President of VR Crate

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh

It shows up in Materials section of inventory.

Also, the AI Hunter Pistol (L) is worth 50 pec and is a freebie, along with 1 Ped of Cheap A$$ Ammo, but I noticed that the same gun is in the TT, so I suspect that if you take on this mission for the year long thing you may be in for some expenses since this gun is not tradeable or TTable... still haven't seen the AI you are supposed to hunt for the mission...

Last edited:
Anyone opened it yet?

Anyone opened it yet?

I don't think you can open it since it's in material section... Won't go in refiner either, so I suspect it's just a lootable little decoration. Based on the way it showed up and the message that was used to pop it up I suspect a little cut/paste edit was done on the christmas box.

With the christmas one you could use it as a key to get in to an instance at the clock tower... so it is possible they'll do something like that, but I doubt it'll happen.

found the crooked locksmith in the house just off of the bridge at Tangerine, but couldn't get him to take a bribe to break it open today. I suspect that the povr items on auction recently (posters - think there's 4 variations of that - at least one of which is color changing (but broken since it's only one pixel wide so it 'sinks' in to the wall unless you hang it sideways and hang it over the edge of the wall where there is no wall), decorative coin, decorative flask, etc.) are because someone did get him to take a bribe...

Didn't have 80 rock bucks on me when I first visited him, now he wants 100 and there's no option in the menu to pick 100 so I think I screwed it up by not giving him the 80 first go round, but not 100% sure on that... ah well, guess that's why the auctions exist, lol.

Last edited:
found the crooked locksmith in the house just off of the bridge at Tangerine, but couldn't get him to take a bribe to break it open today. I suspect that the povr items on auction recently (posters - think there's 4 variations of that - at least one of which is color changing (but broken since it's only one pixel wide so it 'sinks' in to the wall unless you hang it sideways and hang it over the edge of the wall where there is no wall), decorative coin, decorative flask, etc.) are because someone did get him to take a bribe...

Didn't have 80 rock bucks on me when I first visited him, now he wants 100 and there's no option in the menu to pick 100 so I think I screwed it up by not giving him the 80 first go round, but not 100% sure on that... ah well, guess that's why the auctions exist, lol.

this was shared on the RT chat

Oh my god , good job Neverdie you surprised the players once again , we want more presidents and some prime ministers :yay:

If I remember right, you have to tell him 80, then 0 and then he will accept 5 Rockbucks.

Finally got it open. Got a dupe of poster I bought ealier. Willing to trade it for another variation of the poster if anyone is up for it.

Anyone tested if mission is Repeatable... doubt it is since it goes to mission Completed status just like xmas box mission a few months back

---------
Tested it- you can do it multiple times.

Now I got 3 of the same poster if someone wants to trade some of the other items for a couple of em. (This would have been the perfect 'event' for an alt parade if a lot of folks knew about it... )

Last edited:
So if this the one we were supposed to get for voting? Or is everyone getting one?

So if this the one we were supposed to get for voting? Or is everyone getting one?

from update notes

Presidential Lockbox

VR Presidents Day! To celebrate the 1 Year Anniversary of the inauguration of the First President of Virtual Reality! Anyone who voted in the historic election may visit ROCKtropia on the weekend of the 14th -16th of April to receive a commemorative Lockbox.

pretty sure everyone on rt got one if they logged in during the weekend it was going on... I think based on the popup message that looked identical more or less to the xmas gift box gift message that they used the same type of programming as xmas... only real difference I see between this and the xmas box one was the mission related to it... for that one you had to kill 100 mobs to switch one box for another box that you then used to enter an instance... in this one you swap in the box and rock bucks to convert the box in to something else.

I think in little missions like this they make the item stackable since that's what the npcs have to take.

If I remember right, you have to tell him 80, then 0 and then he will accept 5 Rockbucks.

It's 5 (default on first screen), 80, 0, 1000 and then you get to do the swap for 5...the message about how he shoulda taken the 1000 is the one where you do the swap.

Last edited:
got most of the stuff other than the flask so far... not too many boxes on auction, but I've been grabbing em here and now from there. If you got a flask or more boxes and it's going for around +10 ped or less or so I may be looking some more. :)

If you have a flask and want to exchange it for one of the dupe posters or flag I have in my apartment in the U, first floor, give a shout out...

(I'm still hoping support has some empathy and gives me the flask for the one time a few days back that the npc ate my box and rockbucks and gave me back an error message instead of anything else... Be sure to log out between uses of the npc since you may have the same error - I suspect it happened since I tried to do multiple boxes in the same login?)

Last edited:

(I'm still hoping support has some empathy and gives me the flask for the one time a few days back that the npc ate my box and rockbucks and gave me back an error message instead of anything else... Be sure to log out between uses of the npc since you may have the same error - I suspect it happened since I tried to do multiple boxes in the same login?)

So I am not alone! I got error code 26 and sent in support case too; no response to my case so far...

fool that I am - I didn't take my own advice and tried it again today before work... (that's what happens when you are tired in the morning before cofee).... This go round the npc gave me back the box but kept the rock bucks when I got the mission complete message... Also, there was no error code message this time?

Needless to say got another support ticket in on this. Seems to only happen if you try to use the npc and trade the box in more than once per log in. First box trade in goes smoothly, then the second one is where things get fluky. Guess it's just another darn thing that Mindark didn't take the time to bug check before implementation.

Might be interesting if support decides it's impossible fix and just removes the npc all together...

Kinda wondering if the poster thing is fixable or if it was intended that way (where the frame sticks out of the wall but the image doesn't since it sinks in to the wall) as it is a 'virtual' poster? (kinda joking on this but you know how humor is with ND and MA)

Last edited:
Back