PP amps

Alukat123

Stalker
Son Alukat Goku
hey, now with the new armatrix amps , are all the PP amps are getting adjusted to have 85% efficiency as well?
If so, is this going to happen soon?
if not, can we expect PP amps just to die like some/many of the PP weapons did, when you've introduced armatrix guns?

The frequency calypso dashes out high efficiency hunting equipment kinda feels like an arms race between caly and other PP's drawing people over to their planet with caly in full arms while the other planets look rather defenceless.

I miss a concept or a guidance from mindark to coordinate the "aging" of old gears between all planets and i guess there isn't anything like this in place. When you beomce a PP youve been told, you cant live from the existing player base you need to make efforts to get your own players, yet caly is leeching off every player they can grab from other PP's with that high efficiency guns and amps.

How is that fair ? How is that reassuring to work with mindark as a PP ? It kinda feels like a 2 class system with caly as the king and the other PP's have not the same rights as the king.

The frequency calypso dashes out high efficiency hunting equipment kinda feels like an arms race between caly and other PP's drawing people over to their planet with caly in full arms while the other planets look rather defenceless.

ArMatrix blueprints drop on all planets, and many can be crafted on other planets.

Some materials however are not available in parts of the universe - e.g. Toulan or Monria do not have any robots that could loot robot components, RT does not have cumbriz (afaik), Cyrene has no copper or magerian etc., etc.; I wonder if there could be a centralized solution to material availability, or will this be left to PPs?

On a side note, I'm curious as to how ArMatrix is going to enter clothing business. :laugh:

ArMatrix blueprints drop on all planets, and many can be crafted on other planets.

that may be true, however it doesn't change the fact, that PP-specific weapons/amps just die and with them the MU of PP-specific hunting loot.

So when PP-specific hunting loot MU dies, then the crafting on that planet may just die as well.

I miss a concept or a guidance from mindark to coordinate the "aging" of old gears between all planets and i guess there isn't anything like this in place. When you beomce a PP youve been told, you cant live from the existing player base you need to make efforts to get your own players, yet caly is leeching off every player they can grab from other PP's with that high efficiency guns and amps.

How is that fair ? How is that reassuring to work with mindark as a PP ? It kinda feels like a 2 class system with caly as the king and the other PP's have not the same rights as the king.

Yep, too true. Remember thinking that's it for the looted Ark guns when Armatrix came out. Those guns once were a big drawing factor & sold at good MU. Not sure what they're selling for now. Haven't actually checked thanx to Armatrix availability. Hell, i don't even remember what they are called just now!

Might be a worthwhile fine tuning to offer planet specific versions of arma bp's. Vary by buff...Caly has 10% skill gain, ark 10% reload, rt 10% crit chance etc.

OR

change ingredient composition to include (at least) 1 planet specific ingredient per weapon type. arma blp bps using 1 ark specific mined/hunted resource per bp. arma laser bp using 1 cyrene specific mined/hunted resource etc.

Probably would never get it perfect since some weapons & weapon types are more popular than others. Though it may slow down the interplanetary arms race and balances things a bit...

Edit: Thinking about the above. Ark already implemented a weapon upgrade function for crafted herman a while ago. No take up rate since the base eco of the weapon was crap and the slight eco increase plus skill gain i believe didn't really make the cost too attractive.

But spinning that idea on and seeing that the base upgrade functionality already exists in EU may be something can be created from that?

Stuff your arma into an ark weapon upgrade box and add a few ark specific resources to it. Get your arma gun back with a planet specific buff.

Last edited:
change ingredient composition to include (at least) 1 planet specific ingredient per weapon type. arma blp bps using 1 ark specific mined/hunted resource per bp. arma laser bp using 1 cyrene specific mined/hunted resource etc.

then PP specific crafts stay still dead, which sucks... They should have just done the same we (rather I) did on rt, go over existing BPs and check which materials have N/A in history and then just adjust the existing BP composition to constist the N/A materials...

Worked quite well on RT untill MA broke RT-specific hunting loot with their loot 2.0

Last edited:
Might be a worthwhile fine tuning to offer planet specific versions of arma bp's. Vary by buff...Caly has 10% skill gain, ark 10% reload, rt 10% crit chance etc.

Arkadia already has an upgrade system within its Oratan payback mission , this would fit great into this idea.
It offers its upgrade on the weapon itself instead of the bp , which i think is a better solution since it offers a return visit for the PP.

I love the idea.

Arkadia already has an upgrade system within its Oratan payback mission , this would fit great into this idea.
It offers its upgrade on the weapon itself instead of the bp , which i think is a better solution since it offers a return visit for the PP.

I love the idea.

but they are UL weapons aren't they? UL you upgrade once and be done with it, not good for economy...

but they are UL weapons aren't they? UL you upgrade once and be done with it, not good for economy...

No, those are prohibitively priced upgrades to L weapons, weren't good even in 1.0 and in 2.0 they're useless.

Everyone will tell you how much they love the system, just that barely anyone actually uses it.

Exactly why I would never, even if I had the money to become a PP.
Instead they should be able to cooporate, and make this game bigger and better, but seems that MA has other plans then growing in those terms.
Competition all the way :rolleyes:
:nutkick:

Some materials however are not available in parts of the universe - e.g. Toulan or Monria do not have any robots that could loot robot components, RT does not have cumbriz (afaik), Cyrene has no copper or magerian etc., etc.; I wonder if there could be a centralized solution to material availability, or will this be left to PPs?

If I was on other planet and would like to craft these things, then you could use the auction, with the delivery system.
That way the items required are avaiable everywhere imo.
So no need to drop some robots everywhere.
And ofc you can craft them on caly, and transport the amps to different planets, or people on other planets can buy them also from caly auction, with delivery fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody finally did bring up this mess....
Lets put it straight, weapon/amp industry is dead on other planets and was dead before loot v2,0. Maybe big amps from Ark (Hotfoot 50 and forgot what was the name for bpl amp) is last product what still is kicking.
Very often i have the feeling, MA is sleeping and dreaming how all PP goes belly up and all players sits on Caly only, sad.
We are a year in Armatrix era now, new standards are set for laser/blp weapons, amps too, what about plasma and gauss?
Maybe MA can give some breadcrumbs to PP and let them introduce Armatrix style bp for armatrix standard plasma/gauss weapons?
Oh but u know what? It is not worth the efforts, planet partner loot is fukt up anyway! If one crazy player wants to craft something on foreign planet, its close to impossible. Drop rate for local loot is so low,it is not driving MU up (I guess it was idea of that stupid drop rate), it is killing local crafting in root.

No, those are prohibitively priced upgrades to L weapons, weren't good even in 1.0 and in 2.0 they're useless.

Everyone will tell you how much they love the system, just that barely anyone actually uses it.

Yes as it sits the items offered within this system are useless , but the underlying system is still there and possible.

Its honestly getting pretty pathetic how biased MA is getting.

New BPs for caly mats, new caly items that far outperform all other items. But don't worry PPs, your players can loot our new BPs too! And if someone does find themselves on some washed up non-caly planet, don't you worry! They can instantly transport in any caly item for just a few peds! Wouldn't want them to have to resort to using anything that you designed and implemented now would we.

Imo, main problem is, people keep asking for new stuff, we want more and more and better and better.
And MA has the monopoly.
PP's have to make cost to design and have to pay fees to implement the stuff, if MA approves the items created by PP's (is it worth it for the PP?)
I don't think so, well I can't see the numbers of the PP.
Else PP would have been releasing also more stuff, and more missions.
MA just want's to have a big chunck of the pie each time.
Just a feeling how things are going.
And when people keep asking for new stuff, well MA is going to nerf certain things in the end.
As we all have been seeing over the years and ofc also recently again.
People ask, MA provides, people complain about it that it is to nice, and boom, MA nerfs the shit out of things again.
Well what can you say.
Life is strange, nah people are.

:nutkick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back