Account Locked - Bank Charged Back??

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
unknown.png

Hey, just wanted to ask if anyone has had any such experience. So basically, I deposited 4k ped a few days ago. My bank initially locked my card for "fraud prevention" (Wells Fargo literally locks my card whenever i spend money on Entropia.

Anyway, I looked today and found that the pending charge just disappeared. I missed a few calls from their fraud prevention, though I called the bank and they said that it wasn't a problem on their end. So I also opened a support case a few hours ago and just got booted from the game with my account locked.

Any idea what will happen from this? Surely my account isn't permabanned, that would be ridiculous. Not sure how to resolve this though with support being as slow as it is. Wondering if anyone has ever been in similar circumstances.

My bank also puts a $500 daily restriction on my debit card.

Last edited:
I seriously hate wells Fargo.

Same thing happens to me and 9 times out of 10, even if the deposit goes through, the bank locks my card until I call.

Good luck, I'm not sure what would be your next step besides calling your bank then support mail to MA until you get a response

I seriously hate wells Fargo.

Same thing happens to me and 9 times out of 10, even if the deposit goes through, the bank locks my card until I call.

Good luck, I'm not sure what would be your next step besides calling your bank then support mail to MA until you get a response

Ugh so annoying. Yea, Wells is a pain. Hopefully can resolve it soon and play tomorrow :)

This is not USA centric - happens with UK Banks as well

Not surprising, so many hiccups that can mess up a transaction. I now feel for anyone who has to deal with this bs lol. Just got an aug ares and got booted while flying over to a hunt.

get a paypal account and tie a bank and debit card to it... then just deposit with paypal. Sometimes it may take a while if you do it the bank transfer way, but it works...

Yes it does! My bank have done it in past but during fraud call i asked them to not do it again when i pay to this company and they been golden since.

Cheers
/Soko

get a paypal account and tie a bank and debit card to it... then just deposit with paypal. Sometimes it may take a while if you do it the bank transfer way, but it works...

I would, I used to use paypal but my acc got locked. I got charged back on a friends and family payment of $2k and leveraged a mistake by paypal support (which basically forced paypal to pay me $2k lol). My age was in question and since I'm not old enough still, I havent opened a new account.

Um, I have wells fargo (albeit only because I get free stock trades for life and the banker was very very hot). They stop the transaction before it goes through. They don't attempt to reverse it (causing this chargeback issue) after it already went through. My debit card is always affected by this.

If you missed repeated calls, it could have been an issue. Perhaps your age and account history prompted them to think it was stolen without confirmation.

Either way, it's temp but you'll need to get with support to remedy.

Um, I have wells fargo (albeit only because I get free stock trades for life and the banker was very very hot). They stop the transaction before it goes through. They don't attempt to reverse it (causing this chargeback issue) after it already went through. My debit card is always affected by this.

If you missed repeated calls, it could have been an issue. Perhaps your age and account history prompted them to think it was stolen without confirmation.

Either way, it's temp but you'll need to get with support to remedy.

Yea I opened 2 support tickets. Ive done several sizeable deposits in the past. Called WF too and they said it wasnt on their end (not entirely sure about that), but she said what you said basically. That in the transaction communication something happened on Mindark's end causing it to drop, and that they dont charge back pending payments like that.

Wells Fargo ffs. Daily limit is annoying too.

Last edited:
... i asked them to not do it again when i pay to this company and they been golden since...

Cheers
/Soko

Worked for me too. Only took 10 minutes. Even able to meet a real human at the local branch office. Imagine that!

Use a credit card, preferably one with cash rewards. I get 1.5% back from all eu deposits :yay:

Yea I opened 2 support tickets. Ive done several sizeable deposits in the past. Called WF too and they said it wasnt on their end (not entirely sure about that), but she said what you said basically. That in the transaction communication something happened on Mindark's end causing it to drop, and that they dont charge back pending payments like that.

Wells Fargo ffs. Daily limit is annoying too.

Tried to do a similar size deposit just now, it got cancelled by both card and paypal, so i called WF to try to unlock in which I have done several times so i know the routine.

Tonight they had me do extra shit, like having me say my social again (cause the new fraud alert system is being upgraded or something) then a new process is a text to the number in my profile and i had to repeat the number to the caller.

then the typical verification of past 5 debits and reading off card info...

After all that..they said because of the current switch over i'll have to call again in a few hours to unlock my card lol....

So it was all for nothing and I have to do the entire process again later lol

I knew i should of switched to Chase bank sooner...lol

Tried to do a similar size deposit just now, it got cancelled by both card and paypal, so i called WF to try to unlock in which I have done several times so i know the routine.

Tonight they had me do extra shit, like having me say my social again (cause the new fraud alert system is being upgraded or something) then a new process is a text to the number in my profile and i had to repeat the number to the caller.

After all that..they said because of the current switch over i'll have to call again in a few hours to unlock my card lol....

I can beat that :)

I was in Dubai using a UK based card. They locked the card then asked me how much were the last three transactions on the card. I said I know what the Dirham amount is but I don't know what the Sterling amount is because I don't know what exchange rate they used. They thought I was being unreasonable !!!

Still nothing. So much for that 48 hr response.

Still nothing, getting frustrated.

I dont see this as a wf issue. But you're going to have similar problems with other banks if you are triggering fraud alerts often.

Wonderful, just got charged the $400 from Mindark and they don't give a shit about responding to the support case or unlocking my acc.

Patch day. They'll unlock you if your account is current.

Patch day. They'll unlock you if your account is current.

Alright. They unlock on patch day? Any idea what time?

This has been a giant pain in the ass. Charge went through, just want to get back to playing.

They never said why I was locked, so for all I know it could be from the guy who was mob training/blocking me.

Alright. They unlock on patch day? Any idea what time?

This has been a giant pain in the ass. Charge went through, just want to get back to playing.

They never said why I was locked, so for all I know it could be from the guy who was mob training/blocking me.

Didn't say that. It's patch day, that's their current focus. They will unlock you if your account is current. Keep pressing for updates in your support case respectfully.

Didn't say that. It's patch day, that's their current focus. They will unlock you if your account is current. Keep pressing for updates in your support case respectfully.

Alright thanks. Yea I've got 3 support cases right now, and I've been updating them with transaction info/such. Just updated my cases today that the payment went through.

And another day passes by with no response from MA.

So they charged me $400 yesterday but never unlocked me or told me why I was locked.

Back