Skills? What are they really good for?

Nissa

Provider
Banned
So I am not a popular person in Eu and get logged out because I ask questions in rookie chat the ma mods can't handle... fair enough... So I will post this here, knowing this forums is MA handled and this will probably get removed asap but whatever..

Questions..
1: What does skills really matter? If PED is fixed then no matter your skill level the amount of PED you spend will exactly equal the amount of PED you will return no matter your skill level and no matter your profession?
2: Skill level? Say you are 1 or 200 in any profession? If you put in $1000 USD at level one or put in $1000 USD at level 200 will you get back the same return?
3: Deep token? Come on man? just really? Some "investor came along after you extended it for two days? and that investor "reserved" 12 million tokens? Come on Ma... what idiotic company would invest in Deep token when world of war craft makes more profit in 20 minutes than EU made in 20 years?
4: State of the union and why compet failure, and why CLD not performing well and how you prop it up to be as good as it is?
5: VR? What happened?
6: How on earth is your deeptoken bank project worth anything? Why is the 12 million dollar investor not on the registar?

Now that Mccormick's decided to leave I guess someone has to take up the mantle..

So I am not a popular person in Eu and get logged out because I ask questions in rookie chat the ma mods can't handle... fair enough... So I will post this here, knowing this forums is MA handled and this will probably get removed asap but whatever..

Questions..
1: What does skills really matter? If PED is fixed then no matter your skill level the amount of PED you spend will exactly equal the amount of PED you will return no matter your skill level and no matter your profession?
2: Skill level? Say you are 1 or 200 in any profession? If you put in $1000 USD at level one or put in $1000 USD at level 200 will you get back the same return?

I'm afraid that even if someone will tell you in the most honest way the truth you are doomed to fail miserably.

Skills enable you to to take on harder mobs that have the rare chance to drop loot with more markup compared to level 1-10 mobs. Also it became a trend over the past few years that the effeciency paramenter is higher with many newer guns as higher the profession requirement wich gives you more tt return. Ultimatly mindark build in a skill that affect directly your tt returns.

Higher skills also enable to to pick up competetive guns and survive competetive event categories for example the mayhem ones for your chance to score a winning spot

Deeptoken
Fishy as hell, we still dont know who the investor is but i sincierly hope its not mindark using the unconsumed money from all eu participants. They have their vision and they pull it trough, i mean after all its not their private money or living standard on the line, its someone elses money so what can go wrong (for them thats it) In my horror scenario peds can only exchanged to deep token and those have to be converted to rl money on "market value" untieing the ped to usd exchange ratio. It would kill all liabilities mindark has and i can only hope they know the following shit storm would kill eu and render it out of buissnes. The fact no official person is picking up the rumours and confirm or dement them isnt also helping here.

State of the game
I guess the new CEO have different goals and sees Eu foremost as a mean to get his deeptoken idea implemented and working, he might not care too much about the state of the game until VR and deeptoken are implemented, relaying on the ideas of the board and the programmers because they are more familiar with Eu. If hes not communicating that simply means there is nothing cool to say at the moment for him to us and i expect some kind of statment when they about to implement deeptoken into eu. About compet, well they failed and admitted it we was never given a promise of anything and i believe they will try at least one more relaunch before they burry the project. Some things turn into gold and some into shit thats how it is, what more can they say ?

CLD's
I suspect earnings over the webshop are not accounted into the cld revenue, only the good old decay from ingame activities. I feel that got something to do with the mediocre returns. Outside events and unless you have the skills gear and bankroll to take on some nasty mobs hunting became boring, im speaking only for myself here i dont know if others feel the same. They also stated they experiment with taking a smaller cut from the decay as earnings wich also means the cld payout is smaller. However i feel they reverted that one back already and the cut they take now might be only insignifically smaller than before.

At the moment their project is exactly as much worth as they own liquid assets (cash)
Time will show if the thing they about to create will generate added value or not. I beat they would love to know the future as much as you do. :)

Investors have the right to stay anonymous , they didnt invest in our community or eu but into deeptoken. Eu just happen to become a part of that. He couldn't care less about our curiosity and hes not obliged to reveal her or himself. As long you dont put any money into deeptoken you dont even have a right to demand info. You just a bystander watching the stuff thats about to unfold into eu from the sidelines.

VR
Will be implemented in some way, after all they made some cash with deeptoken and its stated a part of it will be used for EU development. I also doubt its 12m usd they got, i believe its more like 7m-8m they earned and the rest was bonus token for the investor.

With a low skill level you lose Peds (Money). If you not have the skill level for a weapon or tool you can not use it right. with a higher level you can hunt bigger mobs and you have the chance to get a bigger reward, but also you have the chance lose more Peds.

No that is not how it works.

4: State of the union and why compet failure, and why CLD not performing well and how you prop it up to be as good as it is?

compet failure bequese the game has not much players and people dont want to play it. every Company release Games that fail.

it takes huge time to change Game System that also works with VR and it costs a lot of Money, it is not possible to get it fast, and by the way i think 95% of the people here have not VR, a Computer that Supports VR and and and...

In my horror scenario peds can only exchanged to deep token and those have to be converted to rl money on "market value" untieing the ped to usd exchange ratio. It would kill all liabilities mindark has and i can only hope they know the following shit storm would kill eu and render it out of buissnes. The fact no official person is picking up the rumours and confirm or dement them isnt also helping here.

It is answered in the FAQ on the deeptoken website.

Will I still be able to deposit and withdraw at a fixed 10-1 ratio PED-USD?

Yes, the historical exchange rate of USD to PED for Entropia Universe players will still be available.

Questions..
3: Deep token? Come on man? just really? Some "investor came along after you extended it for two days? and that investor "reserved" 12 million tokens? Come on Ma... what idiotic company would invest in Deep token when world of war craft makes more profit in 20 minutes than EU made in 20 years?
6: How on earth is your deeptoken bank project worth anything? Why is the 12 million dollar investor not on the registar?

Skill are good for people like messi to feel superior above others with less skills.
A bit of a fallus symbol.

I'm afraid that even if someone will tell you in the most honest way the truth you are doomed to fail miserably.

And instead of sharing his infinity wisdom he rather pisses on everybody below lvl 100 with dumb remarks. Claiming he as all the wisdom, but always fails to share it.

Others use the skills like fiona said

Skills enable you to to take on harder mobs that have the rare chance to drop loot with more markup compared to level 1-10 mobs. Also it became a trend over the past few years that the effeciency paramenter is higher with many newer guns as higher the profession requirement wich gives you more tt return. Ultimatly mindark build in a skill that affect directly your tt returns.

Higher skills also enable to to pick up competetive guns and survive competetive event categories for example the mayhem ones for your chance to score a winning spot

Higher skills means bigger guns means bigger mobs.
So instead doing the peny slots, you can do the bigger slots.
But the mechanics stay the same. "click, shoot, loot".

but what your points 3 to 6 have to with skills I fail to see here. :scratch2:

Last edited:

it takes huge time to change Game System that also works with VR and it costs a lot of Money, it is not possible to get it fast, and by the way i think 95% of the people here have not VR, a Computer that Supports VR and and and...

That and the VR system wasn't planned for EU game, but a means of communication. but if it comes EU must update its graphics system and optimise it, no one will VR Cryengine 2 with short freezes due to an unoptimised engine, and if they do it might cause heath issues like vertigo

but what your points 3 to 6 have to with skills I fail to see here. :scratch2:

it does turn into a rant

my thoughts

1-2 Skills as stated above allow access to bigger mobs and loot, there are numorous ways to affect the TT loot from Guns (with skill req) and looter skills, but noone makes a living off TT returns, its down to the MU and ofc low lvl mobs have little to no MU due to the amount of hunters, you need to get yourself ahead of the pack. then ofc there is evade/hp which keep you alive longer without healing, yeah some evade/healing costs return to loot but note the word SOME, it could be 25%, 50%, 5% either way the more you avoid the less you lose

3&6 deeptoken is fairly unattached to EU, its like playing DoTA and complaining about steam trading cards, the investor is probably not on the registar cos afaik no DTA have been handed out yet. Compet is the same, no company should put all their eggs in one game (Note MA can't manage eggs at all)

4 CLD arn't doing that badly but when you consider giveaways are taken from the CLD returns, every new player now gets their free ammo, free S10, free Bukins all cost the CLDs

Last edited:
compet failure bequese the game has not much players and people dont want to play it. every Company release Games that fail.

Actually, there are quite a few folks playing it. Reason it doesn't have very high returns at the moment is because a lot do find it boring, but more importantly, those that do find it interesting and play it have a lot of ways in the game to play it 'freely' without having to deposit. In a lot of ways, compets is actually way the hell more fun for non-depositors than EU ever has been. In EU there's sweating, picking up dung, etc. In compets, you can actually get a pretty skilled pet that can do ok in arena for free if you invest some time and nothing but that. I do agree, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it does have a market.

If they ever actually do implement the promised affiliate program and/or the exchange of pets between EU and compets, I suspect it'll become a bit more active, especially if the 'rare, great buff' pets end up having to be imported in to EU from compets in year or 12.

Actually, there are quite a few folks playing it. Reason it doesn't have very high returns at the moment is because a lot do find it boring, but more importantly, those that do find it interesting and play it have a lot of ways in the game to play it 'freely' without having to deposit. In a lot of ways, compets is actually way the hell more fun for non-depositors than EU ever has been. In EU there's sweating, picking up dung, etc. In compets, you can actually get a pretty skilled pet that can do ok in arena for free if you invest some time and nothing but that. I do agree, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it does have a market.

If they ever actually do implement the promised affiliate program and/or the exchange of pets between EU and compets, I suspect it'll become a bit more active, especially if the 'rare, great buff' pets end up having to be imported in to EU from compets in year or 12.

i'd be happy with them just fixing my village so i can actually play again

CLD's
I suspect earnings over the webshop are not accounted into the cld revenue, only the good old decay from ingame activities. I feel that got something to do with the mediocre returns.

Webshop revenue was never promised for CLD payout. CLDs are only supposed to distribute revenue produced by activity on Calypso.

Skills increase your options.

If you're winning, they open new ways of winning.

If you're losing, you have more ways of losing.

Skill are good for people like messi to feel superior above others with less skills.
A bit of a fallus symbol.

And instead of sharing his infinity wisdom he rather pisses on everybody below lvl 100 with dumb remarks. Claiming he as all the wisdom, but always fails to share it.

Why would he share ? Especially to a person calling him Dumb.

He worked and paid for that information and you expect him to share it for free ?

Higher skills means bigger guns means bigger mobs.
So instead doing the peny slots, you can do the bigger slots.
But the mechanics stay the same. "click, shoot, loot".

Yes, exactly, hunting snablesnots and hunting at end level gives exactly the same type of markup when you cycle the same amount of peds.

Absolutely.

It is just the same on low levels as on high levels.

No need for skills at all in the game to be able to acquire higher markup, better returns with the MU etc. No need for HP to survive bigger hits, you can just revive and keep shooting. Evade is a waste of a skill too for higher levels where MU drops!

Skills is a illusion, it doesn't work. So please, stay at the low mobs and low skills, it is way better in the long run! :dunce:

Also... Messi doesn't piss on every one below level 100.
Those who get pissed on probably did something to deserve it. Feel that you have been hit by some wizz?

Calling some one dumb and requesting to know their secret to success... is... well.. piss.

You only need to play an avatar with 200+ Hp vs an avatar with 100ish HP to know how the Entropia experience is better with skills.

It really is. :sniper:

(I'm reliably informed the same is true with mining and crafting)

Deeptoken
Fishy as hell, we still dont know who the investor is but i sincierly hope its not mindark using the unconsumed money from all eu participants. They have their vision and they pull it trough, i mean after all its not their private money or living standard on the line, its someone elses money so what can go wrong (for them thats it) In my horror scenario peds can only exchanged to deep token and those have to be converted to rl money on "market value" untieing the ped to usd exchange ratio. It would kill all liabilities mindark has and i can only hope they know the following shit storm would kill eu and render it out of buissnes. The fact no official person is picking up the rumours and confirm or dement them isnt also helping here.

State of the game
I guess the new CEO have different goals and sees Eu foremost as a mean to get his deeptoken idea implemented and working, he might not care too much about the state of the game until VR and deeptoken are implemented, relaying on the ideas of the board and the programmers because they are more familiar with Eu. If hes not communicating that simply means there is nothing cool to say at the moment for him to us and i expect some kind of statment when they about to implement deeptoken into eu. About compet, well they failed and admitted it we was never given a promise of anything and i believe they will try at least one more relaunch before they burry the project. Some things turn into gold and some into shit thats how it is, what more can they say ?

CLD's
I suspect earnings over the webshop are not accounted into the cld revenue, only the good old decay from ingame activities. I feel that got something to do with the mediocre returns. Outside events and unless you have the skills gear and bankroll to take on some nasty mobs hunting became boring, im speaking only for myself here i dont know if others feel the same. They also stated they experiment with taking a smaller cut from the decay as earnings wich also means the cld payout is smaller. However i feel they reverted that one back already and the cut they take now might be only insignifically smaller than before.

At the moment their project is exactly as much worth as they own liquid assets (cash)
Time will show if the thing they about to create will generate added value or not. I beat they would love to know the future as much as you do. :)

Investors have the right to stay anonymous , they didnt invest in our community or eu but into deeptoken. Eu just happen to become a part of that. He couldn't care less about our curiosity and hes not obliged to reveal her or himself. As long you dont put any money into deeptoken you dont even have a right to demand info. You just a bystander watching the stuff thats about to unfold into eu from the sidelines.

VR
Will be implemented in some way, after all they made some cash with deeptoken and its stated a part of it will be used for EU development. I also doubt its 12m usd they got, i believe its more like 7m-8m they earned and the rest was bonus token for the investor.
Are ya sure? Then why are there not more high end players after many years and why are all the players that keep statistics say there is 90-95% return no matter your level or your gear level or your amount spent?

With a low skill level you lose Peds (Money). If you not have the skill level for a weapon or tool you can not use it right. with a higher level you can hunt bigger mobs and you have the chance to get a bigger reward, but also you have the chance lose more Peds.

No that is not how it works.

This does not follow my experience with two characters. I made more profit at lower levels.

This.

Go play WoW ..you wont be missed
I stopped playing wow 2016. But it is a great game. I know I will not be missed because I was never noticed.. However your lack of in-depth discussion tells me you have nothing important to add.

You sound like Edwin Starr btw Nissa. ;)

Skills increase your options.

If you're winning, they open new ways of winning.

If you're losing, you have more ways of losing.
How so? The game is set that you put in X amount of PED you will lose X amount of PED.. Any gain is based on MU? No matter your level or skill or whatever? and MU means someone else is losing PED to make you gain PED.... lol

Last edited:
You only need to play an avatar with 200+ Hp vs an avatar with 100ish HP to know how the Entropia experience is better with skills.

It really is. :sniper:

(I'm reliably informed the same is true with mining and crafting)
Not saying it is not better... Higher skills make you feel more important by killing higher level mobs... But financially does it matter?

Uhm... you probably shouldn't advertise that you have two characters since it's not allowed. :confused:

This does not follow my experience with two characters. I made more profit at lower levels.

Back