Tnx MA for an unbelievable experience!!

Kemp

Stalker
Society
Via Dolorosa
Benevolent Kempuh Kemp
Yes, last year to 1.5 years, Project Entropia performance increased drastically to me. Sure it was my Internet Provider increasing the bandwith alot, and me upgrading from 0.5 to 1.25 gb of RAM... But definitely MA was pulling it out of their sleeves as well. The game performance enhanced alot...

Even VUs (the real big performance issues in the 1st year I played) went quite smoothly and without to much unnesicarry downtime and lag.

Untill this latest VU, 7.6... Tried to login at 14.00... Servers down. Cool!!! A new VU, let's wait for the fun. Logged in again at 16.00... Cooll!!! The download starts.

Then tried to run the game... Servers down for maintenance. Can happen... Then waited for 5 hours, only to still not be able to log in... Ow sorry, yes, I came in eventually, only to lose connection after 2 minutes and now "tote Hose" as the Germans say!!!

Very amateuristic!!! Sorry to say about my all time favourite game and development company...
But it's just true... Did not expect this anymore these days... :(

Experience rate... VU4.5 or so... :)

Kemp said:
Very amateuristic!!! Sorry to say about my all time favourite game and development company...
But it's just true... Did not expect this anymore these days... :(

Experience rate... VU4.5 or so... :)

Very amateuristic post. Sorry to say that about one of my alltime favorite vets and societies....
But it's just true.... Did not expect this these days.... :(

Experience rate.... n00b or so... :)

You should know better after all of the VUs you have been through.

DD
:evilking:

Devil Doll said:
Very amateuristic post. Sorry to say that about one of my alltime favorite vets and societies....
But it's just true.... Did not expect this these days.... :(

Experience rate.... n00b or so... :)

You should know better after all of the VUs you have been through.

DD

Could you plz specify?!! If you read carefully, you can see that I state that I haven't had these jinda bad experiences for VUs in a row now... Is it that hard for a professional company to keep on the good track?

Sure. You know you cannot judge a VU by the first few days. We won't know the end result for a few weeks. I hope we can step back and take a deep breath. Wait for things to settle. You know?

DD

Devil Doll said:
Sure. You know you cannot judge a VU by the first few days. We won't know the end result for a few weeks. I hope we can step back and take a deep breath. Wait for things to settle. You know?

DD

I am not talking content. That seems to be a great improvement to the game. I am talking performance of the game...

Performance about which MA stated in the beginning of the year that they improved it's base (servers etc.) drastically because of their revenues from the TI sale and all new players that came with this historical happening.

All other VUs this year went smoothly in my opinion, so why not this one?! Sorry to say, just amateuristic again. Seems MA can't keep up their own development pace compared to their technical capabilities once again.

And btw, maybe you can find a lill sarcastic humor in my 1st post?! If I really was fed up by all of this, I wouldn't be here anymore. It's just hilareous that I have to go thru the same crap again after over 2.5 years of play, even though it seemed MA finally got out of the BETA phase :)

cut it out, pleaze, big deal you can wait for a day or two and performance will be fine. It is just technical.

fresco said:
cut it out, pleaze, big deal you can wait for a day or two and performance will be fine. It is just technical.

Ok, I am out. Seems you guys don't get my lill statement...

Technical issues should not be an argument for a company that runs a virtual universe for 10 years...

It's kind sarcastically meant, I will login tonight when the servers let me. I love this game!! I just state that this kinda way to launch a very important VU is amateuristic... And it is!!!! Out....

Kemp said:
Ok, I am out. Seems you guys don't get my lill statement...

Technical issues should not be an argument for a company that runs a virtual universe for 10 years...

It's kind sarcastically meant, I will login tonight when the servers let me. I love this game!! I just state that this kinda way to launch a very important VU is amateuristic... And it is!!!! Out....

I agree with you on this one, but I am sure MA will do it better in the future. I don't know reason, but I hope Marco can clarify it some.
My guess is that they didn't really knew if update would be successfull and had a rollback plan ready if they had to wait until next week with it. Then they would probably say that PE only was don for maintenance today. (That would also be correct)

/Kjetil :cool:

Kjetil said:
I agree with you on this one, but I am sure MA will do it better in the future. I don't know reason, but I hope Marco can clarify it some.
My guess is that they didn't really knew if update would be successfull and had a rollback plan ready if they had to wait until next week with it. Then they would probably say that PE only was don for maintenance today. (That would also be correct)

/Kjetil :cool:

Seems someone a lill more experienced finally gets it, tnx :)
And now I gonna try login to the game that I like the most of all I ever played. Laterz :)

Well, to be honest I wasnt expecting it today, Marco hinted all last week that the internal testing guys were running into problems with the new mining system.

Its a major system update. =/ You should expect some downtime on the real servers.. The test servers can only simulate so many problems, and on such a major system change (basically, one third of all 'randomized' operations.) the transition is bound to require tweaks..

Always give it a day or two.. You know that Kemp. ;)

+pos repped to balance out all the neg you recieved from DD.

Dash Smashing said:
Always give it a day or two.. You know that Kemp. ;)

1. I already give it a 2.5 years, so I don't have problems with a lill waiting, I am experienced in that :). Just was surprised by the fact that MA all of a sudden did/does not seem to implement a new VU without technical problems (referring to the: It's meant kind sarcastically; VU4.5 etc).

2. I dunno DD and I did not expect such a fierce replies. Just tried to shake up things a lill. Get us all thinking about it some. Seems I dunno the behaviour on these fori enough yet. But that will come ;)

I agree totally with kemp especially since it's real money that is involved. If i lose REAL money because of the mining software bugs (try mining and you'll see what i mean) then I am NOT amused. They shouldn't rush out a VU that is not fully tested. If they can't test it on the test servers because it's too big of a change then they should shut down PE for as long as it takes. The way it is now we are paying heavily for their mistakes.
And before any-one flames me... please take 100 peds of bombs and probes and go out mining and see if you still are okay with how this VU is released...

There's at least one thread like this for each VU.

Rain Man said:
There's at least one thread like this for each VU.

hey, i appologise if my post looks harsh to you. perhaps woild have looked more friendly if i have added the above :dunce:

Dash Smashing said:

Kemp is a big boy and I am sure he can take care of himself Dash. Besides, you make it sound as if I have some super duper neg rep button. You, of all people, should know that neg rep doesn't count for that much. Though it does seem to bruise egos rather deeply.

I agree though. Post VU, never log in expecting much for AT LEAST a few days.

DD

Kemp makes good points, even if at first it sounds like whining.

A more polished and professional dev team would not have launched this vu today with these stability issues.

If they need to actually launch the vu to discover the issues (ie they are the result of a high load) then they need to revisit their QA and load testing methods.

Lets all hope that this somewhat botched VU will be corrected quickly, and that the sloppiness is mostly a result of MA using a new dev team?

Back