Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

And why? :scratch2: The only thing that will happen, it will work just like every day. (when you do not have the level to use it. )

Then, it can be better but never worse.

or can it? If they are basically sibifying armor does that mean that down the road we'll be seeing 0/0 Defense stat added similar to HA but just for evade or dodge, or perhaps one new stat for each?

Not enough, what about an inability to add enhancers or plates til you reach the minimum requirement for that armor?

I'm hoping it does continue to work as it is but somehow, Mindark's messages about future promises always makes me a bit skeptical... (perhaps if the compet deed I've been holding for a very long time without any payout yet would start paying out something I may change my mind? - doubt it but you never know.)

Whatever they do perhaps they'll add more feet blueprints.

Last edited:
Ok, 1 things that puzzles me about hunting mobs at your level.

I'm lvl 77 laser sniper hit, and I think level 71 laser damage. I'm level 46 evade.

The mob is level 50.

What level do I need to be to hunt level 50 mob effectively?

Does MA go by hit, dmg or evade level, or an average of all?

All I want to know is how is this worked out, all well and good saying these changes, if no one knows the appropriate level were supposed to be hunting at efficiently.

Last edited:

I'm lvl 76 laser sniper hit, and I think level 71 laser damage. I'm level 46 evade.

The mob is level 50.

All I want to know is how is this worked out, all well and good saying these changes, if no one knows the appropriate level were supposed to be hunting at efficiently.
Yeah, I was thinking the same... and I believe many people have exactly the same questions. But, there's no answers. At least for now.

It's also possible they will never tell us. Like, no spoilers folks, go out and explore!
If they choose this tactic, why not, I would be OK with this. :cool:

Yeah, I was thinking the same... and I believe many people have exactly the same questions. But, there's no answers. At least for now.

It's also possible they will never tell us. Like, no spoilers folks, go out and explore!

Or maybe they will tell us. Maybe they will even write on EPIV BP: "Maximum 90% tt return". People will still gamble and blame everyone else around them for the losses except themselves :D

We have so few blueprints to click, why not add another 1000.

Maybe rework current blueprints so 95% arent completely useless.

How about I can click all 60 000 welding wire L blueprints in a row, instead making the damn thing more involving than hunting...

Now instead of ammo we will get fragments. Not sure if this will make those who complained about the ammo happy.

If the mob has The level 50 then you need level 55-75 in Evade lvl.

I'm lvl 77 laser sniper hit, and I think level 71 laser damage. I'm level 46 evade.

The mob is level 50.

If the mob has The level 50 then you need level 55-75 in Evade lvl. :)

Why we are already discussing about it, its just an MA announcement about a future planned VU.

Lets talk again in the year 2028, when the VU finally will implemented with about 10% of the announced changes.

Still waiting for voting rights linked to CLDs -- announced several years ago
Still waiting for space transport missions -- announced long ago
Still waiting for compet deed payouts
Still waiting for enough land claims, to get my claim for 9 CLDs (as it was announced when CLDs have been introduced)
Still waiting for -- ???? already forgotten what as it was announced so long ago, that I can´t even remember

Its MA who made the announcment, won´t bet on it coming within next 3 years !

Its just another announcement that may give us some hope for improvement, dream on !

Why we are already discussing about it, its just an MA announcement about a future planned VU.

Still waiting for ....etc etc

Well, this time it is an announcement about later this month, and not just 'soon' or in 'an upcoming vu'.

The only other 'still waiting for' I can think of that was really supposed to be implemented really soon was the transport missions in space, of which only implementing crates of stuff seemed to get done. And yes, that was a couple of years ago already, ok.

I think your post is really pretty valid in general, however - just probably not for this particular announcement!

or can it? If they are basically sibifying armor does that mean that down the road we'll be seeing 0/0 Defense stat added similar to HA but just for evade or dodge, or perhaps one new stat for each?

Not enough, what about an inability to add enhancers or plates til you reach the minimum requirement for that armor?

I'm hoping it does continue to work as it is but somehow, Mindark's messages about future promises always makes me a bit skeptical... (perhaps if the compet deed I've been holding for a very long time without any payout yet would start paying out something I may change my mind? - doubt it but you never know.)

Whatever they do perhaps they'll add more feet blueprints.

I think it can not go worse than it already is. I'm not one of the lucky ones. (Although I put money into the game). So any changes that try to compensate this situation, is welcome for me.

I think it can not go worse than it already is. I'm not one of the lucky ones. (Although I put money into the game). So any changes that try to compensate this situation, is welcome for me.

Same... but then I've always preferred skill games over Temples Of RNGesus

Yes teams.. On this particular point I hope that loot change would make it relevant. As it is now it's more a single player experience where everybody works against everyone. It's the less enjoying team play than any MMO, maybe finally people could advertise their friends to play with them, thus bringing a new playerbase.

On the overall aspect of the loot 2.0 announcement, economy, 98% new overpowerered weaponry, upcming challenging mobs etc i am both scared and interested. Armor change sound neat.

Waiting to see this, could be the start of a new era or the final moment.

Yes teams.. On this particular point I hope that loot change would make it relevant. As it is now it's more a single player experience where everybody works against everyone. It's the less enjoying team play than any MMO, maybe finally people could advertise their friends to play with them, thus bringing a new playerbase.

On the overall aspect of the loot 2.0 announcement, economy, 98% new overpowerered weaponry, upcming challenging mobs etc i am both scared and interested. Armor change sound neat.

Waiting to see this, could be the start of a new era or the final moment.
SO true re: team play. At times hunting feels like roleplaying E. Coli...
This won't be a new era nor a final moment (and nothing is truly final here), but the new loot system could make play very different for most people, and could mean putting significant energy into adjusting to those differences. Together with the new death mechanic, I'm going back to snables.

looking forward for :
-whining threads 2.0 ,
-I have 7.2 % return because i dont know to hunt
-Im level 18 laser sniper but Im a rich kid with tons of lvl 100 UL weapons , what i do next ?
-°Messi stop taking all the loot because I have 7.2 % return because i dont know to hunt° threads
-Im just a spectator in game but i can assure you that MA f§§ked up everything threads
-Ill quit this game threads 2.01

talking seriously , the migration will be the Test of this loot 2.0 ? or I can still finish my Eomon mission without headaches

SO true re: team play. At times hunting feels like roleplaying E. Coli...
This won't be a new era nor a final moment (and nothing is truly final here), but the new loot system could make play very different for most people, and could mean putting significant energy into adjusting to those differences. Together with the new death mechanic, I'm going back to snables.

Distribution of mission points could be additional incentive for teams.
Many players suggested it
Except for very big events player base is playing solo game by mining, grinding missions, afk crafting in an MMO.
I think it could be done by planet partners too. Waiting MA to decide if it would be good or not is bad excuse.

I think they try to close the gap between eco and uneco hunting (as in eco hunters will still get better loot than uneco hunters, but the difference will be [much] lower than it is today) and also to support the "lazy and/or not so smart" people (who can't be arsed to check external sites and compare exact DPPs, but could easily compare two eco rating if displayed in clear in game). So my guess is that the "eco rating" will be totally in line with the DPP, as in comparing any two weapons the one with better DPP would also have better eco, and this is just a way to make said metric more easily visible.

So:
- "lazy any not so smart" people will be spoon feed more info so they can be a bit less "not so smart"
- furthermore, the penalty for being "lazy and not so smart" will be lowered and the bonus for "min-maxing" would also be lowered, so all our results will fall somewhere closer to each other

TL;DR: If you're reading this, you'll most likely get slightly lower results, so the 98% "lazy and not so smart" who don't even bother to check Entropedia or forums can get slightly better results.

... just my 2 cents ...

Whoa! Trying to remember the last time something got 40+ pages of response (and I expect it will be many more "before this night is done")

=D

Wistrel

Distribution of mission points could be additional incentive for teams.
Many players suggested it
Except for very big events player base is playing solo game by mining, grinding missions, afk crafting in an MMO.
I think it could be done by planet partners too. Waiting MA to decide if it would be good or not is bad excuse.

could just do away with the points and do it in loot... so instead of blazers (or in place of the ammo you get now) you'd get 'mission point fragments' that you can later trade, sell, auction, or turn in to daily trader npc to actually complete the missions... would suddenly make every damn mission repeatable. :) (More repeatable missions would be nice and needed with the changes you are talking about with the armor, etc. as folks will likely not be 'maxed' on armor after they complete some of the iron missions, so won't be quite ready to move on to the next iron til they reach that level on current armor, etc.)

(if you do this Mindark, please make each mob's fragments a different color so that it can be useful for interior decorating too (perhaps base it on the texture blueprint book type stuff). Note - this could help with all the dang item count missions that are all screwed up since the code is broken...)

You allow folks to trade skills, so why not allow em to trade time invested in missions too?

Last edited:
<- want see eco rating or effy rating in finder as well
rip

Just waiting to see ; does look good but after 13 years of playing this game I am too used to all the player improvements made by MA only benefit MA

What you neglect to discuss is the removing of the ammo from the loot. Done for the good of the players, of course (exactly as the politicians say when they increase taxes or introduce some stupid limitations). And as the ammo+shrapnel is now more then 50% of the loot, those 50% will be replaced with something else - which will completely kill any MU still remaining for the oils and such.
If MA really cared about the players they simply could replace all the ammo with shrapnel.

EDIT: Actually it really drops only shrapnel now.

Last edited:
Oh my god...

Loot calculations "optimized"... for whom? I fear... I greatly fear.

And also: no more ammo in loot? Dammit, that sucks. I was quite happy that I could continue hunting longer than without it. Now, I will just run out of ammo longer, and need to spend more time trying to sell the "optimized" loot. And there is little more boring than just standing there yelling "Selling animal oil"...

Skills playing a role? Well, that's just swell... either the newbies are getting screwed because big skill = bigger share, or the oldies are getting screwed because the newbies get all the nice cash.

Matching skill with mobs. Well, so much for me hunting bery for the mission chains :( Rewarding game knowledge... bye bye casual player.

Oh my god...

Loot calculations "optimized"... for whom? I fear... I greatly fear.

And also: no more ammo in loot? Dammit, that sucks. I was quite happy that I could continue hunting longer than without it. Now, I will just run out of ammo longer, and need to spend more time trying to sell the "optimized" loot. And there is little more boring than just standing there yelling "Selling animal oil"...

Skills playing a role? Well, that's just swell... either the newbies are getting screwed because big skill = bigger share, or the oldies are getting screwed because the newbies get all the nice cash.

Matching skill with mobs. Well, so much for me hunting bery for the mission chains :( Rewarding game knowledge... bye bye casual player.

Bye? I mean it kind of sounds like you're trying to talk yourself into quitting or justifying being casual... neither of which you have to do but if you want to... go for it? :scratch2:

Back