Communication and Development Roadmap

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]Communication and development roadmap[/h] [h=3]Dear Entropians,[/h] Given the real-cash aspect of the Entropia Universe economy, it has historically been MindArk’s policy to be very careful when releasing information related to future development plans, mainly to prevent undue disruption of the economy. However, considering the plethora of information channels now available to participants to stay up to date on official Entropia Universe and Planet Partner announcements (the Client Loader, Facebook, Entropia Buzz, information from which is also syndicated on many community and planet forums), MindArk has made a decision to be more active in sharing its future development plans with participants.

[h=3]And the sharing starts now![/h] Below is a summary of some of the projects the MindArk design and development teams are currently focused on. In future communications we will give increasingly more detailed information on each of these projects, and announce additional projects as they become closer to implementation.

[h=3]Client & Server Stability[/h] MindArk’s highest priority during the next several releases will be improving stability of the Entropia Universe client. Several of the most common causes of recent client crashes have been identified and our developers are hard at work on resolving those to improve the Entropia Universe experience for all participants.

[h=3]New Player Experience[/h] Ongoing improvements to the New Player Experience have been implemented with every platform and planet partner release so far this year. These efforts will continue to be a top priority during the rest of 2014 and into 2015 in order to maximise the marketing efforts of MindArk and the planet partners.

[h=4]Creature Control System Stage 1 - (Planned for June 2014 Release)[/h]
You may already be aware of a new feature introduced not long ago which allows officials and planet partners to control various creatures during special events. This system will be extended to participants in the form of Creature Control Capsules, consumable items that will allow you to transform your avatar into a specific creature for a limited time. This fun feature will be made available exclusively through the loot system, and will be monitored closely to prevent abuse.

[h=3]Taming Stage 1 - (Planned for Autumn 2014 Release)[/h] Some of you will be happy to hear that we plan to (finally) reintroduce Taming to Entropia Universe. In the first stage the core functionality will be quite similar to the original taming system, with added improvements to usability and fun-factor. Initially, pets will be to able accompany your avatar in its Entropia Universe travels, with more pet abilities and features planned for later stages (see below).

[h=3]PVP Improvements - (Planned for Autumn 2014 Release)[/h] Various improvements to PVP combat have already been implemented this year and more are planned after the summer, including adjustments to the landgrab and fort systems.

[h=3]Taming Stage 2 - (Planned for Late 2014 / Early 2015 Release)[/h] In this stage it is planned to implement additional skill-based taming abilities which will expand the capabilities of tamed creatures beyond the pre-VU10 taming system. In addition, a limited number of stables will be made available that will fulfill various roles within the taming system such as stabling, feeding, expert training, trading and more.

[h=3]Creature Control System Stage 2 - (Planned for Winter 2014 Release)[/h] Through a new Battle Octagon interface, your avatar will be able to control various creatures and challenge other avatars to battle in special CCS octagons. With lots of options for attack and defense customisation, each battle promises to be unique and exciting, especially considering the possibility of creatures and robots from different planets engaging in reckless combat against one another!

[h=3]Taming Stage 3 - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] Battle Arenas will be introduced which will allow tamed creatures to battle one another. Each battle will be unique, with a wide range of offensive and defensive pet buffs and upgrades along with customisable attack and defense profiles.

[h=3]Web-Based Battle Arena - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] A web-based Battle Arena game is planned for early 2015. The game will be developed as a cross-platform solution available on the web and for mobile devices, and will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming! system. Players will have the opportunity to acquire, upgrade and customise their pets for battle against the pets of others.

Entropia Universe participants will have the ability to acquire Battle Arena Deeds and share in the revenue and excitement of the Battle Arena action. 200,000 Battle Arena Deeds will be offered via the Entropia Universe in-game auction and upcoming webshop at 100 PED each. Revenues generated from the Battle Arena Deed offering will be used exclusively for Battle Arena development and marketing. More detailed information about the Battle Arena Deeds will be made available very soon.

[h=3]Affiliate System - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] Work is moving forward on the affiliate program mentioned in the State of the Universe Address 2014, though the expected release date has been revised to 2015 due to integration requirements with other planned projects.

[h=3]Citizenship & Political System - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] The announced political and housing system is still in the initial design and development stage. As with the taming system, we expect to roll out this system in several stages during 2015. Further information will be made available as each development milestone draws closer.

Regards,

David Simmonds
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

Just sounds too good to be true...

But thanks mindark at least you are trying to do some right things.

CLD been here for almost 3 years, but there's still next to nothing about Citizenship and political system. But they are trying to sell BAD now.

BTW, click the Originally Posted here, there are some nice picture inside the link.

Last edited:
[h=3]Citizenship & Political System - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] The announced political and housing system is still in the initial design and development stage. As with the taming system, we expect to roll out this system in several stages during 2015. Further information will be made available as each development milestone draws closer.

Seriously, you dare to write this down..
It indeed looks like taming & melee amps :yay:
My bet is on 2018 for full implementation.. might be 2020 also ofc

TAMMMIIINNNNNNGGGG!!!! OMG I DONT BELIEVE THIS FINALLY lol

Welfare System - (Planned for Late 2015 Release)

Work is moving forward on the welfare program mentioned by many poor noobs, though the expected release date has been revised to 2016 due to integration requirements of the increased taxation system that is due mid 2015

[h=3]Web-Based Battle Arena - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] A web-based Battle Arena game is planned for early 2015. The game will be developed as a cross-platform solution available on the web and for mobile devices, and will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming! system. Players will have the opportunity to acquire, upgrade and customise their pets for battle against the pets of others.

Sounds sweet :cool:

Yay!! Can't wait to see my pets!! :yay:

Ok, did I read what I read? No, I am drunk...I will check again tomorrow.....OMG! :yay:

Pking roadmap.

Taming for PvP.
Mob control for PvP.
Improving PvP.
Web PVP.
They forgot forum Pking.

Anything better than that planed?

Space 2016 ? :)

Maybe you can use motherships as cattle-trains to move pets from one planet to another to battle each other :)

Sorry john, that was out of order, space really needs some love from MA as well.

Also a new kind of deed to buy, worst part being that i'm a sucker that will buy some because i'm a deed addict :(

Holly shit!

so many awesome things

Pet battles!!!!!! wow I want a Araneatrox

Simple amazed

Looks like they can finally rename EU back to PE a.k.a Pokemon Entropia:lolup:

Will there be a betting system so we can put money on mobs to make the battles more interesting? If MA doesn't implement I smell a community effort coming up :D

That would be awesome!!!! But I don't know if MA can do it because it would be gambling!

wow,It looks like we can have bots as pets to battle too!
I dont want the Araneatrox anymore, I want a Mulmum or a Warlock

wow,It looks like we can have bots as pets to battle too!
I dont want the Araneatrox anymore, I want a Mulmum or a Warlock
I got dibs on mutated chirpy & mod merp! :yay:

Sounds cool :)
I like that they makes the Creature control a item you only can loot, because that adds value to loot that are not in pure TT value, we need more of that.

bee-vs-cersumon-final.jpg

bluecrone-vs-hispidus_final.jpg

defender-in-twinpeaks-final2.jpg

defender-vs-yog-final.jpg

feffoid-vs-hiryuu-final.jpg

videovixen-vs-molisk-final.jpg

Yeah, looks like those deeds will have good MU...

So what about melee amps ?

I am really left feeling MA will not make anything I would care about in the next 12 months. Killing people is not something I carefor. Pet battles? Lets not. Let me refer to this:

I think we need to distinguish between pets, and user controlled mobs.

Can't say that im personally very enthusiastic about the pet battle/taming but it is great to see that the tamers are getting there system back with a lot of new cool stuff on top :).

Really nice to see that the... orb of deception:)D)... erhm i mean creature control capsules will be dropping from hunting. I would think that these will have significant mu due to the fact that the system is cool as hell :cool:.

Cheers!
Zweshi

Not even a single word about the reduction of the maximum multiplier for medium and low activities that happened in January 2013!

You (MA) get players used to one type of maximum multiplier (ten years!!!) and then over night and without any explanation, BOOM!!! a 10x reduction of the maximum multiplier for almost every thing in game!

We eat everything that MA decide to put on our plates! :mad:

So many words in this roadmap and I can't see any positive thing, other than trying to copy the others trivial RPG games more and more! Entropia Universe is more than a game!!!

The most important hint I took from this is that MA's still planning to develop and support Entropia Universe at least until early 2015, which isn't an obvious perspective in the light of the other news.

This all sounds great and I'm very excited to hear MA plans to increase communication. There are two words though that are substantially curbing my enthusiasm right now. Those two words are:

Melee Amps​

When are we getting unlimited and crafted (L) melee amps?!!!!!

[h=2]Communication and development roadmap[/h] [h=3]Dear Entropians,[/h] Given the real-cash aspect of the Entropia Universe economy, it has historically been MindArk’s policy to be very careful when releasing information related to future development plans, mainly to prevent undue disruption of the economy.

This has not always been the policy, if it has been then Kim|Calypso deviated from this policy in an egregious way a year ago when he posted on the forum and told us all that melee amps would be here in the first VU after last summer. His doing so has resulted in a serious and quantifiable disruption to my personal economy.

So where the hell are these melee amps?

Thanks for posting those pics!
I friggin love the idea of those mobs fighting.

I do have to be a debbie downer though... (or more like a reality check) MA has provided Development roadmaps before.... countless times. They almost never come true or even nearly come true. Person had the best point in that CLD been here for 3 years and no citizen ship. They said it would be at the end of this year in last road map. Now it's next year. I believe they INTEND to do it then, and they aren't lying.. but they intend to do a lot of things they don't do. I would hope people see the word taming and jump for joy! I really hope people enjoy this. But like I said, it's all going to take forever. Taming the waiting thread... can continue until it actually comes out.

It's like how I was excited to hear they are going to make a new Star Wars movie. I'm super excited, but I won't be seeing it for years since the announcement was made.

I really couldn't get the part about "well, now we decided to go ahead and start providing you information." They have given us information before.. They act like it's the first time they gave a glimpse into the future. ANND I know they have stated before they were going to continue communicating with us on a regular basis before and then stop abruptly for months on end.

Reactions: das
Not even a single word about the reduction of the maximum multiplier for medium and low activities that happened in January 2013!

You (MA) get players used to one type of maximum multiplier (ten years!!!) and then over night and without any explanation, BOOM!!! a 10x reduction of the maximum multiplier for almost every thing in game!

We eat everything that MA decide to put on our plates! :mad:

So many words in this roadmap and I can't see any positive thing, other than trying to copy the others trivial RPG games more and more! Entropia Universe is more than a game!!!

Dude, you've made your point over and over again. This isn't the place for your observations. I actually agree with you to a certain degree, but regurgitating your point of view in every thread is very annoying.

I like the approach MA's made to being more open "again" with their future goals. Lets hope they stick to it and not have another episode of delayed promises 5 years later. I'm excited to see what these developments bring.

Back