Entropia Universe 15.17.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Arkadia Moon Released

Today Planet Arkadia Moon has been launched and ready to be explored. Explore one of the new cities or head out and explore the moon landscape filled with rich mineral deposits and dangerous creatures. Read more

To download Arkadia Moon go to Tools/Planet Data/Arkadia Planetary System - Planet Arkadia Moon in the client loader.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Let hope not one empty place like planet Toulan or Next island

hmmm...

interesting.... looks like it might be time for another space exploration adventure.

You cannot see the moon on the space map till you visit it.

but where is the moon? :confused:

invisibull.jpg

So your planet partner can create a moon ahead of schedule but you can't, or refuse to, fix a bug introduced over a year ago. Talking about the nuisance of constant chat channel unsubscribing. It's not the only issue, but about the most ostensive example of wrong priorities. I'll stop here, the rest isn't printable.

So your planet partner can create a moon ahead of schedule but you can't, or refuse to, fix a bug introduced over a year ago. Talking about the nuisance of constant chat channel unsubscribing. It's not the only issue, but about the most ostensive example of wrong priorities. I'll stop here, the rest isn't printable.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder - what if it's not a bug in code but simply an issue of lacking write permissions somewhere, somehow? Those can be hard to reproduce in complex environments.

I bet if the bug was costing MA money it would be called an exploit and fixed by tomorrow.
Silly thing is they don't realise the more aggravating bugs are costing them money.
The more frustrated we are the less we play. The more time we waste re-adding people to chats, waiting for shops to redraw and redraw and redraw the less time we have to spend ped.. come on MA, lets see some real bug fixes

At this point, I'm starting to wonder - what if it's not a bug in code but simply an issue of lacking write permissions somewhere, somehow? Those can be hard to reproduce in complex environments.

Maybe but if I was employed as a system administrator and would use this as an excuse, I'd get fired. If it's beyond my own permission level or capability to fix or even identify, it would be my job to raise it as far up as needed to get it done. All of that a.s.a.p. if I want to continue working there, since customer complaints keep rolling in. No, this fish is stinking from its head.

Ouch. That didn't really pan out. I mean if it makes it hurt any less, the moon didn't go that well either lol.

I bet if the bug was costing MA money it would be called an exploit and fixed by tomorrow.
It IS costing them since fewer people are actively going to the moon that were waiting to do so... fewer peds cycled than potentially could be.

It IS costing them since fewer people are actively going to the moon that were waiting to do so... fewer peds cycled than potentially could be.

No, addicts will still spend just as much; but on Calypso where Mindark wants them.

The Arkadia team has been AWOL for a long time now though, so they probably don't really care.

No, addicts will still spend just as much; but on Calypso where Mindark wants them.

The Arkadia team has been AWOL for a long time now though, so they probably don't really care.

The Ark team do post on forum (Arkadia forum), they do post in Ark chats, they do disseminate info via their team of Ark advisors, they even appear on planet to chat.. sorry but they really don't have time for personal hand crafted letters. They are a small team and very busy, so sometimes there is a delay.. but they do try

can't remember the last time I saw anything from MA re Caly other than standard vu notes

The Ark team do post on forum (Arkadia forum), they do post in Ark chats, they do disseminate info via their team of Ark advisors, they even appear on planet to chat.. sorry but they really don't have time for personal hand crafted letters. They are a small team and very busy, so sometimes there is a delay.. but they do try

can't remember the last time I saw anything from MA re Caly other than standard vu notes

Oh, ok.

So, what did they say about entering PVP directly when taking off from their moon?

Is it intended to be that way or not?

So, what did they say about entering PVP directly when taking off from their moon?

I LOL'd :rolleyes:

Arkadia have pretty much tried to deny/block out the existence of space since day 1. I don't remember how long it took but I'm going to say it was weeks (not more than a couple of months) after the planet opened that they pretty much banned all discussion of space activities and especially any PVP.

The moon issue aside, I wonder if they will be able to find a new tone now that they are trying to be a "planetary system".

Also it looks like ludvig has been 'active' this week. It doesn't change Granny's point he just made a single comment and it's the first time in a couple of months. But I had a laugh when I read that post, and hit the "dev posts" link to see when they had been around.

I very definitely would like to understand what was intended, and what went wrong. Besides just pissing off the players i mean but in terms of their strategy. As it is though I don't believe they're ever going to discuss it with the players in any open fashion, so I'm just eager for someone to say "this is how it's supposed to work".

There is at least one confirmed bug so if you got looted, file a ticket.

Silly thing is they don't realise the more aggravating bugs are costing them money.
The more frustrated we are the less we play. The more time we waste re-adding people to chats, waiting for shops to redraw and redraw and redraw the less time we have to spend ped.. come on MA, lets see some real bug fixes

With the turnover the platform folks have, I am almost certain they do not have the ability to fix the issues. I dont have any other explanation at this point.

Oh, ok.

Is it intended to be that way or not?

I suspect it was intended but they decided to blame mindark for it by making it seem like a bug. At least that's what came across to me when reading all the relevant threads. They are waiting to see how we react to see if they should have it like that permanently

Edit
As to your question they haven't said anything about it when leaving the moon

Back