Cryptocurrency experience

Presumably, Aio, you are taking the asteroid comments too literally as far as timescale. I only meant to outline the future, it will happen eventually (and its starting now)..even if many of us will be long gone doesn't change that likely fact. There will be new stores of wealth needed in the future when precious metals become more common.

Why would they become more common. If anything, gold will always become less common due to population growth (i.e. gold per head).

The way a star collapses allows us to predict the proportions of gold in the universe. You're not going to find an asteroid which is anywhere near 100% gold.

I don't even know why I'm getting involved. It's like talking to people who smoke too much weed and read too many sci-fi novels.

You're not going to find an asteroid which is anywhere near 100% gold.

Erm, accretion disks is advanced physics and all that, while Phaeton hypothesis was first formulated by a retired linguist. (not that there is anything wrong with linguistics but people find non-numerical stuff easier to believe)

Aio, you can't be serious. We know about more gold in asteroids in our own solar system than we have ever extracted in our history... now, how many solar systems do we know about already, how many galaxies?? But yeah, our population growth will surely outgrow that no problem
.. wow

I like you, and I know you are smart, but sometimes that attitude though! Maybe you should smoke one!

Lol Don't be coming on here trying to insult people that are trying to have a discussion. I certainly don't claim to have anywhere near all the answers, just bringing some new topics to the table.

Feel free to agree or disagree, but please bring thoughtful analysis not cheap jokes, your better than that!

Aio, you can't be serious. We know about more gold in asteroids in our own solar system than we have ever extracted in our history... now, how many solar systems do we know about already, how many galaxies?? But yeah, our population growth will surely outgrow that no problem
.. wow

:lolup::lolup::silly2::dunce:

Call me when you are back from the other galaxies with your gold :)

Always useful to use extremes to illustrate a point! :wise:

Many of the arguments you see about gold vs bitcoin always brought up is that gold is finite and that bitcoin/crypto isnt...

Blockchain: Nice and welcome concept!

BitCoin & Co.: "Lego Money" created by burning coal & uranium. Pointless beside gamble...

Got out by yesterday? The empire strikes back...

how many flavor of crypto coin out there from what a read over 1000

so what happend if poeple choose another one

how many flavor of crypto coin out there from what a read over 1000

Its over 3k different coins :)

Or what if a govt makes their own and outlaws all others?

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/11/30/next-stop-in-the-cryptocurrency-craze-a-government-backed-coin.html

I think not everybody understands what I've been trying to say in this thread. I never meant that cryptos are bad or a scam or anything of that sort. It's a great invention. Or that risky investments are bad per se. What I mean is that too many of those who call themselves "investors" in the current climate fail to see the forest for the trees. Which unlike the cryptos themselves is nothing new under the sun. What makes or breaks any investment is not entry, but exit. I haven't really seen anyone in it with an exit plan. On top of that, governments' desire to control will be part of it whether we like it or not. I am a life-long science fiction reader myself and like me a positive utopia any time. But one mustn't lose sight of the line between fantasy and reality. Many of those who are at the cutting edge of the technology seem to believe that it will make entrenched power structures obsolete. In all sympathy, you are sadly mistaken. Trying to pull the rug from under the feet of those who live off it, and who aren't a minority mind you, and not expecting a backlash is naive, to put it politely. There will be cryptocurrency "experiences".

I think not everybody understands what I've been trying to say in this thread. I never meant that cryptos are bad or a scam or anything of that sort. It's a great invention. Or that risky investments are bad per se. What I mean is that too many of those who call themselves "investors" in the current climate fail to see the forest for the trees. Which unlike the cryptos themselves is nothing new under the sun. What makes or breaks any investment is not entry, but exit. I haven't really seen anyone in it with an exit plan. On top of that, governments' desire to control will be part of it whether we like it or not. I am a life-long science fiction reader myself and like me a positive utopia any time. But one mustn't lose sight of the line between fantasy and reality. Many of those who are at the cutting edge of the technology seem to believe that it will make entrenched power structures obsolete. In all sympathy, you are sadly mistaken. Trying to pull the rug from under the feet of those who live off it, and who aren't a minority mind you, and not expecting a backlash is naive, to put it politely. There will be cryptocurrency "experiences".
Conspiracy Theories aren't too thick here yet... Lets fix that. ;) :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6sz1u3/bitcoin_sha256_and_the_nsa/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-2

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-12/exposed-real-creator-bitcoin-likely-nsa-one-world-currency

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12...syop-roll-out-one-world-digital-currency.html

https://www.ccn.com/nsa-bitcoin-1996/

https://www.wired.com/2013/12/fbi-wallet/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5037060/satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-inventor-worlds-richest/

https://medium.com/cryptomuse/how-the-nsa-caught-satoshi-nakamoto-868affcef595

Last edited:
Conspiracy Theories aren't too thick here yet... Lets fix that.
You too, my friend, are invited to read. In a previous post I refered to a concrete threat of persecution for taxation purposes. That's no conspiracy theory. In related developments, e.g. in Europe ever stricter limits on cash payments are introduced with the pretext of fighting terrorism and money laundering.

the thing is: when top countries like china, south korea, japan, the us and maybe the whole EU ban crypto trading altogether and ban them for being used as form of payment, wouldnt that be an insanely big chance for countries like vietnam or some african countries or south american or whatever to just publicly announce that they wont ban the trading and wont ban them for being used as a payment? this means the whole fucking crypto economy will shift into that country which means they will be rich as fuck very fast. who would want to miss out on that oportunity?

the trading platforms would just need to set their trading platform in said country and it would be legal again to purchase it as you purchase it in that country so the laws of that country would be the ones that are enforced.
same goes with online shops, they set their main branch in said country and accept bitcoin or whatevery crypto currency they like and people can buy there and they just send their stuff worldwide. as long as the community would stand behind this and at least one country is open for this then the world would have to accept it sooner or later. not only because the public obviously wants it but more because they miss out on huge tax gains.

instead like fiat money they can print money

crypto curency just change the flavour

if it were that great they would have a stable rate and you could use it for payment not costing 25 dollars and up to 20 min to process

and for paying tax you neverr get rid of it unless you dont own anything

when yyou own a house or a few and a business and them come oveer they look what you have if you have more than yyou declare fines or they sell what you own for taxes

and for paying tax you neverr get rid of it unless you dont own anything

when yyou own a house or a few and a business and them come oveer they look what you have if you have more than yyou declare fines or they sell what you own for taxes

No problem with that!
Many people have nothing, they live from social care.
Refugees come to our country, they need housing, and food and whatever.

The tax I pay is used to help this people, that have nothing.
Thats a good thing.

Infrastructure in my country is very good, we have many roads, electric light in nearly everywhere.
Police is strong, crime is low. Safety is good.

The tax I pay, is used to make that possible.
Thats a good thing.

Those who have much have to pay much, thats how modern society work.
I am somewhere in the middle.

I pay my share and really have no problem with it, as living in my country is a good living compared with so many other countrys in this world. Its not cheap living here, to be honest its fairly expencive, but its ok, as we have everything we want in the next supermarket, don´t have to worry about food or fresh water or anything else.

I would really like to see more rich people thinking like I do.

If I would earn 1mio Euro a year I wouldn´t have a problem with paying the max tax rate (~50%) in my country.
Normal worker here earns around 20-30k Euro a year, I still would be rich after tax, compared to them.

Not pointing out anyone specifically, but it's very interesting to see how some people have evolved in their stance regarding bitcoin/cryptos over the last few years here on the forum while others have remained just as averse as ever to it all.

I'm not actually adverse to it - but lets say I sell my house and move a $1 million into BTC or ethereum or any other coin; the price goes up and I want to take my money back - how would I get it back? Does anyone have any experience of moving large sums into or out of the various currencies?

yes you sell your house and your trap your money there if the market keep going down what are your going to doo if you dont need your money your going to leave it in hoping you get back what you sold for or like the poeple bragin about it that it going to go up

but if you need your money to buy another house you will have to take a lost when you can loose over half the price or gain over half the value are you going to take the risk

if i can tell you there another think out there that you could double your money in 6 month hoo would be interested i bet alot of poeple

that why some poeple beleive in the tooth fairy pull all your teeth out there only a certain amount of theet out there the value of the teeth the tooth fairy will pay 1 million per teeth soon

A couple of things:

1) The term "conspiracy theory" was coined by the CIA in the 1960's to try and invalidate factual knowledge about rogue government agencies criminal activities.

2) Think "Skynet" when you look at all the miners finding all those crypto-coins.

3) You're forgetting the tree standing directly in front of the forest: BLOCKCHAIN. It is THE THING that can be incorporated into ALL data traffic (now and in the future) to trace, not only origination of a data stream, but ALL locations/people that have touched the data. That's why you cannot hide your ownership/participation in mining, holding or spending a Bitcoin.

i just check bitcoin is around 12k now time to buy more for the poeple that like it it may go up again or maybe it going down even more

not bad from december it only down 8k

I'm not actually adverse to it - but lets say I sell my house and move a $1 million into BTC or ethereum or any other coin; the price goes up and I want to take my money back - how would I get it back? Does anyone have any experience of moving large sums into or out of the various currencies?

1 million is a tiny tiny tiny sum in the world of cryptos and there are many viable safe ways to convert your crypto into classic fiat money.

//L

Stumbled upon a video that explains the basics of blockchain tech and manages to do it with simple words and concepts.
"Simple" is all relative ofc, but... take a look and decide for yourself.

There's some claims in the middle part of the video that are controversial in a sense It's hard to see how deep the rabbit hole goes and Not everything that glitters is gold. You'll see what I mean by that if you look at the video in the next post.

Last edited:
A couple of things:

1) The term "conspiracy theory" was coined by the CIA in the 1960's to try and invalidate factual knowledge about rogue government agencies criminal activities.

2) Think "Skynet" when you look at all the miners finding all those crypto-coins.

3) You're forgetting the tree standing directly in front of the forest: BLOCKCHAIN. It is THE THING that can be incorporated into ALL data traffic (now and in the future) to trace, not only origination of a data stream, but ALL locations/people that have touched the data. That's why you cannot hide your ownership/participation in mining, holding or spending a Bitcoin.
You are definitely on to something here.
And you are at the same time so far off the mark it hurts.
Don't feel bad for that, well over 90% of us on this planet with access to the mass media and internet are with you there. This is perfectly normal. It doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to get into this elusive 10% though.

As the Red Queen said: “My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place."

Start at 16:30

I can bet you'll end up watching the whole thing. It's well worth it too.

Back