Under the hood: bigger, stronger, better!

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
One of the many cool new things we’re working on right now is the items upgrade and enhancement system, due for release soon.

Almost all items can be upgraded to new tiers, and the tier system allows for the connection of a number of enhancement chips that can slot into an item. It works like this: you take an item that you want to improve and begin using it. With usage you increase the item’s tier – like when you get normal skill experience. Every new stage (Tier 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc) one additional socket slot opens up on the item. For limited items the progress is fully automatic while for unlimited items you need to manually upgrade the tier when it reaches a new stage.

An enhancement chip can be connected to a socket. Chips have different functions (weapon chips may add damage, range, accuracy or durability, while armor chips add defense, and mining finder chips add range or search depth – to name but a few examples) and can be mixed in order for a player to create their own customized version of their favorite item – would you focus on maximizing your damage, or maybe add range and thus creating your own sniper rifle, or maybe be more economical and reduce ammo burn and deterioration? Or a mix – you decide! And if your current mix is unsatisfactory, you can always disconnect and connect other enhancement chips to the slots.

Enhancement chips manufacturing is a new branch in the crafting system. To create the actual enhancement chips, you need blueprints as well as ingredients. Using them, you can create the chips that you can use yourself or sell on to others.

This addition to Planet Calypso will expand the usability of items, making them better and more dynamic than before, making it an easy system even for beginners. It also introduces a high level game to improve the best items to even higher levels, making the enhancement system something for both newcomers as well as veterans.

Originally posted on Entropia Gateway

VERY INTERESTING!! :cool:

darri

Holy sh... :eek:

Wow.

S: Bold Dragon's Eye @ Boxes, 500 gold

(PS: I looked that up cause I dont really play the other game xD)

Woot, sounds cool?

Interesting...

I guess that's what he meant by "introducing a new layer to economy"
Making the items "more eco" will probably be undone by the high markup for the items... Althought it could be usefull to let very expensive L items last longer..

as i said:
interesting :)

Awesome...

Awesome... Now... will chips be looted or crafted?!?... hmmm.... Also will fish be added to the rippers so that we can have fish and chips on our long excursions in to the wilds of Calypso? :)

The question is, the current items we have. Do we keep them with the stats as they are and we can add the tiers to them to improve them further. Or will they drop the stats and make us need the enhancements to bring it back to the old stats.

questions questions .........

I'd prefer MA to implement a proper chatsystem before new fancifulness.

After the basics we can talk about fancy WoW stuff. ;)

Whats ETA??

...and dont tell me "shortly after Questterminals" or "same VU as the NO-NO-Loots" :)

But it sounds very interesting!

sounds very nice. Hopefully it will be as good as it sounds.

This is really interesting.

I guess it means you can't max e.g. a weapon any longer? :scratch2:

The question is, the current items we have. Do we keep them with the stats as they are and we can add the tiers to them to improve them further. Or will they drop the stats and make us need the enhancements to bring it back to the old stats.

All items have the same stats when this system is launched that they have today, but most of them can be upgraded as well.

A Tier 10 Opalo with 10x Damage Enhancers is quite the sight. Or the Tier 10 Imp. Mk 2. Or the Tier 10 Mod Fap with 10x Heal Enhancers or...

Yeah, I think it will be quite cool. Especially that each and every player gets to customize their favorite items with the set of enhancers they like "right now".

lol x10 mod-fap heal

System sounds interesting BUT expensive

Awesome... Now... will chips be looted or crafted?!?... hmmm.... Also will fish be added to the rippers so that we can have fish and chips on our long excursions in to the wilds of Calypso? :)

Answer here:

Enhancement chips manufacturing is a new branch in the crafting system. To create the actual enhancement chips, you need blueprints as well as ingredients. Using them, you can create the chips that you can use yourself or sell on to others.

:)

The sky just got propped up. what a shocker, cant wait to test this out!

+rep MA
saved -/+ REP for when the system is evaluated by me(i got high hopes for this) :)

Wow.

S: Bold Dragon's Eye @ Boxes, 500 gold

(PS: I looked that up cause I dont really play the other game xD)

500g? sh!t! I gotta get on in this deal! :laugh:

I played for 6months. So shoot me. :silly:

But at this, I was gobsmacked. :eek:

I smell Opalo + A104 coming back! :laugh:
I really can't wait for this. (Melee amps?!)

Just wow.....

It looks good on paper but fuck all if it dont just scare the hell outa me and make me see the rest of my growth down the tubes to uber crafters and high investment hunters.

All items have the same stats when this system is launched that they have today, but most of them can be upgraded as well.

A Tier 10 Opalo with 10x Damage Enhancers is quite the sight. Or the Tier 10 Imp. Mk 2. Or the Tier 10 Mod Fap with 10x Heal Enhancers or...

Yeah, I think it will be quite cool. Especially that each and every player gets to customize their favorite items with the set of enhancers they like "right now".

The customization part is nice, a bit more diversity among the players.

Omg I want to increase speed on my ballfaps!

Interesting, finally we have some freedom to tailor our gear to suit us individually to a degree. No doubt the upgrades will be horrendously expensive though... but then again that depends on how easy/expensive they are to craft.

I wonder if MA based the idea on the three slot Weapon Energy Cores used in another game released by Digital Extremes in May 2005. ;)

Your passion for this game and this concept is amazing, +rep to you sir for your passion and this idea! :wtg:

Tier 10 Opalo, my my, this really is some crazy stuff you guys have come up with! :D

Back