Any chance of a september release preview / sneak peak?

While it might not be in the September release I've sure got something cool to tell you about the October release, we're finally introducing some mining "iron challenge style" missions!

For all the hunters out there we're introducing a huge amount of daily hunting missions that reward a new type of token that can be used to purchase items from various traders around Calypso.

You almost got me Kim :)

Nice evasive maneuver by telling us about something in another release.

We want to know IF there will be a Sept. Release as it was suppose to be last Tues, but that didn't happen. Can you please tell us when then new VU will be?

We want to know IF there will be a Sept. Release as it was suppose to be last Tues, but that didn't happen. Can you please tell us when then new VU will be?

I don't think there was ever a concrete date mentioned, IIRC it was 'early September'. Next Tuesday will still fall into that time frame.

We already have mission tokens...please don't add more tokens! :scratch2:

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think there was ever a concrete date mentioned, IIRC it was 'early September'. Next Tuesday will still fall into that time frame.

Thank you Kim..

Oh wait your not Kim.

Please don't answer for him, and it was specified as the first week of sept. release.

I don't have time to look it up but your welcome to yourself

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Kim..

Oh wait your not Kim.

Please don't answer for him, and it was specified as the first week of sept. release.

I don't have time to look it up but your welcome to yourself

Since you are so charming, I'll make sure to remember you and do not answer any of your posts...

Now I understand why forums are dying.

No offense, but can't read or just won't? These tokens are untradeable.

No offense, but are you slow? My point is we don't need more/different/new mission rewards to stack up in storage when we already have reward tokens we can earn. My previous post is still valid.

I could understand storage with 500 limit back when we had 1 or maybe 2 planets but now we have

cyrene
calypso
NI
RT
Ark
FOMA
CP

whatever that moon will have
and some new upcoming planet

And Hell, The Hub, Hunt the Thing and Ancient Greece (don't know if Space counts)

I was smiling when I read this.

Is the real reason some players want to know when the update will happen, because that's when the system gets uploaded with a new batch of lootable unlimited items? LOL.

Took me 8 years to work out that's what happens, and always at work midweek on update day.

I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that such drops are spread out somehow.

Rick

I was smiling when I read this.

Is the real reason some players want to know when the update will happen, because that's when the system gets uploaded with a new batch of lootable unlimited items? LOL.

Took me 8 years to work out that's what happens, and always at work midweek on update day.

I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that such drops are spread out somehow.

Rick

for myself, no that's not the reason or intention. I have never had luck with finding or discovering anything in line with new vu's.

I just wanna tier some gear and am waitin for tiering cost to be reduced. Its really just that simple.

These are untradable, you will actually need to collect your own tokens if you want these items.

Fair enough, as long as the reward items are tradeable. If not, then this is most likely another step towards the complete destruction of the economy that you seem so keen on for some reason.

Disclaimer: this has been a sarcastic post; since I found many people do not get sarcasm; I've included this disclaimer to avoid confusion
Now if only I could figure out if this disclaimer is sarcastic or not... ;)

While it might not be in the September release I've sure got something cool to tell you about the October release, we're finally introducing some mining "iron challenge style" missions!

For all the hunters out there we're introducing a huge amount of daily hunting missions that reward a new type of token that can be used to purchase items from various traders around Calypso.

Nice that there will be more mining missions. How about some exploring "iron challenge" missions for new players - like run from Port Atlantis to Cape Corinth 10 times without being killed, or run/swim from Sakura City to New Switzerland 10 times. It could bring back the old TP-run spirit, and make players more aware of how to get around without vehicles - learn cunning.

Nice that there will be more mining missions. How about some exploring "iron challenge" missions for new players - like run from Port Atlantis to Cape Corinth 10 times without being killed, or run/swim from Sakura City to New Switzerland 10 times. It could bring back the old TP-run spirit, and make players more aware of how to get around without vehicles - learn cunning.

Exactly, why not.

and make players more aware of how to get around without vehicles

And reducing MA/PP cut which comes from vehicle decay / oil consumption. I do not think they are eager to do it.

I explored on foot most of the TPs on Eudoria, got stuck for days at outposts before learning about Calypso Rescuing Team, but I see now many players unwilling to even leave Camp Icarus to follow the missions towards Nus and PA and then to the Twin. Some even pay for rides directly to Twin or sweating OLA's if they are not shipped there for free by benevolent players.

Fair enough, as long as the reward items are tradeable. If not, then this is most likely another step towards the complete destruction of the economy that you seem so keen on for some reason.

If the missions and reward are well balanced, i think this kind of system is good for the game and a good complement to ordinary economy. But the values of the rewards should be relatively low compared to the mission you must do, it's should only be a small bonus and nothing that really have a huge effect of the overall loot reward.

An example a type of non-tradeable rewards I would like to see: Free space travel to an other planet. Use your non-tradeable mission tokens to buy a space travel to an other planet on a NPC Ship. The reward itself don't have any tt value, but for the player it have a value. Okey, the planetpartner maybe don't like players to live their planet, so they would not like that kind of reward...:silly2: But similar type of rewards that you only can use for yourself and can't be transferred/sold.

If the missions and reward are well balanced, i think this kind of system is good for the game and a good complement to ordinary economy. But the values of the rewards should be relatively low compared to the mission you must do, it's should only be a small bonus and nothing that really have a huge effect of the overall loot reward.

An example a type of non-tradeable rewards I would like to see: Free space travel to an other planet. Use your non-tradeable mission tokens to buy a space travel to an other planet on a NPC Ship. The reward itself don't have any tt value, but for the player it have a value. Okey, the planetpartner maybe don't like players to live their planet, so they would not like that kind of reward...:silly2: But similar type of rewards that you only can use for yourself and can't be transferred/sold.

You do know that is actually interfering with the economy right ?

Let me point it out fot you..
I'm one of the persons that invested in space and will continue to do.
I bought a ship , now if people where to get tokens to get a npc flight what would that mean for shipholders ?
Less to no travelers for us as it can be done for free anyways.
What results in nobody will fly 》 no need to upgrade or get thrusters or warp modules 》 no need to buy gold 》 no need to for crafters making the named things 》 the crafters have no need to buy materials 》 hunters and miners have no need to llok for stuff as they can't sell 》 hunters and miners have no need for gear that crafters make and so on.
In the end there will be no demand for anything.

I know this sounds radical.
And its a part of economy , but what im trying to say is that everything in a economy is somehow connected to each other.
Change one tiny thing and the whole economy could be affected.

Just saying my thoughts,

Best regards , Qs

What we want and what we get are usually poles apart.. i Hope the log off bug is fixed - apart from that I am happy to wait and see..

I do agree that adding another form of token is a bit pointless
I would like to see taming come back - just to stop everyone banging on about it
I am keen too see what the new moon will be like
I would like to see the spaceship log off removed to really stir up interplanetary trade and make space (even More) political - its been quiet from there for a while now. If this changes I may leave terra firma and take up residence on CP (hunt the aurli and krelt) and watch the pirates spend their ill gotten gains.

Everyone has different ideas about what should be changed / added / removed but in general we all seem to accept the changes and just get on with it.

You have to gather pieces of info everywhere. Kim said that PP update will be on 1 Oct, then Chris|Arkadia confirmed PP update in Oct and mentioned platform update in September.

Personally I see no use for this info, officially or not, since we won't see update notes until after the updates anyway.

Sorry but it's in the buzz rapport , the update early september ( or close to early ) hehehe is a platfom update .. no new content.
In october the pp update is planned to happen with a lot of new content from several planet partners

Greets Qs

@ moondog.

I totally agree with you.
Every one has his/her own things what they like or don't like.

I hope taiming gets back aswell for the same reason . Just to stop the jimmer jammer about it. Lol
Not that i mind it much.
The game for me is allready good as it is ..there are loads of opportunities the only thing is that many don't see them.
What i don't hope is that the log off feature goes away when the warp ship still aren't having the possibility to use all the gunner seats and the range of guns having half the range the little quad type ships have while our guns are far bigger.

Also it would be bad for the travel prices i think as those will rise up.
That giving the reaction of many people not going to travel any longer.

Though if MA would implement that only a certain % of the stacks they carry can be looted many people will probably be a lot more happy and maybe understand the game aspect of it.

But that's just a thought.

Greets. Qs

Let me point it out fot you..
I'm one of the persons that invested in space and will continue to do.
I bought a ship , now if people where to get tokens to get a npc flight what would that mean for shipholders ?
Less to no travelers for us as it can be done for free anyways.
What results in nobody will fly 》 no need to upgrade or get thrusters or warp modules 》 no need to buy gold 》 no need to for crafters making the named things 》 the crafters have no need to buy materials 》 hunters and miners have no need to llok for stuff as they can't sell 》 hunters and miners have no need for gear that crafters make and so on.
In the end there will be no demand for anything.

I know this sounds radical.
And its a part of economy , but what im trying to say is that everything in a economy is somehow connected to each other.
Change one tiny thing and the whole economy could be affected.

Just saying my thoughts,

Best regards , Qs

Well, I did say it should be a well balanced reward. Let's say that you have a mission to kill 500 Molisk and the reward is one free space travel to a planet, and it is non-tradeable. Do you seriously think that will have a huge impact on the space travel business? No, it would have a very limited effect, because I don't think anyone would think, "I need to travel to Arkadia, let's kill go kill 500 Molisks and get a free ride". They would probably pay the ticket fee instead.

Though if MA would implement that only a certain % of the stacks they carry can be looted many people will probably be a lot more happy and maybe understand the game aspect of it.

But that's just a thought.

Greets. Qs

This is something I have suggested in the past in some posts, they should make it so only a share of the stackables you are caring would be looted, let's say 25 % or something like that.

That's a risk with *every* change. If the color of Jesters would be black instead of red, it would have an impact for the people who had a jester to fit with a certain outfit, for instance.

This is something I have suggested in the past in some posts, they should make it so only a share of the stackables you are caring would be looted, let's say 25 % or something like that.

I've suggested something like that (possiblt not to MA though): If a miner in pvp4 had the chance of keep something after having met Hulk (and antitoxic shots were cheaper), it would probably make it more appealing for non-pvp professionals to go out there to mine.

I couldn't have said it better myself...

and while we r on the subject of extra inventory stuff.

I could understand storage with 500 limit back when we had 1 or maybe 2 planets but now we have

cyrene
calypso
NI
RT
Ark
FOMA
CP

whatever that moon will have
and some new upcoming planet

for the love of God, please please please please please. up the inventory to at least 1k or 2k items.
and possibly a search interface so we can just type in an item inventory and that item pop up and we wont have to waste so much time looking thru all those items for 1 little thing.

Great idea!! This should definately be taken up by MA!!

Hmm, could you fix the current one first? This ain't fun:

Back