New Mentor Rewards?!

Jamesmynott

Provider
Society
Entropia Discord
Monkey_D JM9 Luffy
One of my disciples just graduated, my 7th and all have given me a 5 star rating. The first 6 times I have got Hunter Mentor Edition armour parts, mainly gloves and normally below 3PED TT.

This time I got ....

1x

Neurobiotic booster A4 10mg

Value 0.02
Increased skill gain 40%
For 36000.0s

Has a mistake happened?

I spend hours a week helping new players most of which aren’t my disciples and in addition to answering many questions I give lifts all out of my own pocket. All in the hope the player base will continue to nicely grow.

However I find this “reward” a little insulting

It is a small reward

Mentoring is reward in itself as you see your disciples grow and help others.

Just noticed it’s not new, so no mistake

Posts from 2013/14

Yea it's a rare reward imo, only way to get it and I collect pills, I was happy to get it.

Yeah if you actually play the game that pill can be quite useful, worth more than shitty 2 PED armour piece

It is a small reward

Mentoring is reward in itself as you see your disciples grow and help others.

This.

You don't want the mentorship gifts to be too nice and issued all the time because then you start getting people trying to add noobs as disciples the minute they set foot in game before they know any better all in an effort to rake in some free stuff for ZERO effort other than answering a few basic questions.

On another note though, MA needs to implement an affiliate program.

• Affiliate referrals to the game that spend $X and gain X skill should result in some sort of one off material gain for the person referring them.
  • Mentoring on the other hand should only be done for the intangible reward of helping others grow. If a disciple feels the mentor has helped them they can certainly offer the mentor something in return as a "thank you".

IMO I feel it makes more sense for it to be up to the disciple to reward the mentor rather than MA.

This.

You don't want the mentorship gifts to be too nice and issued all the time because then you start getting people trying to add noobs as disciples the minute they set foot in game before they know any better all in an effort to rake in some free stuff for ZERO effort other than answering a few basic questions.

• Affiliate referrals to the game that spend $X and gain X skill should result in some sort of one off material gain for the person referring them.
  • Mentoring on the other hand should only be done for the intangible reward of helping others grow. If a disciple feels the mentor has helped them they can certainly offer the mentor something in return as a "thank you".

IMO I feel it makes more sense for it to be up to the disciple to reward the mentor rather than MA.

MA does have an affiliate program. I am a member.

I run it on www.entropiatutorial.com

you can find my download affiliate link and account signup affiliate link on the site.

MA does have an affiliate program. I am a member.

I run it on www.entropiatutorial.com

you can find my download affiliate link and account signup affiliate link on the site.

I recall hearing about this but thought it was just a small few that were able to join for a breif period.

I was thinking more of a public program where everyone is able to be an affiliate would be better.

I recall hearing about this but thought it was just a small few that were able to join for a breif period.

I was thinking more of a public program where everyone is able to be an affiliate would be better.

You need to be able to confidently bring in hundreds to thousands of people to join, otherwise it's not worth the hassle for MA to setup, and the ease of abuse. If someone made an affiliate alt account, they would probably be able to hunt for a profit based on how the affiliate system works (giving a portion of decay back to the affiliate that referred the user)

With a little bit of common sense MA would have implemented tiered mentorship.
Example: Disciple reaches lvl 20, mentor gets x
Disciple reaches lvl 50, mentor gets y
Disciple reaches lvl 100, mentor gets z

Would remove any significant chances of abuse and would give something for people to mentor others towards.

You need to be able to confidently bring in hundreds to thousands of people to join, otherwise it's not worth the hassle for MA to setup, and the ease of abuse. If someone made an affiliate alt account, they would probably be able to hunt for a profit based on how the affiliate system works (giving a portion of decay back to the affiliate that referred the user)

Nice, that can be a very nice long term revenue stream.

Didn't know about that.

One of my disciples just graduated, my 7th and all have given me a 5 star rating. The first 6 times I have got Hunter Mentor Edition armour parts, mainly gloves and normally below 3PED TT.

This time I got ....

1x

Neurobiotic booster A4 10mg

Value 0.02
Increased skill gain 40%
For 36000.0s

Has a mistake happened?

I spend hours a week helping new players most of which aren’t my disciples and in addition to answering many questions I give lifts all out of my own pocket. All in the hope the player base will continue to nicely grow.

However I find this “reward” a little insulting

So you dit it for rewards only?!? They should take it back!

This.

Op got a 5 star mentor rating. So not "This" at all. You dont get 5 stars for ZERO effort.

On that site it says: "EntropiaTutorial.com is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with MindArk PE AB®" :confused:

Yes, MA has a requirement to have that on all sites that use their logo and other copyright.

It basically just covers there ass if I do something bad like be racist on the website or something stupid.
Affiliated has multiple meanings, in that instance it doesn't mean the same thing as affiliate program, it means that I act without their influence and thus they are not responsible for what may occur.

then you start getting people trying to add noobs as disciples the minute they set foot in game before they know any better all in an effort to rake in some free stuff for ZERO effort other than answering a few basic questions.

That is already in place long long time!

I often hear newer players speaking about their mentors, some haven´t even seen their mentor since they accepted him at start.

The good thing, the disciples can kick their mentors and get a new one.

mentor/disciple reward question

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this one shows up high on Google, and there's not many answers about the new rewards for both the mentor and disciple.

Does anyone know the reward for both mentor and disciple for graduation? Thanks.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this one shows up high on Google, and there's not many answers about the new rewards for both the mentor and disciple.

Does anyone know the reward for both mentor and disciple for graduation? Thanks.

Nowadays a mentor only get a hunter mentor armir part low tt...or a skill pill...(wouldnt bother about it)

a Graduated Disci can get the adj pixie armor on caly,adj Musca on ark, Rifi mentor on toulan?(iirc)
on most planets except 1 or 2 you get a jeep car too

Back