A honest feedback, my perspective on Entropia Universe RCE part

Status

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
Hyellow,

I will start with the good news (at least for many of you) and I will mention that, except potential trade messages, this will be my last message on forums (at least for a good while). The reason is not that I consider in any way that what I said was wrong or that I was somehow intimidated by the insults or threats that I received as a result of my posts (down to wishes to die of cancer or get r4ped and get AIDS in the process if I don't stop attacking them on forums), but simply because I understood that I'm fighting a useless battle against people that are too nearsighted to see farther away than their own interest and profit. Still, before quitting all these useless forum discussions that quite obviously are not leading anyway, I wanted to explain one more time my point of view; not for the people that are so deeply invested that will ignore it and fight it anyway, just like they ignored and fought every common sense point of view expressed here that was against their interests, but as a living testimony for everyone else.

First of all, I have to say that I really love Entropia Universe, the game and that for me it always felt like a great place to be, a place where I could always relax and have fun in the company of some great people, my only home in those times when I didn't had any other place to call home - so many places you can explore, so many people you can meet and befriend, so many things you can do, so many paths you can follow - truly the ultimate sandbox experience. That's why I really pity those people that are stuck on the profit part and are too blind to see how many amazing things our universe can offer us.

Sure, I would be a hypocrite to not admit that I was also attracted by the RCE part of the game and that I also dreamed about making money out of EU, especially that when I joined Entropia Universe I came here from another game which was also, at least to some degree, an RCE (you had the option to buy in-game currency with real money, and while you couldn't withdraw from the company items, selling currency, items and even avatars to other people was not only allowed, but even encouraged and supervised), which actually allowed me to make a somehow nice profit providing various services to other players.

In all the other games that I played, time equated money and high-level people were always more than happy to pay a new player to do the mundane tasks for them since they were able to make even more money doing things at their level, somehow similar to real life where rich people pay other people to do the mundane tasks for them. And, knowing that, as an autistic person, I'm feeling very comfortable doing repetitive, boring, menial tasks, I was sure that I will succeed, because I imagined that there will be a lot of demand for that kind of services. But, right after joining, I realized that Entropia is a completely different kind of game and that there's almost no such thing as being paid for your time; the demand for service providers were very few and in most cases there was no payment involved, but you just had to be thankful for the free skills (if you don't believe me, look how many people are advertising that they're healing just for decay).

That was also the time when I learned another valuable lesson, that (since there were no direct fee or payment to the game, but all the money that were deposited in the economy also had the potential to be withdrawn at a later time) the whole universe was governed by an entropy effect, in which all three main professions (hunting, mining, and crafting) were delivering constantly diminishing return and that playing only against the house was a sure way to end up losing all your money (aka you can't win in terms of TT returns).

That doesn't mean I didn't still try to optimize my game and still have a profit. I figured that the highest DPP setup I can have at low level was the TT pistol plus the ZX Sinkadus amp from the premium start-up package, which was offering me a 2.981 DPP, so I stick with this, limiting myself to mobs which I could hunt without giving them much chance for regen (so, mobs with maximum 50 HP, which I was able to kill in less than 10 seconds), plus multiple finishers (TT pistol - 5 damage, HK-110 - 4 damage, Pistol (SA) (L) - 2 damage) to minimize overkill as much as possible. I had also cut down my defense costs not close to zero, but exactly to zero - no armor, no fap, just an Aeglic Ring Adjusted (when my HP was running too low, I was simply resting, letting my natural regen do its job). Further more, I always hunted mobs which had the chance to deliver the highest possible markup, even if that required me to travel from planet to planet (Arkadia, Cyrene, Rocktropia) and I never TTed anything but sold everything for a price as high as possible. I also never jumped from one mob to another, but stick with a few thousand mobs (ofc not in one session, I didn't had the budget for that) before switching.

So I've done everything in my power to optimize my gameplay, by minimizing expenses and maximizing income; still, I was losing money. And you know what? I ended up being OK with that. I was content that I was doing my best to maximize my chances, I wasn't spending more than I could have afforded to spend and, most important, I had fun playing the game. Also, that was in line with what everyone around me was saying (that they also deposit, have fun, but eventually run out of money 'till the next deposit). So I figured that it was like it was supposed to be - we all had to pay our share, and by playing smart we could only make our money last longer and get more entertainment out of them.

So I diligently made my small deposits (as you can see from the print screen at the end of this post), I kept playing the game as smart and economical as possible, I kept losing money and I was somehow happy in my ignorance thinking that everyone else was doing the same. I was even looking highly respectful at the ubers (tacotuesday was probably my hero from the ubers; now looking back, guess he was not even really a uber, but he sure looked like one to me) appreciating them for the level they got to, for the time and money they put to get there and they still put in the game and I was sure dreaming that one day (years down the road) I could be like them.

Then I found out that some people actually manage to beat the house, consistently profiting on TT alone, grinding for hours just because more hours meant more money (or hire other people to grind for them 24/7) and withdrawing thousands of dollars per month. I don't say that this was their fault; they just saw an opportunity and took advantage of it, but in my vision that was clearly a problem - instead of everyone contributing to the best of our abilities to game expenses, some of us not only didn't contributed, but they were even taking home some of our money each and every month. That's when I understood that it's not because MA that I was not able to break even or at least get more entertainment out of my money, despite playing in the most eco possible mode, but because of these people that were taking away a part of money, leaving me with lower returns and with less entertainment time.

Then MA tried to fix that with the loot 2.0 update and a lot of people went up with forks and torches not only against them but also against people like me that simply stated their point of view that they don't want to pay for some other people's profits any longer. I was called all kind of names, I was insulted, I was cursed and I was threatened simply for the fact that I said that I don't find it fair that most of us to pay more than needed so a few "elite" ones to make a constant profit out of our backs. I have enough of this crap IRL where a few rich ones get richer on the backs of the poor ones; I don't need it in a game too.

I never had problems with people making a profit out of the RCE [Real Cash ECONOMY] (economy meaning interactions with other players, being paid for providing a service or something), but I do have a problem with people making a profit out of the RCG [Real Cash GRINDING].

So, starting today, I will stop fighting this useless fight against people that only care about their profits and not at all about the other players or the universe as a whole. I will just vote with my wallet and stop deposit, I will also limit my gameplay to sweating alone (no, not for selling the sweat and making a profit, but just because I find it relaxing) since this is the only activity I can think at which is not feeding other people's pockets. Also, since for zone out sweating and chatting I don't need any knowledge about game mechanics or anything, as promised from my first line in here, I will also stop using the forums (at least for the time being). Hope you all will be happy and you'll have a better forum/game experience without my posts and also hope you'll all profit (just that it won't be my money that you'll profit from any longer; that idiot finally woke up).

PS (later edit): Just to make it clear to some people that have some comprehending problems; I'm not quitting the game, just stop depositing 'till MA would stop once and for all this 100%+ TT returns craziness, because I don't want to feed the net withdrawers with my money any longer; also I'm not intending to stop using the forums (I may very well still need the trade section), just stop posting in these useless debates, where some people just have a personal agenda. Also, if you have something constructive to say please do so, otherwise please refrain from off-topic messages, thread derailing, trolling or ad-hominem attack because all these will be -rep. Thank you for your cooperation!

xj2rb4g.png

Last edited:
Ah there it is.... was only a matter of time..

Until next time...

Didn't you do this just 4 or 5 months ago? I'm not even gonna bother reading your rubbish this time.

Hmmm you haven't been back for long and already you are disappearing again?
I do have to say that since you have been back, you have posted nearly more messages than most people do in a year, maybe just read the forums instead of having to reply/post or create threads. I know it can be hard sometimes not to post a reply to what you read, but you are mainly just feeding the trolls around here.

Regarding your money going to others, well that has always been the case in this game. If you lose ped, it will go to someone else somewhere, not always going to the ubers at the top, you could be giving some mid level player a boost one day. When you profit, know that it is coming from someone else losing.

If you don't like how it works, then yes go back to sweating.

*Shrug* DoA made a lot of good points regardless, a lot of them made perfect sense for a variety of reasons on a variety of levels. Most, not all, just don't see the bigger picture and choose to ridicule her because of her lack of cycling compared to others or any other reason?

While I understand there's some fairly large "investments" that players have made in this game. One should NEVER expect to be profiting simply off of TT returns on a more than 51% basis. No matter how much gear or skills you have. Or at least it shouldn't be allowed. That's just a constant drain on the system, and sure, MA gets their decay from it and sure, you can say its only fair, I "invested" and spent the time. But...

Wheres the TT profit going to come from if every other player under them keeps losing themselves and decide to quit? What, tell them to hang in there and keep skilling and gearing up? What about everyone that ends up under this new person? Its an endless cycle that isn't sustainable and only really benefits the ubers so long as everyone is dumb enough to keep doing it. It's only sustainable because people keep doing it.

That's more or less where we had gotten too, too many people with too good of dpp draining on the system and not nearly enough people coming in at enough of a rate also dumb enough to do the same thing.

I'm one of those players that just wants to play because its fun, with no hopes of withdrawing. All I ask is that my 10-20 dollars a month (sometimes more) when I am actively playing, lasts. Which, throughout the years, it mostly hasn't (at times it has depending on the state of the game and various game updates...) which has resulted in a lot of frequent and sometimes long breaks. I take my money where I feel I get a value for my entertainment after all. I have only ONCE in all my years I've played since pre gold days withdrawn peds. Only because I was lucky and got a summer ring, which I sold and built myself a new computer that I wanted for a some time.

Instead, profits should come from exactly what DoA said, providing services, or at least, actually participating in the RCE by selling your goods to other players for a profit. Its not MA's fault if you overproduce and cant sell them to players so you have to TT it, it doesn't justify having positive TT returns on a consistent basis either.

Of course, its also MA's fault for not nearly having enough to do with a lot of what's produced from hunting and crafting, but at least it seems they are working on it now with loot 2.0.

But hey, I'm not a heavy depositer or a high cycler. What do I know in the end? Ill just play until I feel my 20 dollars or so a month isn't giving me my monies worth of entertainment for a variety of reasons, when compared to other games out there, some of them being completely free if I choose to.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoA
*Shrug* DoA made a lot of good points regardless, a lot of them made perfect sense for a variety of reasons on a variety of levels. Most, not all, just don't see the bigger picture and choose to ridicule her because of her lack of cycling compared to others or any other reason?

While I understand there's some fairly large "investments" that players have made in this game. One should NEVER expect to be profiting simply off of TT returns on a more than 51% basis. No matter how much gear or skills you have. Or at least it shouldn't be allowed. That's just a constant drain on the system, and sure, MA gets their decay from it and sure, you can say its only fair, I "invested" and spent the time. But...

Wheres the TT profit going to come from if every other player under them keeps losing themselves and decide to quit? What, tell them to hang in there and keep skilling and gearing up? What about everyone that ends up under this new person? Its an endless cycle that isn't sustainable and only really benefits the ubers so long as everyone is dumb enough to keep doing it. It's only sustainable because people keep doing it.

That's more or less where we had gotten too, too many people with too good of dpp draining on the system and not nearly enough people coming in at enough of a rate also dumb enough to do the same thing.

I'm one of those players that just wants to play because its fun, with no hopes of withdrawing. All I ask is that my 10-20 dollars a month when I am actively playing, lasts. Which, throughout the years, it mostly hasn't (at times it has depending on the state of the game and various game updates...) which has resulted in a lot of frequent and sometimes long breaks. I take my money where I feel I get a value for my entertainment after all. I have only ONCE in all my years I've played since pre gold days withdrawn peds. Only because I was lucky and got a summer ring, which I sold and built myself a new computer that I wanted for a some time.

Instead, profits should come from exactly what DoA said, providing services, or at least, actually participating in the RCE by selling your goods to other players for a profit. Its not MA's fault if you overproduce and cant sell them to players so you have to TT it, it doesn't justify having positive TT returns on a consistent basis either.

Of course, its also MA's fault for not nearly having enough to do with a lot of what's produced from hunting and crafting, but at least it seems they are working on it now with loot 2.0.

But hey, I'm not a heavy depositer or a high cycler. What do I know in the end? Ill just play until I feel my 20 dollars or so a month, isn't giving me my monies worth of entertainment for a variety of reasons, when compared to other games out there, some of them being completely free if I choose to.

I don't want to be mean here mate, but all this "value for money" etc etc; you are in net profit (deposits:withdrawals) - and an extremely high net profit at that - so it's incredibly hypocritical to say it shouldn't be allowed to profit off TT returns.

I don't want to be mean here mate, but all this "value for money" etc etc; you are in net profit (deposits:withdrawals) - and an extremely high net profit at that - so it's incredibly hypocritical to say it shouldn't be allowed to profit off TT returns.

I get that, seems like it when you look at just this avatar and the summer ring that I got.

I've had a few others in the past that I've used and deposited on, but later abandoned and deactivated after transferring items and such, for a few reasons, mostly due to name, avatar gender, looks, etc, cant just delete the character and make a new one kinda thing.

I get that, seems like it when you look at just this avatar and the summer ring that I got.

I've had a few others in the past that I've used and deposited on, but later abandoned and deactivated after transferring items and such.

Yes, I know. I know because you've told me, and there's no way you've ever deposited $2000 which is around the amount you sold the summer ring for.

It's just really hypocritical to say "I don't expect to profit" when in fact, you have heavily profited.

I think the largest item EVERYONE keeps forgetting about this game is just that.. IT'S A GAME!! It is meant to be entertainment. Like it or lump it, no one has promised you anything with EU.

Now not everyone likes the same entertainment. I personally hate GOLF but I also do not sit a preach about the evils of golf (white guys dressing up as pimps and chasing little white balls down neatly manicured lawns has got to have something evil involved). I just choose to not watch/play the game. I may play putt-putt because I find that fun but, again, I don't go on a rail about the rest of the game.

Please, go find what things that give you enjoyment in life and stop complaining about what others do for their enjoyment.

welcome to the disgruntled non-depositing crowd. (I just deposited another k tonight)

Hope to see you on entropiaplanets more soon along with many others that end up over there, lol... of course since McC is leaving game soon, that place will settle down and become obsolete again soon.

As for insults/flame wars, etc. Unfortunately there is a LOT of that in the forums. Some people have more 'thick skin' against it. Others, not so much. Ignore feature is nice to use if you want to start using it for uber haterz.

Mods do try, but they can only do so much.

At least you didn't get the hatred and heat like some in the forums from ancient days, such as MMA Bigshow, etc.

(*edit: ok now that this thread is approaching 13 pages that 'love' that MMA got is the same that you are probably feeling about now...*)

Last edited:
Yes, I know. I know because you've told me, and there's no way you've ever deposited $2000 which is around the amount you sold the summer ring for.

It's just really hypocritical to say "I don't expect to profit" when in fact, you have heavily profited.

I can understand that reasoning, id argue I've probably deposited more than that over the years, more so during the early years, but I honestly have nothing to support that claim since I'd have to log the previous accounts and see their deposit histories, which I cant at this point lol.

Still, I don't expect to profit nor do I play in the hopes of profiting really, ring was completely unexpected, more of a lottery win for me lol. Not only that, I wasn't really profiting off of TT returns, I was profiting from an exchange with another person. Bit of a difference to me at least.

Also, to be fair I'm not okay with ubers or high rollers losing potentially as much on average as MA is saying, since 3% off of 100k is a fairly large amount to lose. If a player had 51% negative runs and 49% positive runs leaving him at 99.5% TT returns overall (as an example here) there still profit to be made from markup at least, and I am absolutely okay with this of course if this was an everyday thing for the player. This still gives players something to strive for, to skill up, invest and be uber, an advantage gained from higher efficiency and/or dps. But purely from TT and by just simply hunting long enough, just seems like a drain on everyone else to me.

If were going to have people profiting off of TT returns as a permanent thing, there needs to be enough people not profiting, or not looking to profit off of TT returns to compensate for this and in large enough amounts to dilute the effect for the few that do TT profit.

To me, it seems, so far with 2.0 that it means there isn't anymore. The balance is off and needs adjusting apparently. 2.0 isn't fully rolled out yet either according to MA so who knows where more changes will take it from here.

Last edited:
Still, I don't expect to profit nor do I play in the hopes of profiting really, ring was completely unexpected, more of a lottery win for me lol. Not only that, I wasn't really profiting off of TT returns, I was profiting from an exchange with another person. Bit of a difference to me at least.

The two are exactly the same.

I've stressed this many times, but let me make it crystal clear once again - anyone who profits, TT or MU, is taking money from other players. MA have already taken their cut.

This is not a single player game. Please, all, start viewing the game like an online poker room. You compete with other players for the cash, but the poker room always takes their rake.

The issue with loot 2.0 is the whole system has reduced the reward for intelligence & heavy investment, while simultaneously decreasing the penalty for stupidity & low bankroll. Whether that's a good thing (I obviously think not) will only be determined by the turnover of peds over the next few months (and thus, the profit MA rakes from that turnover).

This thread is just the culmination of misinformation & misunderstanding <removed>. But I'm sure, it will repeat ad nauseam.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've stressed this many times, but let me make it crystal clear once again - anyone who profits, TT or MU, is taking money from other players. MA have already taken their cut.

This is not a single player game. Please, all, start viewing the game like an online poker room. You compete with other players for the cash, but the poker room always takes their rake.

The issue with loot 2.0 is the whole system has reduced the reward for intelligence & heavy investment, while simultaneously decreasing the penalty for stupidity & low bankroll. Whether that's a good thing (I obviously think not) will only be determined by the turnover of peds over the next few months (and thus, the profit MA rakes from that turnover).

This thread is just the culmination of misinformation & misunderstanding <removed> But I'm sure, it will repeat ad nauseam.

All this. It is amazing how so few understand the game they are putting money into.

Last edited by a moderator:

Of course you are still taking money from other players one way or another when you consider players are pumping the loot pools with the ammo they purchased from peds deposited either from themselves, or someone else.

The difference with TT and MU profit is with TT profit, all you interact with is the enemy and trade terminal, selling all you get killing them, isn't that a bit of a single player experience? With MU profit, at least the items are bartered with another player. At least in that situation your being compensated for your loses by having the goods you produced purchased and used by someone else who didn't want to take the time to do it themselves. Could be argued that those that don't TT profit just didn't take the time to do it themselves also and that profits you get from TT hunting could be for all the lose before.

Not everyone could have TT profit all the time though of course.

TT profit, especially where your barely even paying attention and just pressing a few keys to more or less autohunt... wouldn't matter much to me if there was a much higher player base then, the effect is diluted. TT profit would also matter a bit less to me if MA manages to make the economy better for crafters of all types by providing uses for all the loot. I guess I'm not really completely against it, its more of, we need a bigger player base.

Last edited:
...while simultaneously decreasing the penalty for stupidity & low bankroll.

I contend that lumping these two things together is what makes for much of the toxicity in the community, or especially this forum. Such arrogance is insufferable. If this is the (or one) intention behind the change, then it makes perfect economic sense for MA as it serves to broaden their base from fewer, heavier customers to more, lighter ones. You deal with it instead of getting to tell off people how stupid they are for being (relative) paupers. They are the ones smirking now. Getting one's own medicine tastes bitter, doesn't it.

DoA has a history of struggling to deal with the adversity or outright hostility after having come forward with something in this cybervenue. She is by far not the only one. Hope she doesn't allow to get discouraged by this. Actually it means that you are having an effect when people get angry. It means you're doing something right. We are not educated to embrace this at first, only exposure to the elements does strengthen this muscle.

This, thanks u wrote what i think..

Of course everytime i global i'm happy, but, since i know i'm taking from other players, i've never bragged about them.

Cheers

if we all follow your ingame no sense personal rules like "do not buy items from other players" game would die faster than u go.

Last edited:

He didnt profit off TT returns.
He just got a Lucky lottery ticket that gave him the ring.

That is TOTALLY different as getting constant TT returns, so he's being far from hypocrytical!

This, thanks u wrote what i think..

Of course everytime i global i'm happy, but, since i know i'm taking from other players, i've never bragged about them.

Cheers

A global is somthing different as looting a 10 ped ring.

Last edited:
All this. It is amazing how so few understand the game they are putting money into.

It's amazing how incredibly arrogant some people get here with their condescending posts.

Last edited:
how can you not see the HUGE difference between making money from trading items to other players and TT profitting via hunting? thats just fucking insane...
ill explain it:

when tt profitting on hunting you do something where its not 100% clear how the loot mechanism works. you are taking money from other players with them not knowing / fully understanding why. its kind of a hidden mechanism.

when trading items to other players they are willingly giving you the peds for said item. its a trade. its okay for both sides. both sides agreed upon the terms of said trade.

when hunting you cant agree on something you dont know. you just do it and hope the best or try to analyze it but in the end you just dont 100% know why it is happening.

Last edited:
...A global is somthing different as looting a 10 ped ring.

who did speak about a ring? the only ring i looted was a crappy 8ped (L) one and i dont consider it a global :D

i bought all others ring i had..

who did speak about a ring? the only ring i looted was a crappy 8ped (L) one and i dont consider it a global :D

i bought all others ring i had..

because of this post:

I'm one of those players that just wants to play because its fun, with no hopes of withdrawing. All I ask is that my 10-20 dollars a month (sometimes more) when I am actively playing, lasts. Which, throughout the years, it mostly hasn't (at times it has depending on the state of the game and various game updates...) which has resulted in a lot of frequent and sometimes long breaks. I take my money where I feel I get a value for my entertainment after all. I have only ONCE in all my years I've played since pre gold days withdrawn peds. Only because I was lucky and got a summer ring, which I sold and built myself a new computer that I wanted for a some time....

and this reaction:

I quite like DoA on a personal level. Have chatted in skype. Have hired her from time to time.

But I call bullshit on the majority of the OP.

I make my profit from other players. I do that from selling to them at MU. That's taking money out of other people's pockets but hey, no one is forcing them to buy from me. And no one has to sell to me at the prices I buy crafting ingrediants. Making MU work for you is a fundamental part of the game and I don't think anyone would argue with that.

It's very difficult to profit on TT values alone. I don't. Most players don't. But some do and they have done so through heavy investment, buying the required gear from other players at MU, and developing the knowledge and skills to put it to good use. That's not taking money from other players. That's taking the money from MA, and more power to them for doing so. I don't believe their TT profit affects my TT loss at all. I'm yet to see anything from MA suggesting anything to the contrary.

If you play with low skills and/or low budget, then TT profit simply isn't going to be an option for you. Just like in the rest of life it takes money to make money. That has nothing to do with other people's returns. You might, if you are knowledgable, come out ahead based on MU, though my feeling is that has got harder with loot 2.0 (I still don't really understand "optimum loot").

So I am a bit over the ill will towards those who have managed to break through the TT return barrier. Play to your own style and stop worrying about other people ffs.

DoA also talks about personal attacks and lack of civility. It's a sad fact of life that many folk will write appalling things online that they would never do in person. All I can suggest is doing ones best to stay out of personal disputes and reporting posts or pms that cross the line.

When you bring people stuff they really want, they gladly give you their PED, without any coercion on your part. They do not question if you put in enough effort, or if you made enough 'investment' - they reach for their PED cards and pay you.

On several occasions though, I've been asked if I make 'enough' profit - because people wanted the business to continue.

Discussing entitlements on the forum, on the other hand...

(hint: they fought NOT because they were different)

The Poker table comparison is apt, although MA probably doesn't like the association (regardless, or actually, because of the wrongful perception of Poker as a game of luck rather than skill). However, where in Poker wisdom do you hear anyone say that a small bankroll is associated with stupidity rather than a big one. That's why there are $0.01 ante tables and $10 tables. Same thing here with mob size.

I also don't get why there are always people complaining they are to be told what to do when such discussions take place. Nobody is telling you what to do. Everybody who raises questions for patterns first and foremost is trying to find best practices for themselves, and if there is something for others to glean from then only the better. Leave it if you don't like it.

For accusing people with more forum posts than registered globals -- I am enjoying the show more with every instance. You can do the Rumpelstiltskin dance all day long, you're not getting to tell anybody to go away. No amount of money is buying you this power.

:popcorn:

The reason is not that I consider in any way that what I said was wrong or that I was somehow intimidated by the insults or threats that I received as a result of my posts (down to wishes to die of cancer or get r4ped and get AIDS in the process if I don't stop attacking them on forums), but simply because I understood that I'm fighting a useless battle against people that are too nearsighted to see farther away than their own interest and profit.

Near-sighted ? You're using pre-made "arguments" only when they're somewhat benefical to you, and when they can be used against yourself in another of your own threads, in another context, you close your eyes ? That's what I pointed out with my "random quotes" on one of my previous posts. You can literally argue with yourself.

The only times you're somewhat trying to actually backup your ideas, you're using the very fundamentals of statistics and expect it to be enough ? I've never seen you use anything else than the law of large numbers or some other first-grade "formula". Formula that doesn't even make sense if you take some time to analyse the game as it doesn't fit. Don't expect anything from something so easy to get.
Near-sighted again ? Maybe you should start to learn what you can do with numbers, you're obviously only seeing the easiest part.

"Attacks on forum", really ? "To do evil", that's pretty hypocritical coming from someone who just spammed reputation comments only to be able to negrep me again. Please do it again. I won't even bother un-ignoring you to read what you have to say next time.

179722Another.png

You do not even deserve my pity, trying to show yourself as a victim everytime.

Everything that was originally "a game" has a professional part in it. Any sport (football, rugby...) any esport (League of Legends, Hearthstone...), even "classic" games have RMT, though it isn't built-in it exists everywhere.

I still haven't seen any answer about CLDs. Is it fine for you [reader], to pay 50% to deed holders that probably don't even login or cycle anything, but not to dedicated players ?

Don't even bother trying to say I have this stance because I'm profiting, I have less left on my avatar than I deposited. Though I sure do expect to be able to, in the end. That's the goal of the game... And once again I don't care about it being TT or MU.

You don't even realise how hard Markup can screw you, as a player, especially since Loot 2.0.

Regards,
Inistae Sephoris.

Last edited:
The Poker table comparison is apt, although MA probably doesn't like the association (regardless, or actually, because of the wrongful perception of Poker as a game of luck rather than skill). However, where in Poker wisdom do you hear anyone say that a small bankroll is associated with stupidity rather than a big one. That's why there are $0.01 ante tables and $10 tables. Same thing here with mob size.

I also don't get why there are always people complaining they are to be told what to do when such discussions take place. Nobody is telling you what to do. Everybody who raises questions for patterns first and foremost is trying to find best practices for themselves, and if there is something for others to glean from then only the better. Leave it if you don't like it.

For accusing people with more forum posts than registered globals -- I am enjoying the show more with every instance. You can do the Rumpelstiltskin dance all day long, you're not getting to tell anybody to go away. No amount of money is buying you this power.

:popcorn:

Well I think you need to look at what I wrote. I wrote people are being penalised less for stupidity and low bankroll, not that people with low bankroll are stupid.

My point is, it was far too common where people with 1k ped would go and hunt spiders and then come to the forum raging about their "40% returns".

There's nothing wrong with hunting at your level; but also those players would be rewarded appropriately to their risk - 100ped bankroll & hunting foul young doesn't and shouldn't allow loots of modfaps, modmercs etc. Only those willing to invest in 50k USD setups and spend 1M cycle on a mob.

The issue I have with it all (it being anti-profit sentiment) is that a) better players should be rewarded and b) the whole game is built on the fucking concept.

those players would be rewarded appropriately to their risk - 100ped bankroll & hunting foul young doesn't and shouldn't allow loots of modfaps, modmercs etc. Only those willing to invest in 50k USD setups and spend 1M cycle on a mob.
As the system is now, it won't allow that typically. HOWEVER, IT SHOULD... In theory, every mob should allow anyone to loot anything at any time... That actually was a bit of a 'promise' from ancient days in some ways... one that never was really true... it should have been though...

it's not true since the 'loot tables' exist...

but in ancient days there were some devs that claimed that any mob could theoretically drop any item in game...

“Various items are more common at various times. All items can be found in PE, at any time,”

Personally I've always felt that they should do something like the loot table for 'average loot' but then for the 'rares/globals, etc.' do a different system wide table that would allow 'any item' to global on any mob to get folks at all levels hunting more, etc. Nowadays with the webshop they sort of did that but on reverse since everyone is 'equal' in their chances to loot something from the boxes, but all of that happens in the webshop and box opening (which can be done without even logging in to the main game), and has nothing to do with what actually is happening in loot... perhaps loot 3.0 can change that? It would piss ubers off, but you should be able to loot uber gear from puny on occassion or on mid-level mobs, etc.... maybe not often, but sometimes rarely, etc.

Since Mindark is changing the way the system works, maybe it can happen eventually someday?... you know so uh, those 'promises' from 2005 can actually be 'kept' even if it is over a decade later.

Last edited:
Status
Back