Is Crystal Palace dieing?

The big ATH:s stop at CP after MA sold it, have not seen a big 1 after that point.
Forget all about (ul) X5 because now days you cant loot any top gear if it is not 1 of MA:s events.

I remeber MA they put in proterons just weeks after they sold CP.

And like Igor says ---> Why would anyone go to CP? Whats there these days except bigger decay bill on your armor due to 2x attack speed of alien mobs...

But i wouldent say 2x its more like 5x.

Before was it a weekend pleasure to go up to CP and hunt for teams and CND nowdays FOMA to hunt Desplators, but as we all know nowdays we have allways 3-8 mobs hiting you så its not a pleasure anymore, you only have to pay a BIG decay.

Only thing who keeps the players there nowdays is the missions but after MA:s "rebalance" we would see what will happend.

Before was it a weekend pleasure to go up to CP and hunt for teams and CND nowdays FOMA to hunt Desplators, but as we all know nowdays we have allways 3-8 mobs hiting you så its not a pleasure anymore, you only have to pay a BIG decay.

Last edited:
The big ATH:s stop at CP after MA sold it, have not seen a big 1 after that point.
Forget all about (ul) X5 because now days you cant loot any top gear if it is not 1 of MA:s events.

I remeber MA they put in proterons just weeks after they sold CP.

And like Igor says ---> Why would anyone go to CP? Whats there these days except bigger decay bill on your armor due to 2x attack speed of alien mobs...

But i wouldent say 2x its more like 5x.

yeah, if you wonna argo +5 big aurli's in shadow then decay goes up atleast 5 times..
& my 36.6k krelt ath was efter cp was sold & prots came ingame

Planets and travel ....this has a lot to say.
Player base... resultant from the above.
Those that interpret the above to be more a loot issue than the communities ;)

The ATH list changes as bigger ATH's are added to the list, pushing out others. The list of ubers was hofs over 10k+ inside that list, was the exact amount, time, and date stamps of the 5 ATH's from the last 2 years.

The ATH list currently probably only has 2 left on it, as the hofs on the CP mobs aren't as big since not the massive amount of hp of the new high hp mobs. In the last 2 years the ATH list is dominated by leviathans and proterons and several event mobs.

What are you talking about??? I went through the entire ATH list in game and the amounts and numbers are correct. Go look in game if you don't beleive me.

What are you talking about??? I went through the entire ATH list in game and the amounts and numbers are correct. Go look in game if you don't beleive me.

His point is that a few years ago 20k would get you on the All Time High List. But seeing as it's an "All Time High" list, the loot amount you need to get on it will only ever go higher...and there are higher looting mobs in game now.

However, some people are still able to get HoFs of a value similar to what got on the ATH list a few years back.

Personally, I love the place. Used to spend ages there before I stopped playing, and still like to go there now...but I have to wait for each time I can deposit to go and have some fun with the aliens.

Again, In the last 2 years there have been 5 ATH's (# in brackets was at the time of the HoF what place it was on the ATH list) Some have been pushed off the ATH list, but there were 5 recorded in this time.

In 2011:
Patrik Stormer Deluxe - 38,767 PED - Aurli Devastator - Jan 7th (#68 ATH)
Dome 4

dasouth Genious dasouth - 36,555 PED - Kreltin Young - Feb 27th (#90 ATH)
Dome 3

General Marilyn Northstar - 44,505 PED - Aurli Hunter - May 14th (#55 ATH)
Dome 4

In 2010:
Aphex Lieska Twin - 44,336 PED - Aurli Ravenger - Jan 28th (#33 ATH)
Dome 4
Ei Lita Senorita - 35,900 PED - Aurli Weak - August 10th (#87 ATH)
Dome 1

----------------------

Entropia Universe has added many High Hp mobs in these last 2 years all of which now dominate the ATH list, because they cost 10 times the amount to kill (or even 100+ times the cost, as with Hydra etc)

Crystal Palace is not dying.. I don't think it is anyways. The only reason I can see why people are complaining about so much losses is probably due to poor game play techniques. It's not very smart to have 5+ aurli/kreltin on you at one time while hunting in CP, this will rack up the armor decay bill very quickly. Use a tagger, etc etc...

~Danimal

I go to CP mainly for skilling, but on a regular basis I get some good Mu stuff:

Aurli bone: 120%
Output amps: 200%
Spleen oil: 110%
Infrasound: 110-120%
L weapons: 105%+ (doesn't seem like much but 105% of a 200 ped weapon is pretty solid)
Hermes L armor: 150%
Esi's
Alien resin: 130%
Alien acid: 110%

On a typical 6 hour trip, I usually have at least 100 ped MU of output amps only.

Again, In the last 2 years there have been 5 ATH's (# in brackets was at the time of the HoF what place it was on the ATH list) Some have been pushed off the ATH list, but there were 5 recorded in this time.

In 2011:
Patrik Stormer Deluxe - 38,767 PED - Aurli Devastator - Jan 7th (#68 ATH)
Dome 4

dasouth Genious dasouth - 36,555 PED - Kreltin Young - Feb 27th (#90 ATH)
Dome 3

General Marilyn Northstar - 44,505 PED - Aurli Hunter - May 14th (#55 ATH)
Dome 4

In 2010:
Aphex Lieska Twin - 44,336 PED - Aurli Ravenger - Jan 28th (#33 ATH)
Dome 4
Ei Lita Senorita - 35,900 PED - Aurli Weak - August 10th (#87 ATH)
Dome 1

----------------------

Entropia Universe has added many High Hp mobs in these last 2 years all of which now dominate the ATH list, because they cost 10 times the amount to kill (or even 100+ times the cost, as with Hydra etc)

I am talking about the ones still on the list "In Game" to me if it is not on the list then it is no longer an ATH, as you may note I think anything below 40K will not be on the list. Still I don't consider 5 in the past 2 and a half years as "They way it used to be". I am done with this OT conversation as it server no purpose to the original question IMO.

I thought your first post was talking about ATH's since you thought that is what it would take in order to loot UL Emik X5. And that there was only 2 on the ATH list, so its even slimmer odds now than in the past.

So I first tried to say that it only takes 12k or so uber sized hof in order to loot UL version, doesn't necessarily need an ATH.

Anyhow, then my reply also meant to your original question. That while the amount of ATH's is less now, doesn't imply that CP is doing bad now, just that the Universe has evolved and added so many high HP mobs, and thus changed CP's old dominance of the ATH list. In the past CP was to the ATH list, just like Leviathans are now.

cp is great,i just looted an cld there :)

I saw you loot it in game, was wondering when you'd comment about that one ;)

So technically your hof was 2k+ :)

~Danimal

I saw you loot it in game, was wondering when you'd comment about that one ;)

So technically your hof was 2k+ :)

~Danimal

yeah,it came in an 712 ped hof,didnt even notice the cld at first

yeah,it came in an 712 ped hof,didnt even notice the cld at first

I noticed due to the HUGE HoF wall text that instantly took up my chat box ;)

~Danimal

Gz Fluske now to find the other other one.

iPhone 4s

I thought your first post was talking about ATH's since you thought that is what it would take in order to loot UL Emik X5. And that there was only 2 on the ATH list, so its even slimmer odds now than in the past.

So I first tried to say that it only takes 12k or so uber sized hof in order to loot UL version, doesn't necessarily need an ATH.

Anyhow, then my reply also meant to your original question. That while the amount of ATH's is less now, doesn't imply that CP is doing bad now, just that the Universe has evolved and added so many high HP mobs, and thus changed CP's old dominance of the ATH list. In the past CP was to the ATH list, just like Leviathans are now.

Dang it Buzz you are talking crazy the TT value is 20K which would mean if you got one with a 12K hof it wouldn't even be close to full. I just don't think you could get one with a 12K hof. ANyway we are just talking here and not going to get one anyway:).

Dang it Buzz you are talking crazy the TT value is 20K which would mean if you got one with a 12K hof it wouldn't even be close to full. I just don't think you could get one with a 12K hof. ANyway we are just talking here and not going to get one anyway:).

As far as I know all high tt items, or UL SiB's are always looted with at least 50% condition TT value. So 11-12k sized hof could do it.
I use UL X5 that I bought for years now. I love it. And I've tried ever since to loot one. It's a longshot for sure, but I believe it's still possible, since other SiB weaps drop once and awhile.

the Tax is the same problem for me CP should not have been sold. I still pop in every now and then when I pass by to pop a few Aurli but its rare for me to kill more then 20 or so. I would love to loot the starlight I have visited CP often for that chance pg.

I also liked the tuneless and larger chambers just outside the domes. I feel they where to lazy when they redeployed it and removed a large part of made it different. same can be said with the Easter eggs and all the other interesting things.

anybody remember that large rock with the cave system inside it or the toxic pond that would tick for 20ish damage or so. everything feels so generic...

As far as I know all high tt items, or UL SiB's are always looted with at least 50% condition TT value. So 11-12k sized hof could do it.
I use UL X5 that I bought for years now. I love it. And I've tried ever since to loot one. It's a longshot for sure, but I believe it's still possible, since other SiB weaps drop once and awhile.

buzz any plans for a weekly or monthly event on CP?

That would def draw me to it :)

Unlimited X5 dropped in an HOF below 11k in the past just fine. I should know cause i was within 25 meter range and bit my ass.

Your talking about that an ATH wasn't an ATH if it isn't on the list anymore makes no sense either.

Considering all the game changes, all the new planets, mobs and options we have now, that you have to travel space to get there (although now it is just one spit away from Caly safe zone), that one can't sell loot in auction there anymore the activity on CP is still pretty good.

And i think thats also because Buzz does a really good job managing it. Just want to mention the well stocked and very fair priced booths in example. I never buy anything there because i use mostly ul and come well prepared. But i notice and appreciate what he does to keep CP attractive beside the many game changes.

Yes, you're right he does a fantastic job. It is very good informations on all Domes and the mention the well stocked and very fair priced booths.

But CP is nothing for me. I remeber CP just after he did buy it i made 54 rounds of hunting did use 800 - 2000 ped ammo per round i got 1 global and 1 hof, since then i am cautious about CP.

Well I am happy that many of the replys think CP is going to live on. I have also noticed that there a more gbls since I started this thread. I really would hate to lose her. I would like to hunt there more but it takes more peds because I like bigger runs so I have to save up for the trip, kind of like a vacation:).

a lil art history lesson:

Cp will always be magic :)

hope its not dead yet, after i finish atrox mission im heading for cp, cycle the cash their but its the best place in the world for hunting, crystal palace rocks, its what the games about

the biggest thing that makes me sad about CP... is the lack of ATHs or big hofs now a days... was atleast 1 or 2 big hofs every week before the disastrous change in loot that happened in Dec 2011 :(

Bring back the times when CP was allowed to ATH or give ubers often... and you will see it flourish again

Back