How to anoy people, short very quick guide

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
Buy Sleip or Chopper, any airborn vehicle that won´t be attacked by mobs.
Fly to any wave spawn, where actually people are hunting down the waves. Watch them wasting PED, but don´t help!

As soon the boss spawns, jump out of your vehicle and shoot at it using big ass gun.

Get main part of the boss loot, for doing nothing.

Surely all that have hunted down the waves, will be very anoyed!

:mad:

You shouldn't be annoyed at the people who have worked out the best strategy, you should be annoyed at the people who designed a system where that is the best strategy.

PS pumping 60 PED of ammo with damage-enhanced XT+Dante into one mob isn't doing nothing.

You shouldn't be annoyed at the people who have worked out the best strategy, you should be annoyed at the people who designed a system where that is the best strategy.

PS pumping 60 PED of ammo with damage-enhanced XT+Dante into one mob isn't doing nothing.

Maybe Rextelum should have an aerial attack that actually damages vehicles. :thumbup:

Oh, but then everyone will post that "greedy MA" is trying to "rip people off again." :silly:

I see now that it is impossible to win this debate. :wise:

why?

and i thought it was generally welcomed for people to jump into a wave battle at anytime to help out?:scratch2:

Helping out at a wave killing wave mobs is something totally different than waiting untill others killed all the waves and shoot only at the Boss.
My post was not about the sandking, it was about really low wave, where I killed of all waves totally alone and then someone jumped out of his VTOL and got 90% of the Boss Loot HoF!

I can feel with those people when it happens at sandking, too.
Its just anoying doing all the work, and get "nothing" as a reward as items only drop from bosses!

Helping out at a wave killing wave mobs is something totally different than waiting untill others killed all the waves and shoot only at the Boss.
My post was not about the sandking, it was about really low wave, where I killed of all waves totally alone and then someone jumped out of his VTOL and got 90% of the Boss Loot HoF!

I can feel with those people when it happens at sandking, too.
Its just anoying doing all the work, and get "nothing" as a reward as items only drop from bosses!

That's lame.

If everyone took this "best strategy", the boss mobs would never be spawned.

But they don't, for now. Maybe eventually they will. It's game theory at work.

And then it would no longer be the best strategy, MA is dynamic :)

Agreed, it wouldn't be hard for MA to implement a system such as checking between waves that if your hit average is less than n, your not allowed to put hits on/collect loot on a boss.

As a programmer I'm often involved in discussions that run along the line 'this is obvious, why doesn't it' and the like, while time is often quoted as the limiting factor - mainly because devs just don't want to give themselves a hard life before even starting a project, but this kind of problem/solution should really be blatantly obvious to anyone on the development as being too important to ignore, yet we're left shouting about it possibly indefinitely. Sometimes I wonder if a play model of 'under-hand' style isn't engineered into the world, as an extra career opportunity; You have unlocked 'Subversiveness'.

nice i think i will give this a go :D

This... dont hate the players hate the game :wtg:

Sorry, but they are also entitled to that loot.

They put in some heavy DPS to help take down the boss.

The boss loot will not be based on all the waves...

would be more annoying if you just bring an opalo, fire one shot and then get an item in the loot :)

But they don't, for now. Maybe eventually they will. It's game theory at work.

Well and best theory for comon hunting is killstealing, what could lead to a ban, if reported to support.

What is the difference of comon killstealing and just stealing a boss of a wave spawn ???

Comon sense plz !

Those that hunt down all waves, normally should be able to kill the boss without any help of someone who didn´t fire a single shot at any mob untill the boss spawned.

I see this super strategy as harrasment, nothing else!

Old timers talking about it being ok to steal a mob boss?!

Get real. Its not ok, it is by no chance ok.
Its just plain wrong.

If the player who killed all the waves needs help then sure; but one should ask the player.
To just think its ok to jump in and kick the boss while its down- is a cowards move.

How would you feel? Do you want to run off more players?
Its not MA fault. Sure its easy to blame the goverment.
You are the one who did what you knew was wrong.

You have lost honor skill points.

That made me lol. Thats a joke right?

Thats sounds like one of those spoiled kids from those weird movies who are mean to everyone and waste money like shit. Sure they can do that, but is that the right thing to do?

or even better: like going to a homeless shelter to eat and then mock the people organizing it cuz their stupid to give away free food. ...Really?

Jesus, comon dude you aren't twelve anymore, i understand your pissed cuz you haven't gotten a virtual-item-lay in a while but thats not an excuse to act like an ass. At least admit what you are beeing and don't defend yourself with "oh, i'm doing everything right cuz noone can really make me stop". Behavior like that pisses people off and nothing else.

Plus the system would work perfectly good if there weren't this many .... people abusing the system.

Regards
Thark

PS: maybe i react too strongly to that kinda stuff, but i bet the germans here understand the parallels i'm drawing in my head.

Last edited:
What is the difference of comon killstealing and just stealing a boss of a wave spawn ???

Well obviously the difference is that shared loot is specifically designed so that everyone who shoots the mobs has a chance of getting loot, while with kill-stealing one person gets the loot and the other gets nothing.

That made me lol. Thats a joke right?

Thats sounds like one of those spoiled kids from those weird movies who are mean to everyone and waste money like shit. Sure they can do that, but is that the right thing to do?

or even better: like going to a homeless shelter to eat and then mock the people organizing it cuz their stupid to give away free food. ...Really?

Jesus, comon dude you aren't twelve anymore, i understand your pissed cuz you haven't gotten a virtual-item-lay in a while but thats not an excuse to act like an ass. At least admit what you are beeing and don't defend yourself with "oh, i'm doing everything right cuz noone can really make me stop". Behavior like that pisses people off and nothing else.

Plus the system would work perfectly good if there weren't this many .... people abusing the system.

Regards
Thark

PS: maybe i react too strongly to that kinda stuff, but i bet the germans here understand the parallels i'm drawing in my head.

I'm not sure what you think I have done. All I've done on shared loot bosses is lose several hundred PEDs. Maybe you should calm down and look at the situation objectively instead of making silly accusations.

Is it an exploit? Apparently not.
Are you an asshole for taking advantage of the loophole? Yes.
Can you live with that? Who cares, you're an asshole!

:wise:

Is it an exploit? Apparently not.
Are you an asshole for taking advantage of the loophole? Yes.
Can you live with that? Who cares, you're an asshole!

:wise:

Quote of the year :)

Back