizarre! Almost as bizarre as the news itself. Motörhead frontman Lemmy is establishing a base of operations and a virtual rock arena in the virtual world of Entropia Universe. Launching alongside the CryENGINE 2 powered Entropia Universe update, Lemmy’s Castle is more than just a series of Lemmy-themed rooms. It's your gateway into Lemmy's private army! The castle will be defended by guardians that drop rare Motörhead armor parts, a full set of which will allow you access to the castle's inner sanctum, where you will be eligible to join Lemmy's Army. Membership allows players to chat with Lemmy on the army's private channel and compete in quests that will ear you special Motörhead prizes, both virtual and real.

ND studios got theer hands on a planet and wasn't prepared or mature enough to handle that responcebility. It's like a boy with a new toy. Here the toy is a planet with paying customers..

Back