Notice regarding inquiries referring to selling of avatars:

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
As stated in the EULA 2.2 Restricted Use, a participant, may not sell, lease, sublicense or otherwise transfer any rights to the Entropia Universe System to third parties.

Which means that we do not support the selling of avatars, doing so will lead to an account suspension.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

With the exception if buyer is gonna turn a lot of pedz!! As it seems

So why not implement a more expedited process to remove yourself from the game?

People likely want to withdraw real cash, from this real cash economy... why not provide them a utility to do so in an adequate manner?

ESI's .. blah blah blah... implement a tool that requires two party agreement to strip "Avatar A" of all inventory, skills, etc... and "Avatar B" inherits those skills, items, etc...

Who'd want to buy a buggy ped-losing avatar anyway? Much better off to create a new one that at least has a chance at being chosen as a "special one" and get great loot all the time.

"We do not support" is not equal to "we forbid", suspension is not a ban, and EULA 2.2 in its current form is too vague to really mean anything. You want to stop speculations regarding trading of avatars - add an explicit prohibition to the EULA and release an unambiguous statement about that.

Appreciate the official statement but has no bite to it since we know several of the "ubers" aren't their originals.

It's great - no, magnificent - to see a more proactive MindArk - +rep to the company.

With regards as to what has happened before, MA can't change the past or how they acted in the past. As long as from today, accounts are banned if they are sold between players, then I can only support this :)

WRT ESI sellouts- yes it's a bit of a pain (its meant to be...) but it's more than possible to sell out your skills via this method, I've done so twice fully.

You scream a lot but don't do shit...
Are you gonna start banning now?

No..
then why would people stop breaking the rules?

Request for sticky please. Also, request for punitive measures for those that have purchased avatars although I am sure proof will be complicated.

With the exception if buyer is gonna turn a lot of pedz!! As it seems

2017-03-12 17:35 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi BeYonD,

Thank you for contacting us.

As stated in the EULA 2.2 Restricted Use, a participant, may not sell, lease, sub license or otherwise transfer any rights to the Entropia Universe System to third parties.

If we notice that this account has been sold, the account will be suspended.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

But as we know they close the eyes to others avatar sales
shame,,,,

In my opinion a supported process of transferring every skill (not including the attributes) from one avatar to another OVERWRITING the existing skills on target should be supported. MA could take a fee for such a service from both parties to ensure they are existing and its fair game. They could also deduct some value (10%) from each skill to make sure skill quantity is still diminished.

Why:
* we have all heard that in some cases MA has helped to make it official
* we all know many unofficial transfers have happened before and the new owners mostly are in a funny situation where the original owner could take the avatar back if he/she wanted to
* people complaining every day but not willing to sell out (one of the reasons being since they feel trapped) are just trashing the community, this might be a way out for them and for ones willing to try a way in
* ubers selling out and sinking all the skill prices to all time lows are not helping
* ffs, this is a RCE and skills are sell-able, why not all at the same time...

Hello , I have a question to make , I am wishing to sell my account , I want to know what options do I have, Ive understanded that the Avatar sales are allowed , even knowing that lots of these were been sold already and they are still used by the buyers .
So I want to know what actions do I need to make , for what I can transfer it , or better for what Im allowed to tranfer it ? Ped or RL cash , how can be maded totaly legal and so on.
I know that is posibly even because , its a Avatar where I invested money , so Its like a proprierty which i have in EU.
Second I know that could be persons that could invest more in the future in an avatar already grown. so they can buy better gear and they could have better bankroll , Ive been even contacted by someone that was willing to buy it, invest in it for competing in further competition, thing that im not willing to do it anymore , even that i dont have any posibilities at the moment , having others priorities.
Thank you and Im waiting a response by you side that could make me have an ideea about the steps I should make.
Kind regards,
Ioan

first question made

after their answer

But why someothers avatars were been sold and nothing was made ? how it is that no account was suspended ? Its because are big payers or what ? and how they have managed to do the deal ?

14. No Assignment

You may not assign this Agreement or transfer Your Entropia Universe Account to anyone, except to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement or if obtaining a prior written consent from MindArk. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Your Entropia Universe Account will be disposable by Your legal successors by inheritance subject to terms and limitations, as applicable by MindArk from time to time. Any attempt to transfer, give or grant Your Entropia Universe Account in breach of this ToU will be null and void. MindArk may assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any other company, firm or person without any limitations.

From this I see " MindArk may assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any other company, firm or person without any limitations."

And even in the Third Party's Items Purchase Agreement i dont see nothing that can make me get the account suspended . So if you can provide me the exactly frase where is writter that i cant sale or donate my account because this is restricted and therefore ill be banned, I will be pleased.
If not regarding of this , i estimate my avatar price at a price of 5000 dollars and for this I will contact an lawer to set the thing up in more legal way .
Thank you for the understanding.

P.S. i hope you can answer even to the first question .
Have a good night

So Im waiting for they exactly answer , because as Das said , the words are speacking but the facts no , and still they do not forbit it , so in this case Im willing to contact a lawyer to clarify the situation , because , the cash invested in the avatar and for the time spent on the last 7 years , I should be free to do whatever I want with my Avatar .

2017-03-12 17:35 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi BeYonD,

Thank you for contacting us.

As stated in the EULA 2.2 Restricted Use, a participant, may not lease, sub license or otherwise transfer any rights to the Entropia Universe System to third parties.

If we notice that this account has been sold, the account will be suspended.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

But as we know they close the eyes to others avatar sales
shame,,,,

In my opinion a supported process of transferring every skill (not including the attributes) from one avatar to another OVERWRITING the existing skills on target should be supported. MA could take a fee for such a service from both parties to ensure they are existing and its fair game. They could also deduct some value (10%) from each skill to make sure skill quantity is still diminished.

Why:
* we have all heard that in some cases MA has helped to make it official
* we all know many unofficial transfers have happened before and the new owners mostly are in a funny situation where the original owner could take the avatar back if he/she wanted to
* people complaining every day but not willing to sell out (one of the reasons being since they feel trapped) are just trashing the community, this might be a way out for them and for ones willing to try a way in
* ubers selling out and sinking all the skill prices to all time lows are not helping
* ffs, this is a RCE and skills are sell-able, why not all at the same time...

If I read this correctly, your ava is up for a ban as like many other top players..
Curious to see if those ppl get a warning & stop doing what they are doing

check your reading skills in my case (or maybe my English is awful)
would I want to transfer my ava in the way I described if it was officialized? maybe one day not in the far future if they keep on fucking me as hard return wise as they have been last half year or so
If I read this correctly, your ava is up for a ban as like many other top players..
Curious to see if those ppl get a warning & stop doing what they are doing

IF this is the case, I hope a whole bunch of people get banned as at least 50% of top avatars in game are not played by their originial owners..

"We do not support" is not equal to "we forbid", suspension is not a ban, and EULA 2.2 in its current form is too vague to really mean anything. You want to stop speculations regarding trading of avatars - add an explicit prohibition to the EULA and release an unambiguous statement about that.

strongly agree, it's good that they put out something like this but it would be a lot better if they made their stance more clear.

would I want to transfer my ava in the way I described if it was officialized? maybe one day not in the far future if they keep on fucking me as hard return wise as they have been last half year or so

If I were you, I would be quiet on this topic mainly due to the bolded part:

Notice regarding inquiries referring to selling of avatars:
As stated in the EULA 2.2 Restricted Use, a participant, may not sell, lease, sublicense or otherwise transfer any rights to the Entropia Universe System to third parties.!
Which means that we do not support the selling of avatars, doing so will lead to an account suspension.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

You're (just) on the right side of a very grey area with allowing people to play your avatar for payment. Mainly because the bolded infers one would charge a fee, while you pay one.

Reactions: das

The 1st rule of Sell Avatar Club is... you do not talk about Sell Avatar Club ;)

if by fucking you hard means you lose at 20-40ped mob grinding well.... i see that as self-inflicted further cutting at the wrists by paying people to hunt. I get it, you wish you could always do what you have been.. but you can't. You aren't at the top of the dpp chain anymore.

My avatar is originally owned, operated, stripped, and rebuilt for the last 12 years by ME! :yay:

The avatar, like every other object in this RCE universe, should be able to be sold. MA should act as escrow between the buyer and seller, and like any other escrow, take a fee for facilitating the exchange between the buyers and seller. If MA don't want to do it, they should sanction others to take on that role for fun and profit! I know of many that have done that over the years anyway, its like buying and selling used cars for them. Its better off done open and transparently, because the way it works now it just creates a black market.

My avatar is originally owned, operated, stripped, and rebuilt for the last 12 years by ME! :yay:

The avatar, like every other object in this RCE universe, should be able to be sold. MA should act as escrow between the buyer and seller, and like any other escrow, take a fee for facilitating the exchange between the buyers and seller. If MA don't want to do it, they should sanction others to take on that role for fun and profit! I know of many that have done that over the years anyway, its like buying and selling used cars for them. Its better off done open and transparently, because the way it works now it just creates a black market.

Avatars are a bank account. You cannot give your bank account to someone else.

There are already mechanisms to remove your skills to sell. There is nothing more needing done.

I am really loved here :) just tried to make a suggestion that would kind of make sense both for ma and those willing to sell, no harm to community. Seems no one even read it but 3 off topic responses on it.
As for the one telling me to shut up go... I am not hiding and can speak up my mind.
As for the person who puts advertising his Arcadia nonsense above everything in every thread I consider anyone loosing 1500$ per month with some of the best equipment and skills in game for any longer duration fucked. Besides it is completely off topic my point was that yes I would like to have options to transfer ownership of something I have invested a lot of time and money in other than buying a zillion of esis lowering the skill prices even more.
Imho the statement made is to be seen as any form of change of ownership which is not my case at all.

There are already mechanisms to remove your skills to sell. There is nothing more needing done.

An avatar is associated to a bank account, like any association, it can be changed, they just don't want to.

I have always wondered how people get around the back details part.

"Can I make a withdrawal to my friend's bank account?

No. You have to make the withdrawal to your own bank account. The name on your Entropia Universe account must match with the name registered on the bank account you wish to withdraw your money too. If the name is different on the bank account, the transfer will fail and the payment will be returned to MindArk."

An avatar is associated to a bank account, like any association, it can be changed, they just don't want to.

Unless spouse, banks don't change names on bank accounts. The rule with EU has always been reputation of your names and all matters. It is unchangeable. Why go through all this hassle of requiring mindark to put up some other apparatus that no one here is going to like anyway? Just continue to use the ESI mechanisms.. unless you are absolutely hell bent on killing the last big markup thing in this game.

I am really loved here :) just tried to make a suggestion that would kind of make sense both for ma and those willing to sell, no harm to community. Seems no one even read it but 3 off topic responses on it.
As for the one telling me to shut up go... I am not hiding and can speak up my mind.
As for the person who puts advertising his Arcadia nonsense above everything in every thread I consider anyone loosing 1500$ per month with some of the best equipment and skills in game for any longer duration fucked. Besides it is completely off topic my point was that yes I would like to have options to transfer ownership of something I have invested a lot of time and money in other than buying a zillion of esis lowering the skill prices even more.
Imho the statement made is to be seen as any form of change of ownership which is not my case at all.

If you mean, Mr. calling people rednecks and other pejoratives, my forum signature, would you like to call out everyone else who has a forum signature? Including yourself and your LAs when you had them? Grow up.

Seems to me you shouldn't call arkadia nonsense when what you are doing over on calypso isn't helping you at all. Seems you are content getting big ATHs and HOFs and then subsequently getting a correction period....or don't see it in your logs.... my bad, I won't attempt to help you (or at least roll through stats with you) next time if that is the prism you wish to view my infos with.

In my email signature, I have a quote by Adam Urbanski. If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you've always gotten.

Last edited:
I have always wondered how people get around the back details part.

"Can I make a withdrawal to my friend's bank account?

No. You have to make the withdrawal to your own bank account. The name on your Entropia Universe account must match with the name registered on the bank account you wish to withdraw your money too. If the name is different on the bank account, the transfer will fail and the payment will be returned to MindArk."

What people seem to miss with these accounts in an RCE is that the game is vulnerable to money laundering. Rules and such must be put in place so that it is not easy to participate in such activities that puts the game in serious jeopardy. With all the games that have come and gone, the one main thing that has killed a few of them (Diablo 3 auction house) is ML or negative chargebacks.

Just use the in-game mechanics. It would be easier for them to allow more ESIs to drop than to put something ELSE in the game that is not value-add at all.

Back