My Thoughts on MA's Statement

Point is the game is in cash cow mode, the worst case is MA throw the servers in a garage and leave it ticking over.

They could run it with a couple of admin staff if really wanted too. So I'm not really bothered with the numbers, it will be here a long time after most of us are long dead.

I'm pleased that MA intend to relaunch Compet though, I just hope that comes with the content and 'purpose' it deserves, and links with EU.

Rick

Point is the game is in cash cow mode, the worst case is MA throw the servers in a garage and leave it ticking over.

They could run it with a couple of admin staff if really wanted too. So I'm not really bothered with the numbers, it will be here a long time after most of us are long dead.

I'm pleased that MA intend to relaunch Compet though, I just hope that comes with the content and 'purpose' it deserves, and links with EU.

Rick

Yea as one of the top players of compets I actually quite enjoy it. I've made over 300 USD playing it so far and hope others join so I can make more profits.

Point is that in this thread there is too much f***
Too much offense, too much hate.
OP shared his opinion about the annual result. That is ok. Majority seems not to agree, ok as well.
Either keep it on a professional level or stop right now.

Which statement?

I outsource like 90% more than is in house. It is cost effective. However a game company who's sole purpose is to develop a game should have developers...

I mean... a simple LinkedIn search shows at least a dozen developers. I dont know, I think some of the points in this thread weren't very well thought out.

Coworker MindArk had an average of 44 employees during the year, six of whom were women. The company's CEO has been Henrik Nel Jerkrot since December 2017. Other leading The company's employees include Magnus Eriksson (Deputy CEO), Mats Kling (IT Manager), David Simmonds (business development manager), Jan Welter Timkrans (working chairman of the board) and Gunilla Krogh (CFO).

Company one has 1 IT guy? So everyone else knows shit all? How many developers do they have? I assume zero based on this writeup. The rest must be minor accountants and janitors, etc.

The way Swedish Corporate organizations work, is that the Company is lead by something called a "ledningsgrupp" (leadership Group). That Group typically includes the CEO (who reports to the board) and the department managers. So, to give an example, the fact that there is an IT manager, it typically means that there is an IT-department that he is the manager of. If there is, to make it simple, 42 employees and 6 bosses, it means that there is typically 6 departments with, an average of, 6 employees/each plus the boss. (This is just simple math - with crude averages.)

As for outsourcing, in some cases it's the estate owner who is responsibe for groundkeeping, and in some cases the cleaning is "outsourced". But let's say there is one groundkeeper, 2 cleaners, 2 accountants+controller+finanical manager in finance, 2-3 (eg one graphical designer, one market manager, one PR worker, one market researcher) in marketing and marketing development. Just a guess. As for IT, there probably isn't many that does traditional computer management as MA uses a data center "abroad"; but they probably have a few people like DBA, security manager (should have one as it's a real cash game). The IT operations is probably practically split into two parts where one part is the computer operations (as I wrote above) and responsible for the data center, and the other half are the programmers/developers. (For several reasons probably good to have two different Groups).

"Revenues did not reach the company's budget targets.
The reason why the budget was not reached depends largely on Part of the fact that active customers have not used their funds to the extent budgeted. The company is working intensive to make the beginner experience more understandable so that users are more likely to come start spending money (spend money). Another reason is the difficulty of finding the right one customers, that is, just that type of player who appreciates Entropia Universe's complexity and also the possibilities of the game."

I can address this issue for you guys, since you fail to mention it on any level in that statement. You are looking for the perfect girlfriend in a customer, expecting them to rise to the occasion and "appreciate" everything you have to offer.

The reality is that your customer experience is horrifying, you fail on nearly every level to communicate with those players that finally do meet your criteria. And they are left with more questions than answers, while you go off and talk about your latest greatest idea.

So you lose them, from the new player to the very old, they drop like flies...because your customer interaction is horrible, and your development is very sub-par. (perhaps get a new contract for who does the work...they are failing every singe time) Stop blaming the issues on everything except the glaring problem.....the management at Mindark!

And the whole compet thing...did I just read that right....they see and acknowledge that it was a failure and lost money, but decided to pour MORE money into it for this year? For an even better release?

You missed your window...either you put out a phenomenal bug free mobile game and it makes it, or you fail, and the mobile game fails with it forever.

I don't know of any other company that would actually continue to put money into a failed mobile game thinking it would miraculously take over......because it hasn't happened.

The reason why the budget was not reached depends largely on Part of the fact that active customers have not used their funds to the extent budgeted. The company is working intensive to make the beginner experience more understandable so that users are more likely to come start spending money (spend money). Another reason is the difficulty of finding the right one customers, that is, just that type of player who appreciates Entropia Universe's complexity and also the possibilities of the game."

I can address this issue for you guys, since you fail to mention it on any level in that statement. You are looking for the perfect girlfriend in a customer, expecting them to rise to the occasion and "appreciate" everything you have to offer.

The reality is that your customer experience is horrifying, you fail on nearly every level to communicate with those players that finally do meet your criteria. And they are left with more questions than answers, while you go off and talk about your latest greatest idea.

So you lose them, from the new player to the very old, they drop like flies...because your customer interaction is horrible, and your development is very sub-par. (perhaps get a new contract for who does the work...they are failing every singe time) Stop blaming the issues on everything except the glaring problem.....the management at Mindark!

And the whole compet thing...did I just read that right....they see and acknowledge that it was a failure and lost money, but decided to pour MORE money into it for this year? For an even better release?

You missed your window...either you put out a phenomenal bug free mobile game and it makes it, or you fail, and the mobile game fails with it forever.

I don't know of any other company that would actually continue to put money into a failed mobile game thinking it would miraculously take over......because it hasn't happened.
'

How views like this goes past MA is scaring the crap out of me. +1

"They" should really consider you being a consultant to their board meetings. Seriously, the level of truth in this one statement is on par with the Almighty. Hire him quick Mindark, he is your only path to redemption!

+rep

Point is that in this thread there is too much f***
Too much offense, too much hate.
OP shared his opinion about the annual result. That is ok. Majority seems not to agree, ok as well.
Either keep it on a professional level or stop right now.

Hey, slarty. I'm not sure how to put into words for you to understand but I'll just said, this is just the beginning. It's part of the process that's everything is wrong from the beginning.

Do you intent to shut all players ill opinion via forum or social media? You can't blame these ill comments, even they are not 90%-100% true, but they are 40%-70% real. People can feel them.

I have been with EU, supporting them and never care about withdrawing. The concept of RCE is really interesting. I wish EU will success what Second Life is unable to achieve but they really need to show that their are genuine into it.

lol

>>Company one has 1 IT guy?

I guess you dont know how a company works.

At my company we are 18 IT guys (IT Pros) who serves 3000 customers and 11000 computers.
So I guess its about right amount if theres 1 IT guy for 44 users.

The IT guy dont have anything to do with Entropia, but serves the employers computers so they r working.

Take Care!

//Deux

lol

>>Company one has 1 IT guy?

I guess you dont know how a company works.

At my company we are 18 IT guys (IT Pros) who serves 3000 customers and 11000 computers.
So I guess its about right amount if theres 1 IT guy for 44 users.

The IT guy dont have anything to do with Entropia, but serves the employers computers so they r working.

Take Care!

//Deux

44 computers? This is hell of a lucky guy :)

I had 187 workstations and 11 servers and last year they took from me more than 80 (moved to another department)! So now I have less than 100 and I am so satisfied and happy!

Back