Memorys

Found an old picture on one of my computers today :)

Missing many things from these videos :)

Sorry if this post would prove to become a necro, but well....it seems to fit the thread so anyway...

While searching (on Google) for stuff about the old PESE thingy, I stumbled upon this page

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Original_project-entropia.com/faq_2002

Wonder how accurate it is, but definitely the current EU is miles off from what was originally planned as written in the FAQ....so much so that the FAQ just seemed so.....erm...."alien". :lolup:

Nonetheless, still a good memory?

... players should experiment the very same feeling : "I am a pioneer, I have my chance".

... why don't you bring back some cool stuff from the past ?

Today there are places in EU were players can still experiment this feeling: "I am a pioneer."

And from the past, we need to have taming brought back.

Sure, eu looks more "modern" now, but, I preffered it back then. Now it just feels, empty. Kinda lacks heart, substance and "feel" *shrugs*. It's alot more "do your thing and get out, but we'll dress it up and hope you like it", bit like an over priced hooker :p

In one of pre T age VU
Ghosts can jump now...

I loved the thrill of PE. I made friends within and visited quite some of them. It used to be my favourite hobby for ~6 years and the way I saw it then, many more years to come.
Half a year after VU10 I stopped depositing. That is not for nothing...

I am still in there, only every now and then. Shooting some small iron mission critters with my last remaining gear. I used to own shadow/angel armor, an adj Fap, an MK-V ME and an iFF8k. None of those items are in my possesion anymore.
I have full Gremlin with 3 sets of plates, an adj M2722 and a Fap-90. 1 small apartment, even though I once was the proud owner of a mansion and quite some nice appartments.

Only my Black Boots and my Jade Coat remember me of the Kemp I once was. A Kemp who will probably never come back because the creators of my beloved world just simply messed up to many things, leaving their original path of a Sci-Fi multiverse more then once to many.
Eventually PE failed to become the world it could be. And the creators have finally uncovered their real face. A company without any other vision then trying to extract as much money as possible from their customers.

The feel is gone, the vision is gone, the belief is gone, the trust is gone.
All that remains is a mediocre game and lots of good memories of a terrific concept.

All that remains is a mediocre game and lots of good memories of a terrific concept.

This sums it up...

Reactions: Mac
Depressing much?

Although your points may be valid and true.. it's always better in the past
"the good old days"

Oldschool PE... :)

I miss project entropia very bad...
and even old school EU was ok...

this new thing we have feels a lot more forced and like a money pit that you start to harbor bad feelings towards...

atleast when you lost money in the old game it felt a little fun and exciting that your luck could change soon... now a days... not so much

Reactions: Mac
I loved the thrill of PE. I made friends within and visited quite some of them. It used to be my favourite hobby for ~6 years and the way I saw it then, many more years to come.

I am still in there, only every now and then. Shooting some small iron mission critters with my last remaining gear. I used to own shadow/angel armor, an adj Fap, an MK-V ME and an iFF8k. None of those items are in my possesion anymore.
I have full Gremlin with 3 sets of plates, an adj M2722 and a Fap-90. 1 small apartment, even though I once was the proud owner of a mansion and quite some nice appartments.

Only my Black Boots and my Jade Coat remember me of the Kemp I once was. A Kemp who will probably never come back because the creators of my beloved world just simply messed up to many things, leaving their original path of a Sci-Fi multiverse more then once to many.
Eventually PE failed to become the world it could be. And the creators have finally uncovered their real face. A company without any other vision then trying to extract as much money as possible from their customers.

Thanks for bumping this thread, I love seeing the videos and pictures here, so many old names and experiences to remember :)

I try to let it go, but they are my memories, so I just try to manage them. Its both a nice warm fuzzy place to go in my memory of a time and place that held so much fascination, wonder and possibilities, and its a dark place full of feelings of disappointment and loss.

I can't explain how powerful the feeling and experience was, nor can I transfer it to others who were not there, no matter how many stories I tell to try and explain it. IRL, I get blank stares and incredulity back from most people when I talk about it. I get an empty smile and a nod and I know they don't get it. After all, its just a video game, right? It often feels like even people who were there sometimes didn't have as powerful experience out of it as others. I don't really discuss it with people anymore. I do miss some of the friends I made back then a lot, especially one very special person I met in game, she and I used to spend so very much of our time together, so many great hours, days, nights, weekends together online in this world. But people move on for one reason or another and take their presence with them, and your left with the memories of the good times spent together.

For me, things started taking a turn for the worse as increasingly greed from MA and the players became more and more a part of the experience. The prices of everything was escalating so fast and going so high, prices were jumping on everything, you could sense the euphoria as the "traders" flooded in buying at one price today, marking up and selling for a higher price right away. Exploiters and scammers abound like sharks circling that smell blood in the water. MA was constantly nerfing, driving up the cost to play. I specifically remember the feelings I had that things were changing for the worse when they nerfed the 1x0 axe.

There were problems with progression, the way to end game experience with uber status was either you had been here since pre-gold and had skilled up and looted a lot of nice gear or bought it while it was really inexpensive to play, or you brought in a ton of cash and bought your way there. I remember how "natural skillers" talked about "chippers" and "the rich people" with disdain. Regular players were basically sidelined, only able watch it all happen with fascination and disgust, trying to make the most of what they could with what they had and just listen to stories of people "profiting" and seeing people on the ATH board hitting higher and higher All Time Highs, while others struggled to manage their small ped card balances for as much of the experience as they could get as long as they could get it. It was at this point in 2006 that I sold everything and chipped out. It was many years before I would come back and play again. It has never been the same. I do get a little nostalgic every now and then and pop back in to experience a little of what is left of what used to be. I'm happy its still around.

I am a vu9.4 avatar. I started playing when swamp camp was the noob Mecca, CP belonged to MA, Club NEVERDIE was an asteroid everyone liked instead of a shitty area on another planet nobody goes to.

I never got the chance to experience PE, but I feel much of the same loss from how it was when I started. It feels sometimes like we play in a game that was full, and vibrant, and maybe a little dirty, and someone poured antiseptic on it. I think I first noticed something going wrong when MA introduced vehicles. Prior to them being introduced, mobility in the game was something you had to work for. It forced us together, and gave a good opportunity for new players to connect with more experienced ones. EU was something you shared.

It's all disjointed, distant, and sanitary now.

I still play hard, and I even have managed to realize my very first goal from the day I downloaded the game of being able to profit significantly in the game, but I oddly miss those days when I was losing my ass on atrox, and taking noobs on TP runs for a breather. I miss funny glitches like running while laying down. I miss the umbranoid camps, and feeling like this game was something I could figure out. I know more about this game than I ever thought I would, and yet I don't think I can figure it out anymore, because MA changes stuff so fast for seemingly no reason it's impossible to figure anything out.

I still love this game, but not the way I did before. I MISS the old game, and I miss the people in it. I feel a little sad every time one of the avatars I thought of as "famous" when I was new starts up a selling out thread, and no matter how many new players and gadgets we get, the game feels a little more empty every time it happens.

You can tell how ancient that video is by the use of vimeo.

Old cnd party with Pink.

old make up movie.

It was a better game back then. It had something.
Cryengine killed it.
Now we have something with better graphics, with missions, with new things; polished and shiny like fake plastic trees.

I wish they would re release this to run alongside Entropia Universe.
I so miss the loots of items, the community spirit, the feeling that 'the next one will make me rich'.
The possibilities felt endless.

Entropia Universe has lost something important, and I'm not sure it can get it back...

I miss all those cosy chatter voices we made when we typed a msg.
Now it's just to quiet. :(

WOW! Nice flashback , awesome times we had with the old school platform ... :yay:

PS- Thanks for putting my only video made about entropia universe in your List

Demonikos :tiphat:

We can always dream ;p

True, when I think back to 2007, the PE was so cool. Even daydreaming back makes me nostalgic and creative at the same time.
Or I'm getting old.

What to say more? Exactly what i feel, and what all my friends told, before they left the game.
Oh, one word i find : SAD

Maybe therer are enough of us to create a replica using Unity and C#...but withouth the RCE bit. just so we could see what it was like to loot something :)

Back