EBN: The Egg has been recovered

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Jermaine Johansson: “You’re watching Entropia Breaking News. I’m your host, Jermaine Johansson.
Today’s top story: The Egg has been recovered and moved to a classified safe location. It is expected to hatch very soon.
CJ Weave joins us from the classified location. CJ?”
CJ Weave: “Thanks, Jermaine. I am at a heavily guarded CDF black site, where the Egg has just arrived from the scene of the battle with the RX units. I will, once again, be keeping you updated until the Egg has hatched.
I am joined by Xenobiologist Charles Marvin’s assistant, Dr Wilson, and CDF Ground Forces Commander de Souza. Dr Wilson, what can you tell us? Is the Egg alright?”
Dr Wilson: “The Egg has just been put into the new incubator that was built with the parts collected by colonists. All its vital signs are normal and it does not appear to have been tampered with. Tiny cracks are already starting to appear in the shell, and from what we can tell they were not caused by external trauma.”
CJ Weave: “So when can we expect it to hatch? What can we expect to come out of the Egg?”
Dr Wilson: “It could be days, or just hours. Any time now. Whatever comes out, the Egg hatching will be the dawn of a new era on Calypso, Dr. Marvin assures us.”
CJ Weave: “General, as the person responsible for the “rescue operation” of the Egg, this must be a thrilling moment for you. How does it feel to have played such a pivotal part in what will be “the dawn of a new era on Calypso?”
Brigadier General de Souza: “Are you serious? Just hatch the damn thing so my men can stop babysitting and get back to fighting the invasion.”
Dr Wilson: “Commander, you don’t understand-”
Brigadier General de Souza: “No, doctor, YOU don’t underst-”
Xenobiologist Charles Marvin: “I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY! General, the work done in here, by my team, outweighs all that you and your soldiers are doing out on the surface. The robots invaded to get the Egg. The RX violated the truce to get the Egg. There is only one way we can end this invasion - by hatching the Egg. And when it does, it will be absolutely marvellous.”
Brigadier General de Souza: “By that logic, we might as well destroy the Egg and be done with it.”
Charles Marvin: “Commander! Need I call the Governor again?”
Brigadier General de Souza: “Listen, you-”
CJ Weave: “Speaking of the RX, commander: some have voiced concerns that going after all RX because of the actions of a few is only going to open up a new conflict for no good reason.”
Brigadier General de Souza: “If we see a robot, do we ask it if it personally has killed Calypsians before we destroy it? No. How is destroying an RX any different from destroying a robot?”
CJ Weave: “What about those who say that these RX might not even be the same RX that have coexisted peacefully with us here on Calypso?”
Brigadier General de Souza: “That is a lie. A dangerous rumour that you should not be perpetuating. Look - The RX have murdered CDF personnel. Stolen the property of Calypsians. Plotted with the robots against us. The events of the last few weeks show just how vulnerable we are to attacks from the RX. None of us will be safe until all RX on Calypso are dealt with - and they will be dealt with.”
CJ Weave: “Very well. Thank you, commander.”
Jermain Johansson: “...
Hrm. Alright, thrilling stuff. We’re going to take a short break for some messages from our sponsor, the Chikara corporation - but be sure to stay tuned for the conclusion of this mystery several years in the making. You don’t want to miss this “dawn of a new era”.”!

Originally Posted Here

Ours .... Days....

:yay:

Mari *.* < Eggcited

Did they actually take the egg away from Dethifier?

when is next patch lagg in servers is soo bad

Egg-strordinary developments....

Just in time for the spring MM instances tomorrow.

Surely death hasn't bought the rights to spring MM on TI... nope can't see that.

Still can't tie the pieces together, unless the instances are on TI but you got to fight through the egg monsters to access it....Mmmmmm.... nope cant see that either.

Guess I go to bed and see tomorrow.

Rick

It will hatch at 16.00 MA and spring mayhem will start in an instance on Treasure Island.. Thats my Guess

That we will be fighting the egg mobs for Spring Mayhem.

Brigadier General de Souza: “That is a lie. A dangerous rumour that you should not be perpetuating. Look - The RX have murdered CDF personnel. Stolen the property of Calypsians. Plotted with the robots against us. The events of the last few weeks show just how vulnerable we are to attacks from the RX. None of us will be safe until all RX on Calypso are dealt with - and they will be dealt with.”

I was killed more times by other "colonists" than RX, and there are pirates who make money by robbing space travellers (destroying their ships and killing them first). Heck there are even normal colonists who go after other colonists in toxic zones!

Aia said:
And why are we fighting the RX? Shouldn't we try to contact them to get their intention?

Maybe they know something they haven&apos;t been able to tell us yet, maybe they want to take the egg to keep us safe from robot realliation
What if the robots wants the egg to keep robots from spawning zillions of hatchlings on the planet and they know we can't guard teh egg ourselves
the rx wants the egg to keep robots^*

Brigadier General Yevgeny de Souza said:
Hrm. No comment. My job is to kill robots, not try to figure out what they're thinking.

Last edited:
how rude, of them to do that :( hopefully it works out for you in the end.

It disappeared from storage at some point during the event without any sort of notification.

- Deathifier

I would hope for your sake that the instances get moved to TI after the event is over.

It disappeared from storage at some point during the event without any sort of notification.

I hope you and MA has something worked out. Kind of sucks when I did hear of the egg hatching and all with the latest event, I ran right to TI to look for it to find well..wtf? (K K Where The Food :laugh:)

Can't find the representative. Either it isn't rezzing due to lag, or it is elsewhere...but where is he?

Edit: nvm, a convo just appeared when I walked through a trigger point or something

- Deathifier

This is the most alarming thing I think I've ever heard in EU frankly. You don't seem to be 'role playing' here, but simply stating the facts. I had thought I'd jump in and have a go in the event, not being at the pc for a few days, I had a lot to read to get caught up with all the event info, and I hoped there had been a fix for the loss of game sound I've had since the last VU (something about EUs interaction with 64bit systems). Reading of all the usual (or worse than usual) bugs, crashes etc, I thought oh well, maybe I won't bother right away, wait for the usual patch. But then I read the above....

If the devs can simply 'take' a virtual item that you paid thousands of dollars for, with no notice, no discussion, and not even put the event on your land areas, I won't be participating at all thanks very much, but I will be watching closely for some official explanation and apologies and recompense to you at the very minimum. This is scary stuff, a lot scarier than some stupid feffox whatever :mad:

This is the most alarming thing I think I've ever heard in EU frankly. You don't seem to be 'role playing' here, but simply stating the facts. I had thought I'd jump in and have a go in the event, not being at the pc for a few days, I had a lot to read to get caught up with all the event info, and I hoped there had been a fix for the loss of game sound I've had since the last VU (something about EUs interaction with 64bit systems). Reading of all the usual (or worse than usual) bugs, crashes etc, I thought oh well, maybe I won't bother right away, wait for the usual patch. But then I read the above....

If the devs can simply 'take' a virtual item that you paid thousands of dollars for, with no notice, no discussion, and not even put the event on your land areas, I won't be participating at all thanks very much, but I will be watching closely for some official explanation and apologies and recompense to you at the very minimum. This is scary stuff, a lot scarier than some stupid feffox whatever :mad:

I dont have much faith in MA but for some reason in this case i do !
Just like Deathfier always had in the outcome of his great purshase...

In awaiting of a great outcome,

Mari *.*

- Deathifier

Wow, this is beyond even MA, so these brainiacs stole an item you paid 70K USD for without any prior notice to you and somehow think this is ok...unbefuckinglievable, hope they actually have a quarter of a brain not to screw you, good luck!

Last edited:

- Deathifier
Wait..wait..Deathifier. You are referring to Mindark in this comment and not storyline RX units?..Right? Just to be clear. :scratch2:

- Deathifier

Lol your joking ?

Can't be the end, you must get it back unless you have already struck a deal with MA :p

If no... I quit :p

lol guys....
MA didn't Steal it...
IT's PART OF the EVENT don't worry Death i am sure will get something great outta this
let us watch it play out first before we cast stones

I would guess that they removed it (The Egg item) to avoid the possibility of me causing confusion by plonking the Egg down somewhere whilst it was supposed to be missing or hatched or whatever.

I'm sure something will happen to return or replace it as the event goes on, however I do not know what MindArk has planned and I prefer to stick to factual statements rather than speculation.

- Deathifier

Thanks Deathifier for your further post. Good to hear you believe it will all get sorted out for the best for you, I believe it must as well. No matter what the end result though, they should have at least told you they were taking the item for the event, though what you just suggested is no doubt the case (to prevent confusion while the Egg was supposed to be elsewhere/hatched etc). We must wait and see, and hope for the best.

regardless how it turns out, I think the fact they just removed such a high priced item from the owner with NO communication with him at ALL. Seriously breaks buyer faith in the system, why would anyone buy into anything large when MA treats the buyers this way?

Its one thing to break a 100ped broom, its quite another to remove a 70k ped item...its disrespect, from MA to the players (whats new).

No wonder there was only one bidder for the moon....

Reactions: Lee
Back