Content Release 2011.1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2011.1
2011-02-16

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

NEW FEATURES

Achievements

Have you done something incredibly cool and want to brag about it? The Achievement System allows you to: each time you achieve something, you get an achievement. If people are nearby when it happens, they can see the icon and title when it happens.

In this release, over a hundred achievements have been introduced. You can look at your achievements through the action library and through the context menu under My Avatars-Achievements, and you can also look at other avatar’s collection of achievements through the context menu under Avatar-View Achievements.

FOMA Stadium

A stadium has been built at FOMA Fortuna, where avatars can play with their vehicles and hunt.

New Iron Challenges

CFA representatives Emanuel Gonsalez and Morgan Drell host four new Iron Challenges at Shinook Jungle. Morgan Drell hosts Allophyl/Estophyl and Atrax Iron Challenges, while Emanuel Gonsalez hosts Longu and Neconu Iron Challenges.

Rent reimbursement

The opportunity to file a support case to claim reimbursement of rent paid in advance after December 8th, 2011, has now run out. Any further claims will be invalid.
We expect that the reimbursements for valid claims will be completed by Friday February 18th 2011.

FIXED ISSUES

General World issues

• Mobs should no longer spawn in walls in Port Atlantis
  • Tweaked night and day settings on the FOMA asteroid
  • Fixed some vegetation issues
  • Snow and Christmas trees removed
  • Optimized vegetation around Memorial Island and Sissipahaw Water Plant
  • Added waterfalls to Memorial Island
  • Removed intersecting vegetation in the Beta building in Omegaton West Habitat
  • Cleared vegetation from the roads around Twin Peaks
  • Fixed some rocks bending in the wind
  • Landed Fertilizer Terminals and Land Area Marker
  • Fixed a lot of terrain issues
  • Added turret to Omegaton West Habitat
Medusa’s Head issues

• Adjusted land area borders on Medusa’s Head
  • Updated some waterfalls on Medusa
  • Apartment and shops
  • Fixed an issue with item points in apartments and shops
  • Fixed an issue with all Medusa Estates
Mission issues

• Scouting missions for old Iron Challenges have been updated to use waypoints
  • Fixed typos in quests
Miscellaneous issues

• Optimized the tomtebloss
  • Removed all vehicle commission terminals
  • Fixed an issue with fog indoors in Port Atlantis main building
SEE ALSO

Originally Posted Here

Optimized the tomtebloss

This made me lol :laugh:

Foma Stadium eh? The same one CND was supposed to have from the beginning?

Ouch!

Achievements

Have you done something incredibly cool and want to brag about it? The Achievement System allows you to: each time you achieve something, you get an achievement. If people are nearby when it happens, they can see the icon and title when it happens.

In this release, over a hundred achievements have been introduced. You can look at your achievements through the action library and through the context menu under My Avatars-Achievements, and you can also look at other avatar’s collection of achievements through the context menu under Avatar-View Achievements.

:eyecrazy: So what are these? The text in platform notes made it look like it was referring to skill unlocks, but looks like this is not so. Is there a list somewhere? Does it include stuff like "PK Star", "Kill Atrax Stalker", "Have all TPs" or are these unrelated? Are there any mining / crafting achievements?

New Iron Challenges

CFA representatives Emanuel Gonsalez and Morgan Drell host four new Iron Challenges at Shinook Jungle. Morgan Drell hosts Allophyl/Estophyl and Atrax Iron Challenges, while Emanuel Gonsalez hosts Longu and Neconu Iron Challenges.

Just when I thought I had reached some sort of closure on Iron missions, knowing which ones I would do and in which order, theres new ones. Well, :yay: on Atrax I guess. I feel I am sinking ever deeper into a hole labeled "never complete significant portion of iron missions".

• Fixed some rocks bending in the wind

Oh noes! Surely not the bending stone columns on the island of Segna forest! Please tell me it is not so! That these did bend was really cool.

Also - what about hangars?

No comment..

Steroids no!

Just a few vitamins!

3 hours :scratch2:

:eyecrazy: So what are these? The text in platform notes made it look like it was referring to skill unlocks, but looks like this is not so. Is there a list somewhere? Does it include stuff like "PK Star", "Kill Atrax Stalker", "Have all TPs" or are these unrelated? Are there any mining / crafting achievements?

If those includes skill unlocks, I hope we will not have to chip out and then re-unlock the skills to get the achievements :silly2:

More Iron Challenges :eyecrazy:
How about a Silver or Gold Challenge :lolup:

Some good stuff here.

4 new Iron challenges (Dan you can get 100 Psyche now ;) )
Achievements
Neverdie gets his stadium (sadly after he sold it)
and plenty of bug fixes.

I like :)

Am i lucky or what, bought atrax park at 20 January and now we get Atrax missions :love:

Am i lucky or what, bought atrax park at 20 January and now we get Atrax missions :love:

Yes but .. You know this means a lot of people want to find a lot of youngs, right? While there is an extra benefit to hunting older ones, what almost everybody doing the mission wants is loads of youngs so they can get some fast attribute boosts or a dense spawn so they don't grow old killing 15K.

I guess i have to try what is better, aiming for ubers to do mission on Stalkers and Prowlers or for the majority of players doing at young to old.
I have 4 Atrax dna at my landarea so i could make the spawn from young up to domi, maybe that would work well...

There are not even any new Bronze challenges. It would be good to get a statement from Pioneer, but I imagine Bronze and any later challenges are dependent on completition of earlier ones. So no bronzes for unpopular missions and no silvers until lots of people are done on bronze.

Movement
Improved the feeling and response when you move around:

•You now strafe as fast as you run straight.
•You now run faster backwards.
•It is smoother and quicker to move from side to side (strafe left and then right).
•Your speed is maintained when running straight and strafing at the same time.

now all they have to do is increase the speed :rolleyes:

Iron challanges ? :rolleyes: . . . Meh , boring stuff , usual hunting with points (and more novas as prize).
Better bring back the Beacons !!!!

This "update" seems like it might be a major one with some neato fixes :)

I can see the bugs rolling in already..

~Danimal

Yes but .. You know this means a lot of people want to find a lot of youngs, right? While there is an extra benefit to hunting older ones, what almost everybody doing the mission wants is loads of youngs so they can get some fast attribute boosts or a dense spawn so they don't grow old killing 15K.

Whats the extra benefit for hunting old ones?

Better chance to looting something nice like a shopkeeper, marber, strikehammer or foeripper maybe? :)

Better chance to looting something nice like a shopkeeper, marber, strikehammer or foeripper maybe? :)

Good point i looted a marber from them on your LA :)

nice stuff in there... new iron missions and rock solid rocks.

coud someone pls fix the beauty chairs too? lol

Whats the extra benefit for hunting old ones?

The extra benefit is that if you take part in atrax hunting events - like say the one toad is running in his park - is that all the kills count for an iron mission too.

Back