What should I have done?

LeFae

Old
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Anna LeFae Spiritus
Im stuck at something of a predicament in PE :x Earlier today when I was hunting as usual around Phoenix I was killed by a Berycled (forgot to heal) and then when I went back to finish killing the mob Id almost already killed. A bunch of noobs had begun to sweat my mob. So I told them that this was a mob Id been killing and that I was going to finish it of so that they would have a chance to find another one. So after I kill it these noobs start insulting me for killing it.
Should I have left them to sweat the mob or no?

And yes if it does matter in this issue, it was worth it. Since killing this mob obviously did help me raise my skill, but also in its loot payed for the entire decay of that axe and gave me a fap 10 which has turned out to be a very nice skilling fap.

*Edit* Had to fix a typo ;)

Last edited:
I think you made the right choice. The newbs shouldn't have been so rude esspecially after you told them the situation - which was a good choice also.
Sounds like it was your mini too, so that makes it all even better! :silly2:

You made the right choice IMO, esp. since the mob was over 50% damaged by you.

There are hundreds of other monsters out there the noobs can go sweat for free, they don't need to disrupt people hunting.

- Deathifier

yea you defintly did the right thing newbs should know not to sweat in hunting grounds. Thats what i always teach mine. Thats the whole part of sweating is trying to find a place where nobody hunts to "trap" one and sweat it by yourself so YOU get all the sweat.

It was ok imo.

I tried something similar once (almost 2 years ago).
I was out mining, had found a very good spot with lots of ores, i ran out of bombs so i went to town to get more bombs, when i came back to the spot another miner was mining "MY" ore :(
I explained that i was mining there 5 mins before and intended to start mining there again, so i did, and the other miner started calling me a spot stealer and that i should find my own place to mine, but it was my place :(

I usually always find somewhere else to mine if another miner is nearby, that's pretty normal for miners to do that, a hard choice but in this case i just had to continue mining :(

(This isnt happening anymore as i now know my spots and always bring plenty of bombs, but back then i didnt know all spots, and didnt have much peds for hundreds of bombs)

You did the right thing and death to all noobs! :cool:

Knuckles said:

:girl: your evil Knuckles :silly2:

Knuckles said:

Damn , you are agressive dude :s

I am a noob reseller by the way :D :laugh: lol

I think you did the rite thing after all your told them what was happenign and if they dident move then they where being very rude, noobs should stick to sweating near PA as we all know that the sweaters are there and we can avoid hunting in those places

Its a free for all deary ;)

Everyone needs to stop worrying about stepping on ppl's toes!

Do you deposit? i assume you do...so why on earth would you be worried about finsihing off a mob that you have wastes us$ in killing to stand by and be insulted by non-depositers? :confused:

Have your fun and remember any mob is fair game :D

You did the right thing there m8. Was your mob after all... They probably saw an easy way to sweat the mob and took it as their right ingame. So next time, if this happens again... just kill your stuff and go on your way. Noobs should understand the other people also live ingame and that we were all noobs once.

Greetz

What you did was fine in my book. I've had people claim it was their mob that I began shooting at after they Revived,so i give them the benifit of the doubt and stop.

Problem is everytime a mob kills me it regens to full health no matter how fast I get back.

Off topic: Do all mobs do this or only weaker ones?

Darkscorp said:
Off topic: Do all mobs do this or only weaker ones?

Since VU 7.1 yes.
Though, eventhough they appear to have full health they are very easy to shoot, always been like that, also before VU 7.1, like yesterday i shot a full health Atrox Mature with only 3 shots of my EP-41, but ofcourse it gave the infamous "This loot is claimed by someone else".

So although they have regenerated and seems to have full health they are much easier to shoot.

Kalashi said:

Do you deposit? i assume you do...so why on earth would you be worried about finsihing off a mob that you have wastes us$ in killing to stand by and be insulted by non-depositers? :confused:

Ya- I don't go around stealing mobs that are being sweated, but in this case who cares :confused: I am not saying that some1 can actually "own" a mob, but I don't see the big predicament frankly. You did the dmg, went back for it, newbs sweating it when a hundred other berys were probably right around the corner.... I would have killed the mob and then told them a few choice words in return after their rudeness ;)

Kalashi said:

Due to some money issues Ive not yet had the chance to deposit yet :rolleyes: But instead, Ive made my way through trading, mining, and hunting, with the occasional rig run when Ive nothing else better to do :x

But to those who look down on non-depositers, once my family moves and my dad gets settled with his new job things should be secure again :D

I also think that you did the right thing,and they had no right to insult you after proper explanation...

they didn't lose anything, they can just fin anothermob to sweat and the problem is solved..

but things like that happen of course many times, also in real life..

When I was tiny, and I was playing on a sand pile, then went home for a drink or piece of food and I returned back, there were another kids playing, my sand-castle destroyed (sneeze) and I had to play elsewhere... :rolleyes:

whatsoever... :)

Back