Question: Team Hunting and Mission Counters

Stefan 008 Bond

Dominant
Society
Mod Merps
Stefan 008 Bond
Perhaps one of the greatest social features in Entropia would be the team hunt. Ever since missions came it has forced a majority of the community into solo players.

My question is if there are any reasons or technical limitations as to why this cannot be developed? And if not can we expect to see this anytime soon?

Thanks,

In the past there were technical limitations to shared mission progress when teaming, however this is now possible for new missions with the contribution-based features seen in recent dynamic events and Mayhem quests. Our plan is for new missions to utilise this system.

In the past there were technical limitations to shared mission progress when teaming, however this is now possible for new missions with the contribution-based features seen in recent dynamic events and Mayhem quests. Our plan is for new missions to utilise this system.

W00t! I like that answer :)

Very good! been waiting for it for a long time. <3 team hunting :D

Now this is a good answer. Just enough to give us a taste of what's possible/what's to come, but not when it's coming, winter will come when it comes. Well done. :yup:

I'm looking forward to it whenever it comes.

I may be missing something but I'm having a little trouble accepting the plausibility of this. It was always possible to determine the player who dealt the most damage in any team or shared-loot situation and properly credit mission points. Why is this not expandable to the entirety of participants?

Wow, this is fantastic news! :yay::wtg: Thanks for answering!

I strongly advise you to consider adding this functionality to existing iron missions. It is the long grind of the iron missions that are imperative to have teaming on. The social aspects of going on your nightly team hunt with your buddy to work on atrox silver etc cannot be overstated. Also, at least 75% of the important mobs in game already have iron missions in place this would be a worthwhile effort for sure.

Very exciting!

I really hope these team missions will be used when missions come to space, as it will be absolutely necessary when you operate a ship with multiple gunners/repaircrew/pilots.

I may be missing something but I'm having a little trouble accepting the plausibility of this. It was always possible to determine the player who dealt the most damage in any team or shared-loot situation and properly credit mission points. Why is this not expandable to the entirety of participants?

If you were a developer you would understand. The first implementation of any situation is often done in the most time-efficient manner for a reason, there could be a trillion problems on release. I feel they at least did a positive job with the missions, and now are listening to our feedback, so...we just need the changes now! :yay:

Wow, this is fantastic news! :yay::wtg: Thanks for answering!

I strongly advise you to consider adding this functionality to existing iron missions

Stefan you been here long enough to be aware about being careful what you wish for. While it would be in a perfect world, ideal if they could actually do that.

MA messing with all iron missions? Doomsday scenario for me. I remembered they messed with them by changing counters or something similar in the past, a lot of missions got bugged, some had to be cancelled and MA had to re-add lost progress to players if my memory serves me right. Now just imagine them changing the core way of their functionality of all iron missions.

Safer for them to just add them in new missions, at least then only new missions would be broken.

Just my two pecs.

You can do this to the old missions too, by adding the last stage, as a repeatable mission with the new system. Many people would hunt more a certain creature if they would still have a mission and since the good mobs and the good missions are done first, the left missions are the dull ones, the boring mobs etc.
Repeatable missions with shared credit would be a huge success I am 100% sure of it! YES!

If you were a developer you would understand. The first implementation of any situation is often done in the most time-efficient manner for a reason, there could be a trillion problems on release. I feel they at least did a positive job with the missions, and now are listening to our feedback, so...we just need the changes now! :yay:

I AM a developer.

bump for more teamhunts :yay:

Back