Fair on community to hide space mobs from others ... ?

Status

chances

Dominant
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Chances Bender Mark II
Hello friendly space community.
An issue has arisen upon where a few months back a skilling ship was being "greifed" by another ship endlessly with the lowest part being that they hid all the mobs at Arkadia training ground... literally 80% were gone.
Support cases were written and for days/weeks it was impossible to skill at this training ground.

MindArk was contacted and their reply was ... "It is against the EULA and ToS to move all the creatures away just so that no one else can get to them."

Nobody had any evidence of this but everyone was aware who the culprit was.

Well a couple of days ago on a society space excursion we run into this said ship and to our surprise they had 30+ Skyflail mobs on their tail, across space border lines VERY far from their spawn area.

So let me guess.. you were going to kill them all yes ?
There is no way that the 30min+ journey, plus the amount of time it would take to round up this many mobs and drag them so far was simply a coincidence or mistake.

Well even today (2 days after the above mentioned event) people are still asking in space chat about the missing mobs.
"2017-01-23 21:44:52 [#space_flight] [R*** **** ****] why would the space training area be empty, literlly"

I ask, is this fair on the community ?

Lol, you didnt come accross us we came accross you - we brought these mobs to the pirates so they could shoot them and therefor had loot making fighting them worthwhile.
The mobs were moved close to the warpgatepoint because we knew that pirates were camping it and mining other warpvessels.
We made them clean the mobs then killed their privateer and their quads retreated to avoid getting lootet -> the result was a cleared gatepoint which again could be safely passed by other ships.

Funny how you try to twist facts.
Besides 30 mobs is no effort and not hard at all we constantly have collects of 100-150 mobs going cause mindark still has no mothership content ingame and we deal with 'punies' everywhere.

Lol, you didnt come accross us we came accross you - we brought these mobs to the pirates so they could shoot them and therefor had loot making fighting them worthwhile.
The mobs were moved close to the warpgatepoint because we knew that pirates were camping it and mining other warpvessels.

Not a bad excuse ...
Still does not excuse what you did...
So does this justify interrupting the game for everyone else?

We made them clean the mobs then killed their privateer and their quads retreated to avoid getting lootet -> the result was a cleared gatepoint which again could be safely passed by other ships.

We actually shot down the mobs without any interruption from you and nobody was looted for anything on our ship other than perhaps 40c of pet food - regardless this is not the point of this thread at all.
This does not even to begin to explain the void which was left at Ark training grounds - or why people still today cannot find mobs in certain areas.
Were you going to drag them to the warp gate ?
Or just saving them for a rainy day?

Funny how you try to twist facts.
Besides 30 mobs is no effort and not hard at all we constantly have collects of 100-150 mobs going cause mindark still has no mothership content ingame and we deal with 'punies' everywhere.

No facts are twisted. The video shows your ship, mobs from another server area and people are free to come to their own conclusions. Please dont believe a word I say ! :D

Just on another note since this thread was started more photos have come to my attention from other space travelers, they back up my story and are very glad that im bringing this to light.

Here below you can see the ball of mobs that Normandie (off screen to the left) ran off and hid from arkadia training grounds a few months ago. You can clearly see the extent and thoroughness he has gone to, this does not only wreck the game for skilling ships, but also new players and hunters.

(picture below provided by anonymous player)
LyttJOs.jpg

Well a couple of days ago on a society space excursion we run into this said ship

That's hilarious! You were at the warp gate, warp mining and killing innocent ships.

Very very few people hunt Skyflails, moving a few of them whilst leaving the majority of the spawn in place would certainly not affect anyone's game play.

Trouble with hunting pirates is they rarely have loot. We had killed you several times this week. We know in bringing you the mobs you would either leave the innocent ships alone, or kill the mobs and act entirely different way in battle with now having loot. Which you did, by running away.

Lucky the people of Entropia are not daft and can read right through your silly games.

That's hilarious! You were at the warp gate, warp mining and killing innocent ships.
Irreverent ... were pirates ??
Its not against any rules for this.

Very very few people hunt Skyflails, moving a few of them whilst leaving the majority of the spawn in place would certainly not affect anyone's game play.
I hunt them quite often, why would I have their position saved in my stickys ?!?
I know the spawn is not dense, we had already killed off many before taking the video.
MOST of the mobs were taken from their spawn area.
This still does not excuse what was done one bit ?!? ... because nobody hunts Kerebos its ok for me to mob train them to a hidden area and hunt them myself ?
Seems very selfish if you ask me.

Trouble with hunting pirates is they rarely have loot. We had killed you several times this week. We know in bringing you the mobs you would either leave the innocent ships alone, or kill the mobs and act entirely different way in battle with now having loot. Which you did, by running away.

Lucky the people of Entropia are not daft and can read right through your silly games.

You have not killed me several times this week.
This is not only about the warp gate ! :D
Lucky the people of Entropia are not daft and can read between your lines !

What.. do you think you own space ?!?! :D

This does not even to begin to explain the void which was left at Ark training grounds - or why people still today cannot find mobs in certain areas.

Actually we spend most of our time hunting well away from the training areas. Usually locusta.
The trouble with training grounds, particular Arkadia is that many large ships hunt there. It's like 4 fishing boats j a small pond, the mobs dry up fast and respawn slow.

If you are concerned about spawn density please do report it to mind ark. Since you seem keen to report.
Just on another note since this thread was started more photos have come to my attention from other space travelers, they back up my story and are very glad that im bringing this to light.

Here below you can see the ball of mobs that Normandie (off screen to the left) ran off and hid from arkadia training grounds a few months ago. You can clearly see the extent and thoroughness he has gone to, this does not only wreck the game for skilling ships, but also new players and hunters.

LyttJOs.jpg
Are you being serious? That image clearly shows a space station directly infront. Hardly hidden! Plus the ship in the photo has the agro of many of those mobs.

We have however moved mobs in the past, and always killed them (so they respawn back at their home). Done with the best intentions to get MA to realise that they need to do more with space. Get more mobs up there and we all put more money into the economy :) We published it here several months ago, for everyone to read, It was discussed and debated at great length on this vey forum.

This thread however, is a pirate having a moan about being interrupted at a warp gate.

Last edited:

LyttJOs.jpg

Looks like a standard size mob collect on ark tg - where we are doing more collects since november after varyag performed their pirate attack when we were out near locusta.
We took their 'greetings' as an 'invitation' to spent more time with them - one could say in pvp everyone 'interferes' with everyone and usually the pirates are the one shouting the loudest about how other people should not complain - funny to see you being the 'crybabies' now :cool:

Varyag has passed us while collecting on ark tg countless times, often we kill them and take their collects - but they are welcome to try and take ours - its pvp after all ;)

Contact Support about it and let them decide how they see it i guess, but being lootable PvP not sure what their response would be. Is it right in my eyes, then i would say no but over the years have seen all kinds of shenanigans. I remember one Merry Mayhem where mobs were being hidden from competitors :laugh:.

Not a bad excuse ...
Still does not excuse what you did...
So does this justify interrupting the game for everyone else?

We actually shot down the mobs without any interruption from you and nobody was looted for anything on our ship other than perhaps 40c of pet food - regardless this is not the point of this thread at all.
Were you going to drag them to the warp gate ?
Or just saving them for a rainy day?

No facts are twisted. The video shows your ship, mobs from another server area and people are free to come to their own conclusions. Please dont believe a word I say ! :D

LyttJOs.jpg

For those unfamiliar with space and in particular Ark Training Grounds, I can be certain that this picture was taken inside Ark TG. How do I know this, how can you check for yourself ?
Go to Ark TG, align planet and SS, then fly towards the back of the TG. The SS will disappear from view before you leave the TG.
This is nothing more than a screenie showing what a large mob ball they had on that day. I have seen many such pictures taken by several motherships. Indeed since the designation of the ship is not shown it could be anyone.
If you wish to slander someone then at least find believable material.

Contact Support about it and let them decide how they see it i guess, but being lootable PvP not sure what their response would be. Is it right in my eyes, then i would say no but over the years have seen all kinds of shenanigans. I remember one Merry Mayhem where mobs were being hidden from competitors :laugh:.

Well like I stated in my original post, MA was contact months ago and ensure me that this is against both EULA and Tos.

Well like I stated in my original post, MA was contact months ago and ensure me that this is against both EULA and Tos.

In what way does it break any rule, it is clearly a skill run inside a TG. lol

Well i guess send details to them, they can track through logs or whatever. Then it's in MA's hands, maybe a change to mob AI would be a solution where they roam so far and head back.

We need a space update really tbh, and everyone on different sides of this discussion i think would agree.

Looks like a standard size mob collect on ark tg - where we are doing more collects since november after varyag performed their pirate attack when we were out near locusta.
We took their 'greetings' as an 'invitation' to spent more time with them - one could say in pvp everyone 'interferes' with everyone and usually the pirates are the one shouting the loudest about how other people should not complain - funny to see you being the 'crybabies' now :cool:

Varyag has passed us while collecting on ark tg countless times, often we kill them and take their collects - but they are welcome to try and take ours - its pvp after all ;)

Nice story here, totally irreverent... but like I said I just made this to show the community how you act when things dont go your way.

For those unfamiliar with space and in particular Ark Training Grounds, I can be certain that this picture was taken inside Ark TG. How do I know this, how can you check for yourself ?
Go to Ark TG, align planet and SS, then fly towards the back of the TG. The SS will disappear from view before you leave the TG.
This is nothing more than a screenie showing what a large mob ball they had on that day. I have seen many such pictures taken by several motherships. Indeed since the designation of the ship is not shown it could be anyone.
If you wish to slander someone then at least find believable material.

Its a pity so many people have a hard time reading...
"Here below you can see the ball of mobs that Normandie (off screen to the left) ran off and hid from arkadia training grounds a few months ago. "

I did not say these were the specific hidden mobs, simply an example of what the normandie is capable of.

Actually we spend most of our time hunting well away from the training areas. Usually locusta.
The trouble with training grounds, particular Arkadia is that many large ships hunt there. It's like 4 fishing boats j a small pond, the mobs dry up fast and respawn slow.

If you are concerned about spawn density please do report it to mind ark. Since you seem keen to report.

Are you being serious? That image clearly shows a space station directly infront. Hardly hidden! Plus the ship in the photo has the agro of many of those mobs.

We have however moved mobs in the past, and always killed them. Done with the best intentions to get MA to realise that they need to do more with space. Get more mobs up there and we all put more money into the economy :) We published it here several months ago, for everyone to read, It was discussed and debated at great length on this vey forum.

This thread however, is a pirate having a moan about being interrupted at a warp gate.

I will refer you to the reply above.
Obvious nit picking by the 2 mothership owners responsible for this very selfish style of gameplay.

This post has nothing to do with piracy, nebula virus, bugs or space updates... this is simply just something to show the community - they can make up their own minds like I said.

Well i guess send details to them, they can track through logs or whatever. Then it's in MA's hands, maybe a change to mob AI would be a solution where they roam so far and head back.

Or they could simply ensure that their is sufficient amounts of mobs in space so that people dont need to search for them :rolleyes:

Or they could simply ensure that their is sufficient amounts of mobs in space so that people dont need to search for them :rolleyes:

Kinda hard when you keep hiding them so nobody in the game has access to them... :rolleyes:

Funny how you never seem to have any problems gathering them... I guess its just cause your so good at space :D

"Here below you can see the ball of mobs that Normandie (off screen to the left) ran off and hid from arkadia training grounds a few months ago. "

I did not say these were the specific hidden mobs, simply an example of what the normandie is capable of.

I don't see any proof in the picture that this is the Normandie.

This shows it better:
http://https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?278311-ToS-Space-Migration-2015

It was even submitted to mindark with plenty of suggestions on how to improve space mob density/maturity/availability.

This is a bad attempt to side track the thread and again totally irreverent.
As I can see you do not have any valid excuse and simply choose to ignore the situation you left behind at Arkadia not long ago I will take a break and go get some breakfast.

I would also like to note that the only link in question is the following ..

I don't see any proof in the picture that this is the Normandie.

Thats fine mate, time stamp was spent to MA with that photo the player who forwarded it to me ensured.
Im not here to make judgement, simply putting a question forward to the community asking if this is fair play or not. So far I just see the culprits coming here and trying to side track my thread, perhaps this is their method of damage control ?

This is a bad attempt to side track the thread and again totally irreverent.
As I can see you do not have any valid excuse and simply choose to ignore the situation you left behind at Arkadia not long ago I will take a break and go get some breakfast.

I would also like to note that the only link in question is the following ..

Can you tell me what this is suppose to show? It's so bad I can't make out anything in it.

Can you tell me what this is suppose to show? It's so bad I can't make out anything in it.

Bad in which way ?
Blurry ?
Its recorded and uploaded at 1080 resolution... perhaps you need glasses ?

If you cannot see what it shows then perhaps this is the wrong thread to leave a comment in.

Kinda hard when you keep hiding them so nobody in the game has access to them... :rolleyes:

Funny how you never seem to have any problems gathering them... I guess its just cause your so good at space :D

True colours being shown here. You don't give a rats arse about the community, you have a chip on your shoulder about JBK at the moment, it's getting boring.

As for mobs, there are at least 19 locations, harbouring hundreds of mobs collectively. There are only a handful of large ships who gather mobs (planetside comparison like gathering and killing merp ). the rest will kill on site, and certainly not operate all at once. In essence if ships chose a different "pond" to fish in, there wouldn't be such tension with searching for the scraps.

Of course moving away from ark tg is inconvient for some, . Hence denser and more mature spawns would be ideal for all. It's win win for ma. The more mobs, the more we hunt skill and essentially pay. They don't interfere with travellers as they are not on flight paths.

Now that would be proper griefing. Placing a wall of mobs on the flight path caly to ark, or piling them up at caly atmosphere. Interrupting pirates at a warp gate with a handful of an unual mob, which were all going to die either way, is not.

Hopefully this thread may spike some interest in huntingin space. Please feel free to check out my mob locations map here. In the link you will also find clickable links to tell you more about each creature, with data and photos I've collected and scans very kindly sent to me by Mindark for the purposes of accessible creature info.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?271975-Space-Mob-Locations

Reactions: Ted
Seems like a passive aggressive thread here. This skilling has been around for years. It's nothing new and you know that. You know where they are if you really wanted to kill the mobs (but you dont). Nothing stopping you from shooting at the mobs while they skill. You obviously know where they are.

Really shouldn't be trying to make this out to be something that it isnt.

Bad in which way ?
Blurry ?
Its recorded and uploaded at 1080 resolution... perhaps you need glasses ?

If you cannot see what it shows then perhaps this is the wrong thread to leave a comment in.

So, let's start with there is no reference to where you are in space. You hid your location arrow. It's blurry (and I have my glasses on). The speed of the video jumps all over the place so you can't even try to work it out..

It plain sucks and proves nothing..

(btw, the neg rep was not needed for asking my question. Must have hit a nerve on who took that shitty video.)

100 PED / warp times won't be back....

True colours being shown here. You don't give a rats arse about the community, you have a chip on your shoulder about JBK at the moment, it's getting boring.

Untrue, im doing this for the community...
This does not in any way effect pirates, it effects normal players who try to skill and get greifed and waste their time when mobs are moved by you - again... do you own space ?

As for mobs, there are at least 19 locations, harbouring hundreds of mobs collectively. There are only a handful of legs ships who gather mobs, the rest will kill on site, and certainly not operate all at once. In essence if ships chose a different "pond" to fish in, there wouldn't be such tension with searching for the scraps.

So because your soc wants to play games with the community and run mobs away from their spawn we are simply forced to ... "chose a different "pond" to fish in"??
You DO realize how SELFISH this sounds right ?? ...

Of course moving away from ark tg is inconvient for some, . Hence denser and more mature spawns would be ideal for all. It's win win for ma. The more mobs, the more we hunt skill and essentially pay. They don't interfere with travelled as they are not on flight paths.

The 2 areas which are the most convient to the community are ARK and RT training grounds.
When you simply choose to hide all the mobs from either of these locations your effecting more than 50% (much more) of the players who wish to skill.

Now that would be proper griefing. Placing a wall of mobs on the flight path caly to ark, or piling them up at caly atmosphere. Interrupting pirates at a warp gate with a handful of an unual mob, which were all going to die either way, is not.

This is simply against the rules... at least if I come across this I know who to quote to MA

Hopefully this thread may spike some interest in huntingin space. Please feel free to check out my mob locations map here
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?271975-Space-Mob-Locations

Are these some of the mobs you hid from the rest of the community?
Most probably - pathetic attempt to change the subject.

What else will you try to do to save face?? ...
(time for gif)
giphy.gif

Please Serica, just leave this one!!!! Such sad very cry

Last edited:
Seems like a passive aggressive thread here. This skilling has been around for years. It's nothing new and you know that. You know where they are if you really wanted to kill the mobs (but you dont). Nothing stopping you from shooting at the mobs while they skill. You obviously know where they are.

Really shouldn't be trying to make this out to be something that it isnt.

Please, if you have no understanding of what this is about then I would ask not to post a bad attempt to undermine my thread.

I may want to take this opportunity to mention that it is free to join in on Normandie to skill repairs as you can see from the provided material we have plenty of opportunity and the community is welcome :wtg: :D
We also provide temporary gunner options during hunts to those who want to see how it is to hunt with a mothership.
To become part of our crew please check information provided on our website (see signature) and/or pm me ingame - ToS Normandie (200K+SI) a community ship of entropia universe :D

PS: We kill pirates as a hobby - so if you like to hunt them be welcome to join us :D

So, let's start with there is no reference to where you are in space. You hid your location arrow. It's blurry (and I have my glasses on). The speed of the video jumps all over the place so you can't even try to work it out..

It plain sucks and proves nothing..

(btw, the neg rep was not needed for asking my question. Must have hit a nerve on who took that shitty video.)

No no, it was... your part of the problem obviously, working in cahoots with the ship owner in question - just something to let the community know - hopefully your intent will shine through :)

MA had no problem seeing what the issue here was, surprising that you cannot... :ahh:

Status
Back