Current State of EU and its future

Manique

Marauder
Society
In Da Pocket
Paulo Manique Santos
Hello.

I shall warn this is going to be a long post.

As you know I play this game for over 8 years now,
I love the game, otherwise I wouldn't be here, report all I can for the sake of fairness and play clean, without breaking any rule or when i feel I might be doing cos i get threaten ingame, I take the step ahead and ask if what i was doing was breaking the rules in any means.
Due to this love for the game I got, I don't want it gone, I want it more enjoyable each day so it brings more people and it keeps on living on.
I shared enough that I was told and learnt over times.

This will be by no means bitching about EU / loots / whatever, is just my humble experience and why it saddens me, because it slowly breaks the game to its end.... Something I don't want as this is one of the things I love having as a hobby.
I don't mean it that hardly, just as fun purpose when I do a joking post, but I gladly can say unlike lots of other EU players, I am sucessfull in EU, all I depo was 20$ for boxes in attempt of (L) rings which i got, so all i got in ped / skills was gained over hard work / time, but this is just to proof I don't come here to bitch about some stuff, but how it feels I get threated differently and playing clean isnt really on our side.

So on topic...

As i mentioned I contacted support multiple times pointing out bugs, flaws and people breaking the game, for the sake of EU's longevity with fair gameplay and enjoyable for all.
When I asked, yes at times with my troll talk I did cross the mark, but since i love EU, I thanked always for sharing if what I did was good or not to do and changed that, gladly, on that, never got a punishment, however what I did was mostly crap talk, went over the mark, sure, for fun, but never taking it to RL, because that is sickning.

Because I'm quite open with my opinion I usually share it and so do my friends, if we see cheating we will call out people for it and report asap... whoever it is, even if in our friendslist. Abusing bugs to take advantage shouldn't be tolerated, some might find out and do it even by accident or not knowing, the right thing to do is contact support about it to know if you can keep doing whatever, what players call out, for the most part, isnt legit, like mob trains, most hate it, but well they are allowed in pvp now, even tho quite a joke.

So here's where the issue starts..

I report whatever I may find somewhat fishy, if i got enough proof or showing what I mean,
I shall not name people at all, but i know for a fact I sucessfully got a pirate locked temporarly for 30 days for abusing a glitch, which was the only thing that made me half glad and half sad, as I reported far more serious things in the past, but at least shown they did something.

Sadly support closes eyes to things that are obviously game breaking

Real Life Threats

I got threaten irl multiple times, and i dont mean the simple "im going to kill you!!"
I mean to the level of people that know my family that also share the same hobby, know where I live, got my phone number and even traced me on social media things, saying that I will regret my days and my family shall suffer.
It got to that point of sickness so obviously I reported, drunk or not, its not a conduct to have with other players, it is against the rules and shouldn't be taken lightly....
So obviously I sent a support with all evidence possible even with messages from social media i proving the identity of both sides.

What was done?
I still see all the players I report, freely walking, having the exact same erractic behaviour towards me and people that they know to be my friends, taking it to other scale

Harassing

This Is the section I prolly hinted out the most.
When people got nothing but the intention of trying to hurt others feelings (words from MA) it is considered harassing and should / will be punishable, this i when i was advised to changed my words a bit, but I also asked if I could contact and show the harassing thrown in my way abcent any provoking.
So I provided logs, from some players that harass me not over days, nor weeks... but years, players that get off their way to find where I am, what I do, who I am with, I even mostly stoped streaming since it'd give away the location I was at and I know some watched to trace it, and what I had or not....
A lot of shit talk and this kind of stuff with the clear intention they had, so I had to report

What was done?
Maybe some punishment, not sure but i still see all freely walking by, with the same behaviour...

Select Target Macro

This is more commonly known
I had people admiting they do it, I tracked down the very first user of this, some years ago and reported his unusual hit rate, not being sore loser because I dont take pvp serious at all or take a role in the WSS / Entropy war, but i do take my cut on fairness.
After the multiple reports, all saying they look into it and saying "yes abusing macros for advantage is banable".
I even provided proof of players admiting they do use macros.

What was done?
They get to roam around each day doing it, using excuse "Oh i must use it because XXX of XXX soc uses it so i need to be in same ground for advantage.
Tell you what, If someone kills a friend of yours irl, if you go and kill him back, it wont make you an avenger, it'll make you just the same kind of killer

Pick up macro

This is the only sucess rate yet...
A lot of people had a macro for Next Target+ Pick up object, a LOT of all societies and skill lvls used it, I reported each single one of them with proper proof.
Gladly it got removed, but no one ever got punished for it, so basicly they got away free abusing a bug and profiting out of it? fair? nope.

Multiple Avatars/Bought avatars

It is more than clear that a lot of accounts been sold and a lot of players also admited out in public they have more than one account.
I questioned MA clearly about this, since I only have my account "Am I allowed to buy an account, have multiple accounts?" The answer was a No to all, it is by no means allowed.

Then I ask... why do i see a lot of players with bought accounts?
People with tons of alts to manipulate markets on some stuff or just use them to "incognito" their names on auctions, I could name a few, but again, it'd be breaking rules.

I reported it, made it clear, yet i see the same day on and on, and I dont speak of tinfoil hat, I take my time before I take my conclusions.

Botting

Recently I heard and saw a lot of videos of players using some bot that auto hunts for them in a non clever way, and clearly not human, possibly for the greed of skills.
I witnessed it myself, I pm'd that person, no reply, from all the times i saw that person using it.
Then when he went back to normal hunting I'd get a msg back "sry was afk"
Probably that person didnt know i pulled 1 mob or 2 near to find out his behaviour, which shocked me and made me sad.
And what i witnessed was for sure not the only case.

What happens? This and many more keep scoring fat hofs, good item loots,
The lesson I take? Its rewarding to cheat, you'll get payback.

This are most of the cases I could come up with,

At this very moment my frustration is high with EU,
I love the game as I mentioned, dont want it gone, but this unfairness going on and nothing being done, its heartbreaking from something you love.
I spend my good fair share of my time in EU logged in, and these days with what I see, to get rewarded I need to cheat or go to others lvl... something its against my ethical code.
I troll/ have fun, laugh, its the point of enjoying this, enjoy a good time and have fun

I will update this thread with more cases if I do remember them because sadly there's more
Try to keep this thread clean for the most part as this is not to favor 1 player or 2, this is my hope to see a change in fairness for the sake of all Entropia players.

Cheers and good luck

Last edited:
reserving in case of some additional info required

Perhaps you should find other activities for you. I found (as moved back in time), now I'm happy to mining again and spit on all these macros, bots, and all the rest. And quite pleased, because no one can break my personal gameplay. ;)

Perhaps you should find other activities for you. I found (as moved back in time), now I'm happy to mining again and spit on all these macros, bots, and all the rest. And quite pleased, because no one can break my personal gameplay. ;)

I've been personaly been hunting, but even on that, I still suffer of some of the things i mentioned above.
I still doesnt make it fair to be people abusing bugs and taking advantage that is gamebreaking and will gain economical advantages because of it

Well this is kinda depressing and unfair,we even had videos on pcf and i saw some others on yt and i see that people globaling and playing normal every day they must get warned like little children "you are naughty boy don't do it again or you get spanked" ffs.The communication with MA is like talking to a wall but you have to understand they are to busy making pokemon apps,new boxes,voodoo dolls,planets and such or maybe they just don't care.Proly having wet dreams about new shit they will implement in next VU that will devalue your gear and be avatar bound.

I've been personaly been hunting, but even on that, I still suffer of some of the things i mentioned above.
I still doesnt make it fair to be people abusing bugs and taking advantage that is gamebreaking and will gain economical advantages because of it

As long as around us are too many not very honest people, it is impossible to build a perfect world. Developers also are not gods, and the same things happens in all other games.

As long as around us are too many not very honest people, it is impossible to build a perfect world. Developers also are not gods, and the same things happens in all other games.

Yes, same things happens in other games aswell, but on big majority of games you do get banned even from bit harsher jokes, not to even mention exploiting, harassment, botting and such.

Well this is kinda depressing and unfair,we even had videos on pcf and i saw some others on yt and i see that people globaling and playing normal every day they must get warned like little children "you are naughty boy don't do it again or you get spanked" ffs.The communication with MA is like talking to a wall but you have to understand they are to busy making pokemon apps,new boxes,voodoo dolls,planets and such or maybe they just don't care.Proly having wet dreams about new shit they will implement in next VU that will devalue your gear and be avatar bound.

This is what I ment,
MA enabling such behaviours only drive people passionate about EU away from it due to the unfairness...
Most only see cash for this game, not the fun, someone i know even begged a bank owner for a quick loan over the price of his gear then because he needed the cash for his mom cancer treatment, all in the attempts to fool someone naive and nice for cash...

That is true, its RCE, people show their colors for money and who they are, some is just a matter of how much, some few wouldnt bend over any ammount.

I could even quote a friend when he said... "If MA met mafia they'd blush"
I hate doing that tinfoil hate thing abcent proof but i got some of my own and it starts being sad that just because im a smaller costumer, or because i withdrew (Im guessing) im seen as less, or at least feels like it

Do like Andrey says: Enjoy EU in different ways, and you'll see how the game is still just as good as it was :)

Do like Andrey says: Enjoy EU in different ways, and you'll see how the game is still just as good as it was :)

I did and do,
Doesnt change fact bugs are still out
People abuse it, they frustrate the players and show lil care for them.
And the game we love will cease to exist in the future if it goes on this path

This year alone what kind of content we even had?

The same old bot events/mayhems?

What about REAL content, new mob, new area, new quests, new stuff.
Cant really tell me the plot thing is pulling a lot of players into it at this very moment.

It'd make players far more excited a new area or dungeon/mob, and some harsh bug fixes than anything going at this moment.

Because in all fairness, the winners are already set before the start, only the same players hold chances to win.
I personally dont participate ever cos i know my odds.
But some people do try, and they get frustrated to see the path it goes, and less and less players participate each single year on those

This will be the same for everything else
Frustration will drive people away.
Its a competitive market for games, and quite nice looking

With al going on I feel more tempted selling all my assets and sit on the ped / withdrawl and wait for a change i'd be glad about

Yes. Exactly. Find your personal way to have fun, and in way, that all this dirt does not concern you. As a result, all the perpetrators will receive their 'awards', and you will know about it only when you come to the forum.

I'll keep it brief.

I'd like to hear a fair bit more from the Developers, its been a while. I know ComPets is taking their eye off the ball but a few Buzz hints of upcoming stuff and some more posts on the forum would be welcome.

I do worry when I read both in-game and on the forum of players waiting several days on 'relatively easy to fix' login issues. That should be priority.

State of the Universe address is next month I think, but it would be nice to read something before then. :)

Yes. Exactly. Find your personal way to have fun, and in way, that all this dirt does not concern you. As a result, all the perpetrators will receive their 'awards', and you will know about it only when you come to the forum.

Fact that i get threaten irl and players are free to do so over the years,
Their behaviour not changed

Sickening and sad to see.

They do it to me, and to my friends because they know they are my friends,
So others will be vulnerable.

Sure EU might have problems with players, but keeping the game without being fair, will drive more away than it would by give proper punishment to few

Last edited:
I'll keep it brief.

I'd like to hear a fair bit more from the Developers, its been a while. I know ComPets is taking their eye off the ball but a few Buzz hints of upcoming stuff and some more posts on the forum would be welcome.

I do worry when I read both in-game and on the forum of players waiting several days on 'relatively easy to fix' login issues. That should be priority.

State of the Universe address is next month I think, but it would be nice to read something before then. :)

Also thats what I ment
Some word of the devs showing some care,
It'd be huge improvement on players trust.
Atm all that is tossed is

"Ehmegewd, look, bots! go shot dat shit"

"hiding" from the problem doesn't fix it. Other than than coming to have fun with the few friends i have ingame, hunting and random pvp at times are the only reasons i even play EU.
I mostly avoid shooting in pvp after people who use macro select target comes since it takes all the fun away from it.

"hiding" from the problem doesn't fix it. Other than than coming to have fun with the few friends i have ingame, hunting and random pvp at times are the only reasons i even play EU.
I mostly avoid shooting in pvp after people who use macro select target comes since it takes all the fun away from it.

I sent to support a sufficient number of SC about holes in the game, and violations of the EULA (SC about players), to do not consider myself to stand aside.

Fact that i get threaten irl

Besides, I'm not looking for friendship with other players in the real world, therefore my life did not acquire additional problems. I do not give to players my phone numbers, and in social networks I presented under a false name. No one knows my real home address. It is enough for me.

Last edited:
I sent to support a sufficient number of SC about holes in the game, and violations of the EULA (SC about players), to do not consider myself to stand aside.

Besides, I'm not looking for friendship with other players in the real world, therefore my life did not acquire additional problems. I do not give to players my phone numbers, and in social networks I presented under a false name. No one knows my real home address. It is enough for me.

Gladly you havent met this kind of people in EU
I did, and they shouldnt be allowed to do such things.
I didnt provide some info, they did get it, but its 2015, info is found if you put effort to it as everything is so digitalized.
The fact you may use online paying methods, means you're already exposing yourself enough

Gladly you havent met this kind of people in EU
I did, and they shouldnt be allowed to do such things.
I didnt provide some info, they did get it, but its 2015, info is found if you put effort to it as everything is so digitalized.
The fact you may use online paying methods, means you're already exposing yourself enough

Yes, it is possible to find me, but just not enough to find me, those people also would to be responsible for their own actions or threats ;)

And if you are threatened, it is not for forum or MA, but for the police and special services.

Last edited:
Yes I am feeling entirely the exact same way....

My first two years were blissful ignorance...

the Next two years were fighting to survive and learning how it works...

And the last two years have been learning how it is broken by MA, and ruined by many of the players in it.

This game doesn't protect itself. Our avatars are not protected. The criminals run free.

And the alts and multi-users have destroyed the game.

Nobody gives a fuck.

Except for people like you and me.

And when we speak up, people tell us to leave...

In many many games botting is running rampant. I mean massive botting not just a few cases here and there. I remember how in one very popular game developers regularly posted reports - thousands of botters (people, not accounts) banned every week but they were still losing the battle. Botters just changed their IP's and kept going like nothing happened... EU is like bot-free paradise in comparison.

I'm pretty sure i will be swamped with negreps for saying this and burned on the stake.
Mind you, i hate botters, i have hunted em myself, made videos, sent SC's. Botting is unpleasant, unacceptable and it's a disease. Just wanted to put things in perspective on the bigger picture, that's all.

Now, if u think about it, why is this disease that's so common and so widespread in lots of monthly fee games relatively rare in EU? Althou EU is a RCE and all?
Only logical answer i can see is very simple (and prolly a little unexpected) - u can make much more money with similar time and effort by selling gold in big monthly fee games than bot-hunting (or sweating, or evade-skill-farming) in EU.

There is a much more serious problem thou. Some ppl keep creating new accounts, farm the starter gear, then clean the ava, dump it, make another one. Something has to be done about this, and fast. That's prolly the only place where ava-bound items are justified.

I feel like you're the type of person that if someone insults you, you reply with "Reported"...

Look....I could've have got really pissed with the guys flying around Atlantis picking up all the rare dragons and devils, while I was buying a ton of Limited whips and skilling like mad for weeks and not bumping into any good ones myself. Karma came around and the best dragon popped out for me in the end.

As it turned out I got really chatty with the rare pet tamers, they were only seeking a step up themselves, and burning a ton of fuel searching for the rares, while I was spending money on whips instead.

I've even made friends with them, (my potential enemies, stopping my own success).

So sod it, don't worry what other people do.....just do your own thing. Enjoy it out there, it's your entertainment you WILL be rewarded for effort.

Rick

ps 8 -10 years myself (forgot too many years have passed), it was a long long wait. Skilled hard to 75 pyro 74 laser. I put the hours in. Your moment of glory will come.

I feel like you're the type of person that if someone insults you, you reply with "Reported"...
No lol he's not. He's the type that very quickly figures out where's your most vulnerable spot and then hits you back so hard that u'll remember it a long time. In his case i have no trouble imagining how some ppl might get pretty mad... :laugh:

Well, all this is irrelevant. The basic rule is: whatever happens in games must stay in games. If u can't pay it back using the same weaponry, u just a worthless loser.

Btw, if i was the one who got RL threats i wouldn't have no problem with it whatsoever. Wanna find out my real life address? U're most welcome to try! :wtg:
Doesn't work like a good advise prolly. Once the jinny is out of the bottle it's extremely hard to put it back...

I would have to concur on a few points mainly due to the feeling that MA has put exploits and the TOS on the back burner.

One one hand they can go off spouting a billion dollar figure in the virtual presidency, and on the other, those people that paid that...feel completely unacknowledged and have a lack of confidence that things do indeed have an order here.

Personally, anything that can claim billions...should probably have some third party oversight to make sure the environment is clean.

The suspicion has certainly been thrown around between possibly bugged guns, and supposedly favored avatars, without any public assurances otherwise from the company in charge, what else are people left to imagine?

That said, I don't see it as much, cause I'm off playing and doing my thing...but even hearing about exploits is enough to demoralize a grind a little.

Not correct
I got a wise sense of humor
Never reported someone to for insulting me
I only took that step IF they crossed the line with RL stuff.

I also have a big mouth eventually to talk some crap, for fun only, so im quite fine with jokes and all
But when they mention how they will get you and your family IRL, and even find you off EU, that gets off limits, wouldn't you agree?

I would have to concur on a few points mainly due to the feeling that MA has put exploits and the TOS on the back burner.

One one hand they can go off spouting a billion dollar figure in the virtual presidency, and on the other, those people that paid that...feel completely unacknowledged and have a lack of confidence that things do indeed have an order here.

Personally, anything that can claim billions...should probably have some third party oversight to make sure the environment is clean.

The suspicion has certainly been thrown around between possibly bugged guns, and supposedly favored avatars, without any public assurances otherwise from the company in charge, what else are people left to imagine?

That said, I don't see it as much, cause I'm off playing and doing my thing...but even hearing about exploits is enough to demoralize a grind a little.

Thanks for the reply, yea this is a point
EU broke several records for biggest online purchases, some cool advertising that is
I do understand they got a rather small team to reply supports, but some taking months to reply its beyond the reasonable point specially if they area serious cases. And some stuff are taken too lightly
In other MMOs that don't have half the cash running by, things are taken far more seriously.
EU should make an example of that because breaking rules for advantage here, will not only give you lvling faster but also give you real life cash by cheating over others. Not correct.

That's the recipe :wise:

sooner or later those who broke EULA/rules it will be vanish.

as about RL threats belong to RL laws

That's the recipe :wise:

sooner or later those who broke EULA/rules it will be vanish.

as about RL threats belong to RL laws

Sadly not really
I could name plenty who broke and still break the rules in various ways possible and yet they run around, doing the same, even if they had temp ban, it seems it wasnt good enough cos they carry on as nothing happened.
Ofc due to the rules I shall not reveal names for each case, but i dont take my conclusions on 1 go or 2, i take my time to see and i get the proof.

If you also read the rules and ask support yourself you know that kind of behaviour, threatening IRL and such isnt allowed at all and is punishable.

As taco said,
People that care for the game see less and less joy seeing such things happening when you can almost buy "immunity" making this a game with no rules at all, or the rules only work for some

What i see more and more is people who destroy it by spreading false rumers with all made up lies. this destroy alot.

I reported a botter with video, MA did lock account for 2 days, and how bad is a 2 day lock?

Reactions: cc.
What i see more and more is people who destroy it by spreading false rumers with all made up lies. this destroy alot.

Whatever you may refering, this is about the current state of EU as it is.

What i speak about i witnessed and for most cases I got proof of the flaws and how it is ruining the game and the trust of players to stick around

Back